Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Old 5/26/18, 05:26 AM
GTR Member

Received 358 Likes on 309 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5 View Post

Gabe, gunmetal looks awesome. I forgot how low yours is.

hey, if you relocated the wheel weights, wouldn’t that render the while setup unbalanced?

also, thanks for reminding me - but I’m planning on getting my MT ET Streets mounted today. They’re 305s just like the Nittos were. Are they also going to run wider than the Nittos?
Thanks Burton. The weights are in the correct spot so there shouldn't be an issue with balance. It's not usual for the weights to be put side-by-side heading inward, I've seen them many times next to each other heading around the wheel, but not going inward.
I'll know if I screwed up the balance once I get it on the highway, lol.

The 305 MT's will most likely run quite a bit wider than the Nittos.
Actually, I'd love it if you could snag a picture with both tires unmounted on the ground like I did above, it really shows how much wider one is than the other.
Maybe you can do a pic with them mounted too?

Found a thread just now on another forum where a guy measured a Nitto tire that Nitto spec'd as 12.1" wide and the widest part he measured was 10.5" ..... meanwhile an MT tire spec'd at 12.7" he measured at just over 13".
So Nitto over-states their widths by quite a bit. From what I've seen, Michelin, Goodyear, and MT all run wider than expected.

I'm really thinking you're gonna have a lot of bulge on the 10"-wide wheels ... those MT's really should be on an 11" wheel. Yes they'll fit on a 10", but it's far from ideal.
So that's why I ask for the pics ... can't wait to see how they'll fit.
Considering some for the wife's Shelby, so I really want to see some detailed fitment pics of that setup.
Old 5/26/18, 07:26 AM
Mustang Fanatic

Received 414 Likes on 376 Posts
Tony! Awesome stuff. Did you enjoy your day off? I have Wednesday off next week so I plan to enjoy myself then. Then again I plan to get Wruby Xpel’d!
How many miles did you put on her yesterday?!?!?

Burton!!! lol
Yes, vacation day yesterday. FINALLY! I never take any time off, so I decided to take a long weekend.
I think I put on about 20 miles between yesterday and today. (GASP!!! ) I drove it again this morning since I had to get an inspection sticker. Another GORGEOUS morning for a drive.
Good times my friend.
Old 5/26/18, 11:22 AM
Play Date Madam
TMS Staff

Received 162 Likes on 137 Posts
Back on AMRs huh? Lol

Well, they popped the pumpkin they noticed a bolt inside there did not get loctite when they rebuilt it last year. It slowly worked its way loose and punched a whole in the cover new cover and everything torqued down, with loctite...no charge of course. Could've been much worse!
Old 5/26/18, 11:54 AM
GTR Member

Lol yup, for now.
Glad to hear that the car is fixed.
Old 5/26/18, 01:38 PM
Mustang Fanatic

Glad she's back in action Patrick.
Easy fix.
Old 5/26/18, 03:09 PM
I Have No Life

Received 168 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Thanks Burton. The weights are in the correct spot so there shouldn't be an issue with balance. It's not usual for the weights to be put side-by-side heading inward, I've seen them many times next to each other heading around the wheel, but not going inward.
I'll know if I screwed up the balance once I get it on the highway, lol.

The 305 MT's will most likely run quite a bit wider than the Nittos.
Actually, I'd love it if you could snag a picture with both tires unmounted on the ground like I did above, it really shows how much wider one is than the other.
Maybe you can do a pic with them mounted too?

Found a thread just now on another forum where a guy measured a Nitto tire that Nitto spec'd as 12.1" wide and the widest part he measured was 10.5" ..... meanwhile an MT tire spec'd at 12.7" he measured at just over 13".
So Nitto over-states their widths by quite a bit. From what I've seen, Michelin, Goodyear, and MT all run wider than expected.

I'm really thinking you're gonna have a lot of bulge on the 10"-wide wheels ... those MT's really should be on an 11" wheel. Yes they'll fit on a 10", but it's far from ideal.
So that's why I ask for the pics ... can't wait to see how they'll fit.
Considering some for the wife's Shelby, so I really want to see some detailed fitment pics of that setup.
Gabe - All mounted, and they are AWESOME. Never getting Nittos again, they’re terrible compared to the MTs. I’ll post more about them in my other thread.

As for fit, just like the prior set. No rubbing inside by inner fender or up top. Here’s pics of the clearance. I’ve probably got another 1/2” or more.

