Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/08, 08:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by lilbossman
gotta subscribe...... i live in a little town called fortville (walking distance of fishers) is anyone gonna have their car in the World of Wheels coming up the in febuary?
Welcome man, come on in! I'm from just south of Fort Wayne, about 2 hours from Fishers. Hadn't planned on WOW, depends on the weather.
Old 1/2/08, 08:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rent a car...

Ok I've got a question. I don't know how to drive a manual (I've done it twice but not very long) but would really like to buy a Mustang with one, but I though I might just rent a car with one, just to get the hang of it and practice on something a bit more docile. I can't seem to find one though anyone in the Chicago area know of a place to rent one or another way to practice???

Thanks so much!
Old 1/2/08, 08:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

i was just wondering if people were cuz my uncle has always brought cars out and this year he will prolly have one of his best line ups.... by the way my uncle is the owner of vails classic cars..... if anyone remembers a 65 or 67 shelby then you know who he is..... this year he is bringing a beautiful 68 cougar 302 dan gurney special, his 07 gt500 vert, 69 racharo 428cj, 63 split window vette and a 67 gt500.... best line up i can remember
Old 1/2/08, 08:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes - I know Bill and Ron - nice people. Really nice cars...
Old 1/3/08, 05:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Starfire
Ok I've got a question. I don't know how to drive a manual (I've done it twice but not very long) but would really like to buy a Mustang with one, but I though I might just rent a car with one, just to get the hang of it and practice on something a bit more docile. I can't seem to find one though anyone in the Chicago area know of a place to rent one or another way to practice???

Thanks so much!
I don't know....
Old 1/3/08, 07:21 AM
Cobra R Member

Aw, come on Tom - he can learn in yours, right? But he better have Kevlar underwear...
Old 1/3/08, 07:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Uh, my clutch sees enough abuse as it is!
Old 1/3/08, 09:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
I am getting ready to call Brent this morning to make an appt. I am going to try for Friday Feb. 15th.
Scott
Hey! Grumpy, I want a rwhp prediction from you on where you think you'll be after your cam install .........
Old 1/3/08, 10:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Not putting mine in WoW this year. Our club has a display, but I'm not getting in it this year.

I doubt if there is a rental place that would rent a manual. To much wear and tear on clutches. These cars are very easy IMO to drive. Biggest thing is have an easy right foot starting off until you totally get the hang of it.

HMMM, may have to take a road trip weather permitting on the 15th.
Old 1/3/08, 03:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstang06
Hey! Grumpy, I want a rwhp prediction from you on where you think you'll be after your cam install .........

What is this.. some kind of challenge? What I could hope for is 1 more HP than Tom and 1 more ft/lb of Torque than Darrell and than go race Ben and kick his butt. Now I could have a high time with that. But in all reality that won't happen. I will take an educated guess. But I need to give you my starting point. My last dyno pull at Brenspeed in Oct. was 278hp / 294 torque. Since then I will add the following: Added delete plates, Earls brake lines,Spydieshaft, OBX longtubes, Comp cams and an ace-in-the-hole I can't tell you about. So here goes my guess. 315hp/325 torque. Like I said in the past. All I am shooting for is to get my auto tranny stang over the 300/300 mark naturally asperated. Some how I am sure my guess won't happen but anything over 300/300 I will be happy with. So if I'm right can Karen and I spend a week with you in Florida at no cost?
Scott
Old 1/3/08, 08:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah it's too bad, I wish I knew someone with a manual, even my dad who use to own a 70' 440 Six-Pack 'Cuda with a 4 speed dosen't have a manual now. I always wished that my current ride came with a manual but it's not even a option (2000 Grand Prix GTP), yeah it's got some mods but it's time to get rid of it and go back to a V8 with RWD, I miss it too much!
Old 1/3/08, 11:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

What is this.. some kind of challenge? What I could hope for is 1 more HP than Tom and 1 more ft/lb of Torque than Darrell and than go race Ben and kick his butt. Now I could have a high time with that. But in all reality that won't happen. I will take an educated guess. But I need to give you my starting point. My last dyno pull at Brenspeed in Oct. was 278hp / 294 torque. Since then I will add the following: Added delete plates, Earls brake lines,Spydieshaft, OBX longtubes, Comp cams and an ace-in-the-hole I can't tell you about. So here goes my guess. 315hp/325 torque. Like I said in the past. All I am shooting for is to get my auto tranny stang over the 300/300 mark naturally asperated. Some how I am sure my guess won't happen but anything over 300/300 I will be happy with. So if I'm right can Karen and I spend a week with you in Florida at no cost?
Scott

Hmmm, maybe it will be warm enough on the 15th for Eleanor to come out and play, to uphold her honor. Maybe a dose of giggle juice in is order for the day.

You know Old Indian Dude, I'm not sure I would use the phrase "Ace in the hole" around this group.
Old 1/3/08, 11:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Scott, what directions do you use to get to Brent's? Thought about ordering the cams and trying to meet up with you on your way.
Old 1/4/08, 06:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

So here goes my guess. 315hp/325 torque.
Scott
I'm gussing 302/308. Depending upon whatever this "Ace in the hole" thing is.... what is this- Midwest Confidential?

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
You know Old Indian Dude, I'm not sure I would use the phrase "Ace in the hole" around this group.
I heard that.....

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
Scott, what directions do you use to get to Brent's? Thought about ordering the cams and trying to meet up with you on your way.
Scott has always used my directions- we've always met in Decatur and then headed over LOL. Hey maybe we could all meet up? Scott did Dave or Brent say they'd be done with the car that day?
Old 1/4/08, 06:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
I'm gussing 302/308. Depending upon whatever this "Ace in the hole" thing is.... what is this- Midwest Confidential?

I heard that.....

Scott has always used my directions- we've always met in Decatur and then headed over LOL. Hey maybe we could all meet up? Scott did Dave or Brent say they'd be done with the car that day?

Hey Ben,
I have always met up with Tom in Decatur. So I go north on I-75 to SR 33 into Decatur. Than I don't know where I go from there since I follow Tom.
Tom,
I made my arrangements with Dave since he is the one doing the work. I am supposed to be there between 8 -8:30 that day. He said it is a 4 hr. install and then maybe 1 hour on the dyno. Should be headed back home by 2-3 pm. Also, I will let you revise your HP guess Tom. I will be running the stock wheels and tires on this trip. You know they make a difference just not sure what it will be. I am sure the final numbers will be lower than my guess. It seems they always are for everybody. Like I said I just want 300/300 and I will be happy. It would be fun to meet up. We could have a mini "Stangstock""
Scott
Old 1/4/08, 06:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Scott, I took your stock wheels into consideration with my estimates....

Ben, from Decatur we take 27N to 469W to 69N..... them jump on 30W over to Pierceton.
Old 1/4/08, 06:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Scott
En EspaƱolThe rumor is!.....this be your Ace in the Ho!.....
Order Online or call Toll Free: 1-866-442-5199 , International: 1-813-322-3210
Turbonator.com, 6747 Land O Lakes Blvd, Land O Lakes, Florida, 34638, USA

Get each additional Turbonator for $29.95
FREE SHIPPING with 2 or more units

TOTALLY RISK FREE GUARANTEE:
120-day money back guarantee, no restocking fee, and,
we even refund shipping.

Supercharge your car, truck, van, boat, RV, or motorcycle in just a few minutes.

As Seen In:

The Turbonator is much less expensive and more efficient than any turbocharger, supercharger, blower, or intercooler. Its superior design can increase horsepower and the Turbonator's performance is backed with a 120-day money back guarantee.
More Power: Are you looking for more power from your wheels? Whether you have a stock or aftermarket intake system, the Turbonator can add up to 35 horsepower to your vehicle.*

Fuel Savings : Turbonator users have reported MPG increases from 10 to 22 percent. Results will vary depending on your driving habits and the condition of your vehicle.

Easy To Install : 5 minutes and a screwdriver is all it takes. Anyone can do it.
Superior Quality: The Turbonator is made of solid stainless steel and backed by a lifetime warranty. It is guaranteed to outlast your car. The Turbonator's fins are engineered to improve combustion without restricting airflow. Because the fins do not intersect in the middle of the hose, air is allowed to flow freely into the engine. This results in improved performance and alleviates any stress on the fins themselves. We are not a reseller. We are the manufacturer. We design, make, inspect, and ship every single Turbonator ourselves. If you didn't get it from us, you didn't get a Turbonator.
120-Day Money Back Guarantee: We have tens of thousands of satisfied customers who have recommended the Turbonator to their friends and families. Try it for 120 days, and if you are not 100% satisfied, you can return it with no questions asked. Get more horsepower and better gas mileage or get your money back. Turbonator, more boost for your buck. Order now.

How does it work?
The Turbonator's airflow dynamics can produce a swirling, fast-burn effect in the combustion chamber. This can create finer particles of atomized fuel, allowing better flame propagation and more complete combustion. Read more..

"I purchased two Turbonators for my Chrysler Sebring and immediately noticed the increase in power. It was more than I expected. I am already noticing the improved gas mileage. I like them so much, I am ordering two more for my brothers. Now, it feels like my car has a turbo charger." - Dr. Brian Coyle (San Jose, CA) Read more testimonials..
Old 1/4/08, 07:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

DANG- the group buy price is only $29.95! Why don't all of you guys go in together!!

Old 1/4/08, 07:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
DANG- the group buy price is only $29.95! Why don't all of you guys go in together!!

Maybe I need 2 of them to reach my guesstimate. If I were to revise my guess I would leave the HP guess at 315 but lower to torque guess to 315. I forgot that the cams really do not gain any torque but just move the peak around some. So final guess is 315/315.
Old 1/4/08, 07:57 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Maybe I need 2 of them to reach my guesstimate.
You got to love that Turdonator!..... I hope you break 300 on both sides......lord knows you've bolted just about every aftermarket mod there is ! the only thing besides blowin it I can think of is BBK throttle body !....

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread