Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 1/11/11, 09:09 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
That's the cool thing about that stadium, the field is on a massive platform they can slide out of the stadium to the parking lot. It's all real grass! Even less reason for them to slip that much, that was pretty messed up

Or a wrist. Found that out in a different ball game, alabama(or arkansas can't remember) guy rolls over a defender after catching the ball and goes to score a touchdown. But nope, turns out because he pushed up off the ground with his wrist, he was down. And by that I mean the back of his hand was on the ground and he used that part of the wrist. BS stuff. Going by that logic the pick that wasn't in the 1st Quarter by an Oregon DB should have been good

Drive more

What's up dirk?? How's things out there? Hopefully quiet for your sake
Oh hell yeah it is quiet on my side of the base. I heard yesterday that the main part of base got hit but not to bad and no injuries.
Old 1/11/11, 09:11 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

Or a wrist. Found that out in a different ball game, alabama(or arkansas can't remember) guy rolls over a defender after catching the ball and goes to score a touchdown. But nope, turns out because he pushed up off the ground with his wrist, he was down. And by that I mean the back of his hand was on the ground and he used that part of the wrist. BS stuff. Going by that logic the pick that wasn't in the 1st Quarter by an Oregon DB should have been good
I saw that game. I thought it was a pro game. Last game of the season and it was the Bucs I think. I was screaming at the TV. "WTF!"

And it was the back of his hand. It was a really cool play. The dude just rolled over the defender and got up and ran. The refs called it a TD on the field. Replay overturned. I knew the forearm would cause you to be down, but I never knew about the back of the hand.
Old 1/11/11, 09:11 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
How is it I get mice in the garage or sometimes even the attic when it gets cold here, yet there it gets even colder and snows AND you lice in the sticks and you don't have them?

Do you leave poison out? A cat?

I don't like leaving poison out because I'm afraid the kids will touch it or worse try to eat it like candy. I put poison cubes out there night before last but I put it under a cabinet where I know the kids can't get to it. Yet those mice have moved the little poison cube almost 5 feet from where it originally was. So it could potentially end up right out in the open.

And traps just don't work here. Snap or glue. The mice jump over the glue traps and ignore the snap traps.
Don't know, I really only have them in the warm months (spring and fall being the worst).

There are a couple of feral cats that roam around the woods, you'll see them crossing the yard at night, or walking on the pool fence, but they scatter as soon as they hear a sound. That probably has a lot to do with it.

Never used the glue traps, the old fashioned snaps work for me. I set them with a hair trigger and bait them with chunky peanut butter. The love that **** to death, literally.
Old 1/11/11, 09:13 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
I have had very good luck with using chunky peanut butter on the snap kind of traps. It seems they go for it every time.
That's what I always used. No luck. Used to use it and it worked. But for some reason it doesn't work with these suckers.
Old 1/11/11, 09:16 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Don't know, I really only have them in the warm months (spring and fall being the worst).

There are a couple of feral cats that roam around the woods, you'll see them crossing the yard at night, or walking on the pool fence, but they scatter as soon as they hear a sound. That probably has a lot to do with it.

Never used the glue traps, the old fashioned snaps work for me. I set them with a hair trigger and bait them with chunky peanut butter. The love that **** to death, literally.
The wife came home at lunch and there was one caught in a glue trap. his back legs and tail were stuck but his front legs were free. He was dragging the trap around the garage trying to get free. She freaked out when she saw it. I had to come home and dispose of the bastard. I hit him with a shovel and threw him in the outside trash.

I have noticed a feral cat out at the new place. Maybe that will help.
Old 1/11/11, 09:17 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

That's what I always used. No luck. Used to use it and it worked. But for some reason it doesn't work with these suckers.
They must be smarter there in Texas then. I cant really remember what else works right off the top of my head at the moment.
Old 1/11/11, 09:25 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

The wife came home at lunch and there was one caught in a glue trap. his back legs and tail were stuck but his front legs were free. He was dragging the trap around the garage trying to get free. She freaked out when she saw it. I had to come home and dispose of the bastard. I hit him with a shovel and threw him in the outside trash.

I have noticed a feral cat out at the new place. Maybe that will help.
There are 3 that I've seen around here, a black long haired, a gray long haired, and a spotted short haired (see it most often). Can't get within 50 feet of any of them and they bolt (my favorite kind of cat).

