Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 9/7/14, 07:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by cdiaz1069
Yesterday, I replaced my black Redline Tuning hood struts with their polished ones because I thought they would look better with the body color and the other shiny things under the hood. I also installed Raxiom's taillight sequencer which adds sequencing to the lock/unlock, hazard and brake light features. Then I detailed her inside and out for today's car show my club put on at Holman Ford in Maple Shade, NJ. No trophy, but a great time.
You selling the black ones?
Old 9/7/14, 07:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
You selling the black ones?
Sorry, already did.
Old 9/8/14, 07:56 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Went to my local cars and coffee on Sunday. Was feeling good amongst the "regulars" of a few porsches, etc. Then a 2000-something Nissan Z strolled in, with the worst PlastiDip, I repeat PLASTIDIP I have ever seen. More details on that later. I can't believe she went to a show with it.

But anyways, back to my story… was feeling ok amongst the sea of cars that were there. Then a gorgeous 911 turbo (duck tail? not sure what you call it) showed up. It was immaculate. Beautiful.

Then suddenly we all shut up. THE car rolled in. I've never seen one in person. Can you guess what car it was? More details below. It stole the show.

Pics are a combination of regular and HDR:

Parking Garage first...

Now onto the show. Small, but decent turnout...

Now here's that Z… notice the peeling… I didn't even bother editing these pics. Not worth my time

This was a nice custom truck with a blower… nasty. Great interior too.

The Ferrari and Porsche...

And now for the drumroll… the star of the show. The King of them all. A 2015 Lamborghini Aventador. All $450k msrp, in all its glory. Owned by a man a bit older than I, in his 40's. V12, 2.6 sec 0-60. No orange peel paint. Oh, and 0 down, 60 months loan, only a $8,500 monthly payment. This guy just drives it to the show…and leaves it there for all to gawk at. Beautiful car for sure. It was impressive seeing it in person. But what are we doing wrong in life that some people can literally pay cash for this? wow… so there I was, tail between my legs, and embarrassed to even start my car and leave. But I did. And I tell you what, I smiled. I drove home and smiled, knowing that hey, Marilyn is "my" super car. I listened to my Corsas and continued on my merry way (ok ok, I was still jealous. LOL). Enjoy these pics.

And here's my favorite pic of them all...

Last edited by FromZto5; 9/8/14 at 08:03 PM.
Old 9/8/14, 08:03 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Went to my local cars and coffee on Sunday. Was feeling good amongst the "regulars" of a few porsches, etc. Then a 2000-something Nissan Z strolled in, with the worst PlastiDip, I repeat PLASTIDIP I have ever seen. More details on that later. I can't believe she went to a show with it. But anyways, back to my story… was feeling ok amongst the sea of cars that were there. Then a gorgeous 911 turbo (duck tail? not sure what you call it) showed up. It was immaculate. Beautiful. Then suddenly we all shut up. THE car rolled in. I've never seen one in person. Can you guess what car it was? More details below. It stole the show. Pics are a combination of regular and HDR: Parking Garage first... Now onto the show. Small, but decent turnout... Now here's that Z… notice the peeling… I didn't even bother editing these pics. Not worth my time This was a nice custom truck with a blower… nasty. Great interior too. The Ferrari and Porsche... And now for the drumroll… the star of the show. The King of them all. A 2015 Lamborghini Aventador. All $450k msrp, in all its glory. Owned by a man a bit older than I, in his 40's. V12, 2.6 sec 0-60. No orange peel paint. Oh, and 0 down, 60 months loan, only a $8,500 monthly payment. This guy just drives it to the show…and leaves it there for all to gawk at. Beautiful car for sure. It was impressive seeing it in person. But what are we doing wrong in life that some people can literally pay cash for this? wow… so there I was, tail between my legs, and embarrassed to even start my car and leave. But I did. And I tell you what, I smiled. I drove home and smiled, knowing that hey, Marilyn is "my" super car. I listened to Corsas and continued on my merry way (ok ok, I was still jealous. LOL). Enjoy these pics. And here's my favorite pic of them all...
I like that last pic too!
Old 9/9/14, 08:14 AM
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
That's not just any Aventador either...I'd be amazed if he picked that up for $450K!

That's actually a rare 50th Anniversary special edition. There's one at St. Louis Motorsports down the street from where I live in all black....they are asking $600K for it!

Notice the additional aero up front?

That's an amazing Aventador right there

Nick C.
Old 9/9/14, 08:36 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
That's not just any Aventador either...I'd be amazed if he picked that up for $450K!

That's actually a rare 50th Anniversary special edition. There's one at St. Louis Motorsports down the street from where I live in all black....they are asking $600K for it!

Notice the additional aero up front?

That's an amazing Aventador right there

Nick C.
Wonderful. Thanks for tucking my tail in even further, Nick. LOL Kidding. So $600k maybe? Unbelievable.

The question is, does he have Diode Dynamics HALOS!!!!????? HAHAHAHAHAHA

p.s. I saw your pic of my car on IG, Nick... so does that mean I win the sweepstakes??? hehe or at least get a whole bunch of free stuff???
Old 9/9/14, 09:17 AM
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Wonderful. Thanks for tucking my tail in even further, Nick. LOL Kidding. So $600k maybe? Unbelievable.

The question is, does he have Diode Dynamics HALOS!!!!????? HAHAHAHAHAHA

p.s. I saw your pic of my car on IG, Nick... so does that mean I win the sweepstakes??? hehe or at least get a whole bunch of free stuff???
Lol, you could enter Car of the Month if you wanted? We need more Mustangs to apply!

Apparently nobody on this forum wants free stuff?

Nick C.
Old 9/9/14, 10:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
Lol, you could enter Car of the Month if you wanted? We need more Mustangs to apply! Apparently nobody on this forum wants free stuff? Nick C.
My car is not worthy. Too stock. That's all changing soon though...
Old 9/9/14, 01:16 PM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Finally got my rear brakes fixed. Been struggling with frozen caliper pins for months. Have pulled them apart cleaned and re-lubed them twice to no avail.

Thanks to DarKsidE323 I picked up some rear GT500 calipers and installed them. They are working perfectly and I am enjoying the cleaner look of the black painted calipers.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-image-460746323.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-image-2287611442.jpg   What did you do with your Mustang today?-image-3753583607.jpg  
Old 9/9/14, 02:45 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Awesome pics Burton. Your car looks awesome.
That Lambo was pretty sick. Can you imagine having a 9k monthly CAR PAYMENT?!!? HOLT ****! And that's a LEASE?!?! lol That is amazing. Good for that dude.
Old 9/9/14, 07:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
I drove it all around today doing things for my wife's BD. Good time.
Old 9/9/14, 08:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Drove it. Used it to move a few boxes full of dishes/mugs/other kitchen stuff from my condo, into storage 35 miles away.
Old 9/9/14, 10:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Got a bloody front plate ticket. As punishment for revving at some dipsh*t in a corolla next to me, swerving into my lane. I had a concrete barrier to my right, so no where to go. I was in the middle of downshifting when he swerved towards me so as I was rev matching, I revved it extra loud to let the idiot know I was there. The CHP was sitting at the light and whipped his head around. I knew I was getting a ticket then, even though I really didn't do ANYthing wrong.

I had my windows down, and it was a motor, so he told me to pull around after the light. Took my keys out and hugged the curb to protect him. Of course he comes to the driver's side So he asks what that was all about...I calmly explained that the idiot next to me was about to hit me and I couldn't honk my horn because I was downshifting, with nowhere to move out of the way. He goes "oh, so you were road raging." I said "no, I was announcing that I was in the lane and had nowhere to go." He says "no you were road raging and now you're getting a ticket for no front plate because I didn't see what happened back there."

Whatever, CA has the front plate law. He probably sees 100 cars a day with no front plate, but I get that as a punishment because he's mad? And that, is why people hate CHP. I showed him this picture as he was making me sign the ticket, hoping to get a laugh out of him...

He chuckled and said "here."

...*****.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your Mustang today?-image-371887804.jpg  
Old 9/9/14, 10:59 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Got a bloody front plate ticket. As punishment for revving at some dipsh*t in a corolla next to me, swerving into my lane. I had a concrete barrier to my right, so no where to go. I was in the middle of downshifting when he swerved towards me so as I was rev matching, I revved it extra loud to let the idiot know I was there. The CHP was sitting at the light and whipped his head around. I knew I was getting a ticket then, even though I really didn't do ANYthing wrong.

I had my windows down, and it was a motor, so he told me to pull around after the light. Took my keys out and hugged the curb to protect him. Of course he comes to the driver's side So he asks what that was all about...I calmly explained that the idiot next to me was about to hit me and I couldn't honk my horn because I was downshifting, with nowhere to move out of the way. He goes "oh, so you were road raging." I said "no, I was announcing that I was in the lane and had nowhere to go." He says "no you were road raging and now you're getting a ticket for no front plate because I didn't see what happened back there."

Whatever, CA has the front plate law. He probably sees 100 cars a day with no front plate, but I get that as a punishment because he's mad? And that, is why people hate CHP. I showed him this picture as he was making me sign the ticket, hoping to get a laugh out of him...

...*****.
Old 9/10/14, 06:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Today the plan is to drive it again

Going with the GF to check out some houses with the realtor, and one in particular with the GF's bro-in-law who's a contractor. We've already seen this house and liked it, but will need a lot of demo/re-modeling to make it ours.
Also, the garage will need enlarging for the lift

House-shopping sucks.
Old 9/10/14, 07:22 AM
I Have No Life

...*****.
Why did you admit to revving at him??? Why didn't you just say you didn't know how to drive stick really well, and your timing is off? Duh...

But yeah, easy on the road rage, will ya Patrick???
Old 9/10/14, 07:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Road raging lol.... Man that sucks.
Old 9/10/14, 08:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Road raging lol.... Man that sucks.
Small price to pay, considering what I do get away with on my morning commute...
Old 9/10/14, 08:10 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Famous bullsh*t excuses on COPS episodes:

"These aren't my pants" - Jacksonville Fl 2003

"I didn't know the meth was there" - Pierce County WA 2007

"I was just giving her a ride" - Las Vegas NV 2009

"The idiot next to me was about to hit me and I couldn't honk my horn because I was downshifting, with nowhere to move out of the way. I revved it extra loud to let the idiot know I was there" - Bay Area CA 2014

Bad boys Bad boys
Whatcha gonna do when they come for you

Last edited by TripleBlack14; 9/10/14 at 08:14 AM.
Old 9/10/14, 08:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Famous bullsh*t excuses on COPS episodes: "These aren't my pants" - Jacksonville Fl 2003 "I didn't know the meth was there" - Pierce County WA 2007 "I was just giving her a ride" - Las Vegas NV 2009 "The idiot next to me was about to hit me and I couldn't honk my horn because I was downshifting, with nowhere to move out of the way. I revved it extra loud to let the idiot know I was there" - Bay Area CA 2014 Bad boys Bad boys Whatcha gonna do when they come for you

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?