05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Center fog lights...

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/06, 04:24 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I've removed mine before and I used a large screwdriver (wrapped in a towel to protect the bumper) Push the screwdriver between the bumper and the grille right where one of the tabs is located. Pushing on the tab from the front side with the screwdriver should cause it to release from the bumper.
I'm sure others can jump in here and add to (or take away from ) that explanation.
Old 5/9/06, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shipping Damages

Anyone that gets grilles that are damaged in shipping.

I am not responsible for shipping damages. All claims must be filed with shipping companies. I will do what I can to help with the claims.

Butch
Old 5/9/06, 05:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To get my grill off, I used a long thin screwdriver to hold the tabs badk that are on the side of the grill. Once I got the sides off, the bottom grill was easy to remove, with no need to use a screwdriver to get the bottom loose. I just used my hands to push the pins that are attached to the grill through the bumper. The beginning was tough, but now that I have done it, was easier than I thought.

BTW, I have already been told my the service writers and the service manager that in my state, PA, that this grill is ILLEGAL. I knew this going in, as the law for fog lamps/driving lights are that they must be 20 inches center to center. On this grill its just over a foot or so. I'll be waiting to see if a cop pulls me over and what may happen. We shall see. Personally, I could care less about the law, and I wouldn't give up this look for anything. I just hope the 1st cop who pulls me over is understanding, and lets me go with a warning.
Old 5/9/06, 05:13 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Ok everyone I think a few things need to be cleared up here. Companies that are selling this product should not be flamed in anyway. They are selling the parts. Any flaws, issues, shipping delays etc are not their fault. I know I stated it before that several parts on my car (first batch items) took months (even up to 8 months for my rims) before they arrived. Sure, just like some of you I get impatient when I am being told something will be in next week but I guess we need to remember that ETA is just that, Estimated Time of Arrival and not a guarantee.
I have decided to get one of these grilles to find out just how bad that warp is and if it is noticeable on an aftermarket fascia. As with any aftermarket part, it is not very often you get an OEM fit. The price on this part definately can't be beat.
Old 5/9/06, 05:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What are you all doing about the wires and the center lights?
Old 5/9/06, 05:20 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally Posted by Fryguy
What are you all doing about the wires and the center lights?
I'll figure that out when the grille arrives. Originally we were told that removing the clips would allow the connections to reach. If not I will just figure out a way to extend the wires. Either that or get the adapter kit from Street Scene.
Old 5/9/06, 05:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Did you have to pry the bumper tab back and then the grill Part with the screwdriver?

For Everyones info. When you get your grill in Check the tabs. UPS just threw my box around (there Are several hole in the box) and one of the tabs broke. I dont think it can be glued so now I have to go through a claims process with UPS. This has nothing to do with the supplier just the darn UPS. The box looked like the one Jim Carrey delivered to the guy with the dog at the begiining of Ace Ventura Pet Detective.
Old 5/9/06, 05:31 PM

John,
Do you have a link to the adapter kit? It might be what I need for my Roush fascia. (don't want to do it Roush's way)
Old 5/9/06, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by silverGTvert
Did you have to pry the bumper tab back and then the grill Part with the screwdriver?
IIRC, you want to push one the bumper tab with the screwdriver and twist the screwdriver to get the grille tab to seperate from the hole.
(it's been a while since I did mine though)
Old 5/9/06, 05:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even thought I do not like doing this, here are the install instructions from Street Scenes for the grill:
http://www.streetsceneeq.com/instruc.../950-74590.pdf

Also looks like the SS includes a wiring extension. If I can find it, I am going to order the extension from them.
Old 5/9/06, 06:40 PM

shipping damges on grilles

Ok

If anyone gets a grille damaged in shipping here is the # for UPS.

You must have the tracking # to file the claim.

Inside the United States
Customer Service
1-800-PICK-UPS (742-5877) - Domestic

If your grille came from me us postal service and is damaged call or email me asap.

Like I said I am not resposible for shipping damages but will do my best to help in the process.

as far as replacements, they can be repurchased or wait until the claims process has been completed.

Butch
Old 5/9/06, 07:55 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by nbk13nw
I found no warpage...
LOL! It looks warped as hell.
At any rate I still have my order placed at Resto with the confirmed lowered price. It doesn't look good so far but I'll see first hand.
Old 5/9/06, 08:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

i think im gonna call 50resto and cancel mine tomorrow, im gonna wait for the 2nd batch that fits correctly. this is like when cell phone housings first come out! 2nd or 3rd gen are always perfect
Old 5/9/06, 08:03 PM
GT Member

I was VERY excited about ordering one but after seeing these pics I'm gonna hold off.
Old 5/9/06, 08:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well from what I have seen this has pretty much gone as expected I'm sorry to say. I guess I'm waiting as well.
Old 5/10/06, 04:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Is the warpage, if present on all of them, something that can be fixed with a heat gun?
Old 5/10/06, 05:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by MTAS
Is the warpage, if present on all of them, something that can be fixed with a heat gun?
Exactly my thought and my plan...

Thanks to the guys that have offered up pictures on here.. I'm still pretty excited about the product. Yes it may take a little massaging but I think I'm up for it.

I am curious if the lights are aimed properly once the grill is installed..
Old 5/10/06, 06:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

I drove my car home from the dealership last evening, and the lights looked good. Suprisingly, I didn't have 1 oncoming driver flash their lights at me (them thinking I have my hi-beams on). To me this is a good thing, as it doesn't seem to bother on coming cars. Now, the ultimate test is to pass a PA cop or state trooper at night, and see if he does a 180 and stops me. Only time will tell.
Old 5/10/06, 06:37 AM
Retired Tms Staff

The plastic is going to be pretty rigid, just like the OEM grille. Depending on how warped the one is I receive I will try either using a heat gun or a hot water bath to see if it will fix it a bit. I just hope it isn't as bad as it looks, but without ordering one I would never know. Heck, if it doesn't end up looking the way I want it to, I guess it will be placed into the pile with the rest of my spare parts
Old 5/10/06, 07:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

All this talk and no dusk/night pics....tisk tisk

I really hope the heat gun will work...I have mine out and ready to go to work. I still have my 50's order in...I am wondering now if I should cancel it or let it ride...I dont want 2 warped grills lol. I should get the ebay one tomorrow so I will have to work on it right away....if I cant get it flat I might call 50's and talk to them about my order.