Midwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/07, 05:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Stoenr
1-3 here. I will be out in it tonight. Cant pass up 2.00 you call its and 25 cent wings at the bar for the bears game. Yes, the bears do suck!

Shoot, for $2 you call its, I may meet you up there...... I was just in your neck of the woods on Monday, its only about a 3 1/2 hour drive.
Old 12/6/07, 06:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kansas City around the airport where I live seen maybe 4" at the most, besides the wind blowing.
Old 12/6/07, 06:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 783 Likes on 572 Posts
hows it going
Old 12/6/07, 06:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
hows it going
Glenn,
Snowing out there yet??
Old 12/6/07, 10:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Shoot, for $2 you call its, I may meet you up there...... I was just in your neck of the woods on Monday, its only about a 3 1/2 hour drive.
Haha, anytime man, Im up for going out for a few. I'm off tomorrow, so is the gf. She went lame on me tonight, so home early . All good, her Focus has remote start, warm bar to warm car.

Let me know when your out this way next time, plenty of room here to crash out.
Old 12/7/07, 06:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got snow in my yard !! and my knee still hurts!!!
Old 12/7/07, 07:56 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Darrell,
Since you have Earl's SS brake lines I have a question for you. I need to get a set of hydraulic line wrenches to put them on my car after Xmas. I don't want to open the package since it is a Xmas present so I need to know are the fittings metric or English? I assume Metric but can't be sure.

What??? Man I'm guess I used some normal metic wrenchs and a BMFH tool. They worked and stayed on.

Cold and snowy here, got buzy at work last night and spent about 6 1/2 hours out in the cold, cleaning up the rail cars out in the yard.

Good luck with your installs this week end and made sure you give Tom the shaft (if he shows up) .

Old 12/7/07, 08:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Tom ain't showing up....... Tom somehow completely forgot that he is supposed to pickup his daughter's new bed tomorrow morning, as this is her big birthday gift that didn't arrive in time for her party last weekend. Tom was reminded by his daughter at dinner last night, and Tom calmly acted like he had never forgotten as to save Tom from getting his butt handed to him by daughter and mother.

Wish I could be there to get the shaft, but sorry it ain't happening.
Old 12/7/07, 02:40 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Nothing more needs to be added

Old 12/7/07, 04:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Tom...you may be in luck. The way the weather forecast is with freezing rain tonight and tomorrow we may put off the mondo Mod day until Sunday. It's up to Larry since he is the one that has to do 1 hr. of ice skating to get here. It's not worth anyone having an accident!!
Scott

Larry give me a call...we can do it Sunday if that works on your end!! And if the weather sucks Sunday I am open both days next weekend. After that I am afraid it's a next year project!
Scott
Old 12/8/07, 09:53 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Good Morning everybody. Nice sunny day (but cold) here, going to turn to Sh*t by tonight.

Some tidbets I came across reading thought the net.

That BuTTT ugly Boy Racer Mustang will be on the auction block at Barret-Jackson again.

The Mustang Club of America will hold a National show in Dublin, Ohio June 20-22 (next to you Scott).

Tom didn't get the Shaft this weekend
Old 12/8/07, 04:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well guys,
As it turns out it did not freeze on the roads this morning as forecast so Larry made it down and we got his OBX Longtubes on today. He will tell you more. Tomorrow I will be doing the Spydieshaft install. So if Tom wants to get the shaft he had better hurry.

Dublin is close to me but it's in Larry's backyard. Will have to mark the calendar!!

Darrell,
P.S. I am really liking that post you made about Brenspeeds new cams that don't need to have the springs and retainers replaced. The cams need to go back on my short list!!!!!!
Old 12/8/07, 05:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks to Scott, we did get the L/T's on my car today.
I posted a brief review & links to the vids on the GT form.

Only took us 2 old timers 6 hrs or so for the install,& thats was eating lunch as well. I'm stiff tonight though.

dly,
I work in Dublin,will have to look into that show. Hopefully this winter will go by quickly & it'll be June soon
Old 12/8/07, 06:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Wow guys that's awesome! Can't wait to hear more about the headers! Thoughts, impressions, etc. etc. etc.

By the way, yes Tom did get the shaft today- went to Fort Wayne and picked up daughter's bed.... stopped by the mall to get father-in-law's gift..... then ended up going by the Dodge dealership, and traded in our '02 Denali for an '07 Chrysler Aspen.

Nav, DVD, Hemi, black on chrome 20's, all options..... was a demo unit, got it at about $15k below sticker and full retail value (not wholesale) trade-in on the Denali. We've had good luck with Chryslers in the past, hopefully we will this time 'round too. Gotta say, this vehicle is badass.
Old 12/8/07, 09:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I just saw the cams on Brent's site. If the blower falls through I will definatly be in line for set of those cams.

Do I hear Cam Stock 08'.
Old 12/9/07, 01:50 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Wow guys that's awesome! Can't wait to hear more about the headers! Thoughts, impressions, etc. etc. etc.

By the way, yes Tom did get the shaft today- went to Fort Wayne and picked up daughter's bed.... stopped by the mall to get father-in-law's gift..... then ended up going by the Dodge dealership, and traded in our '02 Denali for an '07 Chrysler Aspen.

Nav, DVD, Hemi, black on chrome 20's, all options..... was a demo unit, got it at about $15k below sticker and full retail value (not wholesale) trade-in on the Denali. We've had good luck with Chryslers in the past, hopefully we will this time 'round too. Gotta say, this vehicle is badass.
Jesus a freaking Chrysler ..... on well keep buying those new cars and I'll keep making money here at the Steel Mill Also................
Old 12/9/07, 04:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Congrats on the new car KIM. Sounds like you finally got some of that hard earned car money spent on you. Do you let Tom go out and sit in it and make vroom vroom noises?
Scott
Old 12/9/07, 05:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
Jesus a freaking Chrysler ..... on well keep buying those new cars and I'll keep making money here at the Steel Mill Also................

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Congrats on the new car KIM. Sounds like you finally got some of that hard earned car money spent on you. Do you let Tom go out and sit in it and make vroom vroom noises?
Scott
I'll tell her Scott.....I'd let her reply here on her own, but I feel that introducing wifes into our secret sacred Mustang sanctuary may be the downfall of us all.
Old 12/9/07, 03:05 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Tom go over and help the old man with his Pinion nut, He doesn't have enough oommmmpppphhhh to get it off.

Man fire up the air compresser and let it rip

Hope you get it as it's getting dark out.
Old 12/9/07, 03:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by dly
Hey Tom go over and help the old man with his Pinion nut, He doesn't have enough oommmmpppphhhh to get it off.

Man fire up the air compresser and let it rip

Hope you get it as it's getting dark out.

Darrell,
My compressor is a wuss. It's okay for pumping up tractor tires but that about it. It has 90 PSI but for only about 2 seconds. I think I see another Xmas present coming my way.
Scott

Quick Reply: Midwest TMS'ers General Communication Thread