Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 10/16/06, 08:46 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.pbase.com/crabappl3/image/68629684

Just click the Next link in the upper right to see all the show pics. I didn't take too many pics of cars, as there were A LOT of cars!

Great show, will do it again next year.

-danny
Old 10/16/06, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exhaust help

Hey guys. Just got my 07 GT Saturday and I am considering an aftermarket exhaust. I have listened to tons of clips on the computer, but there's no way I'm going to rely on that.
Are there any weekly meets or clubs in Fort Worth or close by, where some of the members have different exhausts? And would it be OK just to show up and have a listen?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 10/16/06, 07:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.bmcforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122

Check out this thread. Black Mustang Club .com is holding their Nationals here in the Dallas area this weekend. You don't have to have a black mustang to enjoy the fun, and I can assure you, there will be plenty of different exhaust configurations to hear with 50+ mustangs hanging out together.

-danny
Old 10/18/06, 05:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, did someone put some "stupid" powder in the water supply? I pulled over what I thought was a drunk the other night. He didn't make a turn properly and stopped just before he hit the curb. Then backed up and tried again and still couldn't make it. I was sitting on the other side of the intersection watching and figured I better go see what his problem is and hit the lights. I walk up to the car to see that the knucklehead is driving with a steering wheel lock still on the steering wheel! He was completely sober but, borrowed Mommys' car without telling her and didn't want to the chance of waking her up to get the key for the lock from her room. I made him call his Mom (he will be 25 yr old in a week) and she came out to take the car. She also brought Grandma with her and they both yelled at him and then made him walk home about 5 miles. I was LMAO and wrote him some extra tickets for lying to me. He said his Mom knew he had the car which was a lie.
Old 10/19/06, 09:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

LMAO!

Was your video camera running? I'd love to see that vid!!
Old 10/20/06, 05:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Nah, I was in one of our wonderful old cars with 90,000 miles and no camera.
Old 10/24/06, 05:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Exclamation

I guess it pays to drive an old patrol car some days! I arrested some girl on a retalition warrant the other night and as usual she suddenly has to go #1 real bad. Is there something about the back seat of a patrol car that makes people have to pee? Anyway, she wanted us to let her go on the side of the road! Not happening lady. Told her she could get out any and go in her pants or hold until we get to jail. She said she'll try to hold it. I guess the excitement was too much for her since as soon as I pulled in the jail and parked she let go in my back seat before I could get her out. I'm just glad I'm not the one who has to clean it.
Old 10/25/06, 09:48 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Maybe they should just have port-a-potties in the back of the squad cars?

My latest fun with the house...pulled up the carpet in the main living area...big ol' crack. Yes. I have foundation issues on that side of the house.

Ever see "The Money Pit"?

I did a good washing and waxing on my car this past weekend. Got all my tools and supplies ready to go so I could replace the felt that's gone bad...gaw...no alcohol to clean up the residue! Now it'll probably be another 2-3 weeks before I get to the windows again.

And, of course, today its raining.
Old 10/26/06, 01:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Well now that bites about the foundation.
I bought some Goo Gone to help with the adhesive but, I haven't worked up the courage to do it yet!
Old 10/30/06, 06:55 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Treadhead
Well now that bites about the foundation.
I bought some Goo Gone to help with the adhesive but, I haven't worked up the courage to do it yet!
Well...I've ordered a new cabin air filter. Wondering if I should do the fuel filter on my own or have them do it the next oil change.

Hmm...might have to make a day of it...felt, air filter..possible fuel filter.

Thread: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=55429
Old 11/2/06, 06:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I got an offer on the Fort Worth house!!!!

I had to drop my price from $135 to $130...but I have a signed contract! The only downside is they want to close in December, so I still have another month of mortgages and bills.

Oh...and we're also expecting our second child. Due in April.
Old 11/3/06, 03:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Congrats on the house and the baby! Did you make it a boy this time?

Here are a few pics of my new baby and it's traffic friend.
Attached Thumbnails Fort Worth crew-my-2-cars.jpg   Fort Worth crew-new-traffic-charger.jpg   Fort Worth crew-new-traffic-charger-2.jpg  
Old 11/3/06, 10:12 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Is the Charger your new ride??? Oh...I gotta do a ride-a-long with ya now!

...(dunno if I made a boy yet)
Old 11/3/06, 10:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

The Crown Vic pictured with my Mustang is my beat car. The Charger belongs to the Traffic weinies and they have to take a special driving course to drive it! Makes no sense to me. I hope to one day find a spare key for one and borrow it for a little while.
Old 11/6/06, 06:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Special driving course? What engine is in it?

Oh...and I got killed. Was driving back from Bedford Saturday night after taking the kiddo to one of her friend's birthday partys. Was up past Mckinney on 75 doing my own clip. Passed a nice mid-90's Mustang GT. He had deep dish rims on the rear and I could see some A-pillar gauges. He come creeping up on me...then holds with me...then drifts back. I'm like sure, wth. So I drift back..we match speeds (hindsight I shoulda checked what speed we were at). He honks 3 times and then we're off. He just pulls away. We do that 2 more times..I'm left behind each time.

I'd feel better if he had some mods...I'm guessing he did since it was a clean car, the rims and the A-pillars. Usually people with Mustangs that do that do other things to increase performance.

Hopefully anyway. I dunno what speed we were at, but I had it in 3rd. I played a little when I got closer to home. I noticed 2nd is good at 55-60mph so if we were that slow, I coulda gone to that for a better launch. Oh well...live and learn.
Old 11/8/06, 11:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah, thay have to go to a special driving class before they can drive them. They had to do it for the Camaro too. I'm not sure what engine is in the Charger. Probably whatever the smallest Hemi is.

Bummer about getting beat by the other Mustang. I wouldn't have a clue what gear to be in either since I've never tested it out.
Old 11/8/06, 11:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

I almost dirtied my underwear the other night at work when the storms came through! I was in my patrol car in a parking lot when all of a sudden the sky exploded. Lightning hit somewhere so close that I almost heard the thunder before I actually saw the lightning bolt. I would need a bunch of these or the words that came out of my mouth after that! Then I got the pleasure of chasing a stupid burglar in the pouring rain with lightning everywhere a little while later. Nothing like running around in the lightning with a nice METAL flashlight in your hand. We caught him though, so that was good.
Old 11/9/06, 10:51 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I hope you slapped him silly for making you run in the rain with a lightning rod.

crooks!
Old 11/11/06, 01:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Nah, he didn't provide the opportunity. It was worth it when we found out that he was about to make his debut at the big boy jail. He's been to juvenile det. but never to county jail. We let him know what was gonna happen and that his rear would be sore!
Old 11/13/06, 03:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Well, here is the timeslip from my very first pass down the 1/8th mi strip. It's from the DFWStangs Fall Cruise at Kennedale. 9.523 at 76.25 mph, I know it's slow but, I just wanted to get down the strip without messing up and looking like an idiot. Luckily for me there were slower cars that had been modded.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew