Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Old 3/12/19, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Drained my catchcan. About 5000 miles, half full. I think it's the first time I've opened the hood this year. Got the can off no problem, dumped it out, went to screw it back on, but it just wouldn't catch the threads. Must have been ten minutes, trying to get the angle just right, pushing it this way and that way as I turned it, checking if it's cross-threaded, just couldn't get the right angle-of-the-dangle.

Then I realized I was turning it the same way I had when I was unscrewing it.
Just so you know, these things go on easy as pie when you turn them the right way. Y'all can have that tip for free.

Last edited by Sarge; 3/12/19 at 09:28 AM.
Old 3/12/19, 05:12 PM
Mustang Fanatic

Received 395 Likes on 358 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarge
Drained my catchcan. About 5000 miles, half full. I think it's the first time I've opened the hood this year. Got the can off no problem, dumped it out, went to screw it back on, but it just wouldn't catch the threads. Must have been ten minutes, trying to get the angle just right, pushing it this way and that way as I turned it, checking if it's cross-threaded, just couldn't get the right angle-of-the-dangle.

Then I realized I was turning it the same way I had when I was unscrewing it.
Just so you know, these things go on easy as pie when you turn them the right way. Y'all can have that tip for free.
Old man...
The following users liked this post:
Sarge (3/14/19)
Old 3/14/19, 10:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Did you say something? This is my bad ear.
Old 3/14/19, 07:49 PM
Mustang Fanatic

Received 395 Likes on 358 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarge
Did you say something? This is my bad ear.
Old 3/15/19, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks good !!! What tire and rim brand, size ? Also the Duralast jack lift model ? Appreciated.
Old 3/19/19, 09:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 152 Likes on 137 Posts
Well rotated the tires and hooked up the battery. Looks like Spring is finally here. Going to drive it to work in the lighter then normal spring break commute tomorrow. Yeah! Looks like the rest of the week with be near 65, whoo hoo!
Old 3/20/19, 07:24 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Going to get the 302S Beast from Palmer Racing Development after he trimmed out over 120 lbs of ugly fat, ha. Excited to go get the Boss with the mods and lightened weight as now there is only 3 weeks till our first race in our NASA Region ( missing the first one in my SCCA Region as not enough time to make this month's event). Car was just way to heavy for it's class and nice to be fairly trim -- now the driver needs to shed 15 pounds ,ha.
Old 3/29/19, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Ive got a misfire code for #6 100k on the plugs think maybe its time to tune it up
Old 3/29/19, 02:07 PM

a nice pony ride LOL
Old 3/29/19, 07:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 152 Likes on 137 Posts
Another beautiful spring day. Sure not 65, only 53 today, but no rain! Enjoyed a nice drive. Have put about 70 miles on the car so far this year. Boy I have missed driving this beast!

Can't wait to burn off that storage fuel so I can return to using my Track key. Miss that lopey idle.
Stage_3 (3/30/19)
Old 3/30/19, 09:56 AM
Mustang Fanatic

Received 406 Likes on 369 Posts
Originally Posted by shaneyusa View Post
Another beautiful spring day. Sure not 65, only 53 today, but no rain! Enjoyed a nice drive. Have put about 70 miles on the car so far this year. Boy I have missed driving this beast!

Can't wait to burn off that storage fuel so I can return to using my Track key. Miss that lopey idle.
Awesome man!!!
I would have taken my machine out, but I had to work this morning. I think I'll give the truck a nice wash.
Enjoy brother!!
shaneyusa (3/30/19)
Old 3/30/19, 05:03 PM

I replaced the plugs and wires today .
new air filter too. Runs like new!
173k so far
Old 3/31/19, 05:20 AM
GTR Member

Received 356 Likes on 307 Posts
Haven't done anything to mine or my wife's since October last year.
I have to do oil changes on both, brake fluid flushes on both, lube up the Watts Links on both, and for her car I have to swap the factory wheels back on (the spring ritual until potholes are somewhat fixed), and also for her car I need to get a new battery.
Stage_3 (3/31/19)
Old 3/31/19, 08:58 AM
Mustang Fanatic

Received 406 Likes on 369 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Haven't done anything to mine or my wife's since October last year.
I have to do oil changes on both, brake fluid flushes on both, lube up the Watts Links on both, and for her car I have to swap the factory wheels back on (the spring ritual until potholes are somewhat fixed), and also for her car I need to get a new battery.
Damnnnnn.
Busy, busy!
Old 4/1/19, 03:18 AM
FR500 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Changed my oil. I've been changing it every 9 months but forgot this time. The 'Change Oil Soon' light came on for the first time in it's life. 2 weeks shy of 1 year at 5%, 1,673 miles
Old 4/4/19, 03:37 PM
I Have No Life

Received 168 Likes on 143 Posts
What's up everyone... sorry I've been away. How has everyone been? Sorry I've been AWOL. My excuses: winter, winter, winter, winter... Wruby my Jeep..... kids sports activities....work.

