Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/08, 07:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
A 500 lb/ft wrench???

Yeah 500 ft/lb. Looks like I have scared you away from replacing your pinion flange based on the Shaftmasters thread.
Old 1/7/08, 07:56 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Finally heard from Spyder7724 last nite. He thinks it is the locktite that Ford uses that is causing the force required I am experiencing. He is promoting me getting a 500 ft/lb. impact wrench and give it a few shots. I'm not buying it. I am very concerned about screwing up the crush collar and bearing preload. I am trying to get a new flange from him and I will take it to my gear guys to make sure it is done correctly.
Scott
Scott if you take your Stang to the Pro for your sick shafted rear end, that would be a good thread to start with photos !.....
Old 1/7/08, 10:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Yeah 500 ft/lb. Looks like I have scared you away from replacing your pinion flange based on the Shaftmasters thread.
Well between you and everyone else that uses the adaptor and has had no problems, yes I'm starting to sway away from the pinion flange. There are countless people using adaptors now and none of them have had problems. The same can be said for the flange but you leave alot of damage possibly if you screw up the install. I for one know that Brent told me he wouldn't sell a shaft with replacement flange for exactly the reason (problem) that you've had.
Old 1/7/08, 10:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Well between you and everyone else that uses the adaptor and has had no problems, yes I'm starting to sway away from the pinion flange. There are countless people using adaptors now and none of them have had problems. The same can be said for the flange but you leave alot of damage possibly if you screw up the install. I for one know that Brent told me he wouldn't sell a shaft with replacement flange for exactly the reason (problem) that you've had.

I hear ya. It really isn't that tough of job. I don't know why mine won't go on any easier then it has. If I had it to do all over again I might just get one with an adaptor. I just got off of the phone with Ron Lenord (Spyder7724) and he is going to send me a new flange at no cost so I will have it when I take my car to the garage. He made it sound like some of them can be real PITA. Said thats why he bought the mondo 500 ft/lb. impact wrench. I will have alot less bucks in the repair than buying a new air compressor and a 500 ft/lb impact wrench.
Old 1/7/08, 05:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well sounds like he's making it right as much as he can...... hopefully nothing internal is damaged.
Old 1/7/08, 05:30 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
All I remember of my install was tightening that **** nut so tight I pulled it though the e-brake and it still didn't click on the torque wrench. But I don't have a leak or whine to go along with that CHEESE
Old 1/7/08, 05:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey Larry,
On a different subject. You know how we were wondering if Brenspeed updated their tunes when you add longtubes? Well I call this morning and talked with Dave and he said they only turn the rear O2 sensors off. They make now A/F adjustments at all. Thought you would want to know.
Scott
Thanks for the info Scott
I'll probably still see about getting them to do a custom tune on mine. If yours is back on the road when you do your cam install,I'll look into going up that day also.
Old 1/7/08, 05:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
All I remember of my install was tightening that **** nut so tight I pulled it though the e-brake and it still didn't click on the torque wrench. But I don't have a leak or whine to go along with that CHEESE

Hey Wuss,
Have you got that offroad Pypes H-pipe installed yet? I don't want to hear anything about how much snow...or how cold it is up there. A real man does his mod regardless.......
Old 1/7/08, 06:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by aircare84
I'll probably still see about getting them to do a custom tune on mine. If yours is back on the road when you do your cam install,I'll look into going up that day also.

That would great Larry. I will be back and running next week if I get the new pinion flange. No point in making arrangements if I don't have everything they need. If you think you can make it on Feb. 15th you might want to call. They are appointment only.
Scott
Old 1/7/08, 06:36 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Wuss,
Have you got that offroad Pypes H-pipe installed yet? I don't want to hear anything about how much snow...or how cold it is up there. A real man does his mod regardless.......

Snow is gone ..20" last Monday but it was 65 today...Snow is gone

Waiting for my Innovate A/F gauge from the vendor, its been on back order for order a month now. I would hate to crawl under the car twice. I been polishing my Mirrors the last 3 weeks And if a real man does his own Mods...why are you take the Shaft to a garage to be put on right???? Also lets not even talk about the bump sticks!!!!!!
Perhaps when spring rolls around you can pay your neighborhood kid to put your bigger wheels back on
Old 1/7/08, 06:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
Snow is gone ..20" last Monday but it was 65 today...Snow is gone

Waiting for my Innovate A/F gauge from the vendor, its been on back order for order a month now. I would hate to crawl under the car twice. I been polishing my Mirrors the last 3 weeks And if a real man does his own Mods...why are you take the Shaft to a garage to be put on right???? Also lets not even talk about the bump sticks!!!!!!
Perhaps when spring rolls around you can pay your neighborhood kid to put your bigger wheels back on

I am doing the cams and custom dyno tune... Duhh....
Old 1/7/08, 06:40 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Tom the stud....you ever get the spark plug gapper tool???? If so could you bring it next time we meet so I can close the gap on my new HT0 plugs. Or you could ship it to me (at my $$$$) right before we meet again and then I could return it to you with a rental fee attached.
Old 1/7/08, 06:42 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

I am doing the cams and custom dyno tune... Duhh....

Your are doing the Cams or is Brenspeed doing them Feb. 15
Old 1/7/08, 06:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
Your are doing the Cams or is Brenspeed doing them Feb. 15

They are doing the cam install and dyno tune. For $280 bucks installed I wouldn't even consider it.
Old 1/7/08, 06:53 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

A real man does his mod regardless.......

Old 1/7/08, 07:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly

Hey Scott, I can put your wheels on.....

Originally Posted by dly
Hey Tom the stud....you ever get the spark plug gapper tool???? If so could you bring it next time we meet so I can close the gap on my new HT0 plugs. Or you could ship it to me (at my $$$$) right before we meet again and then I could return it to you with a rental fee attached.
No rental fee needed..... PM me your name/address and I'll ship it to you....... just get'er back to me relatively soon because I plan to put new plugs in the car early this spring.
Old 1/8/08, 01:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
Hey Larry,
On a different subject. You know how we were wondering if Brenspeed updated their tunes when you add longtubes? Well I call this morning and talked with Dave and he said they only turn the rear O2 sensors off. They make now A/F adjustments at all. Thought you would want to know.
Scott

That's odd, Brent indicated the first time I was up there for a Dyno Day that he had adjusted my tune for the headers, but it was still leaning out and if I got my tuner to him, he would richen the tune some more. I had my tuner with me and he kept it and shipped it to me. If I remember it was around 14.3 at wot.
Old 1/8/08, 03:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
Quote:
Hey Larry,
Scott

That's odd, Brent indicated the first time I was up there for a Dyno Day that he had adjusted my tune for the headers, but it was still leaning out and if I got my tuner to him, he would richen the tune some more. I had my tuner with me and he kept it and shipped it to me. If I remember it was around 14.3 at wot.

That's why I called. I have read opinions going both ways. I guess that's why you get them dyno tuned.
Old 1/8/08, 06:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Well, I'm getting shafted......

After a lot of discussion with Shaftmasters, I've ordered their 3.5" shaft with adaptor. The 3.5" is made with .125 wall tubing and is rated for more torque than the 4". Install should be this weekend I hope...
Old 1/8/08, 06:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Well, I'm getting shafted......

After a lot of discussion with Shaftmasters, I've ordered their 3.5" shaft with adaptor. The 3.5" is made with .125 wall tubing and is rated for more torque than the 4". Install should be this weekend I hope...
Good for you. I still have a wet rear end.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread