2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 3/10/06, 10:52 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005muzzy @ March 10, 2006, 5:27 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>MY %$#$% CAR IS MISSING!!![/b][/quote]If it is indeed on a quality hold, expect a 3 week to 1 month delay. I know that sucks to hear, but at least knowing that straight out is better than wondering for a month like I did. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will be released early, but from what I hear, they hold them for close to a month.

And, this doesn't mean there is a quality issue at the plant. It means your car was somehow chosen (systematically or randomly) to be inspected for quality. Again, this is what I have been reading looking through this and other Ford forums.
Old 3/10/06, 11:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 10, 2006, 9:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have decided..... NO lowering... and NO exhaust change! Can you believe it?
[/b][/quote]
Tom, I see what you meant on your old 03, but it sure was purrty! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I agree, no sense rushing and spending $$$ on performance mods from the get go (yours truely excluded [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] ). There's plenty of time ahead for any and all that.
Just have some fun with the appearance mods you're doing!
Old 3/11/06, 12:05 AM
GTR Member

I wanted this to be more of an "Appearance" Mustang, than a "Performance" Mustang, anyway... so, I'm going to try to stick with that for the time being. My only performance mod (for now) will be the K&N air filter. I bought it a month ago, but haven't put it in yet for some reason... maybe tomorrow. That will be a slight HP increase! And the Mobil 1 will add slightly more. Look at all these performance mods! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 05:35 AM

I am in total agreement with you Tom. Looks like we "modless" crew will have the most unique rides as everyone else is in such a big hurry to change a beautiful piece of machinery. Only in America! That's cool, to each his own. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] Besides..it keeps the aftermarket vendors in biz. I love capitalism!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Sea ya
Old 3/11/06, 06:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

That sucks about your exhaust Bill! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]
Most of my mods will be down the road a ways too. I really should buy the Shaker now at $100 off but it would just sit till I can get the stripes painted. I wonder if I should just go vinyl to start and paint them on later, that way I could install the shaker sooner. What do you guys think ?
Tony sorry to hear about your car being LOST. I knew where mine was but she was just sitting [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 06:59 AM
GTR Member

My graphics are going to be vinyl... for 2 reasons. One is cost. The other is if you get tired of the design, or want to change it, you can. If it's painted on it's a lot harder to change. The graphics on my '03 (see 2nd attachment a few posts back) cost me all of $150 on eBay and I put them on myself. The only hard part was getting the stripes on the hood to match. But with plenty of soapy water, you just slide them around until they're where you want them.
Old 3/11/06, 07:10 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 11, 2006, 5:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I wonder if I should just go vinyl to start and paint them on later, that way I could install the shaker sooner. What do you guys think ?
[/b][/quote]
+1 with Tom on this.

Daryl- If you go vinyl, be careful who you chose to install them (remember that vinyl disaster post from a couple weeks back?) or if you feel talented, go for the install yourself.

Personally, I like the painted stripes, but the thought of removing the body parts and windshield sort of turns me off. I have a fear that it won't be put back together as tight, even, and leak free like when installed at the factory.

When I decide it's time to stripe, I'll go for the vinyl stripes. Lots of members here have had great results using the Baltimore Street Mods stripe kit.

I read from another post that a member was attempting to install a set of rocker panel stripes on a freshly Zaino's surface and the vinyl just slid right off! Guess that's [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] and [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] . Lessons learned, if you're gonna stripe, somehow remove all those coats of Zaino first.

On the shaker, don't know if it'll be better to install it before or after the vinyl striping? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 07:19 AM
GTR Member

The shaker hole will have to go in an EXACT place according to the template they give you in the kit. If you vinyl or paint first, and the stripes are even a little off center, it will definitely be more noticable with the hole there. I would do the shaker first. Then you can remove the trim they give you that goes around the hole, add the stripes, and replace the trim.
Old 3/11/06, 07:27 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 11, 2006, 6:22 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The shaker hole will have to go in an EXACT place according to the template they give you in the kit. If you vinyl or paint first, and the stripes are even a little off center, it will definitely be more noticable with the hole there. I would do the shaker first. Then you can remove the trim they give you that goes around the hole, add the stripes, and replace the trim.
[/b][/quote]
Very good and logical thought process, Tom!

I agree, install the shaker first.
Old 3/11/06, 07:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well I would either 1) do them myself or 2) see if my friends at the body shop have done them before and if so have them do it.
I trust him and his brother, both been in the business for years and do excellent work, not to mention they both have older Mustangs so I know they would take care of my new baby [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
I think I will do the shaker myself as well, little nervous cutting the hood [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/crying.gif[/img] but I think the look is awsome.
Once again thanks for the advice/opinions. I think I just might go vinyl first then maybe painted later.
(Have heard about the Zaino and no sticking vinyl stripes, but I don't want to wait to Zaino the car. hmm [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img] )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 11, 2006, 8:30 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Very good and logical thought process, Tom!

I agree, install the shaker first.
[/b][/quote]
Crap that is scaryy logical thinking here [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 11, 2006, 8:13 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
When I decide it's time to stripe, I'll go for the vinyl stripes. Lots of members here have had great results using the Baltimore Street Mods stripe kit.[/b][/quote]
Yea I remember asking what in the world are Baltimore Stripes. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 08:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Journey is almost finished. Railcar (Complete Unload) Released From Industry 08:15 03-11-06
Should be at or on her way to the dealership by now. Ill let you know when I get that all exciting phone call that she is ready for pickup. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 09:05 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 11, 2006, 7:37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Journey is almost finished. Railcar (Complete Unload) Released From Industry 08:15 03-11-06
Should be at or on her way to the dealership by now. Ill let you know when I get that all exciting phone call that she is ready for pickup. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Geat news! It's just a matter of hours once loaded onto the convoy truck. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 09:35 AM
GTR Member

Yep... Monday sounds like it will be a great day for you, Daryl!

I always type "Daryl" wrong the first time and have to backspace to fix it. Same thing with "Vinyl".
Old 3/11/06, 09:37 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 11, 2006, 5:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That sucks about your exhaust Bill! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Good news, called Downs Ford (NJ) this morning and the Parts Manager will ship out the correct kit out to me, 3 Day Air.
If all goes well (not holding my breath until I see it), will be installing next weekend.
Old 3/11/06, 09:50 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 11, 2006, 11:40 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>If all goes well (not holding my breath until I see it), will be installing next weekend.[/b][/quote]
Sounds good!!

Ashley (my daughter) and I went to the Flea Market this morning and we bought some sunglasses. I got a red pair and a black pair to alternate between the two. They have UV protection (95% UVA, 60% UVB, whatever that means). Total cost = 3 for $10.00 (too bad my wife wasn't there... so I had to get 2 for myself).

[attachmentid=46605]
Old 3/11/06, 10:15 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 11, 2006, 8:53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Sounds good!!

Ashley (my daughter) and I went to the Flea Market this morning and we bought some sunglasses. I got a red pair and a black pair to alternate between the two. They have UV protection (95% UVA, 60% UVB, whatever that means). Total cost = 3 for $10.00 (too bad my wife wasn't there... so I had to get 2 for myself).

[attachmentid=46605]
[/b][/quote]
Uh oh... Did you pick up a pair for Susan? She's gonna get mad! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smilies23.gif[/img] hehehe!
Old 3/11/06, 10:20 AM
GTR Member

I thought about you guys to match the Torch Red, but glasses are hard to buy for someone without them being there. Might be too big for the face, too small, to round, what have you. I like these because they curve around the side of the eyes a little. And that's where the sun would get me the most. If anybody likes this style and wants a pair, I'll stop by tomorrow and pick some up. They aren't the best glasses, but I would rather lose these than some Oakley's.
Old 3/11/06, 10:34 AM
GTR Member

Here is the new plenum cover installed:

[attachmentid=46610]

[attachmentid=46611]

I want to get the black vinyl for the "GT".
Old 3/11/06, 10:38 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 11, 2006, 9:23 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I thought about you guys to match the Torch Red, but...
[/b][/quote]
Yeah, yeah, we're just step children [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/17.gif[/img] (just joking!)

You're right about fittment, I for one have a big head (that didn't come out right [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] ), so narrow sunglass arms press into the side of my melon too hard.

Thanks for the thought though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 11, 2006, 9:37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Here is the new plenum cover installed...
[/b][/quote]
I hate you, Tom. Now I have to get one. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/11/06, 10:47 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 11, 2006, 12:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I hate you, Tom. Now I have to get one. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img][/b][/quote]
It really adds to the engine compartment. I decided to keep it the satin color and not have it painted to match the body color. Because if it did come from the factory, it would have looked like this. Not white for mine, red for yours, etc...

Look here for some examples... and some people have those bolt covers on the strut towers, too:

http://www.midwestautogear.com/customer_gallery.htm

Quick Reply: Ponies on order