Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/08, 04:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by shaftmasters
Hi Scott,
I noticed that your from southwest Ohio. Do you know where Fairfield is? Also have you ever been to Hocking Hills state park?
Robert

Hey Robert,
I was born and raised in the Dayton Ohio area and now live about 20 miles north in New Carlisle. Yes.. I know where Fairfield and Hocking Hills state park are. Are you originally from this area?
Scott
Old 1/16/08, 04:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
I'd love to drive you old farts around, but after riding in a blown eye catcher such as mine while a movie is playing on the screen in the dash, you'd probably just end up envious. Remember after your cam install, you'll still only be ~150 rwhp less than mine. Plus, I'm kinda like woman candy in this car, you two dudes couldn't catch my fastballs.

Well... I don't want to deflate your ego...but I was really hoping you would suck up to Kim to see if you could drive us around in her new SUV that day.
Old 1/16/08, 04:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Well... I don't want to deflate your ego...but I was really hoping you would suck up to Kim to see if you could drive us around in her new SUV that day.
Yeah I probably could do that! Hey, the shop is only 30 minutes from Fort Wayne..... Brandy's, Showgirls I, II, and III.... Stewies, Shangra La...... I heard all of these places have great "liquid lunch" specials for like, a dollar!
Old 1/16/08, 04:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Robert,
I was born and raised in the Dayton Ohio area and now live about 20 miles north in New Carlisle. Yes.. I know where Fairfield and Hocking Hills state park are. Are you originally from this area?
Scott
No,
Back in '03 when I was shoping for equipment for our business I asked the manufacturer for a reference and he referred me to a shop in Fairfield. My wife and I decided to take a combined business/vacation trip to Ohio. I asked my cousins in Delaware to recommend somewhere interesting to see in Ohio and they suggested Hocking Hills. Very cool place! we have been back once since then and might go again Memorial weekend.
Robert
Old 1/16/08, 04:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah I probably could do that! Hey, the shop is only 30 minutes from Fort Wayne..... Brandy's, Showgirls I, II, and III.... Stewies, Shangra La...... I heard all of these places have great "liquid lunch" specials for like, a dollar!

What are you trying to do give both Ben and me heart attacks??? Slow down there Stud Boy. I'd just be happy with a Big Mac and fries.
Old 1/16/08, 04:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

No,
Back in '03 when I was shoping for equipment for our business I asked the manufacturer for a reference and he referred me to a shop in Fairfield. My wife and I decided to take a combined business/vacation trip to Ohio. I asked my cousins in Delaware to recommend somewhere interesting to see in Ohio and they suggested Hocking Hills. Very cool place! we have been back once since then and might go again Memorial weekend.
Robert

Hocking Hills area is a very pretty area. Not many places like that in Ohio!! If you are ever down this way give me a call. Us old guys can get together! I'd like to meet you.
Scott
Old 1/16/08, 04:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

OK....... I hear ya.
Old 1/16/08, 05:01 PM
Banned

Hocking Hills area is a very pretty area. Not many places like that in Ohio!! If you are ever down this way give me a call. Us old guys can get together! I'd like to meet you.
Scott
Are you near Kings Island? Maybe some day soon my wife and will take our daughter and grandson there.
Robert
Old 1/16/08, 05:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Are you near Kings Island? Maybe some day soon my wife and will take our daughter and grandson there.
Robert
Kings Island is in Mason Ohio. Half way between Dayton and Cinncinnati. We are about 20 miles north of Dayton up SR235. You pass us on your way down. Kings Island is a must see place to bring the youngster's!
Scott
Old 1/16/08, 07:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Catching up on the thread after a few days away.

Just got back tonight after touring the fine state of Indiana,got to visit Terra Haute,Indianapolis,Columbus & finally Kokomo. Glad I had a rental to burn miles off, I think I drove 600m or so in the past 3 days.
I had planned on stopping by Brenspeeds this afternoon after Kokomo, but I finished up late & didn't make it.
I'll be calling Dave tomorrow morning & see if they can still fit me in Feb 15th.
I'll let you know Scott, if I'll be going in that day.Hopefully Dave will be able to still fit me in. Brent didn't think there would be a problem.

Ben, Are you getting cams in yours on the 15th as well?
Old 1/17/08, 12:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'd love to drive you old farts around, but after riding in a blown eye catcher such as mine while a movie is playing on the screen in the dash, you'd probably just end up envious. Remember after your cam install, you'll still only be ~150 rwhp less than mine. Plus, I'm kinda like woman candy in this car, you two dudes couldn't catch my fastballs.
Actually if all goes as planned I should only be around 40-50 RWHP less, and my power doesn't take time to get the fan wound up. I'm figuring a high 30 RWHP gain on the parts, based on Brent's tech news and if I up my n2o to 100 shot.

Oh, and as far as watching a movie, I've seen enough video screens in cars on "PIMP MY RIDE" and when the rice patrol comes around on Saturday night.
Old 1/17/08, 12:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by aircare84

Just got back tonight after touring the fine state of Indiana,got to visit Terra Haute,Indianapolis,Columbus & finally Kokomo. Glad I had a rental to burn miles off, I think I drove 600m or so in the past 3 days.
I had planned on stopping by Brenspeeds this afternoon after Kokomo, but I finished up late & didn't make it.
I'll be calling Dave tomorrow morning & see if they can still fit me in Feb 15th.
I'll let you know Scott, if I'll be going in that day.Hopefully Dave will be able to still fit me in. Brent didn't think there would be a problem.

Yep, got all my parts ordered and waiting at Brenspeed.
Old 1/17/08, 05:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by aircare84

Hey, welcome back Larry. I was wondering where you have been. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that they can still fit your dyno tune in on the 15th. Let us know.
Scott
Old 1/17/08, 05:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
Actually if all goes as planned I should only be around 40-50 RWHP less, and my power doesn't take time to get the fan wound up. I'm figuring a high 30 RWHP gain on the parts, based on Brent's tech news and if I up my n2o to 100 shot.

Oh, and as far as watching a movie, I've seen enough video screens in cars on "PIMP MY RIDE" and when the rice patrol comes around on Saturday night.
Yep, your power is instant. You know- that is as long as your bottle is full, the outlet is open, the line is purged, etc. etc. C'mon Ben, I was trying to pick on Old Indian Dude here, help me out a little!

LOL "PIMP MY RIDE"....
Old 1/17/08, 06:18 AM
Banned

Kings Island is in Mason Ohio. Half way between Dayton and Cinncinnati. We are about 20 miles north of Dayton up SR235. You pass us on your way down. Kings Island is a must see place to bring the youngster's!
Scott
Hi Scott,
We have been to King's Island many times. Our family has spent more time vacationing in Ohio than in Michigan. I had the image in my mind that you were closer to Cinninnati because your profile says you're from southwest Ohio, but I guess Dayton would also be considered southwest. I bet your favorite attraction in Hocking Hills is "Old man's Cave".LOL.
Robert
Old 1/17/08, 06:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

HAHAHAHA oh Robert, you're going to fit in well here.
Old 1/17/08, 06:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
morning everyone
Old 1/17/08, 06:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hi Scott,
We have been to King's Island many times. Our family has spent more time vacationing in Ohio than in Michigan. I had the image in my mind that you were closer to Cinninnati because your profile says you're from southwest Ohio, but I guess Dayton would also be considered southwest. I bet your favorite attraction in Hocking Hills is "Old man's Cave".LOL.
Robert

Oh no. And I hoped you would be different.
Old 1/17/08, 07:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh no. And I hoped you would be different.
Old 1/17/08, 07:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
morning everyone

Hey Glenn...What's the weather like out there? Suppose to be very cold and blustery this weekend. Coldest weather of the year coming.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread