2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/06, 09:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 5, 2006, 5:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
She's on a beeline to see me!

Bill, Susan, anyone? How long did it take to get from the "end of the line" (railcar) to your dealer? Mine is still saying "load, placed at customer... Titusville, Florida". So, I guess it is still on the railcar, waiting to be loaded onto a car-carrier... for it's 1.5 hour drive to my dealer.
[/b][/quote]
Tom- It took a few days before actually getting to the dealership even though the railcar drop off point is only about a 2 or 3 hour drive. If I had to guess, I'd say they're off loaded from the railcar and just sits in some holding yard until a convoy truck is available; can be the same day if you're lucky, other times it can take several days. It boils down to convoy availibility.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red & Shantel @ March 5, 2006, 4:40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Bill you better be careful not to end up like Don the "king of mods" with a lunched engine in an otherwise very cool ride...
[/b][/quote]
Red- I'm keeping my mods pretty tame compared to Don's. Don't worry! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 5, 2006, 6:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Bill - did you try here? Add Car I guess I'll go give that a shot the next time I get a break. I had seen that registry earlier. Did you see the map? I thought that was pretty neato.

So, do you run into people on the road that just want to talk to you?
[/b][/quote]
Yup, I see it now. Site owner just e-mailed me the same link. I entered all my info and pic, but link doesn't show my pic yet [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] I'll check later to see if it pops up.

Not too many GT's here in my neighborhood, I can count them on one hand. On the way home from San Diego, I came upon 2 Mustangs, one 03/04 Cobra and a 05/06 V6 vert, none looked over at me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] Maybe they were scared! Yeah, that's it.

Hope the Zaino application is going smooth! It's gets easier with every additional coat, so I've read. I personally didn't get past two.
Old 3/5/06, 09:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom, where did you find that pony builder? Are you gonna do the lightbar? I think it looks really sharp.

We did 1 coat + Z6. I also windexed the windows and finally pulled up the plastic under the floormats and over the doorsills while Chris was buffing. It's 10:30 and I still have tons of stuff to do, so we'll stop here for now and revisit next weekend with more coats. The car looks really pretty in the garage under the fluorescent. Seems to be a deeper red.
Old 3/5/06, 09:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 5, 2006, 6:35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I registered on the Torch Red Registry...
[/b][/quote]
Okay, my pic is finally up on the Registry. Map is pretty cool, found yours easily, not too many in TX.

Seems that I'm one step behind you, again. You're member number 99 and I'm 100. Yup, they're sisters for sure! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 09:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

OMG, I am not looking at the UPRR Tracking Site EVER again. lol
My ETA is now 3/10 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
I am beginning to feel Tom's pain here. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
What do I get when I win the bet that I will have/not have the car before Spring Break Susan ? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 10:03 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 5, 2006, 11:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Tom, where did you find that pony builder? Are you gonna do the lightbar? I think it looks really sharp.[/b][/quote]I found it at www.ponybuilder.com! I'm still not sure about the lightbar. It does add some support and rigidity (there is steel tubing inside, not just plastic). It might be harder to get in and out of the backseat, though. I would like to see one in person. Plus, they are pricey (over $400).
Old 3/5/06, 10:04 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 5, 2006, 11:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>What do I get when I win the bet that I will have/not have the car before Spring Break Susan ? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img][/b][/quote]Hmmmm... I don't know about all this bettin'. We need to start ante-ing up some real prizes. I tell you what - anyone who loses a bet to me, I'll buy a mustang ballcap when I buy mine (soon). I need one for when the top's down to keep my hair back. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] So I already owe Tom one. Bill, we don't have any running bets, do we?

Daryl, 3/10 is Friday. That isn't really so far off. You will have your car by spring break. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 10:07 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 6, 2006, 12:01 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>OMG, I am not looking at the UPRR Tracking Site EVER again. [/b][/quote]Have you tried calling CSX's customer service? It's 1-877-744-7279. Maybe they can find out what the hold up is.
Old 3/5/06, 10:09 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 5, 2006, 10:35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Okay, my pic is finally up on the Registry. Map is pretty cool, found yours easily, not too many in TX.

Seems that I'm one step behind you, again. You're member number 99 and I'm 100. Yup, they're sisters for sure! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]I just think there aren't alot of internet people like us. I saw a torch red in a parking lot earlier today. I think it was a V6 if I remember. I tend to see them quite a bit around here. Yep, [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cheers.gif[/img] I love that they're sisters.

