Search this Thread

Old 9/29/06, 06:50 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are correct those guys do charge a ton but they work
Old 9/30/06, 03:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Weird thing happened yesterday. I took the kids to Spring Creek for some BBQ. It was great as usual (I think I could eat ribs everyday). As we were leaving, this older guy ( early 70's maybe ) asked me if I had my car painted or if it was the original paint . I think he thought it was an old stang with new paint. He and his wife told me it was beautiful after I told them it was the original paint. I was kind of dumbfounded at first and when I realized that they didn't know it was a new stang it was too late to tell them since they walked off after I thanked them. I guess kudos are in order for Ford.
Old 9/30/06, 01:47 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's a good story tread!

I'm glad you guys liked the picture!

Sorry to hear about you having a hard time selling your house Ghost. I think I would have a hard time selling mine if I had to relocate. That's one of the reasons that I would like to stay around here so that I could keep my house.

Originally Posted by Treadhead
Weird thing happened yesterday. I took the kids to Spring Creek for some BBQ. It was great as usual (I think I could eat ribs everyday). As we were leaving, this older guy ( early 70's maybe ) asked me if I had my car painted or if it was the original paint . I think he thought it was an old stang with new paint. He and his wife told me it was beautiful after I told them it was the original paint. I was kind of dumbfounded at first and when I realized that they didn't know it was a new stang it was too late to tell them since they walked off after I thanked them. I guess kudos are in order for Ford.
Old 10/1/06, 05:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ugh, the felt on my drivers side window is finally letting go! I noticed a nice sticky glue streak on the window yesterday. I guess I'm going to have to buy something stronger. I was really surprised it lasted this long considering the heat we had this summer but, it's strange that it let go when it's actually cooling off now.
Old 10/2/06, 06:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I love Spring Creek! One of the better BBQ joints around if you ask me. One of the many food places I'm missing up here in Sherman. Sweet story. I always like it in general when people compliment the car. That's nice that the retro design was so easily recognizable that the couple flashed back to the original!

That is wierd that it's (the felt) going when its cooler. I have yet to redo mine with the felt I bought online. Need to do that. The passenger side is still fine. Probably should just redo both. If you take yours off to redo Tread, may I suggest a good rub-down with Goo-Gone before you re-adhere it. Need to get that old residue off...then use alcohol to get the Goo-Gone off.

I spent this weekend tiling the bathrooms. First time ever for me to tile. Tiling = easy, Grouting = teh suckage.
Old 10/2/06, 04:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks for the tip on Goo Gone. I ordered that moleskin stuff from the tint thread yesterday. Is that the same stuff you ordered? You can have the tile job all to yourself. I've had to replace a section of vinyl tile before and that was bad enough. Luckily my brother has experience with ceramic tile so he will get to do it if I ever need it.
Old 10/3/06, 06:53 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ya...I ordered the same stuff. It'll be 1.25" wide and like 4,000' long. More than enough to do both windows. In fact, they suggest cutting the piece in 1/2 lengthwise 'cause its so wide.
Old 10/3/06, 03:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

4,000' huh? Man, I'm gonna put that stuff everywhere!
Old 10/7/06, 03:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Car Show and Free Drag Racing

Here some info from another Mustang site for a Car Show and FREE runs at the Drag Strip. It's sponsored by North Texas Nissan.

North Texas Nissan Car Show and FREE Drag Racing
NTN - DFWStangs Car Show & FREE Drag Racing - OCT. 22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUNDAY -- OCTOBER 22, 2006

10:00 - 2:00 -- Car Show at North Texas Nissan
2:30 - 7:30 -- FREE Drag Racing at Denton Dragway

North Texas Nissan and DFWStangs are proud to present the Second Annual NTN/DFWStangs Car Show and FREE Drag Racing on Sunday, October 22, 2006.

It's time again for NTN's big "thank you" to DFWStangs members. Accordingly, the dealership will host one of North Texas' largest car shows. Attendance and registration is entirely FREE. Every known car club in the north Texas area will receive an invitation. Last year's attendance was enormous. This year's will be even larger.

Immediately following the show, there will be the Mother of all caravans from the dealership to Denton Dragway. The dragway is located approximately 12 minutes north of the dealership on I-35E. The dealership has rented the track for the exclusive use by those who attend the car show. Vouchers for free admission into the dragstrip will be handed out at the car show. Even if you don't actually have a car in the show, you'll get a voucher so long as you attend the show.

Parking at the show was tight last year. We simply had so many cars show up that we ran out of space! This year, we'll be clearing almost the entire lot (apx. 10 acres). Even so, I encourage everyone to show up as early as possible (even as early as 9:00 or 9:30) to ensure you get a space. Parking will also be provided for those who are trailering their cars.

North Texas Nissan is easy to find. We're located at 5650 South Stemmons Freeway (I-35E), Corinth, Texas. Here's a link to our website: North Texas Nissan

Denton Dragway's website is: Denton Dragway

Here are a couple links to a few pictures from last year.

NTN Car Show Pictures - Group 1

NTN Car Show Pictures - Group 2

Finally, here are some comments/feedback about the 2005 NTN Show.

DFWStangs Comments re: 2005 NTN Car Show

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Rob Celedonia

email: cele3@aol.com
phone 817-267-6411

Link to thread if you wanna keep up to date on the info.http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=301051
Old 10/9/06, 06:46 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Kewl! Thanks for the heads up!

Been a busy weekend for me. Tiling is done though. Now...we're getting the carpet replaced in the Sherman house to hopefully get rid of the smoking smell. Ugh!
Old 10/11/06, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone going to the Unique Performance Fest this Saturday? Chip Foose, AJ, Carroll Shelby, Kid Rock are all supposed to be there according to their site. Best part it's free to the public. PM me if you're planning on going.
Old 10/12/06, 10:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well, I had some fun at work last night! I got to wrestle a 300lb naked lady. She smoked too much crack and freaked out . She kept yelling something was trying to get her and kept trying to push us out of the way so she could run outside butt naked. We finally got here subdued and handcuffed so Medstar could load her up and take her to JPS Hospital.
Old 10/13/06, 07:02 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

OMG!!! Did she actually fit in the ambulance??? Daaamn...your "fun" at work beat my fun at work any day.

Sherman PD allows for ride-alongs, so I gotta set that up and see what the local populace does for "fun".

My fun yesterday was watching the flooring get installed. Wife had to go to Fort Worth so I took the day off. Wasn't unproductive though...re-installed a toilet and put in some quarter rounding...as well as watching them work.
Old 10/13/06, 08:19 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2006GT500
Anyone going to the Unique Performance Fest this Saturday? Chip Foose, AJ, Carroll Shelby, Kid Rock are all supposed to be there according to their site. Best part it's free to the public. PM me if you're planning on going.
I'm entering the car show. So I will be there. Car is all detailed and sealed in the garage until Saturday morning!

See you there,
-danny
Old 10/15/06, 03:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GhostTX
OMG!!! Did she actually fit in the ambulance??? Daaamn...your "fun" at work beat my fun at work any day.

Sherman PD allows for ride-alongs, so I gotta set that up and see what the local populace does for "fun".

My fun yesterday was watching the flooring get installed. Wife had to go to Fort Worth so I took the day off. Wasn't unproductive though...re-installed a toilet and put in some quarter rounding...as well as watching them work.
Yeah, they managed to stuff her in there after they had to use a TARP to pick her up. It took about 5 or 6 guys to lift her.

I was rolling down I-35 Tues night and saw a set of headlights coming up behind me at high speed. I was wondering how long it would be before they thought "Hey that looks like a Police car." They got to about 5-6 car lengths behind me (1 lane over) when the lights suddenly pointed straight down when they hit the brakes . I had to pull them over since I know they were doin about 110-120mph. They passed me still doing about 80mph. Anyway, I made him sweat about it for about 5 mins. Then I also told him he had a traffic warrant at which time he about fainted. I told him to take care of it and slow down. He was showing off for a girl in the car.
Old 10/15/06, 03:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Danny, how did it go at the car show? Did y'all get rained on? It was rainy/drizzly over here most of the day.
Old 10/15/06, 01:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Treadhead
Hey Danny, how did it go at the car show? Did y'all get rained on? It was rainy/drizzly over here most of the day.
No rain for me, a lot of people got rained on on the way in though. Never seen so many microfiber towels in action. I went ahead and payed to be in the Foose corral, and got my radiator cover autographed by him, as well as some other things. He's a nice guy and spent a lot of time talking with people and autographing everything. I'll post pics later.

My car didn't get any awards, but got a lot of looks and spoke with a lot of people about things I've done to it. Was a great time.

I'll be at the Dallas Mustang's car show next Saturday morning as part of the Black Mustang Club's corral there. If anyone has their Saturday free and wants to enter a show, come on out and be part of this huge show.

-danny
Old 10/15/06, 02:17 PM
Bullitt Member

hi, I'm new to TMS..been hanging around 2005stang for the past couple months. btw, I live in San Antonio ..I was wondering if any of you who went to the Unique performance fest saw a 2007 Grabber Orange with the Eleanor body, black stripes and 20 inch foose wheels..either entered or maybe as a Vendor's display .
Old 10/15/06, 04:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

That's pretty cool that you got Chip Foose to sign your car Danny! You've a great job with it. That bad thing about working nights is it's almost impossible to get up early for shows.

dslimbizkit-- I wasn't at the show but, welcome to TMS.
Old 10/16/06, 06:48 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Any pics from the Foose event, Pegasus?

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew