Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys seen this yet?

http://www.blueovalnews.com/index.ph..._articleid=634
Old 1/22/08, 03:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by red454

Hey Chris,
I have not seen this exact article but I saw were Ford was coming out with a "Green" Explorer. This must be what it is about.
Scott
Old 1/22/08, 04:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Hey! your the wealthy Sheep rancher from SW Ohio......

Okay smart butt. Since I went to the doctor today and am feeling like I have been raped from the rear end and you are a very important person in a medical institution in the Chicago area ....I am thinking you need to buck up some of your hard earned bucks and buy the mufflers and post something constructive. If you want to take a poll I'm in. But ......... Where's Tom when I need him!!!

Scott
Old 1/22/08, 06:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Well made it home....... woke up this morning in Grand Rapids and they had gotten about 6" of snow overnight. 94 was closed this morning..... good thing my 8:30am meeting lasted until 4pm so by that time everything was pretty much cleared up.
Old 1/22/08, 06:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Well made it home....... woke up this morning in Grand Rapids and they had gotten about 6" of snow overnight. 94 was closed this morning..... good thing my 8:30am meeting lasted until 4pm so by that time everything was pretty much cleared up.

Glad you made it home safely. You didn't have to drive the stang up there did you?????
Scott
Old 1/22/08, 06:45 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Hell 6" is just a dusting around here. Suppose to get 4 to 8" more tonight than the Lake effect kicks in later in the week.

Going to the car show this weekend in Chicago. Taken the South Shore Train right to McComcormick place front door.

Hey Tom I'll check on a Saleen SC install for you.

Scott how is your leaky rear end tonight.
Old 1/22/08, 06:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Okay smart butt. Since I went to the doctor today and am feeling like I have been raped from the rear end and you are a very important person in a medical institution in the Chicago area ....I am thinking you need to buck up some of your hard earned bucks and buy the mufflers and post something constructive. If you want to take a poll I'm in. But ......... Where's Tom when I need him!!!

Scott
Why do you need Tom! does he have something to do with your rear end problem? Scott I've been doing some checking on the 2008 Bullitt threads about these axlebacks, one member claims that Ford also install a unique H pipe on the Bullitt to achieve it's sound but no actual verification as in Photo's
Old 1/22/08, 07:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Glad you made it home safely. You didn't have to drive the stang up there did you?????
Scott
Nope, no Mustang.

Originally Posted by dly
Going to the car show this weekend in Chicago. Taken the South Shore Train right to McComcormick place front door.
McCormick Place is huge...... have fun.
Old 1/22/08, 07:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Heres a Bullitt for Ya!..........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNqoVqHCNt4
Old 1/22/08, 09:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, what a mess! Even with only about 4-5" or so here, it made the side roads miserable but passable. The town I live in didn't even salt our street, just plowed it with a pickup truck. The highway department kept the highway clean though.
Old 1/22/08, 10:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Found a place on the web to get the HT0 plugs shipped for 79.00. I'll let everyone know how their service is.
Old 1/23/08, 04:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Heres a Bullitt for Ya!..........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNqoVqHCNt4

I think that was done more with cams than the mufflers. I have also been looking around for some sound clips of a Bullitt but have not had any luck yet.
Scott
Old 1/23/08, 06:31 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I think that was done more with cams than the mufflers. I have also been looking around for some sound clips of a Bullitt but have not had any luck yet.
Scott
Here Scott, Tony's working on it!!......There are videos on YouTube that have the sound (search for 2008 Bullitt). However, I am in the process of getting a video tape converted into digital format of a back-to-back comparison of the stock GT and Bullitt exhaust sounds. Hopefully that will be available soon.
Built 7/28/2006
Delivered 8/4/2006 w/11.4 miles
Old 1/23/08, 10:24 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
A Brenspeed Saleen Stage 4 SuperCharger.......$6428

A 10% OverDrive Crank Pulley..........$399.95

Seeing Tom switch from a Vortech to a Saleen SC............Priceless

Old 1/23/08, 03:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

You guys that have Prothane motor mounts are they hard to install? Anyone do them post header install?
Old 1/23/08, 03:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Today, 04:17 PM #10 Bullitt 2597 vbmenu_register("postmenu_1092853", true);
Team Mustang Source

Car: 2001 DHG Mustang Bullitt

Here is the explanation directly from the engineer.

The system is retuned (within the existing package) from front to back. Aside from the tips, there is no way to tell what has changed beyond looking at part numbers. The h-pipe is modified internally as are the mufflers (completely different design on the inside). The exhaust tips were designed to work with the rest of the exhaust changes and were critical to delivering this sound (though the basic sound comes from the h-pipe and muffler redesign). Emcon is our exhaust supplier (recently spun off from ArvinMeritor). I provided them the target sound I was looking for and we worked together to come up with the engineering changes to deliver the sound. Lots of computer modeling coupled with in vehicle fine tuning. I will take exclusive credit for the tips, though! To go along with the signature sound, I made it as loud as legally possible, too. I spent a great deal of time on this exhaust system. Sounds like most of you like it. If you compare the layout of the S197 exhaust system to that of either the SN95 or even the '68, you'll see that it is substantially different. Getting the S197 Bullitt to sound the way it does forced us to sharpen our pencils and put on our thinking caps. It was sort of like trying to make a clarinet sound like a tuba (maybe not the best analogy). Hope this info helps.

FYI - Bullitt muffler code (stamped on can) is F1-8087
GT with automatic trans is F1-7991
GT with manual trans is F1-7849
Old 1/23/08, 03:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
A Brenspeed Saleen Stage 4 SuperCharger.......$6428

A 10% OverDrive Crank Pulley..........$399.95

Seeing Tom switch from a Vortech to a Saleen SC............Priceless

Your mean!!!!!!
Old 1/23/08, 03:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
You guys that have Prothane motor mounts are they hard to install? Anyone do them post header install?

Hi Ben.
No they are not hard to install. It is easier to do when you are doing the header install for sure. Because you have to remove the engine mount brackets from the engine and jack the engine up just like when you did your headers. I did mine as part of the header install but I am still not sure I like them. I am not sure if it the Prothane mounts or a hanger rod on the H-pipe of my OBX headers that is transmitting so much noise and vibration into the car but..... I hope to find out this weekend when I fix the hanger issue. If it is not that I am thinking about going back to the stock mounts because they are pretty noisey. Tom should be able to give his imput on this subject also.
Scott
Old 1/23/08, 03:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Today, 04:17 PM #10 Bullitt 2597 vbmenu_register("postmenu_1092853", true);
Team Mustang Source

Car: 2001 DHG Mustang Bullitt

Here is the explanation directly from the engineer.

The system is retuned (within the existing package) from front to back. Aside from the tips, there is no way to tell what has changed beyond looking at part numbers. The h-pipe is modified internally as are the mufflers (completely different design on the inside). The exhaust tips were designed to work with the rest of the exhaust changes and were critical to delivering this sound (though the basic sound comes from the h-pipe and muffler redesign). Emcon is our exhaust supplier (recently spun off from ArvinMeritor). I provided them the target sound I was looking for and we worked together to come up with the engineering changes to deliver the sound. Lots of computer modeling coupled with in vehicle fine tuning. I will take exclusive credit for the tips, though! To go along with the signature sound, I made it as loud as legally possible, too. I spent a great deal of time on this exhaust system. Sounds like most of you like it. If you compare the layout of the S197 exhaust system to that of either the SN95 or even the '68, you'll see that it is substantially different. Getting the S197 Bullitt to sound the way it does forced us to sharpen our pencils and put on our thinking caps. It was sort of like trying to make a clarinet sound like a tuba (maybe not the best analogy). Hope this info helps.

FYI - Bullitt muffler code (stamped on can) is F1-8087
GT with automatic trans is F1-7991
GT with manual trans is F1-7849

Good info Scottie!! But.........

Or vids!

Scott
Old 1/23/08, 03:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Eleanor Dreaming
No.... yes..... On a 12 scale I'd give it a 6 beer difficulty.

Here is the explanation directly from the engineer. BLAH, BLAH BLAH, BLAH BLAH...... and more BLAH.

Your mean!!!!!!
I wasn't even going to dignify dly's comments...... I may just keep what I have because it looks better and makes more power anyway.

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread