Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/13, 10:20 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Thats what I thought man there is a least a $100,000 in the motor and etc. Rusty said they put 3,000 man-hours into it. Well if they charge $100 p/hr there's $300,000 into it!!!

Oh poo-poo so you're getting a little bit of snow!?! Wah-wah-wah!!!
Yeah that bit of snow/ice isnt much for northern states.. but when you get it in the south and not a single city within 100 miles is prepared for such, yeah it causes lots of issues here.
Old 1/17/13, 12:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Scothew
Yeah that bit of snow/ice isnt much for northern states.. but when you get it in the south and not a single city within 100 miles is prepared for such, yeah it causes lots of issues here.
our walmart is already out of bread
Old 1/17/13, 12:11 AM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
More snow again here today, just enough to be annoying though.
Old 1/17/13, 06:04 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by bluethunderhorse
our walmart is already out of bread
Lol I stopped for groceries yesterday and got bread milk and eggs. The cashier was like are you afraid of the weather I said no I'm afraid of starving
Old 1/17/13, 06:08 AM
INKY

Lol I stopped for groceries yesterday and got bread milk and eggs. The cashier was like are you afraid of the weather I said no I'm afraid of starving

Heard on the radio Central MS could have 2-4" by morning
Old 1/17/13, 06:23 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
None here but damm cold. Needs to warm up early today. This sucks!
Old 1/17/13, 06:32 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by Boss 1409

Heard on the radio Central MS could have 2-4" by morning
I saw on the news just a bit ago, Oxford ms only had some on the grass, roads were fine
Old 1/17/13, 06:58 AM
Service Manager

Received 440 Likes on 217 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
If he jumped into someone's car around here, he'd probably be carried out of it with an extra orifice somewhere in his forehead.
No kidding!!! Same here....he'd do it to one car and get blown back out the passenger door!

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Hey Paul,

I need a paint job for the Notch. Got any of those laying around the shop?

I'll pay shipping!
Sure, it's a do it yourself kit....instructions not included and no color choice

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
No paint jobs laying around, but I bet he does have a paint pail or two.
I keep a case of gallon cans, case of quart and case of pint cans....

Originally Posted by 07S197
At the very least a few primer gray rattle cans.
Nope, not a single rattle can of primer....that stuff doesn't work like the stuff I mix

NOAA just went off, now were under a winter storm warning, starting from a line about an hour south of me all the way north. 1-3" of snow possible along with ice. Great, guess i need to pack a bag with me just in case.

Oh well, ill do it when i pour another crown and coke.
Yawn....ain't skeered. NOTHING that hits this area could ever be worse than what I've been through and driven through.....in a 5.0 LX to boot.

ice sucks, snow i can deal with.
Ice does suck....been through a ton of it though. The problem is always the morons with 4WD who think they are invincible

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I can literally be at work in 2 minutes.

1 if I speed!

I can walk in 5 minutes.....30 seconds to drive....15 if I speed

I enjoy the comedy factor of everyone freaking out....they buy a weeks worth of food when the snow is always gone the next day if not within a couple hours

Going to College in Western Maryland I've had my Mustang buried in a 10' drift when we got 6 feet of snow...classes not cancelled and driven through all that...even though they were prepared it was still a huge mess and they couldn't keep up with it. Interstates closed often with blizzard white out conditions....Nothing phases or scares me. I was white knuckled on the Baltimore Beltway years ago trying to get back to Falls Road to the Girlfriends house from Columbia with ice on the roads....watched a car try to pass me, turn sideways next to me and cause a pile up behind me...I just kept going in my 5.0, took it easy and got there with nothing but poor circulation in my fingers...lol...but made it. The people who feel invincible are the ones who cause problems...those with a lick of common sense and are careful do fine.

I saw on the news just a bit ago, Oxford ms only had some on the grass, roads were fine
The roads are too warm here for it to do anything other than maybe slick up some bridges...been above freezing for too long and the ground has enough heat for it to not be much of a problem.
Old 1/17/13, 07:06 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul

Going to College in Western Maryland I've had my Mustang buried in a 10' drift when we got 6 feet of snow...classes not cancelled and driven through all that...even though they were prepared it was still a huge mess and they couldn't keep up with it. Interstates closed often with blizzard white out conditions....Nothing phases or scares me. I was white knuckled on the Baltimore Beltway years ago trying to get back to Falls Road to the Girlfriends house from Columbia with ice on the roads....watched a car try to pass me, turn sideways next to me and cause a pile up behind me...I just kept going in my 5.0, took it easy and got there with nothing but poor circulation in my fingers...lol...but made it. The people who feel invincible are the ones who cause problems...those with a lick of common sense and are careful do fine.
Speaking of Western MD.......hubby is taking me to Deep Creek next weekend
Old 1/17/13, 07:08 AM
INKY

Keeps being annoying here, needs to just snow enough they shut the base down for the day!
Old 1/17/13, 07:48 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Legs hurting this morning after a 6 mile run in 26* weather yesterday. I know...I'm stupid. :P
Old 1/17/13, 07:51 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
Legs hurting this morning after a 6 mile run in 26* weather yesterday. I know...I'm stupid. :P
Never run in freezing weather. And dont plan to.
OUCH!
Old 1/17/13, 07:58 AM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Speaking of Western MD.......hubby is taking me to Deep Creek next weekend

Been there....very nice. It was warm enough when I was there last to rent a boat and spent a few hours out on the lake.

If you are hungry when you pass Frostburg, Duncans Bar and Grill had good Chili....but granted I was a hungry and often drunk college student so my memory might be clouded
Old 1/17/13, 08:09 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 154 Likes on 117 Posts

remember . it`s bama you`re talking about
Attached Images  
Old 1/17/13, 08:20 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
It snowed one morning a couple years ago, on my way to school in the Stang, I passed 5 cars at various points that had slid off the road, couple of them backwards. When I got there, I found out that there was a 10 car pileup on the backroad way to get there. That road is horribly maintained, and terrible to drive when wet, much less with snow.

It's a whole new breed of moron drivers in the south when it snows.
Old 1/17/13, 08:46 AM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by StangMahn
It snowed one morning a couple years ago, on my way to school in the Stang, I passed 5 cars at various points that had slid off the road, couple of them backwards. When I got there, I found out that there was a 10 car pileup on the backroad way to get there. That road is horribly maintained, and terrible to drive when wet, much less with snow.

It's a whole new breed of moron drivers in the south when it snows.
I can tell you from experience that the same breed of morons are in the mid atlantic area
Old 1/17/13, 08:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They're everywhere!!!
Old 1/17/13, 10:11 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
We have them here too. One would think people here would know how to drive in it, but noooooo.
Old 1/17/13, 10:33 AM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by denlem
We have them here too. One would think people here would know how to drive in it, but noooooo.

I think the big difference that I have noticed is that in the south MOST people choose to not go out...except for the dumb rednecks who think it will be fun and just like riding in the mud and the generally stupid people. In the Northeast EVERYONE seems to think they can drive in it
Old 1/17/13, 10:39 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Some guy in a 80's Honda just asked me if my car had that double valve 351 in it.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast