Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/14, 06:30 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Well today I've owned a set of Bullitt keys for 6 years. Got 26051 miles on those keys...

That's right - I celebrated President Reagan's birthday in 2008 by buying an American machine.

Originally Posted by future9er24

+1

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Wasup TMSers? Off today and it's too cold to do anything.

What do you guys think about a 69 Falcon? Think I still would prefer a nova but the Falcon may just be different enough to be something special. I think they may have potential.
But I do love a 66-67 Nova
Old 2/7/14, 06:46 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
+1 But I do love a 66-67 Nova
Me too. Was checking out the falcon just because it was different. I like different if it comes out cool. That 67 Nova is calling my name though.
Old 2/7/14, 06:57 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Me too. Was checking out the falcon just because it was different. I like different if it comes out cool. That 67 Nova is calling my name though.
Maybe you should hold out for the Nova. No sense in spending all that time/money on something if you aren't sure you will like the outcome. Stick with what you know you'll be happy with......just my $.02
Old 2/7/14, 07:16 AM

Maybe you should hold out for the Nova. No sense in spending all that time/money on something if you aren't sure you will like the outcome. Stick with what you know you'll be happy with......just my $.02
That sounds like a plan. Maybe later on I can pick up a dirt cheap falcon just for fun after a nova. It really needs to warm up so I can finally put the cobra up for sale and get moving on next project.
Old 2/7/14, 07:19 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

What do you guys think about a 69 Falcon? Think I still would prefer a nova but the Falcon may just be different enough to be something special. I think they may have potential.
I like them, but since it's not a very popular car, you may run into issues finding parts, and trim pieces especially.

Agreed.
Old 2/7/14, 07:27 AM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I seriously hate you right now. I've been drooling over one for a while now. Color??

Red

Originally Posted by Scothew
..... Dang lucky!!

It was a lucky score....when you find out what I gave for it you are going to hate me too....

Originally Posted by future9er24

Originally Posted by shurtual86
we need pics of the Mach 1
Originally Posted by StangMahn
I'll third that!

I'll get pics today sometime...it was dark last night.

I've got a '68 Futura for sale...Turn key....and I have the '66 Nova project....
Old 2/7/14, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by svopaul
Red It was a lucky score....when you find out what I gave for it you are going to hate me too.... I'll get pics today sometime...it was dark last night. I've got a '68 Futura for sale...Turn key....and I have the '66 Nova project....
I would really like to see what could be done with that falcon body.
What kind of shape is that nova in? Really just want a good sheet metal roller.
Old 2/7/14, 07:37 AM
Service Manager

Here is the Falcon Al....
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-20131221_150730.jpg  
Old 2/7/14, 07:39 AM
Service Manager

I would really like to see what could be done with that falcon body.
What kind of shape is that nova in? Really just want a good sheet metal roller.

It's not a roller anymore...I removed all the half assed chassis work so it's a body but it needs rockers, firewall and other rust repair as well as the floor....everything is made by Dynacorn but it is a project....but it's also pretty cheap.
Old 2/7/14, 08:07 AM

Here is the Falcon Al....
I'm really wondering how much potential that falcon body has. I'm thinking about mini tubs, low, and a computerized engine swap. Just not sure how that body will look really done up. I think I dig the falcon just because you don't see them often.
Old 2/7/14, 08:12 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I think the Falcon could look really cool. Give it a nice stance, take off some of the tack on trim, clean up the bumper shapes a bit.
Old 2/7/14, 08:15 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

-35 wind chills today and that's not stopping anybody.
Red
UGH!!! Let me know when you want to sell it. I want a red mach so freaking bad!!!
Old 2/7/14, 08:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
I agree a cleaned up falcon can look great!
But parts are much harder to come by!
You will surly be spending some time at swap meets looking for parts.
Old 2/7/14, 08:18 AM

I think the Falcon could look really cool. Give it a nice stance, take off some of the tack on trim, clean up the bumper shapes a bit.
Yeah the grill and headlight situation really needs some custom work done. The think the body lines are great. Only problem is they are all post cars. I guess the body just couldn't support a non-post design. I'm guessing a post delete would just be too much work to make happen.
Old 2/7/14, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by ElkGroveFordGuy
I agree a cleaned up falcon can look great! But parts are much harder to come by! You will surly be spending some time at swap meets looking for parts.
Nah. Just a quick craigslist search, I can pick up three really complete and straight falcons for under $10k for all. $3-5k a piece seems like the going rate just because it's a boring falcon. Lol
Old 2/7/14, 08:43 AM
Service Manager

I'm really wondering how much potential that falcon body has. I'm thinking about mini tubs, low, and a computerized engine swap. Just not sure how that body will look really done up. I think I dig the falcon just because you don't see them often.

Exactly, you don't see them....this one to me looks like an Aussie car....

That's what I did....I bought the car as a roller, someone had robbed the drivetrain and 5 lug for a Mustang but the car was solid as a rock...and I happened to have everything to put it back together...lowered it a bit, 17" wheels and it looks like a completely different car.

-35 wind chills today and that's not stopping anybody.

UGH!!! Let me know when you want to sell it. I want a red mach so freaking bad!!!

It's for sale....it needs some work but I'd sell it about any time....hopefully before I get attached to it! **** thing drives and runs so nice....

Al, here is what the Falcon looked like when I got it.....
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-1399509_540145922741619_1537329789_o.jpg  
Old 2/7/14, 08:46 AM

It's for sale....it needs some work but I'd sell it about any time....hopefully before I get attached to it! **** thing drives and runs so nice.....
Fix it up for me while I go bug my dad for a raise.

And post some pics already. How many miles?
Old 2/7/14, 09:18 AM
Service Manager

Fix it up for me while I go bug my dad for a raise.

And post some pics already. How many miles?

It's got 162K on it...the guy had a long commute every day....has damage on the RR quarter that needs to be fixed(got side swiped). Has previously been wrecked in the front and has a rebuilt title as a result but it was just core support damage...nothing into the rails. Great driver car though....the only mod to the car is flowmasters which I liked...I hate flowmasters but I like that it is almost all original....I'm in the process of putting tires on it and putting the rear original wheels back on it, the guy didn't have the money for new tires so he was running V6 wheels on the back. I never expected it to drive/run as well as it does...can't even feel the car running at idle. I really don't need more cars....as it is I'm out of space in my signature but I'm really liking this one. I'll get pics when I finish changing the oil and putting the tires on...
Old 2/7/14, 09:21 AM

Oh wow, that's a lot of miles. Looking forward to pics.
Old 2/7/14, 09:54 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
It's got 162K on it...the guy had a long commute every day....has damage on the RR quarter that needs to be fixed(got side swiped). Has previously been wrecked in the front and has a rebuilt title as a result but it was just core support damage...nothing into the rails. Great driver car though....the only mod to the car is flowmasters which I liked...I hate flowmasters but I like that it is almost all original....I'm in the process of putting tires on it and putting the rear original wheels back on it, the guy didn't have the money for new tires so he was running V6 wheels on the back. I never expected it to drive/run as well as it does...can't even feel the car running at idle. I really don't need more cars....as it is I'm out of space in my signature but I'm really liking this one. I'll get pics when I finish changing the oil and putting the tires on...
auto or manual?

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast