Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 1/14/08, 06:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
I love watching Barrett-Jackson. I think it is televised starting on Thursday thru Sunday this coming week. Heck, I was watching some replay of 2007 yesterday. Karen and I don't watch Nascar like we did either. We kinda lost interest. I've be a big Mark Martin fan and she a Rusty Wallace fan. Now Martin is driving Chevy's no less.

Yeah Martin going to Chevy is like..... uh..... me driving a Scumaro. Just shouldn't happen LOL!
Old 1/14/08, 08:59 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=75904

Hot mama
Old 1/14/08, 09:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
Uh, yep... wowsa!
Old 1/14/08, 10:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi.
This is Robert from Lincoln Park, Mi. which is just minutes from Detroit. Home to the Tigers, Red Wings, Pistons and another so-called professional team we won't talk about. I was wondering how many of you guys regularly drive your Mustang in the winter months? I have neighbors who work at the Mazda plant in Flat Rock, Mi. where the Mustang is built. The Mustang is one of the few auto related sucess stories coming from this area recently.
Robert
Old 1/14/08, 11:55 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by shaftmasters
Hi.
This is Robert from Lincoln Park, Mi. which is just minutes from Detroit. Home to the Tigers, Red Wings, Pistons and another so-called professional team we won't talk about. I was wondering how many of you guys regularly drive your Mustang in the winter months? I have neighbors who work at the Mazda plant in Flat Rock, Mi. where the Mustang is built. The Mustang is one of the few auto related sucess stories coming from this area recently.
Robert

Howdy Bob

Nope mine is in the garage untill March or warm weather. I drive my Winter Beater 07 Ford F150 4x4. I work in a Steel mill that supplies Ford, Chevie, Dodge, and everybody elses Steel to make them.
Old 1/14/08, 12:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dly
Howdy Bob

Nope mine is in the garage untill March or warm weather. I drive my Winter Beater 07 Ford F150 4x4. I work in a Steel mill that supplies Ford, Chevie, Dodge, and everybody elses Steel to make them.
Do you work for US Steel? People that I know in the Metro Detroit area who have worked in the steel industry have been hit hard. My one neighbor that works at US Steel used to work double shifts whenever he wanted, unfortunately that is a thing of the past.
Robert
Old 1/14/08, 12:39 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Do you work for US Steel? People that I know in the Metro Detroit area who have worked in the steel industry have been hit hard. My one neighbor that works at US Steel used to work double shifts whenever he wanted, unfortunately that is a thing of the past.
Robert

Well the name of the steel mill is a long story:

I work at I/N Tek (owned orginal by Inland/Nippon Steel)
Inland was brought by Mittal Steel who is buying up all the steel mills he can. So actually we are owned by Aceital Mittal or something like that. But only 50%, Nippon still owns the other 50%. We can work all the OT we want. It is super clean Computer run Finishing Mill. I do vacation coverage for the Locomotive/ Overhead RC Crane oerations. The rest of the time I sit at a desk and cruise the "net" looking for Mustang parts or talking on the forums.
Old 1/14/08, 12:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dly
Well the name of the steel mill is a long story:

I work at I/N Tek (owned orginal by Inland/Nippon Steel)
Inland was brought by Mittal Steel who is buying up all the steel mills he can. So actually we are owned by Aceital Mittal or something like that. But only 50%, Nippon still owns the other 50%. We can work all the OT we want. It is super clean Computer run Finishing Mill. I do vacation coverage for the Locomotive/ Overhead RC Crane oerations. The rest of the time I sit at a desk and cruise the "net" looking for Mustang parts or talking on the forums.
Sounds like a great job! I was curious about the mods that you guys do on your Mustang. Do you always wait until after the warranty period? If not how does a dealer's service dept. act when they see the mods. Do they try to void the warranty because of the mods?
Robert
Old 1/14/08, 01:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hahahha, warrenty schmarrenty...... I can't speak for everyone but I knew dang well what I was getting myself into when adding mods. I can say that I had alot of mods done (BEFORE THE BLOWER) and still had warranty work performed- but I really was expecting them to deny it. My car has not been back to the dealer since the blower install and unless it's some kind of weird electronic problem, I don't plan on taking it back. I would bet that they'd deny a power window motor failure because I'm blown now.

By the way to answer your original question, I drove mine for 2 winters but now I pretty much won't drive it in the snow- it's a handful on wet surfaces. Mine is an '06 bought in late August of 05 and just turned 16k miles.
Old 1/14/08, 02:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi.
Robert
Robert, Nice to see you posting on this thread! I didn't buy my Stang for a daily driver but in saying that I have ended up driving it more than I planed including winter! I have Riken Raptor ZR's for rubber on it great for handling and good traction ...... above freezing!.. below 32 degrees things can get loooose.
Old 1/14/08, 02:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

My God ! its cold today, Its been trying to snow here but so far no accumulation...
Old 1/14/08, 02:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hi.
Robert

Hi Robert,
Well to the Midwest Forums. You will have to watch all the other guys here besides me...they are kind of weird. Anyway my Stang is a daily driver except on really sloppy days. Don't be a stranger around here!!
Scott
Old 1/14/08, 02:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

I don't drive mine in the winter either and warranty, ha what is that. I have actually been lucky mine has never needed warrenty work. (knock on wood) I do need to have my gas gauge fixed now. Since it is almost out of warranty I will probably take it in April to have it fixed. When they see the laughing gas I'm sure they will void mine.
Old 1/14/08, 02:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Look at the old Indian Dude carring tales. Now Scott be honest with us. We know the Stang is really Karen's car and you drive the the Beetle with the sunflowers.
Old 1/14/08, 02:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
Look at the old Indian Dude throwing stones.

Hey Ben,
I have been expecting a set of cams and other items being delivered this last week from Brenspeed. What's up?
Old 1/14/08, 02:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Still deciding which way I want to go. I didn't check, but i would assume they couldn't do 2 of those and 2 dynos in the same day.
Old 1/14/08, 02:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah, we're all weird but Scott is ok.... that is a classic example of "Old Indian Dude" Scott sending smoke signals-

from his a$$.
Old 1/14/08, 03:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
Still deciding which way I want to go. I didn't check, but i would assume they couldn't do 2 of those and 2 dynos in the same day.

Well Ben...the cam install is a 4 hour job and I would think they could do 2 of them in one day. Call Dave @ Brenspeed and find out. He is the shop foreman and who I made my appointment with. Give him a call!!!! And if it goes into overtime we can just stay in Pierceton, Indiana for the night!!!! But you need to get on the list!
Scott
Old 1/14/08, 04:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Yeah, we're all weird but Scott is ok.... that is a classic example of "Old Indian Dude" Scott sending smoke signals-

from his a$$.
theres that **** thing again!.......
Old 1/14/08, 04:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
theres that **** thing again!.......

Funny you would show up at such an appropriate time. I rest my case! I thought you were heading to Florida this week.
Scott

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread