Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/07, 02:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow! I think the Fort Worth crew has disappeared! Abducted by aliens?
Old 1/8/07, 07:42 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Just me and you now, I suppose. I see Blake post at DFWStangs, though.

I'm still living my relaxed life in Sherman. We had a good Christmas. Stayed up here for the holiday. Still trying to get moved in. We're slowing hanging stuff up/decorating. Sure was nice only sending ONE mortgage check for January!

Congrats on posting the 1,000 reply for this thread! Woot!
Old 1/9/07, 01:59 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm still here!

I've been laid off these last couple of months, but I just heard today that I'm going to be recalled in a couple of weeks! Yeah!
Old 1/10/07, 06:42 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Yeegad! He lives!

Sorry about the layoff, but glad you're about to be rehired! JSF program just can't live with out you, eh?
Old 1/11/07, 02:13 PM

Yeah, they ran out of money, not work, but I think they found some more budget somewhere.

Anyways, I don't have to move across the country, at least for now!

Originally Posted by GhostTX
Yeegad! He lives!

Sorry about the layoff, but glad you're about to be rehired! JSF program just can't live with out you, eh?
Old 1/13/07, 01:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Falchion? I have heard that name somewhere! Glad to see you are still around man. Glad you are getting back to work too.

Ghost- you lose your license yet? Haha! I wish I could get rid of a mortgage payment too!
Old 1/14/07, 09:27 AM

Hi Tread! I bet you're busy with all the cold weather and ice around yesterday and today huh?

I'm glad I don't have to be in it!

Originally Posted by Treadhead
Falchion? I have heard that name somewhere! Glad to see you are still around man. Glad you are getting back to work too.

Ghost- you lose your license yet? Haha! I wish I could get rid of a mortgage payment too!
Old 1/17/07, 08:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Man, don't you know it! Biggest bunch of no driving knuckleheads around this town! I spent Monday morning standing on an ice covered I-35 trying not to bust my butt while laying down a flare line. Still don't know how I didn't fall and give the rubberneckers a laugh.
My car seemed to do better on the ice Monday morning than in the snow this morning. Anyone else driving their stang in it?
Old 1/19/07, 01:09 PM

I didn't. I'm glad I didn't have to!

One of the few advantages of being unemployed, is that you don't have to go anywhere!

Man, don't you know it! Biggest bunch of no driving knuckleheads around this town! I spent Monday morning standing on an ice covered I-35 trying not to bust my butt while laying down a flare line. Still don't know how I didn't fall and give the rubberneckers a laugh.
My car seemed to do better on the ice Monday morning than in the snow this morning. Anyone else driving their stang in it?
Old 1/19/07, 10:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

HAha! I guess that is one advantage.
Old 1/22/07, 09:29 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I flew out Sunday (Jan 14th) for business...so I missed all the ice/snow. Came back Friday (Jan 19th) and was expecting snow/ice from the USA Today forecast and just had the wet, cold rain. Oh...after being in the garage for 6 days without being run, I had to jump the Mustang Saturday morning. Starter clicked, radio ran, but the engine wouldn't turn over.

One good thing, all my preset radio stations were still in memory! Just lost the time. That's easier to reprogram than all the stations!

Nobody in DFW can drive worth a flip on snow/ice...heck...even a thunderstorm they drive stupidly. I always make it a point not to drive on snow/ice days...not 'cause I don't think I can do it...but because I'm worried about the other morons.
Old 1/26/07, 12:49 PM

What's wrong with your car? Just a dead battery?

I flew out Sunday (Jan 14th) for business...so I missed all the ice/snow. Came back Friday (Jan 19th) and was expecting snow/ice from the USA Today forecast and just had the wet, cold rain. Oh...after being in the garage for 6 days without being run, I had to jump the Mustang Saturday morning. Starter clicked, radio ran, but the engine wouldn't turn over.

One good thing, all my preset radio stations were still in memory! Just lost the time. That's easier to reprogram than all the stations!

Nobody in DFW can drive worth a flip on snow/ice...heck...even a thunderstorm they drive stupidly. I always make it a point not to drive on snow/ice days...not 'cause I don't think I can do it...but because I'm worried about the other morons.
Old 1/26/07, 12:52 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ya...it died over the week of inactivity. I've read that before from other Mustangers on this site. The electronics bleed the battery when you have it shut off. A week of not doing anything seems a bit short, but I don't have long commutes to really charge it up fully everyday. 5 minute commute to work now.

That's my best guess as to why the battery got so low.
Old 1/26/07, 11:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

See now if you still lived down here your battery would be all charged up on your commute! Bet you didn't think about that when you moved.
Old 1/27/07, 11:28 AM

I haven't been driving that much lately, and my battery doesn't seem to bleed down. You might want to have the Dealer check that out. Maybe they can at least give you a new battery?

See now if you still lived down here your battery would be all charged up on your commute! Bet you didn't think about that when you moved.
Old 1/29/07, 01:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Curse this move!!! Foundation troubles! Plumbing troubles! And this short commute my battery dies! Oh, the humanity!!!

Car seems fine at the moment. Has cranked everyday since that one day.
Old 1/30/07, 06:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

T'was a funny one! Let us know when you're moving back.
Old 1/31/07, 10:40 AM

Well, glad to hear that your car is fine!

Curse this move!!! Foundation troubles! Plumbing troubles! And this short commute my battery dies! Oh, the humanity!!!

Car seems fine at the moment. Has cranked everyday since that one day.
Old 2/1/07, 06:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

This house is out to get me... now the fridgerator died. Lovely...and my daughter's birthday party is this Saturday.

Needless to say, the ice cream we bought for it is skunked. Sears warranty says they'll be out Monday.

Any positions open for a solid Pro/E user there at Lockheed, Falchion? *sigh*
Old 2/2/07, 10:22 AM

I think they use Catia at Lockheed, but they might be hiring, I'm not sure.

Tread, more snow again huh? Looks like lots of overtime for you huh?

This house is out to get me... now the fridgerator died. Lovely...and my daughter's birthday party is this Saturday.

Needless to say, the ice cream we bought for it is skunked. Sears warranty says they'll be out Monday.

Any positions open for a solid Pro/E user there at Lockheed, Falchion? *sigh*

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew