2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ponies on order

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/06, 03:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats Dale! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] Post pictures. (Apparently, they like it best here if you post pics of you in a bikini next to the car.) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] Better round up a bikini chick!

I didn't pay over MSRP. Last year, when I was looking, they wanted 7500 over MSRP. We got a deal through Chris's dad, who is a Jag dealer. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I'm very happy with what we paid.
Old 3/1/06, 03:47 PM
GTR Member

Great news, Dale! Keep us up to date on mods!

I'm curious... did any of you get extended warranties? I'm not because I will probably trade it in at right around 3 years. I won't hit 36,000 miles (my '03 has 15K right now).

Then I'll have to go through this whole process again... wonder if Kzinti will still be around?

This is the first car I have ever ordered... every car on the lot had something I didn't like (and I've never seen a car on the lot with the crimson red interior upgrade).

<span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#FFFFFF">Don't tell anyone, but I might get a Challenger in 2009.</span></span>

Nice new Avatar, Bill!

And, Susan, I can tell Bill is looking at 2006 Redfire GTs w/ Polished Bullitts... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img] Scary, huh?
Old 3/1/06, 03:59 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 1, 2006, 4:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm curious... did any of you get extended warranties? I'm not because I will probably trade it in at right around 3 years. I won't hit 36,000 miles (my '03 has 15K right now).[/b][/quote]I did not. I will probably keep my car for a long, long time, but we didn't buy the ext. warranty just yet. We can always do that just before 36k if we decide to.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 1, 2006, 4:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Nice new Avatar, Bill![/b][/quote]I agree. Now, that's no bikini girl, but the karate kid is much cuter!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 1, 2006, 4:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>And, Susan, I can tell Bill is looking at 2006 Redfire GTs w/ Polished Bullitts... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r.gif[/img] Scary, huh?
[/b][/quote]Well, I almost think I have it figured out. But you have way too much time on your hands, Stalker. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] Just kidding.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] My car already has a layer of dust on it, as of this morning. It makes me sad that I have to work 60+ hour weeks and can't wash it every other day.
Old 3/1/06, 04:06 PM
GTR Member

Just click on someone's name to see where they are in the forums. I see you guys "offline" alot, but when I see you are "on", I click to see what you're doing. That's how I got to find out about those neat pedals!

If I decide to keep it, I will add the warranty later on, too.

If you think I have too much time on my hands, find my hidden message in post #462!
Old 3/1/06, 04:11 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 1, 2006, 4:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
<span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#FFFFFF">Don't tell anyone, but I might get a Challenger in 2009.</span></span>
[/b][/quote]Oh, I'm smarter than you may think. I had forgotten about that "online" feature, but I had it figured out. I was going to be a smarty pants and post something about what Bill was doing, but he's always in some random topic "Ponies on order". What the heck is that about?

And I caught your hidden message early b/c my emails have the message body within. With email, there's no format, so I just read it in black and white [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

I kill myself!

You are a regular 007 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/007.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 04:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I like the look of the challenger concepts too. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 05:27 PM
GTR Member

I would really recommend a shorty antenna. I have one on my 89 Mustang and on the 03 (the dealer is getting the long one back and the short one is going on the 06). Stock is 31" tall and these are 14" tall. They get the same reception (I noticed no difference at all) and they look SO SO much better! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Black Shorty Antenna

Stainless Steel Shorty Antenna

I bought 5 antennas from this guy (2 for me, 1 for my wife's Saturn, 1 for my dad's Explorer, and 1 for my friend's GT).
Old 3/1/06, 07:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I agree the shorty looks better thatn the long stock one. Have you done any checking around on pricing ?
Old 3/1/06, 09:31 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 1, 2006, 9:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Have you done any checking around on pricing ?[/b][/quote]Click on the 2 links... I haven't seen them cheaper than that anywhere.
Old 3/1/06, 09:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 1, 2006, 3:14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I was going to be a smarty pants and post something about what Bill was doing, but he's always in some random topic "Ponies on order". What the heck is that about?
[/b][/quote]
I'm all over the forum. Mostly in the 'Order Status & Prod Info' (because I get e-mail notifications on new posts from you guys), but I always check out the 'GT Performance' and 'Interior/Exterior Mods' sections.

AND, I think we all spend alot of time here! It's all good fun! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 10:16 PM
GTR Member

Look at my railcar update Kzinti gave me:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...pe=post&id=1604

Is my car in KY?

Wow, that would be awesome!! The UPRR site still says it hasn't even loaded yet in Michigan.

Bill, you're online... where are you??? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 10:19 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 1, 2006, 9:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Look at my railcar update Kzinti gave me:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...pe=post&id=1604

Is my car in KY?

Wow, that would be awesome!! The UPRR site still says it hasn't even loaded yet in Michigan.

Bill, you're online... where are you??? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
I B here, in this tread.

Was looking at the short antennas too. I'll do that mod later down the road.
Got to get the FRPP/Borla axle-back exhaust system first!
Old 3/1/06, 10:25 PM
GTR Member

Am I reading that correctly? Is she in KY?
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 2, 2006, 12:22 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Was looking at the short antennas too. I'll do that mod later down the road.
Got to get the FRPP/Borla axle-back exhaust system first![/b][/quote]Like that better than the Flowmasters?

Is Borla a Ford Racing product? I haven't heard them, but the Flowmaster's sound great!
Old 3/1/06, 10:35 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 1, 2006, 9:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Am I reading that correctly? Is she in KY?
Like that better than the Flowmasters?
Is Borla a Ford Racing product? I haven't heard them, but the Flowmaster's sound great!
[/b][/quote]
I looked at Mr.K's report, it does look like it's in KY. But, the rest of the status is the same as UPRR's info. When it does go on the move, it'll show an ETA time/date.

Yes, the exhaust is from Ford Racing (made by Borla), sometimes referred to as 'Stingers'. There's a couple different types that Ford Racing produces, the one to get is the M-5230-5GT, the louder of the two. There's several clips floating around here of the Stingers.
In my opinion, the FRPP is alot deeper rumble and louder. I was seriously looking at the Flowmaster American Thunders a while back. That was until I heard the FRPP's... WOW! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]

Let me look for that sound clip...

Found it. click here
Old 3/1/06, 10:47 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 2, 2006, 12:38 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I looked at Mr.K's report, it does look like it's in KY. But, the rest of the status is the same as UPRR's info. When it does go on the move, it'll show an ETA time/date.[/b][/quote]I know... that is very confusing. Wish the UPRR site would show some sort of update!<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Let me look for that sound clip...[/b][/quote]Would love to hear it! Hope it wouldn't be too loud in a convertible (I was thinking about that with the Flowmasters, too).

Sounds great! Might be too much drone for a vert, though...
Old 3/2/06, 07:24 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 1, 2006, 9:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Sounds great! Might be too much drone for a vert, though...
[/b][/quote]
The Stingers are exactly what I'm looking for, for me. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

I have read that they do have some drone anywhere from around 1700 to about 2000 rpm's, depending on load and gearing.

I had a Borla cat-back system on my 92 LT1 Vette coupe and loved it!

For those that don't care for the drone, I've seen a few posts about the Mac system. Owners report little to no drone on the Mac's, may be worth checking out.

Here's a link to Mustang World, they did an install of a Mac on an 05. Mac Performance exhaust
Old 3/2/06, 07:57 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 1, 2006, 11:19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Is my car in KY?
[/b][/quote]I saw that yesterday and figured you noticed, so I didn't say anything. Anyway, I was pretty excited about it being in Kentucky too! That is 2 states closer to home.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 1, 2006, 11:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Got to get the FRPP/Borla axle-back exhaust system first![/b][/quote]Chris wants to put the Borlas on my car too. I think I would like them. Although the car sounds pretty darn good in the parking garage!
Old 3/2/06, 08:10 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 1, 2006, 11:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Hope it wouldn't be too loud in a convertible (I was thinking about that with the Flowmasters, too).
Sounds great! Might be too much drone for a vert, though...[/b][/quote]You might be right - it may be too much, but I will say, if you haven't been out in the 'vert with the top down, you will be so surprised at how relatively quiet it actually is. We went to dinner last night and were talking about how when people use the term "purr", it really is the best way to describe the way it sounds. I think I'd like mine to rumble just a little more.

Well, this morning I turned over 500 miles. I know I'm a girl, but I really am just having a blast with this car. I don't find myself speeding (it would be easy), but what I like is that I can really put myself wherever I want in traffic, driving more aggressively. Compared to the jeep (which was a V8 running on an average of about 5 cylinders), it's just really nice to know I can rely on the power when I want/need it, and I am so much more comfortable taking turns and not being afraid of rolling the vehicle. The first thing Chris noticed on my test drive was the small turn radius. I didn't really think much of it then, but I sure notice it in these darned Texas parking lots with the tiny spaces.

Back to work now. See y'all.
Old 3/2/06, 08:14 AM
GTR Member

Wonder where it is now? Looks like the only way I'll know is if Kzinti checks for me. Both my railcar# and OKC's seem to be useless on the UPRR site. Did you say yours was like that at first, too, Bill? I remember you saying, "I wish I could track my railcar, too".

Glad you are enjoying it, Susan!
Old 3/2/06, 08:58 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swwake @ March 2, 2006, 7:13 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You might be right - it may be too much, but... I think I'd like mine to rumble just a little more.

Well, this morning I turned over 500 miles... The first thing Chris noticed on my test drive was the small turn radius. I didn't really think much of it then, but I sure notice it in these darned Texas parking lots with the tiny spaces.
[/b][/quote]
There's so many exhaust systems out there for our GT's (Borla, Flowmaster, Bassani, SLP's, just to name a few). If Chris hasn't already, check out some of the exhaust threads. Many have posted video clips of their system. Although not entirely accurate in sound (cheap camcorder mics), at least it'll give you a good idea.

FYI.. Many have said that the FRPP/Borla Stingers are pretty loud, only second to the SLP Loudmouths. So, expect to wake up your neighbors when you fire up the Stingers at 5am! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Wow, 500 miles already? Someone is having fun! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eclipsee_steering.gif[/img]
I think I have around 116 miles on her... I know, it's a shame.

During my first test drive at the dealer, my salesperson pointed out the tight turning radius on the new 05/06's, I was impressed!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ March 2, 2006, 7:17 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Bill? I remember you saying, "I wish I could track my railcar, too".
[/b][/quote]
That was when I didn't have my railcar number yet. Once I got it, the UPRR site was pretty accurate and active. Although at one point it didn't show any movement for at least 2 days at some mixing center.

Quick Reply: Ponies on order