Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 7/16/12, 02:30 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew

LOL besides that. note the face shield.
Melted to hell. I can see his forehead too. Nonono.
Old 7/16/12, 02:38 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Melted to hell. I can see his forehead too. Nonono.
he wanted to be the hero and stay in there as long as he could and get as close as he could. one of the training officers yanked his scrawny butt up by his air pack.
Old 7/16/12, 02:40 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple

Well, I'm sitting here in the office with a sweater on and the thermostat says it's 73 in here, lol. I hate being cold all the time

On a brighter note....treated myself to a pedicure on my lunch break
Rofl "73" that's a perfect temperature.
Old 7/16/12, 02:41 PM

he wanted to be the hero and stay in there as long as he could and get as close as he could. one of the training officers yanked his scrawny butt up by his air pack.
Lmao. Man the last trip to training was the worst. Bunch of newbies kept us in air and on hoses way longer than we should have been. About 15min on air is all I'm gonna do. After that I'm short of breath no matter how much I turn up the regulator. Dunno.
Old 7/16/12, 02:46 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Rofl "73" that's a perfect temperature.
......for you and most other people......not for me
Old 7/16/12, 02:46 PM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Wait, that pudgy soft *** little boy that you posted a pic of taking a bath in the rain thinks hes a ladies man? God I feels sorry for those ladies, especially if he ever convinces one of them to lay down naked with him.

Well Greenhorn went crying on Facebook trying to play victim and his mother came to his defense....UNTIL I busted out the truth at which point his mother lectured him on Facebook

Thinking about giving him a day off if not the rest of the week...
Old 7/16/12, 02:47 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
We just signed Ray Rice for another 5 years
Old 7/16/12, 04:27 PM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not here for an hour and there are three new pages! I'm going to bed.
Old 7/16/12, 04:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
During the summer, the back of my truck is about 150. 3 seconds back there and you're in a pool of sweat and no, ups trucks are not conditioned.
There aint nothing worse then walking in the back of a 40' container or a 53' trailer that has been backing in the sun all day and unloading the whole freaking thing lol
Old 7/16/12, 04:35 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
See where I said "most" and I doubt you're dealing with 150 degree for 6 to 7 hours everyday during summer time and I still said "most"
Maybe you should file a grievance with the union, they'll probably get right on that for you. At least your uniform consists of short pants.

Old 7/16/12, 04:46 PM
Banned

Maybe you should file a grievance with the union, they'll probably get right on that for you. At least your uniform consists of short pants.

The doors are open, so conditioning is kind of pointless and they're brown, not a good color for heat reflection. Lol and some crazy old timers still wear pants and long sleeves.
Old 7/16/12, 05:41 PM

The doors are open, so conditioning is kind of pointless and they're brown, not a good color for heat reflection. Lol and some crazy old timers still wear pants and long sleeves.
Conditioning is not pointless. I run A/C or heat with the top down.
Old 7/16/12, 06:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

You have like 260 A/C, the **** you complaining about
Old 7/16/12, 06:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ford20

You have like 260 A/C, the **** you complaining about
What??
Old 7/16/12, 06:12 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
What??

Duhhh, 2 windows, sixty miles per hour. 260 air conditioning. Damned Kalifornia people.
Old 7/16/12, 06:13 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Duhhh, 2 windows, sixty miles per hour. 260 air conditioning. Damned Kalifornia people.
Thought it was 2 55's
Old 7/16/12, 06:24 PM
Banned

Thought it was 2 55's
Well if that's what he's talking about, it would be 265 but I can't do 65 on residential streets and hot air is hot and doesn't make it cooler when doing 65.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 7/16/12 at 06:25 PM.
Old 7/16/12, 06:30 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Project t67 at the dyno as I type this. Paul (svopauls), John (car owner) abs Doug (formerly of Bamachips) decided to prank me via txt and say 703 first pull. I immediately called John and he just busted out laughing. They haven't even got the car strapped down yet, but well have numbers on the termi powered 67 Shelby soon

Last edited by Scothew; 7/16/12 at 06:31 PM.
Old 7/16/12, 06:50 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Pssssh, I'd give him a tampon and tell him if he's going to come home on the rag he's gonna need a few of these.

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
It was a major *****, but I got it finally. Did not think it would take me this long. Its a really tight fit (shut up).
And how long did it take you?

Bout time you got your nuts off. Glad it was a really tight fit, surprised by that.

I doubt Nathan is drilling any holes. Ever. Definitely not "like father, like son". Nothing wrong with that though, rather for him to stay pure, cheaper for me when it comes to buying **** for grandkids.

Along those lines, I had to do something that I didn't want to do recently.

My 2001 Explorer XLT 4.0 SOHC 4x4 with 215K miles on it had ran flawlessly, never did anything to it other that regular maintenance and a oil pressure sending unit at about 100K developed a very minor oil leak a while back. It was only a small drip (a tiny drop occasionally when you would park it) but I couldn't stand that **** on my car port concrete.

I buy all my parts from a locally owned parts store that has a multibay shop attached to it. They treat me right, stuff may cost a little more, but they know me by name, they back it up, and I can call them anytime for any reason they help me out, make up a part even if its out of warranty, etc. Good business folks, keep the money local.

Since I've gotten more ****ed up physically I can't do as much to cars as I used to, can't get under them, can't get back up, etc., so I'll take stuff to them to fix. I know them, trust them, and they do it reasonably. Good folks, don't bull**** me and shoot me straight. Reasonably enough that it's more economical to let them do it than it is for me to buy parts and do it myself in the shape I'm in.

Back to the Explorer and the minor oil leak. If anyone knows about the 4.0 SOHC, they know it has a 2 piece oil pan. the lower part is shallow and has the plug, the upper part is a structural part of the block, kind of like a girdle. Well, I had been under it and determined that the oil leak was coming from the pan.

So I decided to let them put an oil pan gasket on it. Well they took the lower pan off and when they did they gave me a call and said I needed to come by. I stopped by to look and the pan had big chunks of plastic in it which I found out was the guides (cassettes I think they're called) for the timing chains.

So he told me he could replace all of that stuff (timing chains, guides, etc.) for X amount. Well with that many miles on the engine I thought what if he does and it spins a bearing or breaks a ring or breaks a wrist pin a few thousand miles later so after much discussion I ended up doing this....

It was expensive (4K installed and all hoses, water pump, etc. replaced), but its got a 3 year 100K warranty. Normally I would have just ditched the car and bought another one, but I only gave less than 7K for the car with 70K miles on it and it has been a damned good vehicle. It has been all over the US, up and down the highest peaks and lowest valleys, on Forest Service roads every week, etc. and had just recently had all the suspension pieces replaces. Still solid as a rock, great truck. I figured if it would make it another 100k under warranty on the engine, I still wouldn't have that much in it as far as transportation goes. Then I could get rid of it and get a newer one to replace it.

So I had them put the Jasper engine in it and it was making a valve train noise, similar to what it was making before when the oil leak was to be fixed. I took it back to him and he heard it and said "no problem, I'll take care of it". He pulled the motor back out with only a few thousand miles on it, sent it back to Jasper for another one, reinstalled it and gave it back. Didn't charge me a penny. Said that the oil pressure was what kept the tension on the timing chains and he didn't like what he heard. After sending the first motor back to them, they tested it and said they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

They reimbursed him for all the labor to take it out, reinstall a new one, sent a new motor, etc. and it didn't cost me a dime.

So I give a shout out to Jasper engines, local repair shops that are honest, and basically good folks all around. Can't beat that at all.
Jasper is a great engine company. I know qiute a few guys that have jasper motors in there drag cars

Glad I live near the river, and have a boat.

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
So my lawn boy/brother inlaw has a new job and won't be cutting my grass anymore. As of yesterday my mower is shot. Gotta buy a new mower. This is pissing me off. Really don't like spending money on equipment to do chores with.
Oh i really hate that too. Just like yesterday I had to get 2 rakes and a shovel just to clean up the yard. I am like wtf. The ex has been living in this house for a couple months and couldnt get this crap earlier? Rant over

The pics I promised for David.....

It was delicious.
OMG Lee those look great. Making me wish I had some to grill. Might have to pick some up tomorrow to grill for dinner.

So you're saying that my meat is making your mouth water?

Too bad that's no where big enough to satisfy Mahn

Wait, that pudgy soft *** little boy that you posted a pic of taking a bath in the rain thinks hes a ladies man? God I feels sorry for those ladies, especially if he ever convinces one of them to lay down naked with him.

I'll bet most of you guys don't know what hot is. Try 140+!
Try over 150º and not beign able to get out of the sun on a flightline with pavement all around you?

I have no idea what hot is. none what so ever.

Me neither

Thought it was 2 55's
I could have swore it was 270

Project t67 at the dyno as I type this. Paul (svopauls), John (car owner) abs Doug (formerly of Bamachips) decided to prank me via txt and say 703 first pull. I immediately called John and he just busted out laughing. They haven't even got the car strapped down yet, but well have numbers on the termi powered 67 Shelby soon

Well had an awesome day and tried a new drink. Wish I had some more cuz these were good and got me feeling great after jsut 2 lol

Name:  IMG_20120716_121333-Copy.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  226.0 KB
Old 7/16/12, 06:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well if that's what he's talking about, it would be 265 but I can't do 65 on residential streets and hot air is hot and doesn't make it cooler when doing 65.

Well if thats the case try being in a truck with 2 fat sweaty guys for 10 hours a day in NYC where the speed limit is 30 and you are often stopped. Besides when you actually sweat any breeze even if you are doing 15 feels like you have ac.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast