Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/14, 11:07 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 626 Likes on 451 Posts
Didn't take long for this place to go to **** considering everyone was talking about drinking tonight. Bunch of weak assed pussies. .
Old 2/7/14, 11:12 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Didn't take long for this place to go to **** considering everyone was talking about drinking tonight. Bunch of weak assed pussies. .
I'm still here

And I haven't had a drop
Old 2/7/14, 11:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I'm still here

And I haven't had a drop
That's weak.
Old 2/7/14, 11:27 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Really really want, but my cheap *** won't let me pull the trigger on it yet.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/jetbe..._campaign=body
Old 2/7/14, 11:46 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Really really want, but my cheap *** won't let me pull the trigger on it yet.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/jetbe..._campaign=body
Yeah I don't think I could spend $200 for flashlight. It would have to have a laser at least.
Old 2/8/14, 12:01 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
you have two.
One can never have too many mustangs...just ask Gary.
Originally Posted by svopaul
Miles don't scare me...if maintained they are in better shape mechanically than something that has been sitting. I had a customer buy an 03 Mach 1 with 3,000 miles on it...sat for years...he constantly had electrical problems with it.

Manual

Anyway...here it is....not bad for $2780.00(he gave me $20 back because it had 1/8 of a tank of fuel in it). It came with a set of V6 wheels that I sold tonight for $100...so I'm in it for $2680...
That doesn't look too bad. Miles do scare me though. I'm not a mechanic.
Old 2/8/14, 12:02 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Breathed a sigh of relief for my wallet a few weeks ago (especially for a cheap ****). A few months ago my Exploder XLT 4.0 4wd started making a racket. The faster you got, the louder it got. Sounded like something in a rotating part. A roaring/whining sound. It was mild at first and thought it might be the tires. Rotated them and it didn't help.

Keep in mind, this is the one that has been all over America from end to end, 250K miles. Had to put a Jasper engine in it at 220K, found pieces of timing chain guides in the oil pan by chance when I had an oil leak around the pan and was going to replace the gasket.

Bit the bullet and spent the money on a Jasper engine and everything was fine until this roaring/whining started. Was mild at first, didn't think much of it. But it started getting louder. I got worried.

It sounded like it was coming from the front area (under the front seats or somewhere forward of that) but we all know how deceptive sounds can be. It kept getting louder the more I drove it and I was convinced it was something in the transmission or the front differential/4wd system/transfer case. Never heard a sound like this from any of the multiple Exploders I've had.

I made up my mind that it was something up there since I had already had the wheels off, rotors off, rolled everything, checked everything. It had to be something major, after all, it had 250K+ miles on it by this time.

I decided to cut my losses, I knew a trans, front diff, etc. was going to be expensive so I started looking for a new Exploder even though I had just put a new engine in it 30K miles ago.

Kept driving it thinking the trans or something would let go. It didn't. The sound just got louder, a roaring, whining sound that would drive you crazy and got louder the faster you went. It finally got unbearable on the highway at 70 mph.

Was on the verge of buying a new one and decided to take it up to my buddy that I've been letting do the work on my cars the last few years since I can't get down under them like I used to. Hes the one that put the Jasper engine in it.

He drove it for a day and said he thought it was a wheel bearing. I said no way, I've had it jacked up, rolled the wheels, took them apart, rotors and brakes apart, etc. He said he thought it might be, said he'd put one in it and if that wasn't it he wouldn't charge me anything.

I said go ahead. He put a passenger side wheel bearing in it, its quiet as a mouse fart. Fixed the whole problem. I was ready to get rid of it, and buy a new one. Still driving it closing in on 260K now.
Old 2/8/14, 12:06 AM

Well that's a relief.
Old 2/8/14, 12:06 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Yeah I don't think I could spend $200 for flashlight. It would have to have a laser at least.
You'd understand if you saw the 980 lumen one I have now, it is freakin' awesome. Ask Charlie. Its like horsepower, you just want more. You can't imagine it until you see it in person. This one I have now has been amazing in several situations.

I'm a cheap ****, but that thing is really tempting me. I may wait a bit, It'll probably get cheaper in a few months. But it is bad ****.
Old 2/8/14, 12:10 AM

You'd understand if you saw the 980 lumen one I have now, it is freakin' awesome. Ask Charlie. Its like horsepower, you just want more. You can't imagine it until you see it in person. This one I have now has been amazing in several situations.

I'm a cheap ****, but that thing is really tempting me. I may wait a bit, It'll probably get cheaper in a few months. But it is bad ****.
I got my dad a nice one for christmas and I don't think he's even taken it out of the box. Figures.
Old 2/8/14, 12:19 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I got my dad a nice one for christmas and I don't think he's even taken it out of the box. Figures.

What did you get him?
Old 2/8/14, 12:33 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You'd understand if you saw the 980 lumen one I have now, it is freakin' awesome. Ask Charlie. .
It's like you're turning on the lights at the ballpark - all from your pocket light.

Course Gary couldn't really use it. He has too many houses close to him. They'd all think he was a peeping Gary.

Get that too. I like green better.

Last edited by cdynaco; 2/8/14 at 12:35 AM.
Old 2/8/14, 12:38 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by cdynaco
It's like you're turning on the lights at the ballpark - all from your pocket light.

Course Gary couldn't really use it. He has too many houses close to him. They'd all think he was a peeping Gary.

Get that too. I like green better.
Did you check the link I posted? I'm seriously thinking about it. Its a BAMF. 3300 lumen on high? Oh hell yeah.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 2/8/14 at 12:40 AM.
Old 2/8/14, 12:42 AM
Post *****

Did you check the link I posted? I'm seriously thinking about it. Its a BAMF. 3300 lumen on high? Oh hell yeah.
Geez that thing's a monster! That's actually a decent price considering 3300.

Have you seen the newer 'smart' universal chargers that handle both the 18650's as well as AA? All in the same unit.
Old 2/8/14, 12:44 AM
Post *****

Offer ends Friday February 7, 2014

Sale's over for you. I have 16 minutes of 2.7 left.
Old 2/8/14, 12:47 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Geez that thing's a monster!

Have you seen the newer 'smart' universal chargers that handle both the 18650's as well as AA? All in the same unit.
I've seen some of the AA lights, but I think these lights would eat them up quickly. I think the 18650s would be a better bet right now. The one I linked above will charge the 18650s right in the light, and you can charge others in external chargers.

I could be wrong though. I just think the 18650s are awesome from what I've seen so far with my Jetbeam. Last a long time, charge quickly and don't build up a memory if you don't run them all the way down.
Old 2/8/14, 12:51 AM
Post *****

I've seen some of the AA lights, but I think these lights would eat them up quickly. I think the 18650s would be a better bet right now. The one I linked above will charge the 18650s right in the light, and you can charge others in external chargers.

I could be wrong though. I just think the 18650s are awesome from what I've seen so far with my Jetbeam. Last a long time, charge quickly and don't build up a memory if you don't run them all the way down.
Oh I agree. The 18650's are awesome. And needed for high lumen lights. Mine charges in the light too but only by those stupid USB cords. So I bought a lighter/USB unit so I could charge it in my car if necessary.

But I use AA's for other things so I'm thinking about getting just one charger. Course I've been saying I'm going to get rechargeable AA/AAA's for years and still haven't.

Last edited by cdynaco; 2/8/14 at 01:42 AM.
Old 2/8/14, 12:53 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Offer ends Friday February 7, 2014

Sale's over for you. I have 16 minutes of 2.7 left.
Meh, as fast as the technology of these things is progressing, I figure it will drop quite a bit in the next few months. I'll keep my eye on them. That looks like a good one, its a Jetbeam and I'm thoroughly satisfied with the Jetbeam I have now. Seems to be a good product.

A friend of mine I've known for a long time on another site bought one of those experimental ones recently, I think it was close to 7000 lumens, its basically an HID headlight in a compact alloy tube. I figure that is the next step in the evolution of these lights.
Old 2/8/14, 12:54 AM

What did you get him?
I think it was the jetbeam you posted about a while back. My dad never uses the presents we get him though. Even the ones he asks for.
Old 2/8/14, 12:55 AM
Post *****

Meh, as fast as the technology of these things is progressing, I figure it will drop quite a bit in the next few months. I'll keep my eye on them. That looks like a good one, its a Jetbeam and I'm thoroughly satisfied with the Jetbeam I have now. Seems to be a good product.

A friend of mine I've known for a long time on another site bought one of those experimental ones recently, I think it was close to 7000 lumens, its basically an HID headlight in a compact alloy tube. I figure that is the next step in the evolution of these lights.
I know... They'll probably be $50 bucks by the end of the year. lol

First I've heard of HID flashlights...

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast