Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 2/11/14, 03:16 PM
Service Manager

Received 430 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I've been looking. I'm thinking direct bolt up mustang II front end and a 4 link with a narrowed 9". I would really prefer something that accepts hub bearing assemblies over one piece hub/rotors though. Pretty sure I got time to think about it though. 67 Malibu or a 65 riviera are both on my wish list too. Something about that Riviera front end just grabs me every time I see it.

Oh god PLEASE don't go with that crap Mustang II style suspension!!! I mean it's OK if you just want to put from bar to bar but if you ever want to take a corner or off ramp at speed it sucks! This was barely adequate suspension in 1974! The only reason people use it is because it's cheap and easy but it is the worst possible choice if you ever want any form of handling compared to what else is out there.

But who really wants an all original 66 Nova? Crap suspension, crap brakes, junk motor, and wagon wheels. Even the SS was a far cry from anything super sports. Lol
That goes for the first gen mustangs also. People want that old car but the reliability and comfort of their daily driver. Just can't beat a restomod even though I don't always agree with what is referred to as restomod. Most of them are just customs. Big block, big brakes, and air ride is not restomod to me. Just me 2cents.

Agreed...I'm all about putting modern engines and reliability into vintage cars!
Old 2/11/14, 04:10 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul
Oh god PLEASE don't go with that crap Mustang II style suspension!!! I mean it's OK if you just want to put from bar to bar but if you ever want to take a corner or off ramp at speed it sucks! This was barely adequate suspension in 1974! The only reason people use it is because it's cheap and easy but it is the worst possible choice if you ever want any form of handling compared to what else is out there.
I guess I should work on my welding skills then.
Old 2/11/14, 04:51 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Evening everyone
Old 2/11/14, 05:09 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 602 Likes on 433 Posts
I'm freakin' stuffed. Should have resisted going back for that second helping.
Old 2/11/14, 05:11 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
What did ya eat?
Old 2/11/14, 05:24 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
What did ya eat?

See the dinner thread.
Old 2/11/14, 05:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul
Technically....yes....since I am having to restore both

Nobody wants to drive 40 year old technology and if they say they do...give them a week, that will change....
Yup. 40 yr old sheet metal cool.
40 yr old everything else not cool.
Damm I old.
I don't remember what it was, but I had to drive a pickup when I was a teenager to haul brush from a place I was cleaning out to the other end of the property. The truck was the only truck I've ever driven with a column shifter (three on the tree), and I swear to you the thing had come alive. I didn't even have to pull back on the shifter to change gears; I'd put it in what I thought was drive, and go backwards. Slam on the non-power brakes, grip the steering wheel with my life, hoping I didn't end up coasting down into the rather low part of the land I was clearing, because I was absolutely certain I wasn't going to get it out without a tractor. Put it back in what I thought was park, and watched it slide...slowly...ever so slowly...down into something *other* than park. Couldn't believe my eyes. So I had to find drive, then HOLD the shifter forward in that very position while I drove the truck half a mile over land on what felt like trampoline springs for suspension. No gauges worked, the tires were the newest thing on it and they were clearly old retreads better suited to a tire fire. I got done the first day and was getting out of the truck and into my comparatively space-age, 1973 LTD with a 429 and a brand new carburetor (I literally burned up the original when I thought I'd see how fast a steel-bodied luxury car could go on a back road) with a WORKING SHIFTER, when the owner walks up and says, "how'd you do with that truck?" I told him it was marginal at best in terms of dependability, and he laughs and says, "I figured. I haven't touched that thing in about 10 years. I was figuring it would end up in the creek bottom and I'd finally be able to get rid of it. The wife won't let me." I was going to ask, but I was too tired. I did drive that truck the rest of the summer on their land though. I thought about buying it off of him, but my dad said we didn't have the space, the time or the money necessary to fix what was wrong with it. He knew the guy and knew the truck. I actually grew to really like driving it...as long as I didn't have to use it near the creek bed.
Old 2/11/14, 06:26 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

A three on the tree is a manual.
Old 2/11/14, 06:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
A three on the tree is a manual.
Ugh...yeah, I've got a couple of memories mixed up with each other. I'm not that old yet, but I'm on some new medicine that has been causing me some issues the last week or so. It's been happening a lot the last couple of days too. I was telling someone something that happened about ten years ago, and my wife looked at me and said, "what are you talking about? we didn't go to Nashville." I did go when I was on a job, but she didn't. We stayed in the same hotel chain when we went to Florida for a vacation that I stayed in while I was in Nashville, and got the two somehow tied up into one. I think I need to change the meds.

Last edited by kcoTiger; 2/11/14 at 06:49 PM.
Old 2/11/14, 07:05 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
My brother had a three on the tree in his 81 F100 but I never got a chance to drive it.

It was a straight six 300 and he drove it for 15 years. I remember he paid $6400 for it new and my dad paid half. To this day he's never had a car payment.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 2/11/14 at 07:19 PM.
Old 2/11/14, 07:16 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 174 Likes on 117 Posts
I need a raise and a bonus at work this year. I gotta buy the Jeep I want later this year. Someone is being a dick about me driving his truck so much and getting it dirty. I wash it as much as I can but it's hard after working all day and I don't have a car wash convenient to get to between work and home. Feeling very irritated right now........
Old 2/11/14, 07:22 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
I need a raise and a bonus at work this year. I gotta buy the Jeep I want later this year. Someone is being a dick about me driving his truck so much and getting it dirty. I wash it as much as I can but it's hard after working all day and I don't have a car wash convenient to get to between work and home. Feeling very irritated right now........
HA! If I told Mrs Patrick she had to wash my truck I'm afraid I would be walking with a severe limp for quite a while!
Old 2/11/14, 07:27 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I think my dad has washed his truck twice since he got in October...2012.
Old 2/11/14, 07:34 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,627 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
It's a **** truck?
Old 2/11/14, 07:40 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by phiggs54
HA! If I told Mrs Patrick she had to wash my truck I'm afraid I would be walking with a severe limp for quite a while!
He's never "told" me I have to wash it and I have no problem washing it if I get it dirty. I just can never seem to get it done soon enough. It's been a hard winter this year too. Seems we get some kind of bad weather every week and the roads are rough for a few days, so that doesn't leave much time in between weather events for washing.

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Old 2/11/14, 07:53 PM
Post *****

The only thing I ask of Kristy when she uses my truck is to clean up her mess inside. She's horrible at leaving her crap and trash in my truck and hers and it annoys the crap out of me. However I never expect her to wash it.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 2/11/14 at 07:55 PM.
Old 2/11/14, 08:06 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
The only thing I ask of Kristy when she uses my truck is to clean up her mess inside. She's horrible at leaving her crap and trash in my truck and hers and it annoys the crap out of me. However I never expect her to wash it.
That would bug me too. Neither of us is like that. You will never find trash in either of our vehicles. The only things you will find in my car are an umbrella and a microfiber towel on the floor behind my seat.
Old 2/11/14, 08:15 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple

Cut him off.
Old 2/11/14, 11:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Oh, geez. My wife's car is a wreck. I can not stand getting in it when it's like that, and on the rare occasion we have to take it, she spends five minutes cleaning it out before she'll tell me we're ready to go. I guess she's gotten tired of me complaining about the state of her car.
Old 2/11/14, 11:59 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Oh, geez. My wife's car is a wreck. I can not stand getting in it when it's like that, and on the rare occasion we have to take it, she spends five minutes cleaning it out before she'll tell me we're ready to go. I guess she's gotten tired of me complaining about the state of her car.
This!

Haha

So much alike

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast