Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Old 10/13/18, 07:09 AM
I Have No Life

Received 168 Likes on 143 Posts
Ah I see. Iím glad itís all fixed and the cost was refunded, at least for the paint. For years I thought about getting an aftermarket hood - but the repaint, and the fact that Iíd have to redo my full Xpel ppf, made me hold back. So, Iím still on my oem hood, but very happy with it.

What did I do with my Pony today? Well - more like what WILL I do with Marilyn today. I will be putting Stabil in her, going for one last drive to the gas station, and filling her up, then driving her back, and driving her onto her stable (lift). She is done for the season... the weather has and will be in 40s and 50s henceforth, so, itís no longer enjoyable to drive her and the Mickey Thomsonís are useless in that weather. Lol.

Been a fun season folks - sorry, but family and work time, and the addition of Wruby has dominated my time. I finish this year with the lowest miles on her in over 7 years - about 375 total. I need to seriously consider the possibility of selling her next year
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (10/13/18)
Old 10/13/18, 09:14 AM
Mustang Fanatic

Received 404 Likes on 367 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5 View Post
So, Iím still on my oem hood, but very happy with it.
Been a fun season folks - sorry, but family and work time, and the addition of Wruby has dominated my time. I finish this year with the lowest miles on her in over 7 years - about 375 total. I need to seriously consider the possibility of selling her next year
Burton,....we're both on our original OEM hoods because we never drive our cars and they're always garaged. LMFAO
Are you really considering selling her next year? Are you going to replace her with another beast? I thought about selling mine outright as well, but I LOVE having the muscle car rawness. (There are a couple of used car dealerships that buy awesome cars, so I might give it a shot someday.) Who knows what the future holds, maybe someday I will. If I do, I am getting another car to replace it, no doubt about that.
Good luck brother!

Last edited by Stage_3; 10/13/18 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10/13/18, 11:06 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 150 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by VidPro View Post
Picked her up from the body shop...

Sheeeeeee's baaaack!

I picked up my car yesterday at Factory Collision in Weymouth MA. Unfortunately it was downpouring so a final thumbs up will have to wait until later today, but...so far it looks amazing. The underside of the hood looks fantastic finally. It's done in the same color and is a matte like finish which is more factory like than that glossy black. Flawlessly painted too.

The hood and fender paint blending looks really nice too. Still waiting for the sun to come out to be sure. A flashlight run on it looks like they nailed it. They even seemed to lessen the hood dip at the fender.

Maybe now I can spend some money on performance mods.

Final thoughts later. Just happy she's back: )

Congrats! Glad to see that you got this fixed the way you wanted it. Looks great!

So is that a functioning ram air style hood? Looks like it directs the air from the hood scoop to the intake area. Does it seem to stay at home at higher speeds? Or are you going to have to put some hood pins on that to keep it safe?

Old 10/13/18, 11:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 150 Likes on 135 Posts
WHAT??? So you are ready to give up the dream? Wruby has replaced Marilyn? I can't believe it.
Stage_3 (10/14/18)
Old 10/13/18, 04:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by shaneyusa View Post
Congrats! Glad to see that you got this fixed the way you wanted it. Looks great!

So is that a functioning ram air style hood? Looks like it directs the air from the hood scoop to the intake area. Does it seem to stay at home at higher speeds? Or are you going to have to put some hood pins on that to keep it safe?
It can be. Cervini sells a kit, but I need to read some reviews. I may put pins in at some point. I do like the retro look of them, but no desire to drill through the hood yet.
Old 10/13/18, 04:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Smile

So I finally got to do a close inspection and all I can say is wow. Great job by Factory Collision! They had to hit the doors to blend it correctly after the first body shop screwed up the paint on the fenders. Worked out for the best because the factory paint on my doors had some funky pooling of the fleck on some areas. Now they’re as perfect as I can hope. I even noticed that my A pillars that had a couple of small rock chips were painted. They told me they couldn’t stand the car going out with them being chipped. That’s what I call knowing your customer.

Tomorrow she gets a proper wash.

The following 2 users liked this post by VidPro:
Sarge (10/14/18), Stage_3 (10/14/18)
Old 10/13/18, 05:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ah I see. I’m glad it’s all fixed and the cost was refunded, at least for the paint. For years I thought about getting an aftermarket hood - but the repaint, and the fact that I’d have to redo my full Xpel ppf, made me hold back. So, I’m still on my oem hood, but very happy with it.

What did I do with my Pony today? Well - more like what WILL I do with Marilyn today. I will be putting Stabil in her, going for one last drive to the gas station, and filling her up, then driving her back, and driving her onto her stable (lift). She is done for the season... the weather has and will be in 40s and 50s henceforth, so, it’s no longer enjoyable to drive her and the Mickey Thomson’s are useless in that weather. Lol.

I’m starting to feel the chill around here too. Next week looks colder than we’ve had in a while. My plan is until they drop salt I’m going to keep driving.

Hopefully you decide to keep your car.

Last edited by VidPro; 10/14/18 at 06:46 AM.
Stage_3 (10/14/18)
Old 10/14/18, 06:06 AM
Mustang Fanatic

Received 383 Likes on 347 Posts
The repaint looks great congrats!
VidPro (10/14/18)
Old 10/14/18, 06:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Now I have to wait to have th clear bra installed again hopefully right before Thanksgiving and the the long rest under cover until spring. At least Iíll have the winter to think about and save up for performance mods.
Old 10/14/18, 02:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Washed it yesterday and finally put vinyl stripes on my spoiler today. No surprise, the curves were problematic and I have crazy wrinkles on the bottom surface. But it looks OK from a distance and in photos, so I'll live with it until I figure out how to fix it.

Took some photos so I could make "before & after" pics. It's almost "finished" now.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sarge:
Stage_3 (10/15/18), VidPro (10/15/18)
Old 10/15/18, 07:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice I like that better than the original look
Sarge (10/15/18)
Old 10/15/18, 08:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
New mustang owner

Just got my mustang with the pp1 package and I love it
Old 10/15/18, 02:51 PM
Mustang Fanatic

Fired mine up yesterday. Sounds and looks so good. Was hoping to drive it, but no time.
Maybe this Friday if it is nice out. I have the day off.
Old 10/17/18, 06:30 PM
I Have No Life

Received 168 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3 View Post
Fired mine up yesterday. Sounds and looks so good. Was hoping to drive it, but no time.
Maybe this Friday if it is nice out. I have the day off.
Did you get to drive it? I forgot to update this thread from the weekend. I cleaned her up, put stabil, and tucked her away for the long winter! She is done!
Old 10/17/18, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last event of the season.

2016 V6 Convertible. Koni Yellows, Hankook RS4's
Old 10/18/18, 02:08 PM
Mustang Fanatic

Did you get to drive it? I forgot to update this thread from the weekend. I cleaned her up, put stabil, and tucked her away for the long winter! She is done!
I wish bro. No time.
I have to gas up her up, but I am not done driving her yet. Not until the first snowfall. After that,......she's done. lol
Old 10/18/18, 02:35 PM
GTR Member

Received 353 Likes on 306 Posts
Planning on driving mine tomorrow to an interview.
Should be in the 30's in the morning.
I'm guessing these drag radials won't hook very well

Stage_3 (10/19/18)
Old 10/18/18, 08:26 PM
Mustang Fanatic

Received 383 Likes on 347 Posts
Ummm...NO! Be very judicious with the loud pedal!
Stage_3 (10/19/18)
Old 10/19/18, 05:19 AM
GT Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Finally got some cooler weather here in the south. Went for a nice evening ride with the top down yesterday. The breeze was so relaxing I never got over 3500 RPM.
Old 10/19/18, 08:29 AM
Mustang Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Planning on driving mine tomorrow to an interview.
Should be in the 30's in the morning.
I'm guessing these drag radials won't hook very well

LMFAO
Be careful bro!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.