Speaking of which, Bill, you really haven't found any paint imperfections? We are finding them all over my car. Actually, I probably wouldn't have noticed if Chris hadn't noticed them, but when you look, you can see them. Just little bubbles in the paint that look like there is some sort of residue or dirt under the paint or clearcoat. Chris thinks they need to wetsand them away. We are going to wait a week or so and take to the local dealer's body shop for a look. Chris says it just looks like they may have painted in an environment that wasn't dust-free.

I think I need to lay off the wine. I tend to type alot when I'm sippin'.
Old 3/5/06, 10:12 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 6, 2006, 12:07 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>So I already owe Tom one.[/b][/quote]Did you agree to the terms of our bet? Or did I just say "I bet you......."?

A cap would be nice though... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

...with the Florida sun glaring off of my Satin IUP. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/14.gif[/img]

We're all typing alot... you'll have to scroll back up through 20 posts to catch everything!
Old 3/5/06, 10:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Tom, I really wish I knew what "Placed at Customer" means. I am assuming that CSX is a completely different rail line or system from UPRR, so it seems their lingo may be a little different. I wonder if "Placed at Customer" is the same as "Released from Industry". Either way, I'm betting (yes, a new bet) that you will be driving your car by Saturday. I had thought you might have it this weekend already. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 10:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 5, 2006, 11:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hmmmm... I don't know about all this bettin'. We need to start ante-ing up some real prizes. I tell you what - anyone who loses a bet to me, I'll buy a mustang ballcap when I buy mine (soon). I need one for when the top's down to keep my hair back. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] So I already owe Tom one. Bill, we don't have any running bets, do we?
Daryl, 3/10 is Friday. That isn't really so far off. You will have your car by spring break. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Spring Break is the 13-17th and actually the 11th if you want to get technical, so your on [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
And I only keep female ******* because the ETA has changed from 2/24 to 3/5 to 3/6 to 3/7 to 3/10 LOL [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 5, 2006, 11:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Have you tried calling CSX's customer service? It's 1-877-744-7279. Maybe they can find out what the hold up is.[/b][/quote]
No I haven't, what do I say "Hey for the Love of God please hook that railcar to a train and get it moving!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

OMG that is funny I'm not B I T C H I N G I am female ******* lol [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 10:17 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 6, 2006, 12:16 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Saturday[/b][/quote]Saturday?? I'm hoping they'll have it tomorrow!

"Placed at customer" must mean the rail has reached it's final destination. I'm not CSX's customer... either Ford is, or the car-carrier company is. I'm hoping early in the morning a car-carrier will show up and start loading. Then it can be delivered to the dealership tomorrow. Then I'll pick it up Tuesday morning.

Is that asking too much?? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 10:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 5, 2006, 11:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Saturday?? I'm hoping they'll have it tomorrow!

"Placed at customer" must mean the rail has reached it's final destination. I'm not CSX's customer... either Ford is, or the car-carrier company is. I'm hoping early in the morning a car-carrier will show up and start loading. Then it can be delivered to the dealership tomorrow. Then I'll pick it up Tuesday morning.

Is that asking too much?? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I'll lay odds on Wednesday [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 10:18 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 6, 2006, 12:19 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>female *******[/b][/quote]I thought you actually typed that! I think that is pretty funny, too!
Old 3/5/06, 10:19 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 5, 2006, 11:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>OMG that is funny I'm not B I T C H I N G I am female ******* lol [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img][/b][/quote]I was sitting here wondering what "female *******" was. I thought you meant you were "*******" on "females". [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 10:20 PM
GTR Member

Keeping up, Susan? Catch the link to ponybuilder?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 6, 2006, 12:22 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I thought you meant you were "*******" on "females". [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img][/b][/quote]That's what I thought, too!!
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 5, 2006, 11:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I was sitting here wondering what "female *******" was. I thought you meant you were "*******" on "females". [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I've been known to do that too. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] Am I on your bad side again ?
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 5, 2006, 11:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'll lay odds on Wednesday [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img][/b][/quote]So I want to know what YOUR wager is.
Old 3/5/06, 10:21 PM
GTR Member

If we keep this up, you'll be a Bullitt Member tonight!
Old 3/5/06, 10:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 5, 2006, 11:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
So I want to know what YOUR wager is.
[/b][/quote]
I'll re-gift the hat you lose to me and send it to Tom lol [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ponies on order