Southwest Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Fort Worth crew

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/06, 11:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Everything is "mostly" ok. Underneath, the front bumper/cowl is connected to this plastic barrier that sits right underneath the radiator. Well, I snagged the far left side of the cowl and when I backed up, it pulled against the barrier, and tore loose the connection between cowl and barrier (thin plastic). There a clip that the screw goes into and I removed screw and bracket, reafixed bracket then put screw back and tightened it for all it was worth. The clip could back potentially back out, but I doubt since the barrier doesn't allow for a lot of movement and the screw is really tight in there. There's a slight deformed bulge from the point of contact to the center point of the cowl as the plastic deformed as it was bending. That's the most annoying part. All the damage probably isn't that noticeable if you're not looking for it.

I, too, have the white streaks underneath, but I took the touch up paint to it. Probably will be invisible until you get close with that.

Stupid bulge...

I got my paint from www.paintscratch.com. They ask for your color and VIN to match the car. Mine was pretty much spot on.
Old 2/14/06, 10:41 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I'm glad to hear that it isn't too major. I don't suppose it's something that you just buy the parts for and change out yourself? The only thing is that car parts from the Factory can be real expensive...... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GhostTX @ February 14, 2006, 12:32 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Everything is "mostly" ok. Underneath, the front bumper/cowl is connected to this plastic barrier that sits right underneath the radiator. Well, I snagged the far left side of the cowl and when I backed up, it pulled against the barrier, and tore loose the connection between cowl and barrier (thin plastic). There a clip that the screw goes into and I removed screw and bracket, reafixed bracket then put screw back and tightened it for all it was worth. The clip could back potentially back out, but I doubt since the barrier doesn't allow for a lot of movement and the screw is really tight in there. There's a slight deformed bulge from the point of contact to the center point of the cowl as the plastic deformed as it was bending. That's the most annoying part. All the damage probably isn't that noticeable if you're not looking for it.

I, too, have the white streaks underneath, but I took the touch up paint to it. Probably will be invisible until you get close with that.

Stupid bulge...

I got my paint from www.paintscratch.com. They ask for your color and VIN to match the car. Mine was pretty much spot on.
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/14/06, 01:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ya...the barrier thing looks easy enough to swap out. I'm sure it ain't cheap...and its definately not something I could get at Pep Boys.

The bumper...well...not worth the cost to replace just yet.
Old 2/15/06, 10:26 AM

Cheaper and easier then filing a clain on your insurance though..... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GhostTX @ February 14, 2006, 2:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ya...the barrier thing looks easy enough to swap out. I'm sure it ain't cheap...and its definately not something I could get at Pep Boys.

The bumper...well...not worth the cost to replace just yet.
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/15/06, 06:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

That's funny Falchion! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rofl2.gif[/img] The way insurance companies are these days, I'd almost rather drive a wrecked car.

Ghost, thanks for the paint site. I will check it out.
Old 2/17/06, 01:03 PM

Speaking of insurance, I got mine to lower my rate back to what it was in July. In December Alstate sent me a notice that they had raised it a wooping 39% since they had run everybodies credit again and there was a charge off for a credit card that I never had! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

I had to call the Company involved and get that straightened out. What a pain, but it was worth it! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

My rates dropped down to $422 every six months from $576. Quite a savings! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadhead @ February 15, 2006, 7:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That's funny Falchion! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rofl2.gif[/img] The way insurance companies are these days, I'd almost rather drive a wrecked car.

Ghost, thanks for the paint site. I will check it out.
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/21/06, 03:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Did any of y'all order the mirror inserts from Midwest Auto Gear? I got mine in today. They look pretty good so if it would just warm up a little so I can put them on it would be nice. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/22/06, 10:27 AM

What are those Thread? Dod you have a pic of them? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadhead @ February 21, 2006, 4:11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Did any of y'all order the mirror inserts from Midwest Auto Gear? I got mine in today. They look pretty good so if it would just warm up a little so I can put them on it would be nice. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/22/06, 10:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

They are colored caps for the mirrors. Here is a link to a picture thread for them. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=45242

I also finally ordered some wheels and tires today. The rims are 18" Motegi's and the tires will be BFG's 255/45's. They should be here in a few days.
Old 2/23/06, 10:33 AM

Those mirror thingies are pretty cool! Might be another future upgrade? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Congrats on ordering the new wheels/tires. I have BFG KDWS's tires in 17 inch on mine and really like them. They're the same tire that comes with it if you order the 18 inch fan blade wheels. At least that's what was on the newer Mustangs at the Dealership....... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadhead @ February 22, 2006, 11:42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
They are colored caps for the mirrors. Here is a link to a picture thread for them. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=45242

I also finally ordered some wheels and tires today. The rims are 18" Motegi's and the tires will be BFG's 255/45's. They should be here in a few days.
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/23/06, 07:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks! The tires are actually just KDW-NT which is a summer tire. I kinda got lucky with the wheels since they are being discontinued. There was only one set left and they were in Phoenix so they to have them sent here(2-3 days). I can't wait to get them on. I've seen them on a LL car at the dealership and they looked good so hopefully it'll work on mine.

You should definitely consider the mirror inserts. It should warm up in a few days so maybe I'll get them on soon.
Old 2/24/06, 10:41 AM

Cool! Give us a pic when you get the wheels/tires and inserts on! Should be pretty cool! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadhead @ February 23, 2006, 8:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks! The tires are actually just KDW-NT which is a summer tire. I kinda got lucky with the wheels since they are being discontinued. There was only one set left and they were in Phoenix so they to have them sent here(2-3 days). I can't wait to get them on. I've seen them on a LL car at the dealership and they looked good so hopefully it'll work on mine.

You should definitely consider the mirror inserts. It should warm up in a few days so maybe I'll get them on soon.
[/b][/quote]
Old 2/24/06, 02:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Will do! There will be a delay on the mirror inserts though. I have to send one of them back to be replaced. One of the edges is pretty rough and cannot be fixed without sanding and re-painting it but, Midwest Auto Gear has been preety good so far about replacing the couple bad ones I've read about. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
Old 2/27/06, 08:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Shoot...can't wait to see your car again with the inserts and rims/tires. Should be sharp! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/28/06, 08:05 AM

There's an Auto Show this weekend at the Fort Worth Convention Center, are you guys going to go? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

I gotta work Saturday, so I don't think I can go myself. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Old 2/28/06, 11:01 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

No. I usually save my car showing for going to the Dallas Auto Show. This year's is the first week of April.
Old 2/28/06, 04:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

I might be going to the show Thursday. The new mirror inserts aren't here yet but, my new wheels and tires are on! Here's the pics. They look better than I thought they would! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 10:35 AM

Looking good Tread! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

You'll enjoy those I'm sure! How do you like the BFG tires? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

Any burn outs yet? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treadhead @ February 28, 2006, 5:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I might be going to the show Thursday. The new mirror inserts aren't here yet but, my new wheels and tires are on! Here's the pics. They look better than I thought they would! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Old 3/1/06, 02:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks Falchion! $170 a tire = no burnouts and they seem to be pretty nice so far other than being a little noisy. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 03:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Nice.

Noisy because the tread pattern? Or noisy 'cause a stiffer tire? (18" vs 17").

Quick Reply: Fort Worth crew