2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Bad News for those of you not scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 12/15/04, 04:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes anything that does not already have a build date is also affected. So pending orders that have not been pulled and placed into the schedule for production would also be affected.

meaning any orders entered on low priority would have already been held for higher priority orders.

The dealer informing email is to notify dealers that the network will now automatically hold all IUP orders regardless of priority as of today. And any pending orders that do not have a build date should be changed to 18R if they want the order to be processed in the January production cycle.

Otherwise wait until further notice from Ford about 18G order code status.

My guess is that 18G might go away for ever (possible)
Old 12/15/04, 05:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by NosferatuVI@December 15, 2004, 5:44 PM

That would suprise me. It would probably be cheaper to pay off a law suit than recall, reprint brochures, owners manuals, etc.. not to mention the lost profit on the sale of the option.
Old 12/15/04, 05:07 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 2MustangJohn@December 15, 2004, 5:08 PM
BTW, Rex, would u like it if someone said the same about ur car? If u don't have something nice to say, don't say anything.
He is talking about my car John...I'm one of those IUP holdouts and I don't appreciate the "boy am I glad I got mine" attitude everytime a new IUP issue comes up, but I agree the bad news got the best of me during that post...time to go edit it...and keep building those Mustangs
Old 12/15/04, 05:26 PM
Bullitt Member

pardon me, I just got back from Mars....what lawsuit are you referring to ?
Old 12/15/04, 05:28 PM
Bullitt Member

a guy at MIT came up with the idea of being able to change the lights in the dash a few years ago, and sued ford. Thats the jist of it
Old 12/15/04, 05:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by NolanzDad@December 15, 2004, 6:29 PM
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=11027&hl=

By the way, welcome home.
Old 12/15/04, 05:38 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by Karpro+December 15, 2004, 5:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Karpro @ December 15, 2004, 5:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-manystangs@December 15, 2004, 5:12 PM
Thank for keeping us informed. I just got the call that my 10/19 order would not be built untill Feb. due to IUP. I am "extremely upset." Not sure if I should jump ship.
Michael
Unfortunately, there really isn't anywhere to jump. There isn't any other car on the market with the MyColor feature. If you are willing to buy another car without the MyColor, you might as well just get the IUP lite. At least that way you'll still own a Mustang as opposed to something else. [/b][/quote]
Ford just doesn't get it.
I for one, don't even want MyColor.
I think most people who want the IUP fall into one of three categories.
Either they don't want it, it doesn't matter to them or they would settle for not having it.
Just give us IUP WITHOUT MyColor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IUP lite is a joke! :notnice:
I want the guages, door handles, steering wheel, and especially the Information Center. I could even do w/o the dash panel.
Get a clue Ford!
MyColor is NOT why their are so many IUP orders.
Ford, want to see the MyColor orders all but disappear? Drop it from the IUP and offer it as a seperate option.
Old 12/15/04, 05:50 PM

I'm with you; I could care less about MyColor. I don't even want the IUP, but I do want side airbags (can't get them without IUP).

But not only do I not care about MyColor, I'll be swapping out the leather steering wheel and gearshift for the base ones so I'd prefer being able to drop all of the IUP.
Old 12/15/04, 06:04 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by glevy@December 15, 2004, 6:53 PM
I'll be swapping out the leather steering wheel and gearshift for the base ones so I'd prefer being able to drop all of the IUP.
why's that??? :scratch:
Old 12/15/04, 06:30 PM
Bullitt Member

was there anymore emails sent out today concerning this issue?
Old 12/15/04, 06:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Let me get this straight. TheIUP lite only has the steering wheel and the shifter with aluminum accents. There is no aluminum dash, door handles, door runners, message center, or the 4 gauges. This is crap! My car is supposed to be here Jan. 17th and Ford customer service said I am not shceduled. How can they know that and not have a build date. Ford stinks! If it wasn't for the mustang I wouldn't care if the whole company went under!
Old 12/15/04, 06:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by NosferatuVI@December 15, 2004, 5:44 PM
yes anything that does not already have a build date is also affected. So pending orders that have not been pulled and placed into the schedule for production would also be affected.

meaning any orders entered on low priority would have already been held for higher priority orders.

The dealer informing email is to notify dealers that the network will now automatically hold all IUP orders regardless of priority as of today. And any pending orders that do not have a build date should be changed to 18R if they want the order to be processed in the January production cycle.

They have been holding the oders reguardless of priority anyway. My order was supossed to be expodited & moved to the front when I ordered. My dealer promised me this & MI said it would be no problem. Because my order is to be a Ford authorized replacement of my 03 Lemon.

I ordered 9/22 & just 2 days ago got my status updated from "clean, unschuled" to "submitted to the plant".

BTW all of you guys who don't want the my color option I wish they would drop it, then there would be more left for me. Because I am obvisouly in the minority here when I say that I like it & I want it.

Sure I will admitt that at 1st I wanted the IUP because it updated the gagues to 6 instead of 4. Then I thought it would be kinda kool to have the alumimn to breakup the darkness of the D Charcoal Interior. The I actually found this site & have read most everything I could find about the options & found out about the message center & the my color. That;s when I fel in love with it. I mean 125 colors. I could defiently play with that for a while.

NolanzDad ~ Mars is my ruling planet. How are all of my fellow marshans doing?

Paul ~ I don't know if the dealer has me a build date or anything. All I know is that the status changed to "submitted to the plant". I assumed that the build date & vin number would follow in a day or so. So, since I have now been "submitted to the plant" does this hold affect me in any way?

Thanks guys for all the info you provide. Because of this site I most always know about these things before my dealer does. In fact he usually finds out about them from me. Keep it up.
Old 12/15/04, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Karpro+December 15, 2004, 7:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Karpro @ December 15, 2004, 7:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NolanzDad@December 15, 2004, 6:29 PM
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=11027&hl=

By the way, welcome home. [/b][/quote]
Thanks, here I thought it would be good to be home and now this!

This stinks! .........I'm going back to Mars; they don't have problems like this up there!
Old 12/15/04, 06:43 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordred my gt like 3 weeks ago with iup am i gonna get it?????? pleaseeeeeee say yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12/15/04, 07:05 PM
Cobra Member

If Ford's lawyers think they might loose the case, they may be concerned about having to pay the plaintiff royalties based on the number of My Color units produced. It is ironic that production of the IUP gets increased, and then abruptly halted after the holidays. I feel for those waiting on the IUP.
Old 12/15/04, 07:11 PM
GT Member

Ok I dunno about all this. Coincidentally I called my dealer today to check on things and my order is still "clean, unscheduled." By "clean", I would assume that means there is no delay but that my order is just not scheduled. My dealer has confirmed this too.

Also for the record, I want the full IUP and I won't buy the car without it. Sure, it's not the most important part of the car, but it is very cool and not having it puts the Mustang closer to being yet another cookie-cutter car.

All you people who don't want mycolor, PLEASE cancel your orders immediately so the people who want it can get it!
Old 12/15/04, 07:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Karpro+December 15, 2004, 4:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Karpro @ December 15, 2004, 4:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NosferatuVI@December 15, 2004, 5:44 PM

That would suprise me. It would probably be cheaper to pay off a law suit than recall, reprint brochures, owners manuals, etc.. not to mention the lost profit on the sale of the option. [/b][/quote]
Paul....You don't think that they would recall all the cars that have MyColor, to remove it if they don't settle with this guy do you??? This would be the royal screw job if they do......and i don't think I would willingly give my car up under this circumstance. :notnice:
Old 12/15/04, 07:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by Giddyup+December 15, 2004, 8:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Giddyup @ December 15, 2004, 8:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Karpro@December 15, 2004, 4:08 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-NosferatuVI
@December 15, 2004, 5:44 PM

That would suprise me. It would probably be cheaper to pay off a law suit than recall, reprint brochures, owners manuals, etc.. not to mention the lost profit on the sale of the option.
Paul....You don't think that they would recall all the cars that have MyColor, to remove it if they don't settle with this guy do you??? This would be the royal screw job if they do......and i don't think I would willingly give my car up under this circumstance. :notnice: [/b][/quote]
I would bet that would be highly unlikely. If it does go to court and Ford lost, they would most likely have to pay him damages for each on sold. They aren't going to force Ford to remove it from a sold car.
Old 12/15/04, 07:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by jtmears@December 15, 2004, 8:14 PM
Ok I dunno about all this. Coincidentally I called my dealer today to check on things and my order is still "clean, unscheduled." By "clean", I would assume that means there is no delay but that my order is just not scheduled. My dealer has confirmed this too.

Also for the record, I want the full IUP and I won't buy the car without it. Sure, it's not the most important part of the car, but it is very cool and not having it puts the Mustang closer to being yet another cookie-cutter car.

All you people who don't want mycolor, PLEASE cancel your orders immediately so the people who want it can get it!
Your dealer, all due respect, is full of it. Clean, unscheduled basically means that they, the computer, something looked at the order & said ok, this order is ok so it accepted it. Now your order awaits to be pulled for the plant & scheduled for production. I sat at clean, unscheduled for alittle over 2 months & that is waht it showed on the general managers computer. Yet the sales manager gets a printout everyday & his printouts showed material hold. So, my advice is to talk to the general manager &/or the sales manager.

Anyway. Good luck with the car. Although I believe you are in for a long wait. JMO though. Laters
Old 12/15/04, 07:45 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by tekman13@December 15, 2004, 4:06 PM
Perhaps the trial for the suit is scheduled for mid-late January, and they are hoping for a quick and favorable decision?
no these type of suits take years to settle

Quick Reply: Bad News for those of you not scheduled