I activated Marilyn for insurance, took her down from her lift, buffed and detailed (swirl free and also tried out my new CarGuys sealant)... and now just waiting for a nice day to drive her.

Am I excused? lol

Oh here's the swirl free proof... Flaky...

Last edited by FromZto5; 4/4/19 at 03:50 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by FromZto5:
Sarge (4/7/19), Stage_3 (4/5/19)
Old 4/5/19, 08:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Wow! That looks amazing.

My car is back and ready to go. Need an inspection, but more importantly I need to get the clear bra on the hood and fenders since the new hood finally got a paint job worthy of the car and my OCD. That's happening on the 18th and then time to drive.

Yeah I stupidly put the DA on the top. I was living dangerously and luckily it didn't come back to bite me. I need a proper work station and GARAGE!!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by VidPro:
FromZto5 (4/5/19), Stage_3 (4/5/19)
Old 4/5/19, 10:11 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by VidPro View Post
Wow! That looks amazing.

My car is back and ready to go. Need an inspection, but more importantly I need to get the clear bra on the hood and fenders since the new hood finally got a paint job worthy of the car and my OCD. That's happening on the 18th and then time to drive.

Yeah I stupidly put the DA on the top. I was living dangerously and luckily it didn't come back to bite me. I need a proper work station and GARAGE!!!!
Vid, what's up man... long time. I remember you having issues with the paint job on the hood. Glad it's fixed now. I see you're using a Porter Cable. That was my first polisher too. I now have at least 2 more. My fave is my Flex 3401. The PC is a good starter, but upgrade to a Flex or something similar - why? It corrects in 1/2 the time, and you don't have to work as hard (less vibration, don't have to push down as much, won't stop rotating on you, etc.). Trust me - it is WELL worth it. I don't use my PC for correction anymore. Just to apply sealant or glazes.

And yes, you need a garage to keep your baby clean!!!
Old 4/5/19, 10:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5 View Post
Vid, what's up man... long time. I remember you having issues with the paint job on the hood. Glad it's fixed now. I see you're using a Porter Cable. That was my first polisher too. I now have at least 2 more. My fave is my Flex 3401. The PC is a good starter, but upgrade to a Flex or something similar - why? It corrects in 1/2 the time, and you don't have to work as hard (less vibration, don't have to push down as much, won't stop rotating on you, etc.). Trust me - it is WELL worth it. I don't use my PC for correction anymore. Just to apply sealant or glazes.

And yes, you need a garage to keep your baby clean!!!
Yeah I've poked in here once and awhile during the winter. Glad to see you guys waking from winter slumber. I'm waiting for that first day to drop the top and then I'll know it's really on.

Thanks for the upgrade info. I think I'll be taking your advice soon. I don't know if it's just me, but I love using the thing. I need to start asking my friends if they want their paint corrected. LOL! Oh and the garage might happen soon too. We are going to be looking for another house and keeping the three family we live in now as a rental property. I wonder where my wife will park her car...

Last edited by VidPro; 4/5/19 at 10:21 AM.
Old 4/5/19, 11:16 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by VidPro View Post
Yeah I've poked in here once and awhile during the winter. Glad to see you guys waking from winter slumber. I'm waiting for that first day to drop the top and then I'll know it's really on.

Thanks for the upgrade info. I think I'll be taking your advice soon. I don't know if it's just me, but I love using the thing. I need to start asking my friends if they want their paint corrected. LOL! Oh and the garage might happen soon too. We are going to be looking for another house and keeping the three family we live in now as a rental property. I wonder where my wife will park her car...
I'm jealous of the vert aspect of yours I hear ya on doing it for others - I used to do it professionally. Then kids came, so I gave it up and focused on being an engineer But yeah, don't do it for free - get paid for it!!!

Let your wife park outside... if yours is like mine, they don't care how the vehicles look, whether it's scratched, dirty, or clean or swirl free, don't matter. lol.
VidPro (4/7/19)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.