2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/06, 10:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
Anyone ever feel like Ford is giving you the run around? I stopped into the dealer yesterday, and they said the car's status was "FF", which they explained to me meant it was off the train and in Jesop, Maryland. But when I called the 800 # Kzinti provides, the lady said it was still showing to be in Fostoria, Ohio and that Convoy meant it was being shipped on truck. Makes me wonder if somebody doesn't know what they're talking about. On the other hand...6-8 weeks ain't bad...better than what Tom went through...
Old 3/8/06, 10:46 AM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cavero @ March 8, 2006, 12:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone ever feel like Ford is giving you the run around?[/b][/quote]Nah, not me! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
I progressively got madder and madder every day for 30 some days. My "dreaded wait" was only the month and a day that I had no idea what was going on. Before and after that, the wait was exciting. Tony is getting a taste of what I felt when I realized I didn't have a release or ship date like 99% of them get (in fact, I still don't have a release or ship date, now that I think about it - Kzinti doesn't show one).

So we have 3 "waiters" right now? You, Daryl, and Tony? Well, I'm still pulling everyday for you guys!
Old 3/8/06, 10:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

OK Susan wanted Polarized, so here is my next recommendation. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

These have no Mustang logos on them but would look awsome cruising around town in our Stangs wearing these.

One for the TR's and PW's with Red Interior

one for us VB's

Or you can design your own at Oakley Custom Glasses

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cavero @ March 8, 2006, 11:23 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Anyone ever feel like Ford is giving you the run around? I stopped into the dealer yesterday, and they said the car's status was "FF", which they explained to me meant it was off the train and in Jesop, Maryland. But when I called the 800 # Kzinti provides, the lady said it was still showing to be in Fostoria, Ohio and that Convoy meant it was being shipped on truck. Makes me wonder if somebody doesn't know what they're talking about. On the other hand...6-8 weeks ain't bad...better than what Tom went through...
[/b][/quote]
Well my dealer doesn't know anything or pretends pretty good that he doesn't know.
My beef is not with Ford at the moment, but with Union Pacific Railroad [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 3/8/06, 10:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

I was lookin optimistic !! OK Maybe the car is on it's way and TacoBill is right. Sometimes the system is not updated. The car could be here tomorrow!! RIGHT ON TIME !! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] Then......... i go over to Blue Oval News and see a post from a guy named CHEF.( car built on same day) He said that his car is being held for quality issues.( What the heck does that mean?, Pretty scary to me!!!! I have been delaying making phone calls. I guess I'm nervous pretending I'm the dealer since my friend is the GM of the dealership that I bought it from. I'm going up there tomorrow to see what the @#$# is goin on. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] Hey Trooper !!!! Here I go again being optimistic, knowing that you didn't get dates either. What a freakin rollercoster ride. I need meds, a drink , something!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/confused18.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drunk.gif[/img]
Old 3/8/06, 11:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005muzzy @ March 8, 2006, 11:56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I was lookin optimistic !! OK Maybe the car is on it's way and TacoBill is right. Sometimes the system is not updated. The car could be here tomorrow!! RIGHT ON TIME !! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] Then......... i go over to Blue Oval News and see a post from a guy named CHEF.( car built on same day) He said that his car is being held for quality issues.( What the heck does that mean1, Pretty scary to me!!!! I have been delaying making phone calls. I guess I'm nervous pretending I'm the dealer since my friend is the GM of the dealership that I bought it from. I'm going up there tomorrow to see what the @#$# is goin on. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I love it someone else is getting bent out of shape too [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
I feel your pain.
Mine was built and shipped 2-14, then
sat in a railcar marked as defective for a week, then
sat on the rails to get fixed for a week, then
is still sitting repaired on the track for almost a week, and my ETA keeps getting pushed back. LOL
I just laugh about it now, knowing when I finally get it, it will be all the sweeter. Not too mention I will be taking off work the day it comes in.
Working my Zaino muscles out right now. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/8/06, 11:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 8, 2006, 1:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I love it someone else is getting bent out of shape too [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
I feel your pain.
Mine was built and shipped 2-14, then
sat in a railcar marked as defective for a week, then
sat on the rails to get fixed for a week, then
is still sitting repaired on the track for almost a week, and my ETA keeps getting pushed back. LOL
I just laugh about it now, knowing when I finally get it, it will be all the sweeter. Not too mention I will be taking off work the day it comes in.
Working my Zaino muscles out right now. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I knew that you had rail car issues but that story takes the cake !!!
i'm really starting to annoy the people around me. I was even told (not to make fun)that i'm starting to sound like rain man /
Yeah- i'm getting a new mustang-yeah- it's got leather, yeah- I got a produce date-yeah- I'ts on the train- yeah- I'ts on the truck -yeah- I'm getting a new mustang- yeah- it's black, yeah- any day now, yeah i can't wait to drive it yeah - I'm getting my new mustang soon yeah - almost time for judge Wopner. I buy my underware at K-mart ! yeah- I'm getting a new mustang !!
Old 3/8/06, 11:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

yea, I have two kinds of people around me.
The ones that ask "You got that new Mustang yet, I can't wait to see it"
and
"I wish you would get that Mustang so you would SHUT-UP about it"
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/8/06, 12:39 PM
GTR Member

I put up with the same stuff at work. I'd walk in and get... "Well, is it here?"... then I was like, "Well, hello, it was still in Michigan yesterday so, ah, no".

Nobody at work knows I have it... so they'll see it when I go back in 2 days!

The biggest relief I have right now is not having to wait until 5-ish to get an update from Kzinti just to be let down again. I've calmed down today, but yesterday I was pacing the dealership waiting to do the paperwork, walking around the car in circles when I got home, nitpicking over every square inch of the outside and inside, examined how the top went up and down, walked around it a few more times, etc, etc...

But I still check after 5 for everybody else!!
Old 3/8/06, 12:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 8, 2006, 11:37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Nobody at work knows I have it... so they'll see it when I go back in 2 days!
[/b][/quote]
I think your buddies at work will put 2 and 2 together... GT coming very soon, took 2 days off... = [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eclipsee_steering.gif[/img]
Old 3/8/06, 12:51 PM
GTR Member

Just one... Tuesday. I normally have Wednesday & Thursday off. And it is common practice to extend one's weekend. But you are right, they probably know.

I left my wallet at work Monday night (I have never done that before). Luckily, the dealer had copies of all my stuff from the last car I bought there. All I had to do was get Geico to fax proof of insurance.
Old 3/8/06, 08:28 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 8, 2006, 11:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just one... Tuesday. I normally have Wednesday & Thursday off. And it is common practice to extend one's weekend. But you are right, they probably know.

I left my wallet at work Monday night (I have never done that before). Luckily, the dealer had copies of all my stuff from the last car I bought there. All I had to do was get Geico to fax proof of insurance.
[/b][/quote]
Driving without a license huh? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]

New GT vert, no license, you're asking for it!

btw- Complete the sequential lights yet?
Old 3/8/06, 09:01 PM

If anyone's interested in getting in on a MRT hood struts group buy, check out my post.

Group buy expires on 3/15.
Old 3/8/06, 09:19 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 8, 2006, 10:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>btw- Complete the sequential lights yet?
[/b][/quote]Still working on it. Here's some pics I took to show how you have to add the wire to the 1 taillight socket:

http://photobucket.com/albums/f167/89Troop...l%20Taillights/

All I have to do is put the lights back in.

I'll try to take a video of it with my digital camera... it only shows it in Quicktime, though, I think.
Old 3/8/06, 09:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hey Guys & Lady,
Decided to post because I actually think this might be GOOD news for a change [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
I just can't keep away from the UPRR site [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]
When I looked earlier today it had updated !!
It said Interchange Received and the ETA was still 3-11-06, but still encouraging news (at least to me lol), then I checked it again a minute ago and the ETA changed again !! to 3-10 this time [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Still won't get her for this weekend I doubt, ,but what the heck at least it is updating and possibly going to start moving soon [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/8/06, 09:53 PM
GTR Member

And the CSX number says the same thing. It used to say it was in "something" (couldn't understand)" Kansas City. Now it says Kansas City, MO. It will be in OK, soon!
Old 3/8/06, 10:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yea it was trying to pronounce EIGHTNST, KS Eighteenth Street LOL
I looked up eighteenth street in KC area and there are RR tracks all over that area, so that must be the repair depot [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
English language is so hard for computers. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 04:57 AM

Patiently listening to the ETA week of March 8th over and over and over....... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

System goes down and as soon as I get back on Tom has his ride! Congrats Man, sweet ride. Remember to wear sunscreen! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Starting to envision ERL wearing 6" spikes, black leather........heh heh
Old 3/9/06, 06:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] She is MOVING !!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Running about 60mph across Kansas WOOT
Old 3/9/06, 06:42 AM
Cobra Member

You guys have had it easy. I waited 8 months for mine. Very well worth it though... Ordered June 11th last year, and picked up Feb. 10th this year. Now that's a heck of a wait. I didn't mind over the winter months though since I wasn't gonna drive it anyway (or as little as possible).
Old 3/9/06, 06:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Route 66 @ March 9, 2006, 7:45 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You guys have had it easy. I waited 8 months for mine. Very well worth it though... Ordered June 11th last year, and picked up Feb. 10th this year. Now that's a heck of a wait. I didn't mind over the winter months though since I wasn't gonna drive it anyway (or as little as possible).
[/b][/quote]
Yea, I can't really complain but I do anyway. The only problem I really female doged about was the fact that it got delayed due to a defective railcar. lol

Quick Reply: Ponies on order