2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/06, 12:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 4, 2006, 1:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>You have to love it <span style="color:#000099">OKC</span><span style="color:#FF0000">Must</span><span style="color:#3333FF">nag</span>GT LOL
Sounds like a wife's screenename [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]You are really trying to get on my bad side, aren't you? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Old 3/4/06, 12:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 4, 2006, 1:25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You are really trying to get on my bad side, aren't you? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
LOL [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] Yea I guess so, that is two comments in two days.

Any wonder why I'm single. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/4/06, 01:23 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 4, 2006, 1:48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Any wonder why I'm single. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]With that shiny new car, they'll be crawling all over you. It might be a struggle to be single for long [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
I know I chased the boys with mustangs when I was single!
Old 3/4/06, 03:07 PM
GTR Member

Haven't seen Bill "offline" this long before... guess he is taking lots of pics for us!

It is still saying "load, arrived at Jacksonville...". I would guess if a truck picked it up there, I'm waiting for the "empty, departed Jacksonville..." message.
Old 3/4/06, 04:38 PM
GTR Member

My buddy Mike and I ordered these today:

BMR Panhard Bar

I'm sure I'll need it down the road (and they had a deal on shipping if you bought 2).

I got a <span style="color:#FF0000">RED</span> one to match my interior (like you see it anyway).
Old 3/4/06, 05:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Hi All! I'm back!
Install went very smooth and I didn't kill myself! It took around 3 hours total, including taking a bunch of pics.
Did the rear first, then moved to the front. My buddy brought over his floor standing spring compressor and cordless impact wrenches, saved us alot of time!

Also took detailed measurements before and after the spring swap.

I'll start a new thread in the Modification-Performance-GT Performance section. It'll take a little time to compile all my pics and write-up. I'll present it in such a fashion that that the 'regular guy' can do it. It'll be a great reference thread for future spring installs.

btw, Tom, won't need the adj panhard bar. Rear axle was off center from the factory and lowering it with the Steedas' centered it perfectly! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] No joke, couldn't believe it.
Old 3/4/06, 06:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 4, 2006, 6:36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hi All! I'm back!
Install went very smooth and I didn't kill myself! It took around 3 hours total, including taking a bunch of pics.
Did the rear first, then moved to the front. My buddy brought over his floor standing spring compressor and cordless impact wrenches, saved us alot of time!

Also took detailed measurements before and after the spring swap.

I'll start a new thread in the Modification-Performance-GT Performance section. It'll take a little time to compile all my pics and write-up. I'll present it in such a fashion that that the 'regular guy' can do it. It'll be a great reference thread for future spring installs.

btw, Tom, won't need the adj panhard bar. Rear axle was off center from the factory and lowering it with the Steedas' centered it perfectly! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] No joke, couldn't believe it.
[/b][/quote]
Looking forward to the write-up and what luck the rear end centering like that [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/4/06, 07:31 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 4, 2006, 7:36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>btw, Tom, won't need the adj panhard bar. Rear axle was off center from the factory and lowering it with the Steedas' centered it perfectly! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] No joke, couldn't believe it.[/b][/quote]I'm sure I'll need the panhard bar... I don't seem to have that sort of luck!

Also looking forward to the write-up!
Old 3/4/06, 07:58 PM
GTR Member

Bill, so how does it look? Better, I'm sure...

Camber look good? I know you can't tell if it's perfect, but are the tops of the tires leaning in at all? If there is no obvious lean, then you are probably very close to specs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 4, 2006, 8:11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>(She is <span style="color:#FF0000">STILL</span> not moving)[/b][/quote]Can you call your dealer about this? I know EXACTLY how you feel.
Old 3/4/06, 08:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 4, 2006, 9:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Can you call your dealer about this? I know EXACTLY how you feel.
[/b][/quote]
OMFG !! I hate this. They don't update crap on my car on the UPRR site, but my ETA keeps changing.
Now it is 03/07/06 Good grief get the darn thing hooked to a train for god sake!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
OK I am done ranting.
Old 3/4/06, 08:21 PM
GTR Member

Where do you see your ETA? On the UPRR site? ERL? I can't get the UPRR site at work for some reason. I called the ERL today for the heck of it and it said my car "left the ramp" or something like that with no ETA. It used to give an ETA, but now... nothing.
Old 3/4/06, 08:31 PM
Bullitt Member

You guys are #3 and #10 on today's top 10 posters! Congrats!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?act=Stats
Old 3/4/06, 08:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 4, 2006, 9:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Where do you see your ETA? On the UPRR site? ERL? I can't get the UPRR site at work for some reason. I called the ERL today for the heck of it and it said my car "left the ramp" or something like that with no ETA. It used to give an ETA, but now... nothing.
[/b][/quote]
I use the UPRR site and it gives me two lines
One is te Bad Order Corrected Line
and the next line is the ETA line
http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/motorVehicleTrace.jsp
cn704297
There is the site lol
Old 3/4/06, 10:17 PM
GTR Member

Just got home and checked it... mine still says it is in MI (released from Industry).

Didn't take many posts to get in the top 10 today... must have been a slow day. Plus, Bill was busy...

I probably have way more than it shows... but if you post too soon, it adds it on and doesn't count it as another post! (Like this probably did!)

Yep!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 4, 2006, 10:35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>(Tune in tomorrow when it will be 03-08!)[/b][/quote]The negativity is setting in. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] I totally understand... every post I put here was extremely negative for awhile there. I couldn't believe it the day Kzinti told me it shipped (I thought it would be there at the plant forever). We're all pulling for you just like they were pulling for me for my car to ship.
Old 3/4/06, 10:40 PM
Bullitt Member

LF just under 28-1/2"
RF just over 28-1/2"
LR 29"
RR 29-1/2"
Old 3/5/06, 01:34 AM

Okay my friends, post on my spring install is up! click here!

Here's a little teaser pic, enjoy! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

Old 3/5/06, 01:38 AM
GTR Member

Thanks! I'm guessing (hoping) your RR that you entered is wrong. 29 1/2"?

My car is checking out the Space Shuttle (Titusville).
Old 3/5/06, 01:50 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 5, 2006, 3:37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Okay my friends, post on my spring install is up![/b][/quote]Man that looks so great! How does it ride? I didn't see if you mentioned that in the write-up. I think I'll be doing that sooner, rather than later!
Old 3/5/06, 01:53 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 5, 2006, 12:41 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks! I'm guessing (hoping) your RR that you entered is wrong. 29 1/2"?

My car is checking out the Space Shuttle (Titusville).
[/b][/quote]
Susan probably meant 29 1/2".

This looks to be the week for your delivery! Almost there, Bro! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 5, 2006, 12:53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Man that looks so great! How does it ride? I didn't see if you mentioned that in the write-up. I think I'll be doing that sooner, rather than later!
[/b][/quote]
Ride quality is at the end of 'part 2'.
But, instead of going there, let me tell you that it isn't bad at all! If you went for a ride in it, you'd probably wouldn't know that it's been lowered, seriously. My lifted Tacoma rides much stiffer!
Old 3/5/06, 01:57 AM
GTR Member

Now I see it... (I went and looked anyway [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]. How did I miss that?

And, yep, hope for delivery tomorrow or Tuesday. The good thing about working 2nd shift is I can pick it up any morning.

Quick Reply: Ponies on order