2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/06, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, when I pulled my car out in the sunlight (make that overcast-light) today, it is definitely a deeper, darker red. I think it looks much better. And the polish job is absolutely gorgeous. As Bill said about 30 pages ago - "the Zaino makes the Torch Red pop!"
Old 3/6/06, 09:44 AM
GTR Member

When I saw the finish on a 2004 White Mach 1 at the dealer, it looked 2 inches deep. Now, since it's "Performance White", I can't wait to see it Zaino'd!

Need to take more pics now, Susan! Bet it looks great!
Old 3/6/06, 09:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 6, 2006, 8:40 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
My steering wheel needs alignment. It's a little off [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

I miss my compass and thermometer. Have y'all seen aftermarket add-ons? I think I saw a self-dimming rear-view that had one or both of these.
[/b][/quote]
Re: steering wheel
Are you sure you're not on either side of the crown of the road? Sometimes the road looks flat, but its slightly banked. If it is off-center, it should be real easy to correct.

Miss your compass and thermometer? click here!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 6, 2006, 8:41 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Oh, when I pulled my car out in the sunlight (make that overcast-light) today, it is definitely a deeper, darker red. I think it looks much better. And the polish job is absolutely gorgeous. As Bill said about 30 pages ago - "the Zaino makes the Torch Red pop!"
[/b][/quote]
Told you so. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/6/06, 10:01 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005muzzy @ March 6, 2006, 8:40 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey Bill , Did they STICKY your spring install yet. GREAT INSTRUCTIONS !! I'll be using them
[/b][/quote]
Thanks, Tony!
It up to the Moderators to determine all stickies.

Even though my install went fairly smooth, I wish I had a write up with pics (like mine) before my install, it would've went even smoother!
I've read instructions from other members here. They were accurate, but alot of it was vague and without pictures, I had no idea what they were talking about. My goal was for any person who wanted to do a spring install could print out my write up then go to town. I think I met that goal.
Old 3/6/06, 10:17 AM
GTR Member

I put a request in at BOF again (hopefully my last), just to see if Kzinti sees what I'm seeing. Plus, would like to get the official release and ship dates.

"I think I met that goal." Yes, you did! I'll be using it, too!

Thinking about getting a lightbar, Susan? Plus, I'm sure you'll be able to get the mirror from a California Special... has compass, temperature, and garage door button.

Daryl, I might feel stupid after you tell me, but what is AAT in your sig?
Old 3/6/06, 12:25 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 6, 2006, 10:47 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Need to take more pics now, Susan! Bet it looks great![/b][/quote]Your wish is my command!

BEFORE...

AFTER...

I'm sure the pics don't do it justice. (I actually took the pics this morning before I left for work.) There are more in my album.

It looks orange-er after, but it really isn't. I promise. In the full-resolution picture, you can actually see how the paint on the hood looked a little orange peel-ish before and is very smooth after.
Old 3/6/06, 04:58 PM
GTR Member

Yeah! We're back up!

No call today, but I stopped by the dealer (to show off my 89).

Daryl... I figured it out... Active Anti Theft.
Old 3/6/06, 06:33 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 6, 2006, 11:20 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thinking about getting a lightbar, Susan? Plus, I'm sure you'll be able to get the mirror from a California Special... has compass, temperature, and garage door button.
[/b][/quote]I like the look of the lightbar. Not sure yet. That first mirror was $179. Not sure I want to pay that to know what direction I'm going. I wonder what the CS model will cost.
Old 3/6/06, 06:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 6, 2006, 12:41 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
PonyBuilder
and
Stripe Painter
Neat way to look at your car with stripes if you are thinkng about getting them
[/b][/quote]

Cool sites, knew about the stripe painter, but not the pony builder.
here's my custom pony
[attachmentid=46440]

Called the 800# Kzinti provided, and my car is STILL stuck in Ohio waiting for a rail car! The lady on the line did tell me they were going to put a special priority on it though, since it was supposed to be delivered this past saturday.
Old 3/7/06, 04:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Glad we're back up. Hmmm....Tom, did you hear from your dealer? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Old 3/7/06, 04:13 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 7, 2006, 3:11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Glad we're back up.
[/b][/quote]
Tom? Did you and Daryl have anything to do with the site crashing? overload

Susan- Your avtar went bye-bye.
Old 3/7/06, 04:34 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 7, 2006, 5:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Tom? Did you and Daryl have anything to do with the site crashing? overload

Susan- Your avtar went bye-bye.
[/b][/quote]I wonder if our marathon Sunday night had anything to do with it. The race to Bullitt.

I see my avatar, don't you?
Old 3/7/06, 04:54 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 6, 2006, 4:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah! We're back up!

No call today, but I stopped by the dealer (to show off my 89).

Daryl... I figured it out... Active Anti Theft.
[/b][/quote]

Hey Tom,
Saw your Mustang over at Blue Oval!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Now the real fun starts!!!
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 3/7/06, 05:26 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mustangdans @ March 7, 2006, 6:57 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Saw your Mustang over at Blue Oval!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]Thanks!

Everybody:

Here are the pics for the Front Horse Emblem change (very easy to do):

http://photobucket.com/albums/f167/89Troop...mblem%20Change/

Also, check picture #3 for the loose grill. It probably makes no difference, but if the center lights are on they might vibrate or bounce a little and you'd never know it (I'll keep mine on all the time).
Old 3/7/06, 05:40 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 7, 2006, 3:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I wonder if our marathon Sunday night had anything to do with it. The race to Bullitt.

I see my avatar, don't you?
[/b][/quote]
I see, the Bullitt racers were the culprit! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]

I see it now, you're just messin' with me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 7, 2006, 4:29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks!

Everybody:

Here are the pics for the Front Horse Emblem change (very easy to do):

http://photobucket.com/albums/f167/89Troop...mblem%20Change/

Also, check picture #3 for the loose grill. It probably makes no difference, but if the center lights are on they might vibrate or bounce a little and you'd never know it (I'll keep mine on all the time).
[/b][/quote]
Tom-
Your link to your album in your sig doesn't work. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

We need more pics of that Crimson Red interior!
Old 3/7/06, 06:17 PM

Who wants to see a couple Mustang videos? me-me-me! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/hyper.gif[/img]

They've been floating around this board for a while, so if you've already seen them, watch it again!
If not, sit back, relax, and crank up your speakers!

Thanks to the TMS members who put them together.

Mustang Tribute 32MB file

Mustang Obsession 27MB file
Old 3/7/06, 06:21 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 7, 2006, 7:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Your link to your album in your sig doesn't work. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
We need more pics of that Crimson Red interior!
[/b][/quote]

Link Fixed...

I'll take more pics tomorrow! It's nice to have people interested in my car other than just me!
Old 3/7/06, 07:47 PM
GTR Member

Plus, I gave my salesman a disposable camera, so I have about 12 pictures of the car the way he found it at 7:30am when he got to work. Still with all the protective stickers on. I have to finish the roll and get it developed tomorrow.
Old 3/7/06, 07:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice Avatar!!!
Old 3/7/06, 08:03 PM
GTR Member

Thanks! Needs to be a little bigger, though.

Quick Reply: Ponies on order