Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 7/15/12, 02:12 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 1999Pony
Nothing against your nephew, but....

No I don't feel any worse. Ill still call you a ****tard.
Thanks, a ****tard is one of the nicer things I've been called lately.

But, don't mess with my nephew, I'll have to put you on my ****list. And you don't want to be on that list.

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
You just contradicted yourself how many times?
How so? Want to analyze me Dr.Canuck, psychologist PHd?

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Gary has been busting his *** putting a new motor in the Bronco and replacing everything imaginable.
****! You're still ****ing with that thing?

Along those lines, I had to do something that I didn't want to do recently.

My 2001 Explorer XLT 4.0 SOHC 4x4 with 215K miles on it had ran flawlessly, never did anything to it other that regular maintenance and a oil pressure sending unit at about 100K developed a very minor oil leak a while back. It was only a small drip (a tiny drop occasionally when you would park it) but I couldn't stand that **** on my car port concrete.

I buy all my parts from a locally owned parts store that has a multibay shop attached to it. They treat me right, stuff may cost a little more, but they know me by name, they back it up, and I can call them anytime for any reason they help me out, make up a part even if its out of warranty, etc. Good business folks, keep the money local.

Since I've gotten more ****ed up physically I can't do as much to cars as I used to, can't get under them, can't get back up, etc., so I'll take stuff to them to fix. I know them, trust them, and they do it reasonably. Good folks, don't bull**** me and shoot me straight. Reasonably enough that it's more economical to let them do it than it is for me to buy parts and do it myself in the shape I'm in.

Back to the Explorer and the minor oil leak. If anyone knows about the 4.0 SOHC, they know it has a 2 piece oil pan. the lower part is shallow and has the plug, the upper part is a structural part of the block, kind of like a girdle. Well, I had been under it and determined that the oil leak was coming from the pan.

So I decided to let them put an oil pan gasket on it. Well they took the lower pan off and when they did they gave me a call and said I needed to come by. I stopped by to look and the pan had big chunks of plastic in it which I found out was the guides (cassettes I think they're called) for the timing chains.

So he told me he could replace all of that stuff (timing chains, guides, etc.) for X amount. Well with that many miles on the engine I thought what if he does and it spins a bearing or breaks a ring or breaks a wrist pin a few thousand miles later so after much discussion I ended up doing this....

Name:  0bcb0257.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  115.2 KB

It was expensive (4K installed and all hoses, water pump, etc. replaced), but its got a 3 year 100K warranty. Normally I would have just ditched the car and bought another one, but I only gave less than 7K for the car with 70K miles on it and it has been a damned good vehicle. It has been all over the US, up and down the highest peaks and lowest valleys, on Forest Service roads every week, etc. and had just recently had all the suspension pieces replaces. Still solid as a rock, great truck. I figured if it would make it another 100k under warranty on the engine, I still wouldn't have that much in it as far as transportation goes. Then I could get rid of it and get a newer one to replace it.

So I had them put the Jasper engine in it and it was making a valve train noise, similar to what it was making before when the oil leak was to be fixed. I took it back to him and he heard it and said "no problem, I'll take care of it". He pulled the motor back out with only a few thousand miles on it, sent it back to Jasper for another one, reinstalled it and gave it back. Didn't charge me a penny. Said that the oil pressure was what kept the tension on the timing chains and he didn't like what he heard. After sending the first motor back to them, they tested it and said they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

They reimbursed him for all the labor to take it out, reinstall a new one, sent a new motor, etc. and it didn't cost me a dime.

So I give a shout out to Jasper engines, local repair shops that are honest, and basically good folks all around. Can't beat that at all.
Old 7/15/12, 02:19 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

See, here I am again with nobody to talk to. Bastards.

Arin doesn't count.
Old 7/15/12, 03:27 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

But, don't mess with my nephew, I'll have to put you on my ****list. And you don't want to be on that list.

My 2001 Explorer XLT 4.0 SOHC 4x4 with 215K miles on it had ran flawlessly, never did anything to it other that regular maintenance and a oil pressure sending unit at about 100K developed a very minor oil leak a while back. It was only a small drip (a tiny drop occasionally when you would park it) but I couldn't stand that **** on my car port concrete.

I buy all my parts from a locally owned parts store that has a multibay shop attached to it. They treat me right, stuff may cost a little more, but they know me by name, they back it up, and I can call them anytime for any reason they help me out, make up a part even if its out of warranty, etc. Good business folks, keep the money local.

Since I've gotten more ****ed up physically I can't do as much to cars as I used to, can't get under them, can't get back up, etc., so I'll take stuff to them to fix. I know them, trust them, and they do it reasonably. Good folks, don't bull**** me and shoot me straight. Reasonably enough that it's more economical to let them do it than it is for me to buy parts and do it myself in the shape I'm in.

Back to the Explorer and the minor oil leak. If anyone knows about the 4.0 SOHC, they know it has a 2 piece oil pan. the lower part is shallow and has the plug, the upper part is a structural part of the block, kind of like a girdle. Well, I had been under it and determined that the oil leak was coming from the pan.

So I decided to let them put an oil pan gasket on it. Well they took the lower pan off and when they did they gave me a call and said I needed to come by. I stopped by to look and the pan had big chunks of plastic in it which I found out was the guides (cassettes I think they're called) for the timing chains.

So he told me he could replace all of that stuff (timing chains, guides, etc.) for X amount. Well with that many miles on the engine I thought what if he does and it spins a bearing or breaks a ring or breaks a wrist pin a few thousand miles later so after much discussion I ended up doing this....

It was expensive (4K installed and all hoses, water pump, etc. replaced), but its got a 3 year 100K warranty. Normally I would have just ditched the car and bought another one, but I only gave less than 7K for the car with 70K miles on it and it has been a damned good vehicle. It has been all over the US, up and down the highest peaks and lowest valleys, on Forest Service roads every week, etc. and had just recently had all the suspension pieces replaces. Still solid as a rock, great truck. I figured if it would make it another 100k under warranty on the engine, I still wouldn't have that much in it as far as transportation goes. Then I could get rid of it and get a newer one to replace it.

So I had them put the Jasper engine in it and it was making a valve train noise, similar to what it was making before when the oil leak was to be fixed. I took it back to him and he heard it and said "no problem, I'll take care of it". He pulled the motor back out with only a few thousand miles on it, sent it back to Jasper for another one, reinstalled it and gave it back. Didn't charge me a penny. Said that the oil pressure was what kept the tension on the timing chains and he didn't like what he heard. After sending the first motor back to them, they tested it and said they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

They reimbursed him for all the labor to take it out, reinstall a new one, sent a new motor, etc. and it didn't cost me a dime.

So I give a shout out to Jasper engines, local repair shops that are honest, and basically good folks all around. Can't beat that at all.

I'm not messing with your nephew, just you

I wish there were more shops around like that. A lot of shops would try and get an extra buck out of you even if they were getting reimbersed
Old 7/15/12, 03:38 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Just had a home grown ribeye on the grill, with scrambled eggs, grits and biscuits on the side. Pics later today, too tired to upload them now. Goodnight *****es.
Old 7/15/12, 07:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Do you guys ever go to bed?

I seriously need a haircut lol
Old 7/15/12, 08:12 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I tried to read those long post but my attention down made It through the first three lines in each. Morning everyone
Old 7/15/12, 08:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by ford20

I seriously need a haircut lol
Me too lol.

Look at what I caught this morning at work

Last edited by shurtual86; 7/15/12 at 08:20 AM.
Old 7/15/12, 08:22 AM
Service Manager

Received 439 Likes on 216 Posts
Wow....dissapointing that out of all that there wasn't a **** thing to multiquote. You guys are slacking...

Morning everyone
Old 7/15/12, 08:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Couldn't add picture to previous post

The thorax is ruby red, the abdomen is beige, legs a orange with black tips, and has about 1mm long black fangs

Can anybody tell me what kind it is? I'd like to know.
Edit: Its a Woodlouse Spider
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-1883082395.jpg  

Last edited by shurtual86; 7/15/12 at 02:24 PM.
Old 7/15/12, 08:33 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

How friggin cool would this been to see live.
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-2753139264.jpg  
Old 7/15/12, 08:35 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Glad I live near the river, and have a boat.
Attached Images  
Old 7/15/12, 09:03 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

I think that's what they put in my dads truck, only he had to have both the engine and transmisision replaced at 100k miles.

See, here I am again with nobody to talk to. Bastards.

Arin doesn't count.
I need more than 5 hours of sleep.
Originally Posted by shurtual86
Couldn't add picture to previous post

The thorax is ruby red, the abdomen is beige, legs a orange with black tips, and has about 1mm long black fangs

Can anybody tell me what kind it is? I'd like to know.
I never had any fear of spiders until a guy a work started going on and on about brown recluse bites.

Originally Posted by Scothew
How friggin cool would this been to see live.
Would not be fun trying to get out of there!
Old 7/15/12, 09:10 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
I think that's what they put in my dads truck, only he had to have both the engine and transmisision replaced at 100k miles.

I need more than 5 hours of sleep.
I never had any fear of spiders until a guy a work started going on and on about brown recluse bites.

Would not be fun trying to get out of there!
You would be safe from zombies though
Old 7/15/12, 09:25 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Time to vent a sec.

One of the things I love and hate about this state is the college Football. You have two schools here, Alabama and Auburn, both in SEC west and arguably one of the biggest rivalry's in all of football period. Me personally, I am an Auburn fan, we havent had the championships of 'bama, nor the record, but its still a great school, full of loyal fans all across the state and country. Bama is just a big worse. Their fans drive me absolutely insane. I live alot closer to the campus of Alabama than I do Auburn, so predominantly it is UA fans here. I cant seem to go a day without some idiotic thing about Alabama being posted on facebook or texted to me in a group or whatever. And the closer to football season gets to being here, it just compiles in itself and gets that much more pathetic.

I for one like to see both schools do good, that makes the Iron bowl that much better IMO. Keep the SEC and national champ trophies in state so past the iron bowl, ill pull for whomever has a chance at it.

Heres todays prime example.
This is the caption under it "This is the REAL Superman. His name is Nick Saban. ROLL TIDE. WHO IS READY FOR SOME BAMA FOOTBALL?!"

You poor dumb misguided non prioritized rednecks.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Scothew; 7/15/12 at 09:26 AM.
Old 7/15/12, 09:30 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
At least you're not surrounded by LSU fans. I wish we had more than one option.
Old 7/15/12, 09:31 AM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by Scothew
Time to vent a sec.

One of the things I love and hate about this state is the college Football. You have two schools here, Alabama and Auburn, both in SEC west and arguably one of the biggest rivalry's in all of football period. Me personally, I am an Auburn fan, we havent had the championships of 'bama, nor the record, but its still a great school, full of loyal fans all across the state and country. Bama is just a big worse. Their fans drive me absolutely insane. I live alot closer to the campus of Alabama than I do Auburn, so predominantly it is UA fans here. I cant seem to go a day without some idiotic thing about Alabama being posted on facebook or texted to me in a group or whatever. And the closer to football season gets to being here, it just compiles in itself and gets that much more pathetic.

I for one like to see both schools do good, that makes the Iron bowl that much better IMO. Keep the SEC and national champ trophies in state so past the iron bowl, ill pull for whomever has a chance at it.

Heres todays prime example.
This is the caption under it "This is the REAL Superman. His name is Nick Saban. ROLL TIDE. WHO IS READY FOR SOME BAMA FOOTBALL?!"

You poor dumb misguided non prioritized rednecks.
I agree and I am an Alabama fan...just not a rabid one. However I noticed that when auburn went to the championship, bama fans for the most part rooted for them happy the state was represented...on the other end when bama goes to the championship I see the majority of auburn fans suddenly become rabid fans of any team opposing bama....just my observation.
Old 7/15/12, 09:33 AM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
We were...last year all the auburn fans suddenly became lsu fans
Old 7/15/12, 09:34 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by svopaul
I agree and I am an Alabama fan...just not a rabid one. However I noticed that when auburn went to the championship, bama fans for the most part rooted for them happy the state was represented...on the other end when bama goes to the championship I see the majority of auburn fans suddenly become rabid fans of any team opposing bama....just my observation.
Oh i disagree completely. When AU went to the champ, i defriended tons of people on facebook because thats all they knew how to do was bash AU and ***** adn complain about how bama was better. it goes for both sides in this state, there are **** poor fans on both sides of that rivalry and it drives me nuts. ive got friends that I will not talk to during football season because they are such obnoxious bama fans.
Old 7/15/12, 09:36 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
You have options.

mustard or ketchup.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Scothew; 7/15/12 at 09:37 AM.
Old 7/15/12, 09:52 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Well, that explains why it was so easy for you. Firewall was the worst.
I dont think I'm going to buy this, especially since I'm not sure it'll clear what I have in mind for a motor donor in a few years time.

I want someone to entertain me. And screw Gary, hes abandoned us since he ordered another new car. Too big of a baller to associate with peons like us.
those **** aholes with their GT500's!

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I'm so very close to being done. Changed the evaporator coil today and repaired some vac lines and started working on upgrading the rewiring for the battery, starter, alternator, etc. The new engine is in and looks good but I have not started it yet. I'll prime it before I do and then say a prayer to Jesus, Buddha, Allah, and maybe even Tom Cruise if it will help it start and run.
that sounds fun Ricky Bobby!

Just had a home grown ribeye on the grill, with scrambled eggs, grits and biscuits on the side. Pics later today, too tired to upload them now. Goodnight *****es.
Where's mine Lee?

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast