05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Center fog lights...

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/06, 05:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that I am going to buy this one also. I should get it in about a day or two as Quakertown, PA is about 20 minutes from where I live.

I would go pick it up, but I am too lazy. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 5/4/06, 06:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Jeff, hows it going up in Bethlehem. I'm down in Chalfont, not too far away. I think I may get this one as well. Just emailed them to ask about the chance of a local pickup, since its a 20 minute jaunt up the highway to get it. At least I can save on the other one from 50Restomod.

Hey Jeff, since you live in Bethlehem, you should bring your car down to Harleysville. If you haven't heard, on the 2nd Saturday of every month, at the Wal-Mart on Route 63, there is a cruise night. Just a bunch of car people checking out everyone else's rides. I'll be there with mine next Saturday (as long as it doesn't rain, then no one comes). Its a great time. In the summer, over 100+ cars easily. Alot of great looking cars. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 5/4/06, 08:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05fordgt @ May 4, 2006, 8:45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey Jeff, hows it going up in Bethlehem. I'm down in Chalfont, not too far away. I think I may get this one as well. Just emailed them to ask about the chance of a local pickup, since its a 20 minute jaunt up the highway to get it. At least I can save on the other one from 50Restomod.

Hey Jeff, since you live in Bethlehem, you should bring your car down to Harleysville. If you haven't heard, on the 2nd Saturday of every month, at the Wal-Mart on Route 63, there is a cruise night. Just a bunch of car people checking out everyone else's rides. I'll be there with mine next Saturday (as long as it doesn't rain, then no one comes). Its a great time. In the summer, over 100+ cars easily. Alot of great looking cars. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I will need to try and do that sometime soon.

As for the grill, I just got an e-mail from them saying that it drop-ships from Newark, NJ. So I would venture to guess that local pickup may not be an option with this, but who knows.
Old 5/4/06, 08:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, I just got this grill off Ebay. I live in Staten Island and work in Newark so hopefully I'll get it in quick. I'll post pics and comments once it gets in.
Old 5/4/06, 09:18 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Great find, Doc!
Now it's a race to see who gets it first. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Looks like Late Model is about to lose a lot of customers.

If my "blank" grille project doesn't work out, I'll be getting one also.
Old 5/4/06, 09:31 PM
Bullitt Member

I also just purchased this grill off Ebay. Hopefully it will get here quick and I'll post some pics.
Old 5/4/06, 09:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Doc - guys - I pulled the trigger on one from eBay also. We'll see what the quality is like.

The old Bird in the hand worth two in the bush comes to mind..
Old 5/4/06, 10:02 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I wouldn't expect it to look EXACTLY like a factory grille as far as the texture, feel etc, but it should be close enough.
The prototype I saw from Legend Racing had a rough feel to it.
Old 5/4/06, 10:54 PM
Cobra Member

I bet Butch (the guy running the auction) is wondering where the swarm came from [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
He told me mine would get drop shipped tomorrow also. I will most likely have to enjoy mine vicariously through you guys though because I am flying back to Boston on Tuesday and will be there the rest of the month [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

He also reminded me to be sure to cancel my order with Late Model Restoration because they should be getting thier shipment some time next week. I assume that he knows this because they all came from the same source. Which is fine with me since this one worked out to be about $50 cheaper.

Better hurry! Only two left on that auction. He does have another auction for 25 of the same grill but it is for $4 higher [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-05-06-M...1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 5/5/06, 03:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

looks like ebay is the way to go!!!
Old 5/5/06, 05:58 AM
NJ3
Mach 1 Member

Now there are 10 left and they cost $10 more, good luck guys.
Old 5/5/06, 06:07 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WindVeilS197 @ January 31, 2006, 4:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
All those who were interested in the center fog light grille I had posted which is on my car, it is now available to order. There is a high demand, so most purchases will likely be back ordered for now, but I am here to prove it is a real part and provide anyone who is interested, the details.

To avoid any further confusion on here or drawn out posts, I ask anyone who is interested in ordering one, to please PM me. I can provide you with product information, order info, pricing, and a part #

Thanks so much! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I have followed this post from the outset. January 31.
It was sleazy from day one.
First, the post says that the product is "back ordered" for now. But, there is the definite inference that the part existed (most purchases will be back ordered). I do not think there has been one person who has reported getting the part.

Why say please "PM" me, as opposed to saying this product will be found on Latemodel's website.
I recall a lack of response, after the initial post, as well.

This seems to have been a vapor ware ruse. Create interest, halt orders to the competitor, while they produce their version of the grille......rather than just saying - - We will have this grille available in a few months. We think you will like it better, because of.........

Very little has been forthcoming from this vendor. I know absent some "fessing" up, I will consider this in placing any orders to this vendor.
Old 5/5/06, 06:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Just snagged myself one of the grills. Only one left now on that link. I emailed Butch, and he told me to call him today in regards to being able to pick the grill up instead on having it shipped, considering I live 20 minutes from the item's location. If he will allow me to pick it up, I may have some pics on here by Saturday or Sunday. Can't wait to see this in person. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 07:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lwing18 @ May 5, 2006, 8:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
First, the post says that the product is "back ordered" for now. But, there is the definite inference that the part existed (most purchases will be back ordered). I do not think there has been one person who has reported getting the part.

Why say please "PM" me, as opposed to saying this product will be found on Latemodel's website.

This seems to have been a vapor ware ruse. Create interest, halt orders to the competitor, while they produce their version of the grille......rather than just saying - - We will have this grille available in a few months. We think you will like it better, because of.........

Very little has been forthcoming from this vendor. I know absent some "fessing" up, I will consider this in placing any orders to this vendor.
[/b][/quote]

I couldn't agree more - and that's why Marcello from Silverhorse Racing is a class act IMO. If he says a product is a PRE-ORDER, he makes that painfully clear. He doesn't say "ready for order" and 5 months later it still hasn't shipped.
Old 5/5/06, 07:20 AM
Bullitt Member

For those that are waiting on Late model resto grill, I just called them to cancel my order. They said thier grill is now due at the end of May. Better get on these e-bay orders if you want one.

On a side note I e-mailed Butch about picking the part up in Newark since I work there but he said he cant do it.
Something about a rash of orders all of a sudden and he is super busy he cant sort the individual orders out. I wonder how that happened? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 07:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

i wonder if he really has them in stock or if its a ebay jerk job thing. feedback looks good tho.
Old 5/5/06, 07:40 AM

So he DOES have these in stock? Has anyone got a tracking number yet?
Old 5/5/06, 08:07 AM

Pulled the trigger on the Ebay one. Cancel the 50resto order.

PLUS the ebay is cheaper! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 5/5/06, 08:36 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lwing18 @ May 5, 2006, 7:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

In all fairness to 50resto, they never actually technically came on here and offered the grill. It was someone that works for them as a graphic designer that showed us the pictures and told us of the grill. I am pretty sure that 50restro was not actually ready to offer pre-orders on it or their wouldn't have been such a cloak and dagger routine on finding out where to order and the part number. And once we did get the contact and part number, it was stated by Jeff and also on the web site that it was a pre-order. I have been on the list just as long as everyone else, and was just as frustrated as everyone else. But I don't really think I lay blame on 50resto as much as I do on WindVeilS197. I think he got a pre-release copy and just couldn't help himself and posted pictures before anyone was ready for him to do so.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(official_style @ May 5, 2006, 8:26 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
i wonder if he really has them in stock or if its a ebay jerk job thing. feedback looks good tho.
[/b][/quote]

Nearly 1400 on feedback and 99.9% positive, I doubt he has suddenly decided to trash his rating.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NJ3 @ May 5, 2006, 7:01 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Now there are 10 left and they cost $10 more, good luck guys.
[/b][/quote]

He must have a third auction up then. Because the (second) one that I posted last night that had 25 left, is now down to 8. And the price is only $4 more than the original one I ran across.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05fordgt @ May 5, 2006, 7:28 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just snagged myself one of the grills. Only one left now on that link. I emailed Butch, and he told me to call him today in regards to being able to pick the grill up instead on having it shipped, considering I live 20 minutes from the item's location. If he will allow me to pick it up, I may have some pics on here by Saturday or Sunday. Can't wait to see this in person. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

That would be very kewl. Can't wait to hear an actual in hands report about this thing. Especially since I will most likely be leaving for the rest of the month prior to mine getting delivered.
Old 5/5/06, 09:00 AM

Hawg is right. They were pretty upfront with the fact it's a pre-ordered item. The frustration lays in the delays. I bet they can't wait to get this in themselves. The sooner they get it, the sooner they can start making money. If you have to blame someone, blame the supplier for not having their DooDoo together. However, it is 50resto responsibility to know their supplier…

In any case, no hard feelings. The fact that I can get the grill now (car show season is here and times a ticking) and the fact it's a cheaper, it's a no brainier for me.