I never really thought about it until you mentioned it, but it may be because I live out in the sticks that there aren't more. They're gonna go where the food is, and it stands to reason that a sub-division full of houses is going to have more garbage, more pet food out, etc. for them to scavenge.
Old 1/11/11, 09:31 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
good to hear from you dirk!

luckily enough, we dont seem to have a rat issue around here.

gotta go to work at 830 tomorrow, and it's likely that the roads will have re-iced over. that could be interesting.
Old 1/11/11, 09:32 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
There are 3 that I've seen around here, a black long haired, a gray long haired, and a spotted short haired (see it most often). Can't get within 50 feet of any of them and they bolt (my favorite kind of cat).

I never really thought about it until you mentioned it, but it may be because I live out in the sticks that there aren't more. They're gonna go where the food is, and it stands to reason that a sub-division full of houses is going to have more garbage, more pet food out, etc. for them to scavenge.
I guess. After we bought this land (160 acres) we had the brush (huisache and rose hedge) and had it dozered into large piles. One particular pile was quite large and sat for a while. When we finally got out of the drought and the burn ban was lifted we set it ablaze. The rats ran like crazy. There were hundreds in there. And snakes too. Rats will desert not only a sinking ship but also a burning pile of trash. lol

We live at the edge of town. I can take a **** off my property and it would be outside the city limits.
Old 1/11/11, 09:37 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
That's the cool thing about that stadium, the field is on a massive platform they can slide out of the stadium to the parking lot. It's all real grass! Even less reason for them to slip that much, that was pretty messed up
Thats cool and all, and impressive engeneering, but i gotta still ask why.. teh friggin roof opens and theres huge windows on teh sides to let light to the grass.
Old 1/11/11, 10:21 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I love this Polartec shirt I've had on today, but holy crap!! It generates enough static electricity to power a small town. Every thing I touch shocks the hell out of me.
Old 1/11/11, 10:22 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
i friggin' hate snakes, creepy bas*****!
Old 1/11/11, 10:23 PM
Post *****

Where in the heck is Nathan?

And I prefer Gortex. You know. "Big Coat! Big Coat!"
Old 1/11/11, 10:26 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I'm battling mice in the garage.

I hope they don't get into the R. I would die.
Hang a bag of decon on the wall and prepare to find little cold bodies scattered all over the floor.

How is it I get mice in the garage or sometimes even the attic when it gets cold here, yet there it gets even colder and snows AND you lice in the sticks and you don't have them?

Do you leave poison out? A cat?

I don't like leaving poison out because I'm afraid the kids will touch it or worse try to eat it like candy. I put poison cubes out there night before last but I put it under a cabinet where I know the kids can't get to it. Yet those mice have moved the little poison cube almost 5 feet from where it originally was. So it could potentially end up right out in the open.

And traps just don't work here. Snap or glue. The mice jump over the glue traps and ignore the snap traps.
You could try those things you plug in the wall. They've seemed to work for us. Cats work too.

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Well it is looking like I will be home for the whole month of April.

Originally Posted by StangMahn
good to hear from you dirk!

luckily enough, we dont seem to have a rat issue around here.

gotta go to work at 830 tomorrow, and it's likely that the roads will have re-iced over. that could be interesting.
Old 1/11/11, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn
i friggin' hate snakes, creepy bas*****!
+1. Most horrid creatures around!

Where in the heck is Nathan?

And I prefer Gortex. You know. "Big Coat! Big Coat!"
Old 1/11/11, 10:28 PM
Post *****

There he is!

Congrats on your purple mod status Nathan.

You can practice your powers by closing the November MOTM poll thread.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 1/11/11 at 10:29 PM.
Old 1/11/11, 10:31 PM
Post *****

From my new favorite website...

Ballerhouse

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 1/11/11 at 10:33 PM.
Old 1/11/11, 10:32 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Is that why his name is purple??

I was going to say something mean but decided not to after I said that.
Old 1/11/11, 10:36 PM
Post *****

There he is!

Congrats on your purple mod status Nathan.

You can practice your powers by closing the November MOTM poll thread.
Seriously. Do it now! I'm not kidding rookie!
Old 1/11/11, 10:40 PM

I don't think I have any powers. I'm not "trusted".

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast