Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/13, 10:39 AM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseygirl
And how many miles is that??
Not nearly enough!

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
2-3k

And the fuel cell is fine

I just had to tighten the gasket on the filler neck

But it will need one sooner than later
Good to hear....I'm still planning on having a duplicate built that won't deteriorate for the R we service at some point.

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
You know, I never even look at that for some reason.

I'm watching Africa, and its amazing. I need to go there one of these days.
I've been...have a half brother that lives in Capetown now...previously lived in Johanisburg. I learned to windsurf there, been to Kruger national park...amazing place.

They won't have to worry about any of that. Obamacare is going to take care of all of that for you for free. Or so a lot of people think.
Yeah, Charlie is lucky he got it done now rather than next year...by then they probably would have deemed him not worthy of the procedure and then confiscated all his property for the betterment of the country.

I can't believe this commercial acting like this is funny. That pisses me off to no end when someone pulls something like that.

302 Found

Ford should make one just like it with a couple coming back to the Edge next to it, wife can't get in, guy pulls out a chain, hooks it to the Kia and drags that piece of **** out into the middle of the parking garage and leaving.
Aside from the Edge owner being a douche for parking that way....if properly parked and that guy in the kia parked that close to me they would need to film a new commercial showing how the Kia had 4 spare tires to replace the ones I had just cut.

Originally Posted by Boss 1409
Staying NA!

Haha, actually looking to do my TrackAttack this summer, hopefully! Pretty decent at driving fast in a straight line on some nice open road though
There are more curves than straight lines

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Well like they say - if you got nothin, you got nothin to lose (so why buy insurance to protect health or assets?)

And in the abomination of communist obamanomics no one is going to have anything of value anyway. Cause either his wretched economy is going to prevent people from accumulating savings - much less personal wealth - or chairman ho is just going to use executive order to steal yo shyt man.

:upsidedownflag:
You've got that right!

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Hey Erich,
Do you have to take a drivers test in Germany to be on the Autobahn? Someone here at work thought that it was required? I don't know these things never been out of the good old USA other than Canada.
I didn't when I was there....but I was only there a few weeks.
Old 1/16/13, 11:18 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
This weather... I didn't move to Seattle did I?? Cold wet and just blah
Old 1/16/13, 11:50 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by HOSS429
i changed it several times thinking it may have been a size problem ....
I think it is Lee that has the size problem. At least he is always commenting on it
Old 1/16/13, 12:05 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
It's been the same here too
Old 1/16/13, 12:17 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple

It's been the same here too
Sucks. I think it's rained off and on for two weeks straight. We are under a flood warning until 9pm on the 18th. I shot this pic yesterday and I am sure by now it's higher. This creek is normally about a foot deep and half this wide. The bridge over it is roughly 20ft above the normal water level, so as of yesterday I'd guess its at 12-15 ft maybe?
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-2583688556.jpg  
Old 1/16/13, 12:25 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
We haven't had as much rain as you, but it's been nasty. Tomorrow they are calling for rain and bits of snow. I think I'll play it safe and drive the 250....just in case.

And I really need new wiper blades but keep forgetting to stop and get some
Old 1/16/13, 01:06 PM
Service Manager

Yeah, I'm about tired of it.
Old 1/16/13, 01:16 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
We haven't had as much rain as you, but it's been nasty. Tomorrow they are calling for rain and bits of snow. I think I'll play it safe and drive the 250....just in case.

And I really need new wiper blades but keep forgetting to stop and get some
Just order on amazon. They're cheaper.
Old 1/16/13, 01:19 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Are you kidding me? After having fall of 11, spring summer fall of 12, to take down a tree in the horse pasture threatening the power lines, you bang on my door this morning when its 5* out with a foot and a half of snow on the ground?? And want me to drop the fence and move the herd so you can fell it?? Seriously???
Moron power company. I thought Warren Buffett was supposed to have a brain.
Old 1/16/13, 01:46 PM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Just order on amazon. They're cheaper.
Are you serious ....you people and your "it's cheaper online"...not always and good luck with warranty or customer service(lack of). Go to Advance or Autozone, they aren't that expensive....are in stock(not waiting for shipping) and they will even install them for you for free! Is Amazon going to come install them for you? Not that it's a big deal but it's this mentality that pisses me off because IT is the reason customer service is often a thing of the past. Americans have become so effing lazy that they don't want to leave the friggin armchair for anything
Old 1/16/13, 01:53 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul
Are you serious ....you people and your "it's cheaper online"...not always and good luck with warranty or customer service(lack of). Go to Advance or Autozone, they aren't that expensive....are in stock(not waiting for shipping) and they will even install them for you for free! Is Amazon going to come install them for you? Not that it's a big deal but it's this mentality that pisses me off because IT is the reason customer service is often a thing of the past. Americans have become so effing lazy that they don't want to leave the friggin armchair for anything
I don't even go to Idiotzone or Advance because the customer service sucks and nobody knows **** about cars for the most part. Some zit faced 17 year old needs to know how many doors and what color my car is before he can find a starter for it on his computer.

I gladly pay more at locally owned parts stores.
Old 1/16/13, 01:55 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
First of all, I don't want anyone from autozone touching my car! It takes two minutes to do it myself. How is that lazy? Plus I have prime so I can get it tomorrow if I want for $3.99 or wait another day and get it shipped for free. And since when does anyone care about warranty or customer service for $10 wiper blades? I hate going to auto parts stores because they're ALWAYS trying to push their generic stuff on me. I don't like having to go into a store to ask for something and then have them try to talk me out of it. I'd rather get what I want and be on my way.
Old 1/16/13, 02:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all, I don't want anyone from autozone touching my car! It takes two minutes to do it myself. How is that lazy? Plus I have prime so I can get it tomorrow if I want for $3.99 or wait another day and get it shipped for free. And since when does anyone care about warranty or customer service for $10 wiper blades? I hate going to auto parts stores because they're ALWAYS trying to push their generic stuff on me. I don't like having to go into a store to ask for something and then have them try to talk me out of it. I'd rather get what I want and be on my way.
they were trying to sell me fuel injected cleaner when I went yesterday, they actually got the guy ahead of me at the register to buy some
Old 1/16/13, 02:29 PM
Service Manager

I don't even go to Idiotzone or Advance because the customer service sucks and nobody knows **** about cars for the most part. Some zit faced 17 year old needs to know how many doors and what color my car is before he can find a starter for it on his computer.

I gladly pay more at locally owned parts stores.
True but even those stores usually have at least one person who knows what they are doing....you can usually tell who it is or just look for the guy that does commercial sales...because those of us who run shops refuse to talk to a 17 year old or anyone without a clue.

I was happy to use the local NAPA until the owner refused to process paperwork on labor claims for a couple of failed parts. I refuse to do business with anyone that won't stand behind their product because I stand behind what I sell/install. I currently use O-Reilly or an Advance local to me that I have a couple of people I trust who have a clue...I often insult other people because I won't talk to them.

Read above....and how is it NOT lazy to order something as simple as wiper blades from Amazon?!? You could walk into a store, pick a pair and install them yourself in minutes....you wait days for Amazon...even a day is being lazy when it's already raining outside which is the only time anyone replaces their blades . It's not just this...it's everything....I've had the pleasure of dealing with a lot of people that bought parts from Amazon or off ebay because it was a "deal" only to look at me puzzled when I tell them I can't help them with any sort of warranty and then later when they come back and say they can't get their ebay seller to help or ***** because they have to pay shipping and go without to get something warrantied.

Who says you have to talk to anyone? WHen they ask "can I help you" you simply say "no thanks" get your stuff and leave....or is MN the center of high pressured parts salespeople?!?
Old 1/16/13, 02:30 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have barret jackson playing in the background but not really paying attention to it. so not motivated to do a dang thing atm.
It was much better when Ron Pratt was there all the time and he would bid crazy numbers. I remember seeing him buy that GM Futurliner for 4.1 million.

I saw him buy a few cars once then tell them to sell them again and buy it back again then have them sell it again all for charity.
Old 1/16/13, 02:32 PM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by shurtual86
they were trying to sell me fuel injected cleaner when I went yesterday, they actually got the guy ahead of me at the register to buy some

Either your area is full of high pressure salespeople or I just have the look about me that says "Shut your pie hole and don't try to sell me ****" because I've never had someone try to upsell me at a parts store...
Old 1/16/13, 02:42 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by shurtual86
And his car was carbureted.
Old 1/16/13, 02:48 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Either your area is full of high pressure salespeople or I just have the look about me that says "Shut your pie hole and don't try to sell me ****" because I've never had someone try to upsell me at a parts store...
I've been told I have that "man with a mission" look. lol
Old 1/16/13, 02:54 PM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I've been told I have that "man with a mission" look. lol
I have been known to walk into a store and just screw with the NewB behind the counter for sport....Like asking for an upper radiator hose for a '69 VW Bug.

On a similar note I just ordered an oil pressure sending unit for a fox and was asked "Coupe or convertible" to which I responded "Are you F'n kidding me?!?" I also once ordered bushings for a '65 Pontiac Tempest and was asked "2 or 4wd?". And if it's my usual parts person that knows me, I get pretty rough on them and they know to expect it.
Old 1/16/13, 03:20 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Great. More effing rain moving in tonight and tomorrow, changing to snow in the afternoon, then temps falling into the low 20s after more than a week of rain. That should be fun.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast