Originally Posted by Glenn

Glenn,
Where do you find this stuff??
Scott
Old 1/12/08, 04:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
OKAY GUYS,
Tom thinks shaftmasters has great customer service well let me tell about one that is a little bit better. Around 4:30 pm this afternoon while I was hanging a celling fan and Karen yells at me that someone is at the gate with a white Mustang. I went and looked and I said "THAT IS MY MUSTANG" !!! About that time the driver figured out the opener to the gate was in the car. Well to make a long story short. Keith Rogers ...owner of Rogers Garage who is not open on Saturday came in to repair my pinion flange because it was supposed to snow on Sunday and Monday. Needless to say I was in awe. The pinion flange is fixed and I have no more issue. The Spydershaft is smooth as silk up too 100mph and I am happy. He said the problem was what I thought it was not seated all the way. That new pinion flange was super tight going on and he used a big air impact to get it seated than backed the nut off and re-torqued to 150 ft/lbs. So the car is fixed and back in the garage. I took it out and gave her a good run and have to agree with Larry that the OBX longtubes seems to add some low end torque. So says my butt-o-meter. Guess we will see for sure next month at Brenspeeds for the cam install and dyno tune.
Scott
Old 1/12/08, 04:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Excellent news Scott!
Old 1/12/08, 05:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 779 Likes on 568 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER

Glenn,
Where do you find this stuff??
Scott
I visit a few other forums usally just the off topic areas
Old 1/12/08, 05:36 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Hey Darrell,
I was in denial for 2-3 years before I got my glasses. Is that where you are now? I'm not sure where the threshold is on too much carbon fiber is but...since your in the old man's group maybe she would like a carbon fiber prophylactic for her man. Give him stunning good looks and staying power. What's ya think?
Scott

No denial here I need the glasses to read. Prophylac.whatit..you mean a condom... don't need that either... wife is fixed after the last kid 25 years ago and I need a blue pill and a weeks advanced notice.
Old 1/12/08, 05:42 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Well Tom got his shaft up,,, and Scott fixed his leaky rear end.. Man I just had to pull the Mustang out of the garage when I got home from work to do something..

So I installed the rear brake rotors and cleaned about 2 lbs of Brenspeed's parking lot out of the rear tire well. So I'm happy
Old 1/12/08, 05:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
No denial here I need the glasses to read. Prophylac.whatit..you mean a condom... don't need that either... wife is fixed after the last kid 25 years ago and I need a blue pill and a weeks advanced notice.

I hate to admit it but I know what you mean!! Go get some glasses. Put that union insurance of yours to good use.
Scott
Old 1/12/08, 05:43 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dly
Old 1/12/08, 05:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
Well Tom got his shaft up,,, and Scott fixed his leaky rear end.. Man I just had to pull the Mustang out of the garage when I got home from work to do something..

So I installed the rear brake rotors and cleaned about 2 lbs of Brenspeed's parking lot out of the rear tire well. So I'm happy

When are you going to tuff it out and get that Pypes offroad pipe installed???? Wuss!!!
Old 1/12/08, 05:52 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

When you going to tuff it out and get that Pypes offroad pipe installed???? Wuss!!!

Well tomorrow is the Carbon fiber install pictures coming

h-pipe next weekend it ain't snowing and frenzing cold.
Old 1/12/08, 05:54 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by codeman94

Some day you'll grow old to Cody
Old 1/12/08, 06:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by codeman94
Cody, that by FAR is the best use of smilie I've seen in a long time.....!

Originally Posted by dly
Well tomorrow is the Carbon fiber install pictures coming

h-pipe next weekend it ain't snowing and frenzing cold.
Can't wait to see the pix..... It is funny what some people like, other people hate. I say as long as you're happy, then who cares. Me personnally, I've been wanting a wood dask kit for my car since I bought it 2.5 years ago. We had one in our Denali and now the Aspen has a beautiful accent kit. Funny though, everytime I mention it most people say GROSS, BARF, etc.
Old 1/12/08, 06:15 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dly
Some day you'll grow old to Cody
...yeah, but I try not to think about it. I'm trying to take advantage of my youth while I still have it.
Old 1/12/08, 06:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
OKAY GUYS,
Tom thinks shaftmasters has great customer service well let me tell about one that is a little bit better. Around 4:30 pm this afternoon while I was hanging a celling fan and Karen yells at me that someone is at the gate with a white Mustang. I went and looked and I said "THAT IS MY MUSTANG" !!! About that time the driver figured out the opener to the gate was in the car. Well to make a long story short. Keith Rogers ...owner of Rogers Garage who is not open on Saturday came in to repair my pinion flange because it was supposed to snow on Sunday and Monday. Needless to say I was in awe. The pinion flange is fixed and I have no more issue. The Spydershaft is smooth as silk up too 100mph and I am happy. He said the problem was what I thought it was not seated all the way. That new pinion flange was super tight going on and he used a big air impact to get it seated than backed the nut off and re-torqued to 150 ft/lbs. So the car is fixed and back in the garage. I took it out and gave her a good run and have to agree with Larry that the OBX longtubes seems to add some low end torque. So says my butt-o-meter. Guess we will see for sure next month at Brenspeeds for the cam install and dyno tune.
Scott
Scott,
Glad to hear you got your ride back & alls well.Sounds like you have another place that has customer service along the same lines as Brenspeed.
I talked with Brent Friday, I got another code on mine.It's the pass side O2 sensor going full rich. I swapped the 2 side to side today & will run with that a while.Only 2nd time in 1200+miles and no 'limp mode' or other performance issues. Just a nuisance issue. He quoted me around 200 for a dyno tune, still thinking about making a run w/you up there on the 15th of Feb.
I'll let you know here soon.

dly,
getting curious as to what carbon fibre part you're installing
Old 1/12/08, 07:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I smell a get-together on the 15th.....
Old 1/12/08, 08:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OKAY GUYS,
Scott
Scott, glad to hear no major problems! looking forward to your dyno numbers after your Cam job!......
Old 1/12/08, 08:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
I smell a get-together on the 15th.....
What kinda smell is that?............The smell of money burning!
Old 1/13/08, 03:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
Scott,
Glad to hear you got your ride back & alls well.Sounds like you have another place that has customer service along the same lines as Brenspeed.
I talked with Brent Friday, I got another code on mine.It's the pass side O2 sensor going full rich. I swapped the 2 side to side today & will run with that a while.Only 2nd time in 1200+miles and no 'limp mode' or other performance issues. Just a nuisance issue. He quoted me around 200 for a dyno tune, still thinking about making a run w/you up there on the 15th of Feb.
I'll let you know here soon.

dly,
getting curious as to what carbon fibre part you're installing

Hi Larry,
The more the marrier. I hope you can make it. I need to get some miles on my car now to see if I might have the same issue later as you have. The car definitely felt stronger in the low and mid range rpm's just like you said yours did. I still need to see if I can lower the shaker cover some more to take some of the pressure off the hood. That's no big deal. So you have or have not made an appt. for the 15th?
Scott
Old 1/13/08, 04:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly

And I also still have some of Brenspeeds parking lot to get rid of. High pressure at the wishy washy can't even touch that stuff.
Old 1/13/08, 06:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Good morning gents.... 36 hours till my wife returns from California- effectively the end of both hers and my vacation LOL!

I've been thinking about removing my shaker and buying a hood..... I've been in love with this Cervini's hood since it first came out and then at Stangstock there was a lady there that had it on her Eleanor clone- what do you guys think:

(photo courtesy of travelinchris)

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread