2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/06, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Must not have any speed bumps where ya'll live! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] OKC Why you all in a lather? "She'll be comin round the mountian...." I'd really hate to see one of ya'll get called home on account of a terminal anxiety attack over this. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] Trying hard to figure out how so much time can be spent in here when there is so much bright work to be done...Have a great Sunday!

Sea ya
Old 3/5/06, 07:08 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red & Shantel @ March 5, 2006, 7:40 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Must not have any speed bumps where ya'll live! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] OKC Why you all in a lather? "She'll be comin round the mountian...." I'd really hate to see one of ya'll get called home on account of a terminal anxiety attack over this. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] Trying hard to figure out how so much time can be spent in here when there is so much bright work to be done...Have a great Sunday!

Sea ya
[/b][/quote]
LOL You know the sad thing is if I didn't KNOW that the car should have been here about 10 days ago, I wouldn't even be the least bit annoyed by it, BUT I know exactly what is going on and it drives me nuts. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/screwy.gif[/img]
If all goes somewhat well I should get mine this week like Tom, so this is just my place to vent my frustrations.
My son doesn't know what kinda car we are getting yet, so he isn't as excited as me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Susan is the RR measurement right or a type-o ?? (Hopefully an error or you had someone in the RR seat when you measured. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 09:55 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 5, 2006, 2:41 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks! I'm guessing (hoping) your RR that you entered is wrong. 29 1/2"?

My car is checking out the Space Shuttle (Titusville).
[/b][/quote]29-1/2 You're right. I'm sorry [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

Cool - space shuttle! It is getting so close to home, huh?
Old 3/5/06, 11:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Very cool, Bill! That was a very nice write-up.

Tom, you are a Bullitt Member!! Where is the car now?
Old 3/5/06, 12:23 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 5, 2006, 1:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Tom, you are a Bullitt Member!! Where is the car now?[/b][/quote]Still loaded at Titusville. I guess if I keep checking I should hear it empty. Unless my tracking is over!

Only 8 more posts for you to be a Bullitt member. (I was wondering if you would notice, Susan).
Old 3/5/06, 12:46 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red & Shantel @ March 5, 2006, 8:40 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Must not have any speed bumps where ya'll live! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]We have speed bumps... just have to take them slow! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Worth it to get rid of the 4x4 look! Bill's drop (and mine eventually) is a minor drop. Some kits drop over 1.5" in the front and up to 2" in the rear. That's when you really have to watch it.
Old 3/5/06, 12:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I am an obsessive tracker. I even track member status!
Old 3/5/06, 12:52 PM
GTR Member

I meant 18 more posts... well, now 17...

It was fun to track my car on the rail on the phone. Neat to see where it was arriving and departing (drove the guys nuts at work, though).
Old 3/5/06, 03:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Tom - for convertible top care, the only thing I have seen any testimonial on is 303
Then I found this site: Stoner Car Protectants

I also read not to use Windex on the car top, due to ammonia (duh).

We are going to start the Zaino process now. See y'all.
Old 3/5/06, 03:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 5, 2006, 2:45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
We are going to start the Zaino process now. See y'all.
[/b][/quote]
Thanks for the kudos on my spring install write up! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
It was a fun experience. Now I'm ready to move on to the exhaust.

So tell me, how your arms feel after the Zaino? Sore or really sore??
Old 3/5/06, 04:18 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 3, 2006, 9:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
So the factory bolts adjust the same way that the aftermarket bolts do? Apparently there is no adjustment using bolts until you enlarge that bottom hole holding the spindle.
[/b][/quote]
Tom- Rehashing this question because I finally have the answer after doing my install.

When I examined the factory lower strut bolts (upper and lower), there were no differences. No cam lobe exists on either bolt. The camber adjusts by pivoting the wheel hub/brake assy on the LOWER strut mounting bolt. When correct camber is achieved, the top bolt is tightened down. Total movement between inward/outward is pretty small, maybe no more than 1/4", which translates to 0.75 degrees of camber adjustment (from what I've read).

Now the aftermarket Eibach camber bolts definately have a cam lobe on the shank. Having this 'extra' adjustment should work if it's still out of spec with the factory bolt.

It looks like the OEM bolt is 14mm. Aftermarket camber bolts are 12mm with a 14mm head. The extra cam lobe makes up the difference in the hole and allows for the extra amount of adjustibility.

Here's another pic of an adjustable camber bolt and a link on how to install it.
Old 3/5/06, 05:12 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 5, 2006, 6:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Total movement between inward/outward is pretty small, maybe no more than 1/4", which translates to 0.75 degrees of camber adjustment (from what I've read).[/b][/quote]I guess that is all that is needed for a 7/8" drop. Are there slots in one part to allow movement? I can't wait to be able to see this stuff for myself! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 05:23 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 5, 2006, 4:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I guess that is all that is needed for a 7/8" drop. Are there slots in one part to allow movement? I can't wait to be able to see this stuff for myself! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I'm assuming that the top hole in the brake spindle assy is slightly slotted, allowing the pivoting action.

This front end stuff is too confusing! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/confused18.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 05:34 PM

Susan-
I found a Torch Red Registry: http://www.trmr.org/

Problem is, I can't figure out how to join! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

I e-mailed the site owner asking him how to, unless you can figure it out first.
Old 3/5/06, 05:37 PM

Looks like that train drove right by us here in the"Old Dominion" without dropping a car off.... How'd they get to Floriduh without stopping in to say hey Tom? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] OKC that gray hair will start sproutin soon if you don't ease up [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] Bill you better be careful not to end up like Don the "king of mods" with a lunched engine in an otherwise very cool ride. lol Not laughing at his misfortune just at our collective approach to this ratchet head thing. Starting to look like fun out there. Yawn....tough day on the water today so I need to get ma ugly rest before tomorrow. RATZ! I forgot to call ERL for an update!!!! Is it too late? heh heh

Sea ya
Old 3/5/06, 06:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red & Shantel @ March 5, 2006, 6:40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
OKC that gray hair will start sproutin soon if you don't ease up [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img][/b][/quote]
I already got them grays sprouting here and there and it's not from the car, must be my son. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 06:36 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red & Shantel @ March 5, 2006, 7:40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>How'd they get to Florida without stopping in to say hey Tom?[/b][/quote]She's on a beeline to see me!

Bill, Susan, anyone? How long did it take to get from the "end of the line" (railcar) to your dealer? Mine is still saying "load, placed at customer... Titusville, Florida". So, I guess it is still on the railcar, waiting to be loaded onto a car-carrier... for it's 1.5 hour drive to my dealer.
Old 3/5/06, 07:18 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 5, 2006, 4:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>So tell me, how your arms feel after the Zaino? Sore or really sore??[/b][/quote]We're not even to the polish yet. We started around 5pm with the Dawn wash. Oh yeah, that was after I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and used my giftcard from Christmas (was intended for stuff for our new house) to buy 6 white 100% cotton made-in-USA bath towels, wash them, rinse twice and cut off the edges.

So we washed, then clay-barred the entire car. Sun went down on us so we pulled it inside and Chris went over it with his fluorescent lamp for detail clay after the whole-car clay. Then I pulled it out and washed again with Z7 this time. Just dried it and we're letting it drip a little while I pay the bills. Ughhh

After dinner we'll start the polish process. Fun!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 5, 2006, 6:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Susan-
I found a Torch Red Registry: http://www.trmr.org/

Problem is, I can't figure out how to join! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

I e-mailed the site owner asking him how to, unless you can figure it out first.
[/b][/quote]Bill - did you try here? Add Car I guess I'll go give that a shot the next time I get a break. I had seen that registry earlier. Did you see the map? I thought that was pretty neato.

So, do you run into people on the road that just want to talk to you? All of a sudden, I'm a member of some club. All the other mustangs [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wave2.gif[/img] and [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img], etc. It's kinda fun! A guy pulled up next to me today in his vista blue GT and had a quick chat. Last night a guy in a white '03 or '04 GT 'vert gave me and Katie the "OK" sign.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 5, 2006, 7:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Bill, Susan, anyone? How long did it take to get from the "end of the line" (railcar) to your dealer? Mine is still saying "load, placed at customer... Titusville, Florida". So, I guess it is still on the railcar, waiting to be loaded onto a car-carrier... for it's 1.5 hour drive to my dealer.[/b][/quote]Remember, we let the dealer go pick ours up, so I don't know how long it would have taken. They told us it was a gamble as to when they would get it to the dealer if they didn't send the driver. It was "Released from Industry (Complete Unload)" on 2/21 at 16:22. They driver picked it up on 2/23.
Old 3/5/06, 07:32 PM
Bullitt Member

I registered on the Torch Red Registry. Kinda weird though, they display your full first and last name.
Old 3/5/06, 08:01 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 5, 2006, 9:35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I registered on the Torch Red Registry.[/b][/quote]No Performance White registry, that I could find... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 5, 2006, 9:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Remember, we let the dealer go pick ours up...[/b][/quote]I don't think my dealer would do that, even if I asked them to. I'm hoping a car-carrier will pick it up in Titusville tomorrow and should deliver it tomorrow night or Tuesday morning. Jeez, it's only an hour and a half away!

Quick Reply: Ponies on order