Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only

What did you do with your Mustang today?

Search this Thread

Old 9/23/14, 07:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Yeah,...mine is pretty much because of work. No time after work and on the weekends, I want to chill out. It sucks getting old. LOL

I can't put my finger on it Gabe, but you look different in this photo. Maybe it's the haircut?? lol Congrats on the truck bud.
And for the record, I wear those black "nerd" socks as well. The ankle length sock.
Lol ... thanks Tony ... I wouldn't own any pairs of these socks if it wasn't for Lisa ... and now that's all I wear
Old 9/24/14, 12:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
install oracle projection light in the front. this was done for fun. will be removing soon.

Name:  ZkDU2Ol.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  503 Bytes
Old 9/24/14, 02:59 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Drive that bad*** ride!
I know, right Gary?!? lol
No time really and I'll be homest, I did lose interest. Then I told myself winter coming!!!

Originally Posted by Gabe
Lol ... thanks Tony ... I wouldn't own any pairs of these socks if it wasn't for Lisa ... and now that's all I wear
You're welcome man.
Yeah,...all I wear are those black ankle length socks, during the summer months of course. GOLD TOE makes an awesome sock with great foot support. A little pricey, but your feet will thank you for it.

Originally Posted by CiniZter
Cool photo!
Old 9/25/14, 08:57 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Complete cleaning inside, washed, clay barred and waxed.

Attachment 164277

Attachment 164278

Attachment 164279
Yours always looks so very clean. Love that color.
Old 9/25/14, 02:01 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today In my Cobra, I rolled my windows down and cruised my way through town! This weather is awesome! Even here in Texas.
Old 9/25/14, 04:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Drove my fox to work in CLE with the top down. Left work early to take 45 min drive to look at a 12 roush rs3 for sale..... Very tempting.
Old 9/25/14, 09:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

With a friend's help, we got my new VMP triple pass / dual fan heat exchanger installed today.

I also took a few minutes to put on the fog light tint I've had.

Love the new look, and love the new heat exchanger.
Old 9/25/14, 09:07 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
With a friend's help, we got my new VMP triple pass / dual fan heat exchanger installed today. I also took a few minutes to put on the fog light tint I've had. Love the new look, and love the new heat exchanger.
Pics!!!

Also what differences did you notice with HE that makes you love it more than existing?
Old 9/25/14, 09:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Installed my Solo catback...finally!!!!!

I will post a review soon. I have to let it break in a little and get used to it. It's a lot quieter than the muffler deletes, at low RPM, but at full throttle...holy mother of god. It has that old school muscle car sound that was missing from the Coyote 5.0 (it's a mid muffler catback, similar in concept to the Mac Prochamber).

The best part? Zero. Drone. None. Zilch. Barely a rumble at speed, just enough to let you know it's there.
Old 9/26/14, 12:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Complete cleaning inside, washed, clay barred and waxed.
The car is looking super sharp as always.
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Open judged show today sponsored by a local Corvette club. Judging criteria was simply cleanliness and attention to detail. Mods were OK. I was in the 2011-2015 Muscle Class, and up against 3 Hemi Challengers, 4 or 5 Camaros, and a Hemi Charger. I was the only 2011+ Mustang there, but there were several pre-2011 S197's in their own Muscle Class. Didn't see it coming, but I took First Place. The Challenger was very nice....lotsa carbon fiber, chrome wheels and chromed supercharger. He took 2nd. The Camaro Transfomers Limited Edition really sparkled and took 3rd.
Congrats! Great looking cars.
Old 9/26/14, 05:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Pics!!!

Also what differences did you notice with HE that makes you love it more than existing?
The super-XL size alone is awesome, but hearing the fans and seeing that massive thing behind the bumper is uber-cool

The pics:

Getting ready:
(yes, I painted it black so it blends in behind the bumper better)

Name:  2014-09-25_HE1_zps5054ef0d.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  342.8 KB

Now, the size difference between the VMP and the standard Whipple HE:

Name:  2014-09-25_HE2_zpsc06ec0f3.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  332.7 KB

The VMP is slightly thicker, huh?

Name:  2014-09-25_HE3_zps0991630a.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  204.3 KB

Mid-install:

Name:  2014-09-25_HE4_zps82dda6c5.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  349.0 KB

Just about done:

Name:  2014-09-25_HE6_zps0b827af9.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  347.9 KB

New front-end look, including the newly tinted fogs (using film from bigwormgraphix.com):

Name:  2014-09-26_VMPtint1_zps179f558b.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  485.6 KB

Name:  2014-09-26_VMPtint2_zps47d780cf.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  436.9 KB

And just cuz it was there and they look awesome together, a pic with both beasts together

Name:  2014-09-26_VMPtint_wSNAKB1T_zps32ad89c9.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  403.4 KB

We didn't get to install the Roush lower grille delete. Turns out I have a template that says "rear side splitter" or something like that on it ... and not a template for the front bumper, and it was getting late so we tabled that for another day, when we'll also get the new 170-degree t-stat installed, and hopefully a new tune for it, to turn on the OEM fan at lower temps

Last edited by Gabe; 9/26/14 at 05:55 AM.
Old 9/26/14, 05:59 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
The best part? Zero. Drone. None. Zilch. Barely a rumble at speed, just enough to let you know it's there.
Moving right along on the P51, Patrick. What's your next move?

I think I'm in the minority with the droning exhuast. I happen to like it. My GT500 axlebacks are exactly what I was looking for when I was shopping for mufflers. With the top down and at cruising speed in 6th gear it's a pleasant and comforting sound, kinda refined in a way. At higher RPMs and driving at lower speeds, it lets me and other cars know it's there. It can be in your face at times.
Old 9/26/14, 07:03 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 201 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Yours always looks so very clean. Love that color.
Originally Posted by GrnT
The car is looking super sharp as always.
Thanks!!
Old 9/26/14, 08:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Moving right along on the P51, Patrick. What's your next move? I think I'm in the minority with the droning exhuast. I happen to like it. My GT500 axlebacks are exactly what I was looking for when I was shopping for mufflers. With the top down and at cruising speed in 6th gear it's a pleasant and comforting sound, kinda refined in a way. At higher RPMs and driving at lower speeds, it lets me and other cars know it's there. It can be in your face at times.
I'm going to slow down on the mods for a little. I knew when I got the car, I needed to do tint, clearbra, catback and suspension. Those things are all done now. We're getting into the foul weather, so I really need to find time to protect my paint, now that I have my PC. Other than that, it will be small appearance things here and there (paint the calipers, new grilles, Roush splitters all around, RTR decklid when it ever becomes available, possibly new emblems, etc).

We'll see. Now that I'm lowered, I'm really wanting new wheels. I'm thinking about doing the 19x9.5" Niche Veronas for now, and adding the 20x10.5" in rear later, leaving not only the staggered width, but staggered diameter too, a la GT500. That would allow me to reuse my stock tires for now, kinda like you did. I like the stock Brembo wheels, but they're....stock.
Old 9/26/14, 08:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Also, Tom I know what you mean about the rumble. That's not what I mean. The new exhaust has that too. Just a slight burble at cruise and around town. If you want to see what DRONE is, take your GT500s off and go drive around on the freeway lol. Or just around town for that matter. They sounded absolutely badarse at low rpm, but it was getting annoying. I mean, I kinda miss that ridiculously loud note, but it didn't have much tone control - just straight loudness.

Solo informed me if the muffled version is too quiet, they make an X-pipe mid section that replaces the muffler, so I might go to that, but right now I'm happy. It will be so much better with the baby in the car.
Old 9/26/14, 08:41 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
I'm going to slow down on the mods for a little. I knew when I got the car, I needed to do tint, clearbra, catback and suspension. Those things are all done now. We're getting into the foul weather, so I really need to find time to protect my paint, now that I have my PC. Other than that, it will be small appearance things here and there (paint the calipers, new grilles, Roush splitters all around, RTR decklid when it ever becomes available, possibly new emblems, etc).

We'll see. Now that I'm lowered, I'm really wanting new wheels. I'm thinking about doing the 19x9.5" Niche Veronas for now, and adding the 20x10.5" in rear later, leaving not only the staggered width, but staggered diameter too, a la GT500. That would allow me to reuse my stock tires for now, kinda like you did. I like the stock Brembo wheels, but they're....stock.

I know what you're gonna say, but I have no other plans beyond a GT500 spolier next year, maybe a different front splitter, and at some point I'd like to put on 20's wrapped around a set of all machined Shelby CS40's.
But I'll have only about 4000 miles on my tires by the time it goes into hibernation come early November, and will do roughly the same amount of driving next year. I can't justify $2500+ in new rolling stock for quite a while. I'm still on the fence about stripes.

I have no desire for an SC, turbos, or even CAI. I'm perfectly happy with the limited mods I've had done, and so it shall remain. My intention was always to have a limited use, top down, good looking, and comfortable performance cruiser. I'm there.
Old 9/26/14, 08:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I know what you're gonna say, but I have no other plans beyond a GT500 spolier next year, maybe a different front splitter, and at some point I'd like to put on 20's wrapped around a set of all machined Shelby CS40's. But I'll have only about 4000 miles on my tires by the time it goes into hibernation come early November, and will do roughly the same amount of driving next year. I can't justify $2500+ in new rolling stock for quite a while. I'm still on the fence about stripes. I have no desire for an SC, turbos, or even CAI. I'm perfectly happy with the limited mods I've had done, and so it shall remain. My intention was always to have a limited use, top down, good looking, and comfortable performance cruiser. I'm there.
I would say I did my job by getting you this far I think you've done plenty to your car. I love those CS40s just as much as you do. They were in my top 5 for wheels...the CS69s, CS70s, CS1s and Halibrand Cobra IIIs round out my top 5, with the Niche Veronas thrown in the mix, just because they are a nice concave wheel, and very affordable. Halibrand stopped making the 20" Cobra IIIs so they are impossible to find. Really, those would be my number 1 choice.

I have almost 4500 miles on my car already. The Pirellis are definitely starting to wear.

A few things I'd add to your list of plans are: new shocks and struts (the Koni STR.Ts would be perfect for your application, and were on sale for $350 shipped from Hypermotive through this past August!), and adjustable PHB to center the axle 100%, OEM GT500 OTA pipes with no resonators, and maybe the Boss H-pipe.

Other than that, I'd leave it alone. Okay, the Roush splitters are a must for me. I love the way they visually lower the car all around.
Old 9/26/14, 09:23 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
I know what you're gonna say, but I have no other plans beyond a GT500 spolier next year, maybe a different front splitter, and at some point I'd like to put on 20's wrapped around a set of all machined Shelby CS40's.
But I'll have only about 4000 miles on my tires by the time it goes into hibernation come early November, and will do roughly the same amount of driving next year. I can't justify $2500+ in new rolling stock for quite a while. I'm still on the fence about stripes.

I have no desire for an SC, turbos, or even CAI. I'm perfectly happy with the limited mods I've had done, and so it shall remain. My intention was always to have a limited use, top down, good looking, and comfortable performance cruiser. I'm there.
Those CS 4-'s would look amazing on your all black car. I too feel the same about swapping out perfectly good stuff for new. I've got 25k on my nittos, which have worn extremely well. the new wheels won;t get wrapped till spring, and even then i will keep my current wheels for back up or off season/road trip use.

I do think though, that you might benefit from a suspension upgrade. Our cars really wake up when you get the power to the ground more effectively.

As for some kind of power addons like sc's…my own plans change depending on day of the week lol. i am in no rush to bolt on an sc or turbo for some time. Like you, my intention was a comfy but fun and nice looking rag top. As the sc's come down in price and more success stories emerge, i look ahead at my bonus checks and think about it though
Old 9/26/14, 09:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Those CS 4-'s would look amazing on your all black car. I too feel the same about swapping out perfectly good stuff for new. I've got 25k on my nittos, which have worn extremely well. the new wheels won;t get wrapped till spring, and even then i will keep my current wheels for back up or off season/road trip use. I do think though, that you might benefit from a suspension upgrade. Our cars really wake up when you get the power to the ground more effectively. As for some kind of power addons like sc's…my own plans change depending on day of the week lol. i am in no rush to bolt on an sc or turbo for some time. Like you, my intention was a comfy but fun and nice looking rag top. As the sc's come down in price and more success stories emerge, i look ahead at my bonus checks and think about it though
I know a supercharger is in my future. I have ALWAYS wanted a supercharged Mustang, that I built. I've also always wanted an SVT Mustang, that is just ridiculous. One thing at a time. Poor man's Mustang GT first lol.
Old 9/26/14, 09:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Let it sit in the garage because it had a hard day on the dyno Wednesday. Auto made 585 RWHP.

Name:  Pull20140925Custom_zps8baf833b.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  142.2 KB

Name:  IMG_7710Custom_zpsaab3c53e.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  167.0 KB

Quick Reply: What did you do with your Mustang today?