Originally Posted by Stage_3 View Post
Burton!!! lol
Yes, vacation day yesterday. FINALLY! I never take any time off, so I decided to take a long weekend.
I think I put on about 20 miles between yesterday and today. (GASP!!! ) I drove it again this morning since I had to get an inspection sticker. Another GORGEOUS morning for a drive.
Good times my friend.
Tony! I drove her to test out her new shoes. Then it got too hot, so she’s parked again . It’s about 90+ degrees. Ugh.
The following 3 users liked this post by FromZto5:
Cavero (5/28/18), Gabe (5/26/18), Stage_3 (5/27/18)
Old 5/26/18, 03:52 PM
Play Date Madam
TMS Staff

Received 162 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Lol yup, for now.
Glad to hear that the car is fixed.
Waiting for me to sell my wheels huh...
Old 5/26/18, 04:28 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by laserred38 View Post
Waiting for me to sell my wheels huh...
Nooooooooooo, what makes you say that?
Old 5/27/18, 09:54 AM
I Have No Life

Gabe, did you see my response to your tires/wheels comment above?

Anyways - happy Memorial to you all! Does this count as what I did to my Mustang today? I made her hungry by cooking next to her. I made her watch.

2 St. Louis style racks, with a brine/dry rub for 24 hours, then basted with a mustard/cider based glaze... all at 225 hi smoke for first half hour, then 3 then 6 hours total.

The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (5/27/18)
Old 5/27/18, 11:12 AM
GTR Member

Yup, thank you, I am a little surprised, although I'd love to see a close-up taken from a slight angle, something that would show bulging, if any.
The top pic you posted shows the tread curving toward the sidewall quite a bit ... Like they really would like a wider wheel to sit on.
Old 5/27/18, 12:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmm... Looks good there Burton. We are just having Brats and Burgers here...

Wishing all a great memorial day weekend. Thanks for all of you who have served!

Went out bought Boss to add to my garage. My grandkids are very excited.

You don't know how hard it was to find an S197 power wheels brand new, but I finally found the one I wanted, thanks to Toy-R-Us shutting down.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-img_6699_sc.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-img_6701_sc.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-img_6700_sc.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-img_6702_sc.jpg  

Last edited by shaneyusa; 5/27/18 at 12:13 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by shaneyusa:
Sarge (5/27/18), Stage_3 (5/27/18)
Old 5/27/18, 01:23 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Yup, thank you, I am a little surprised, although I'd love to see a close-up taken from a slight angle, something that would show bulging, if any.
The top pic you posted shows the tread curving toward the sidewall quite a bit ... Like they really would like a wider wheel to sit on.
Gabe, I agree, the 10.5 or maybe even the 11 wide wheel would work for the MT 305s, but it looks really good on the Milan 10s right now. I don’t think it looks that different from when the Nittos were on there. I think it looks even better, actually. Too thin a tire or too wide a wheel would also increase the chance of curbing.

The grip though... omg the grip. I feel like I added horsepower or torque. Lol.

Originally Posted by shaneyusa View Post
Mmmmmmmmmmm... Looks good there Burton. We are just having Brats and Burgers here...

Wishing all a great memorial day weekend. Thanks for all of you who have served!

Went out bought Boss to add to my garage. My grandkids are very excited.

You don't know how hard it was to find an S197 power wheels brand new, but I finally found the one I wanted, thanks to Toy-R-Us shutting down.
Shane that is awesome!!! Sad about Toys R Us going under, but oh well. We even have a store here that did the same. I bought a video game there since closeout haha! The power wheels is amazing!!! We had a Lightning McQueen for our son too... it was fun when he had it.

Your actual S197 is awesome - we need more pics of that!

oh and here’s the update on the ribs! After 3 hours, then glazing more, then starting the crux!!! Another 2 and 1 more hours.

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/27/18 at 01:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
shaneyusa (5/30/18)
Old 5/27/18, 04:38 PM
Mustang Fanatic

Received 415 Likes on 374 Posts
Awesome Shane with the Boss!
Awesome Burton with the ribs!
Old 5/27/18, 04:53 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak View Post
Awesome Shane with the Boss!
Awesome Burton with the ribs!
Ok... last one! Thanks though Gary!!! We have full bellies. We ate outside next to Marilyn.

Old 5/27/18, 04:55 PM
Mustang Fanatic

Looks great!
Old 5/28/18, 01:48 PM
I Have No Life

I started her up only to play musical cars with her as I rearranged the vehicles to get Portia’s oil changed on the lift. What a hot day, but we got ‘er done!

Old 5/28/18, 04:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Installed a PYLE reverse camera and rear view mirror kit on my 2011
it works as advertised. 64 bucks online
Old 5/28/18, 05:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Installed a Pedal Commander on my 2011, it got rid of pedal lag. It makes a big difference in the feel of the car and it works even better n the highway when you have to merge. Here on long island we have very short onramps on the parkways.
When I save enough money I will get another for my 2017 GT, the pedal lag is even worse.
Old 5/29/18, 02:28 PM
Mustang Fanatic

I started her up only to play musical cars with her as I rearranged the vehicles to get Portia’s oil changed on the lift. What a hot day, but we got ‘er done!

LMFAO
Musical cars!
Old 5/29/18, 03:57 PM
GTR Member

Lol awesome.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.