2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/06, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daryl, we saw in the news about the baseball sized hail. Sure hope your pony doesn't get modified before she arrives!
Old 3/9/06, 08:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005muzzy @ March 9, 2006, 6:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Got back from dealer a while ago. NO car !!! Did find out some interesting news. My car is coming convoy. Latham Ford doesn't get cars via train. Dealer said that they could get a delivery at any time. I'm hoping Friday will be the day.
[/b][/quote]
Tony- If your GT left by convoy truck on 3/1 or 3/2, it shouldn't be too much longer at all. MI to NY can't take longer than a week. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red & Shantel @ March 9, 2006, 7:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Dealer told us today that the car isn't "where it is supposed to be" ..... swell. Looks like an 800 mile roundtripper in my Cherokee. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] On the up side, maybe she will be here when we get back. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] Ketch Yawl later
[/b][/quote]
Red- On the bright side, that's 800 less miles on your new GT! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 08:56 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 9, 2006, 10:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>How did you get your plates already (doesn't look personalized)? Nice pics.[/b][/quote]
We keep the same plates... they just transfer. If you need a plate, you pay for Tax, Title, and Tag. If you have a plate, you pay for Tax, Title, and Transfer.

I call it a Car Show, but it's actually a "Cruise". If you didn't see the link when I posted it before, check it out HERE.

That plenum cover should have come with the car like it was originally supposed to. Dumb bean-counters!

Hard to keep up with this thread... we are so active.
Old 3/9/06, 09:04 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 9, 2006, 7:59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
We keep the same plates... they just transfer. If you need a plate, you pay for Tax, Title, and Tag. If you have a plate, you pay for Tax, Title, and Transfer.

I call it a Car Show, but it's actually a "Cruise". If you didn't see the link when I posted it before, check it out HERE.

That plenum cover should have come with the car like it was originally supposed to. Dumb bean-counters!

Hard to keep up with this thread... we are so active.
[/b][/quote]
Ahh, now I remember seeing that link. Hard to recall all the info on this thread. We discuss serveral key things EACH DAY! (Can't wait til tomorrow [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] )

Want the (should've been) factory plenum cover? Join the list here.

In CA, we get issued brand spankin' new plates with new vehicles, unless you have a personalized plate. If so, you're given the option to transfer it to the new car or surrender it. Depending what the plate reads, some will go for option #2. (4WHELIN on a Mustang GT [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] )
Old 3/9/06, 09:24 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 9, 2006, 11:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Want the (should've been) factory plenum cover? Join the list [/b][/quote]I have it already! Check out the top of this picture:

http://photobucket.com/albums/f167/89Troop...nt=DSCN2414.jpg

Putting it on tomorrow! Makes a huge difference in the look of the engine (as you can see!).

You can also see me in the CAI tube taking the picture!

This is a picture of Mike's engine...
Old 3/9/06, 09:34 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 9, 2006, 8:27 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have it already! Check out the top of this picture:

http://photobucket.com/albums/f167/89Troop...nt=DSCN2414.jpg

Putting it on tomorrow! Makes a huge difference in the look of the engine (as you can see!).
You can also see me in the CAI tube taking the picture!

This is a picture of Mike's engine...
[/b][/quote]
Tom-
Where did you get this plenum cover? details, details, please! Hook me up. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]

I just saw the pic header. Okay, tell me where Mike got it from.
And what does it read to the left of "FORD"?
Old 3/9/06, 09:35 PM
GTR Member

Here is the link:

http://www.midwestautogear.com/

You can get them in satin or match the color of your car.

I'm also going to get those mirror inserts.
Old 3/9/06, 09:39 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 9, 2006, 8:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
People from that thread REALLY don't know that it is already available?

Opps! I guess that means you, too! Sorry! I thought it was already readily available... let me check!
[/b][/quote]
The plenum cover link I referenced is for a Ford OEM one, not aftermarket. I did see one aftermarket model already on the market. But, it doesn't look like the one that Mike sold you.

edit: Okay, just checked out the covers from midwestautogear. Looks the same, but where did Mike get that metal/plastic Ford decal?
Old 3/9/06, 09:45 PM
GTR Member

Caught that before I deleted it, huh? The one I got from him looks great. It just doesn't say "Powered By Ford" along the sides. Some people get the cover without the "GT" and glue a front emblem horse on it. eBay already has vinyl stickers to put on the sides that say "Powered By Ford", so you can almost make it look identical to the one in the link you showed me.

To the left of Ford reads "Powered by Ford". I'm taking that badge off to give back to him.

Do you want me to call you? *L*
Old 3/9/06, 09:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 9, 2006, 10:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Tony- If your GT left by convoy truck on 3/1 or 3/2, it shouldn't be too much longer at all. MI to NY can't take longer than a week. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
I'm confused also !!! I don't know if it left. I know that there are some quality issues. no update over at BON.I don't know where my car is!!! Hope to get an update from Kzinti or get the call from Latham Ford. There is a Starbucks across the street from the dealer. I just might hang out there all day tomarrow (seat by the window) Load up on $4 coffee and wait for a truck [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] There is no way to track a truck. Hopefully some news Friday [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] Red-
On the bright side, that's 800 less miles on your new GT! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Old 3/9/06, 10:10 PM
GTR Member

Speaking of those mirror inserts, here's where I first saw them (see attachment). Looks pretty cool!

[attachmentid=46540]

Also notice how they take the looooooong antenna off for these types of pics!
Old 3/9/06, 10:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 9, 2006, 10:37 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Tom-
Where did you get this plenum cover? details, details, please! Hook me up. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]

I just saw the pic header. Okay, tell me where Mike got it from.
And what does it read to the left of "FORD"?
[/b][/quote]
I would get a Plenum Cover, but that Shaker is gonna get in the way [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 9, 2006, 11:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Speaking of those mirror inserts, here's where I first saw them (see attachment). Looks pretty cool!

[attachmentid=46540]

[/b][/quote]
I saw those GT500 Wheels today in person for the first time. They actually look really nice.
I ordered one of those shorty antennas too. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 10:14 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 10, 2006, 12:14 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I would get a Plenum Cover, but that Shaker is gonna get in the way[/b][/quote]Yep, I know.

Plenum cover = short term.

Shaker = long term. (then sell cover on eBay!) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 10, 2006, 12:15 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I ordered one of those shorty antennas too.[/b][/quote]Mike is borrowing mine (to see if his reception was the same.. it is) and he was supposed to give it back tonight and we both forgot. At least I forgot, anyway.
Old 3/9/06, 10:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

WOOT !!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Just looked at UPRR site again.
Looks like my baby is here in the CITY !! as of 10:30
Looks like tomorrow just might be a good day !!
Old 3/9/06, 10:18 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 10, 2006, 12:17 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
WOOT !!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Just looked at UPRR site again.
Looks like my baby is here in the CITY !! as of 10:30
Looks like tomorrow just might be a good day !!
[/b][/quote]
Alright! Then you'll be able to write-up the "How-To" for the shaker install! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 10:19 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 9, 2006, 9:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[attachmentid=46540]

[/b][/quote]
Cool pic, first time I've seen that one.

Here's the thread on the inserts: Painited Side Mirror Inserts

I took off my antenna! Only to put the car cover on. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] I do like the 'shorty' ones though.
Old 3/9/06, 10:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 9, 2006, 11:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Alright! Then you'll be able to write-up the "How-To" for the shaker install! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I guess I should buy it huh ? It is on sale this month at Mustang Tuning
Only scary thing is cutting a hole in a brand new hood. LOL
I need to get stripes painted first anyway. Man my list keeps growing
Old 3/9/06, 10:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

While you guys are talking about hoods . I like the shaker but I love the cobra hood. Question?? how hard do ya think it would be to modify factory hood to look like this?(pic below) Would it be possible?? Could it be done cheap?
Old 3/9/06, 10:23 PM
GTR Member

Daryl... you like to spell that "MUSTNAG", don't you... yep, I caught it!
Old 3/9/06, 10:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 9, 2006, 11:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Daryl... you like to spell that "MUSTNAG", don't you... yep, I caught it!
[/b][/quote]
I am a dyslexic typer [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005muzzy @ March 9, 2006, 11:25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
While you guys are talking about hoods . I like the shaker but I love the cobra hood. Question?? how hard do ya think it would be to modify factory hood to look like this?(pic below) Would it be possible?? Could it be done cheap?
[/b][/quote]
Could you just buy a Cobra hood ? Not for sure what do you guys think or know ?

Quick Reply: Ponies on order