Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 8/17/13, 02:42 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Did you see my last post about the light Charlie? That light was recommended to me a long time ago, it just took me a while to get around to it. There are a lot more on the market now, be sure to search around and read reviews before you buy. There might be a much better one out there by now, don't want to mislead you brother.
Old 8/17/13, 02:51 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

So, back to cars. Does anyone else get Hot Rod Magazine? Did you see the feature this month, the '56 Buick built by Troy Trepanier? It is quite possibly the most beautiful hot rod I've ever seen. A true rolling work of art, it just blows my mind the work that went into that thing. To a hillbilly like me, its the equivalent of the Mona Lisa, a true masterpiece.
Old 8/17/13, 02:56 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Yeah, I would give even less of a **** when I'm on the coast if it weren't for the fact that I have neighbors in my condos that know me. If nobody there knew me, I REALLY wouldn't give a fark. But they do, they know us, know the boy, their kids hang out with the boy, etc. and I never know when they will be there and want to go out with us. Don't get me wrong, I still am my hillbilly self when hanging out around there, but I just tend to tamp it down a little. Not because I give a **** about what they think about me, but because their kids hang out with the boy, and because I might decide to sell it at any moment.

I've seen your oldest, and from looking at him I never thought that would be a problem (no offense, he just didn't appear to be the mechanical type from what you've said and the pics you've posted). Not that that's a bad thing, he just didn't seem to be the wrench interested type. Has he changed? I'm sure its possible, its been a while since I've seen him.

No offense, but he seemed to be a little "soft" if you know what I mean (compared to your little guy, he seemed like a wild man). Not really the car type, more the video game, skinny jeans wearing type. Has he finally grown up?
Surprisingly the oldest is pretty good with tools which I wasn't expecting. He's become the neighborhood bicycle and skateboard mechanic for his friends. He's still got a little more toughing up to do but the dude can pretty much do it all. The little one is still a wild man and is down with whatever is going on at the moment. Theres not one thing that he's totally in to like his big brother. They're completely opposite.
Old 8/17/13, 02:57 AM

Must have pissed Al off, sorry man, didn't mean to.
Lol. No man I was preoccupied for a bit.
Old 8/17/13, 03:00 AM

So, back to cars. Does anyone else get Hot Rod Magazine? Did you see the feature this month, the '56 Buick built by Troy Trepanier? It is quite possibly the most beautiful hot rod I've ever seen. A true rolling work of art, it just blows my mind the work that went into that thing. To a hillbilly like me, its the equivalent of the Mona Lisa, a true masterpiece.
I had to search his name because I knew I heard it before. I saw a biscayne he built years back at a show that was unbelievable. That guy is amazing.
Old 8/17/13, 03:13 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Surprisingly the oldest is pretty good with tools which I wasn't expecting. He's become the neighborhood bicycle and skateboard mechanic for his friends. He's still got a little more toughing up to do but the dude can pretty much do it all. The little one is still a wild man and is down with whatever is going on at the moment. Theres not one thing that he's totally in to like his big brother. They're completely opposite.
That's awesome man. They both seem to be really good kids from what you've said and the pics you've posted. You should be proud. Of course the oldest one is about to go crazy if you don't keep a tight rein on him, I think you said he was about to start middle school. Crazy sheet happens at that age.

I had to search his name because I knew I heard it before. I saw a biscayne he built years back at a show that was unbelievable. That guy is amazing.
You really need to pick up a copy of this month's Hot Rod. That freakin' Buick is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. He's the Leonardo di Vinci of our time. That ****ing thing is absolutely amazing. A living, fire breathing, rolling, sculpture. It is off the hook. Its so subtle in appearance but so amazing when you see all of the little details. I love it. God if I ever get rich like Gary I'll have something like that built.
Old 8/17/13, 03:29 AM

That's awesome man. They both seem to be really good kids from what you've said and the pics you've posted. You should be proud. Of course the oldest one is about to go crazy if you don't keep a tight rein on him, I think you said he was about to start middle school. Crazy sheet happens at that age.

You really need to pick up a copy of this month's Hot Rod. That freakin' Buick is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. He's the Leonardo di Vinci of our time. That ****ing thing is absolutely amazing. A living, fire breathing, rolling, sculpture. It is off the hook. Its so subtle in appearance but so amazing when you see all of the little details. I love it. God if I ever get rich like Gary I'll have something like that built.
Like Gary.
I'm willing to bet you got Gary beat. He just spends his because that's what Texans do. Lol
Old 8/17/13, 03:32 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I think the Quadradeuce was when I fell in love with Troy's work. Must have been 25+ years ago. He built a 32' Ford with a potent AWD drivetrain around the GMC Syclone truck. I've got some 35mm pics of it somewhere at a show and drag race event before digital cameras existed.

Love this freakin' thing. I think Summitt racing still has it even though it was supposed to have been auctioned off back in the day. It was one of the fastest ****'s that magazines had tested at the time.

http://www.summitracing.com/expertad...ve-32-roadster
Old 8/17/13, 03:39 AM

See if you can look up that biscayne he built years back. Man that thing was gorgeous.
Old 8/17/13, 03:49 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

See if you can look up that biscayne he built years back. Man that thing was gorgeous.
Yep, just looked up that Biscayne. Its a BAMF, but the current Buick blows it out of the water (IMO). This Buick is mind blowing. The details are amazing. Instead of taking cues from other car builders, he takes cues from off the wall stuff, high end watches, high end furniture builders, architects, etc. That thing is amazing.

And to your previous post, I only wish I was in the same league as a baller like Gary. I'm just a dumb hillbilly.
Old 8/17/13, 04:21 AM

Yep, just looked up that Biscayne. Its a BAMF, but the current Buick blows it out of the water (IMO). This Buick is mind blowing. The details are amazing. Instead of taking cues from other car builders, he takes cues from off the wall stuff, high end watches, high end furniture builders, architects, etc. That thing is amazing.

And to your previous post, I only wish I was in the same league as a baller like Gary. I'm just a dumb hillbilly.
You ain't fooling nobody man. Beverly hillbilly maybe. Lol

You're right it's pretty dang impressive. That guy can make any car fantastic.
http://blogs.hotrod.com/you-rank-it-...#axzz2cDi3gwyt

I saw a 70's Nova(the crappy ones) that he built and its friggen gorgeous too. Gonna have to start checking out more of his work. He seems to enjoy an otherwise boring model and make something special out of them. He doesn't seem to concentrate on the popular bodies.
Old 8/17/13, 07:06 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

For some reason I can never have too many flashlights. And I never have enough batteries for those flashlights.
I have three in my truck, including my cree streamlight from fd. Prob 6 throughout my house along with a good supply of glow sticks and candles, then in my bag I carry for work I have a mini mag and a small Cree tac light that's bright as hell.
Old 8/17/13, 07:09 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Aww @ Lee and als bonding moment in the wee hours of the morning.

Old 8/17/13, 07:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Anyone interested in an all stock 2003 Mach 1 with 28k miles? It's DSG, still has stock brakes and Goodyears. I stopped by my cousin's house and one of his neighbors around the corner came up to talk to me about my GT, come to find out he's built a bunch of street rods and I saw his '50 Merc at Hot August Nights the night before. He said he'd take $10k for it! Original owner, just wants to buy something different for his son. I told him he could probably get more for it, but he just wants it to go to a good home. Sounds like the wife is making him sell one of his toys, and since he's put zero work into that one, he's willing to let it go much cheaper.
Old 8/17/13, 07:29 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Auto or manual? That's a great price!
Old 8/17/13, 07:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
Auto or manual? That's a great price!
Shoot I forgot to ask. I'll stop by today and check. I know. Made me want to make a bad decision haha! It's been garaged most of its life, until the past few months when his '50 and '32 take up that space now.
Old 8/17/13, 07:50 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Wtf did I do to get involved in last nights bromamce?
Old 8/17/13, 10:25 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Off with a buddy going riding... I think I need one to pull behind the truck
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-4168608481.jpg  
Old 8/17/13, 11:38 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Anyone interested in an all stock 2003 Mach 1 with 28k miles? It's DSG, still has stock brakes and Goodyears. I stopped by my cousin's house and one of his neighbors around the corner came up to talk to me about my GT, come to find out he's built a bunch of street rods and I saw his '50 Merc at Hot August Nights the night before. He said he'd take $10k for it! Original owner, just wants to buy something different for his son. I told him he could probably get more for it, but he just wants it to go to a good home. Sounds like the wife is making him sell one of his toys, and since he's put zero work into that one, he's willing to let it go much cheaper.
If I had the money and it weren't so far away, I'd definitely be interested.
Old 8/17/13, 01:47 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you see my last post about the light Charlie? That light was recommended to me a long time ago, it just took me a while to get around to it. There are a lot more on the market now, be sure to search around and read reviews before you buy. There might be a much better one out there by now, don't want to mislead you brother.
I'm glad you recommended it because I've been looking at them but not convinced LED's reached out in the distance. I notice REI has a competing brand but more expensive than the JetBeam for similar lumens. However, the REI only has one 18650 battery - don't know if that affects brightness, 100 yd spotlight ability, or just hours of light. So far JetBeam is the best value from what I've compared.

Does your have the yellow orange peel reflector? One guy on amazon complained his came with a plain one. But he wanted more of a flood than a spot. Don't know anything about reflectors, just want a 100yd spot.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast