Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 7/18/12, 07:51 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by svopaul

Thank you for your permission Mistress Jill
You're welcome
Old 7/18/12, 07:55 AM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Erich, question for you about vehicles in HI. I think my son found a truck (by owner not dealer) that he likes. Do you know if you have to have them inspected before you can tag and title them? I know they have required inspections over there. Do you remember how often do they have to be done?

I really hate being 5k miles away and not being able to help him. He has one of his buddies and his 1st Sgt helping him out, but I still feel like I need to be in the know.
Inspections have to be done annually. Pretty sure if the inspections is current he won't need to do it prior to registering, if I remember correctly. If there is an issue with it passing there are always a few place on the island where it won't have an issue
Old 7/18/12, 07:56 AM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
The glass wasn't the phones problem, that was butter fingers. Never had issues with mine and chances are something happened where they didn't do something right to have wiped out stuff
Ok, so its too fragile and can't handle a drop ...mine has handled it....

Actually both Ryan and Jason were on the phone with tech support and they admitted it was a fault on their end with a certain style phone...the new update wasn't compatible with the older phone. It's their way of forcing people to constantly buy new phones. Brad Hill can't get his phone updated because they no longer support it and he doesn't want to buy a new one.

I see this with all manufacturers to a degree but Apple seems to be the biggest offender...makes business sense to force people to constantly buy new products but I'd like to get to the end of my 2 year contract before being obsoleted if you know what I mean

You're welcome
Old 7/18/12, 07:57 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who does door to door anymore at all?? There has been alot of scams in the last few years where people will come around and offer these great deals just to case out your house for thier buddies to come back later and rob you.
Couple years back while i still worked at home, a very attractive well dressed probably early 20's blonde came around trying to sell carpet cleaning or something. She tried her best to sale and flirt her way into my house but I never let her on the steps. Funny how her white trash lookin guy in a very run down Chevy panel van parked short of the house so they thought I wouldn't see it. They went by every house in the area that day, and about a moth later there was a few burglaries and I remember the cops looking for a very similar van
This is why I have a full system on the house and its posted. 99.9% of the time they drive right by, really the only ones who come right up to the house are the neighborhood kids selling stuff for the schools.
Old 7/18/12, 08:34 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss 1409
Inspections have to be done annually. Pretty sure if the inspections is current he won't need to do it prior to registering, if I remember correctly. If there is an issue with it passing there are always a few place on the island where it won't have an issue
I guess this one will be due soon then. I see a 9 on the sticker on the bumper. I'm trying to get a rough estimate on taxes and tags for everything and so he will know what to expect to pay at the MVA. He wants to finance as little as possible and has almost $6k saved, but I want him to keep at least $1k in savings....just in case.
Old 7/18/12, 08:39 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
mom's internet at her house sucks. Like, worse than Nathan's sucks. Bottom 1% of the country sucks. So I'm using the wireless at work.

And no, I dont have a real phone, stop teasing me! haha I'll probably get one when I move out, as I'll need access to my email and files and such on the go.
Old 7/18/12, 09:31 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Good morning TMSers.
Old 7/18/12, 09:36 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
nice storm rolling through downtown right now. Thunder, lightning, rain.. bring it on!
Old 7/18/12, 09:37 AM
Service Manager

Received 452 Likes on 224 Posts
nice storm rolling through downtown right now. Thunder, lightning, rain.. bring it on!
The one day I DON'T need it to rain....I've got a couch and some furniture to pick up
Old 7/18/12, 09:46 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Road trip today. First time for Bullitt to see the big city.
Old 7/18/12, 09:47 AM
Post *****

The one day I DON'T need it to rain....I've got a couch and some furniture to pick up
Same here. Was hoping to pick up some sheetrock I've already paid for. But showers this week and my pickup canopy leaks a bit. Don't have time to unload it before I leave.
Old 7/18/12, 09:49 AM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess this one will be due soon then. I see a 9 on the sticker on the bumper. I'm trying to get a rough estimate on taxes and tags for everything and so he will know what to expect to pay at the MVA. He wants to finance as little as possible and has almost $6k saved, but I want him to keep at least $1k in savings....just in case.
Military in Hawaii get tax exempt tags, think it runs $30.
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Good morning TMSers.
What up brother?
Old 7/18/12, 10:39 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Not much man. Me and the boys are going lawnmower shopping today.
Old 7/18/12, 10:47 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Storms are good for business. bham metro area got rocked with a power surge, our phones been going nuts from clients calling in with various issues.
Old 7/18/12, 10:59 AM
Post *****

Storms are good for business. bham metro area got rocked with a power surge, our phones been going nuts from clients calling in with various issues.
Old 7/18/12, 11:08 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Was she alone? Being a woman in this day and age, I would never sell anything door to door. Too many twisted people out there
Who does door to door anymore at all?? There has been alot of scams in the last few years where people will come around and offer these great deals just to case out your house for thier buddies to come back later and rob you.
Couple years back while i still worked at home, a very attractive well dressed probably early 20's blonde came around trying to sell carpet cleaning or something. She tried her best to sale and flirt her way into my house but I never let her on the steps. Funny how her white trash lookin guy in a very run down Chevy panel van parked short of the house so they thought I wouldn't see it. They went by every house in the area that day, and about a moth later there was a few burglaries and I remember the cops looking for a very similar van
Yes, she was alone. Actually the second time they (ADT) have stopped by here in the last few months. After she left I started thinking about the Seinfeld episode where the phone guy comes to Elaine's and she tells him she could have killed him and nobody would ever know.

You know...had you been skinny dipping, that conversation would never have happened. She would have either run off or you would have heard the 70's **** music kick in and probably ended up with a new security system anyway
I actually was, but I keep my trunks laying next to the pool and had just put them back on to walk over and get another beer.

Went to bed early last night and was sleeping really freakin' good. Until about 8:30. All of a sudden BOOOOOOOMMM!!!!! Loudest clap of thunder I've heard in a long time, must have struck real close because it shook the whole house. I was in a deep sleep and it scared the **** out of me. Took a second for my mind to register what the f was going on.

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Road trip today. First time for Bullitt to see the big city.
Good luck Charlie.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 7/18/12 at 11:09 AM.
Old 7/18/12, 11:09 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
The Droid doesn't have the option...already had Scothew trying to figure that one out
Scott couldn't figure it out?? All you have to do is hold down on the post until a menu pops up and you hit select. After you select all the posts you want to quote, you hit the menu button and select multi-quote. It's not hard at all.
Old 7/18/12, 11:11 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

it was sarcasm. I dont wish that on anyone cause frankly i dont want to have to work harder than i do
Old 7/18/12, 11:13 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Scott couldn't figure it out?? All you have to do is hold down on the post until a menu pops up and you hit select. After you select all the posts you want to quote, you hit the menu button and select multi-quote. It's not hard at all.
So let me get this right... you folks with devices pay for calls, + texts, + internet access?

The W has unlimited everything via StraightTalk for $45. But their coverage map for CDMA looks pretty limited. Their GSM has better coverage but doesn't work for android phones.

Am I getting this correct?
Old 7/18/12, 11:32 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

So let me get this right... you folks with devices pay for calls, + texts, + internet access?

The W has unlimited everything via StraightTalk for $45. But their coverage map for CDMA looks pretty limited. Their GSM has better coverage but doesn't work for android phones.

Am I getting this correct?
I get unlimited everything with boost mobile for cheap...45 a month and it goes down $5 every 6 months till it hits for android I believe $35 which is awesome
I get better service with this then when I had at&t

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast