Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
10.00%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
90.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 3/25/11, 02:43 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I've been doing this six years now. I've got skills.

You got skills alright but I dont they are from driving.

Or thats what I hear anyways

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
So my son is a state finalist for the Ford/AAA Student Auto Skills Competition. There are 20 finalists for our state and it was based on a written test he took. He didn't even want to take the test so after he answered the first 15 questions, he said he just guessed at the answers for the rest and never even read the rest of the questions
Congrats to him. I made it to the state/finals in California my senior year. I aced the written and flopped on the hands on. Got soem cool things for making it that far too.

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Saw this and thought of what happened to Scott recently.....

Wow I would have figured you looked different than that Lee.
Old 3/25/11, 06:21 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 174 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
You got skills alright but I dont they are from driving.

Or thats what I hear anyways

Congrats to him. I made it to the state/finals in California my senior year. I aced the written and flopped on the hands on. Got soem cool things for making it that far too.

Wow I would have figured you looked different than that Lee.
Dirk, did you make it to the Skills USA Competition or this Ford one? They are two different things. He doesn't want to go. He said he doesn't know enough and doesn't want to be embarrassed. I told him he should go, that maybe Ford will give all of the state finalists some goodies This year the car they have for the competition is the 2012 Mustang Premium V6, auto, climate control. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/AutoSkills

Oh, and that's exactly what I pictured Lee to look like
Old 3/25/11, 06:37 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dirk, did you make it to the Skills USA Competition or this Ford one? They are two different things. He doesn't want to go. He said he doesn't know enough and doesn't want to be embarrassed. I told him he should go, that maybe Ford will give all of the state finalists some goodies This year the car they have for the competition is the 2012 Mustang Premium V6, auto, climate control. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/AutoSkills
Skills USA is a great program. I didn't compete when I was in tech school. But I did get to judge the competitions after I graduated, I used to get to bug the cars and then jude one of the stations.

Jill, how far along in his program is he? I bet he would do better than he gives himself credit for. I used to see all types of people come through some would figure it out in a matter of minutes and others would use up all the allotted time.

Last edited by 07S197; 3/25/11 at 06:40 AM.
Old 3/25/11, 06:56 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

He's done with the program. He took Auto Service Tech I the second semester last year and II the first semester this year. He didn't make it into Skills USA. This is strictly a Ford Competition. I don't think his class learned enough. I wish he had the other teacher, they seemed to be doing/learning more than his class.

My stepdaughter made it into Skills USA with her Allied Health class, but they didn't win at the state level. All because they misspelled "hygiene". They could spell all of these medical terms that I wouldn't even begin to spell correctly........and then they misspelled hygiene

Last edited by 08GTCandyApple; 3/25/11 at 06:57 AM.
Old 3/25/11, 08:22 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
I'm cold lol
Old 3/25/11, 08:51 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Originally Posted by ford20
I'm cold lol
Isn't Nathan always cold too? Maybe you can share a Snuggie.

Old 3/25/11, 08:53 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

He's done with the program. He took Auto Service Tech I the second semester last year and II the first semester this year. He didn't make it into Skills USA. This is strictly a Ford Competition. I don't think his class learned enough. I wish he had the other teacher, they seemed to be doing/learning more than his class.

My stepdaughter made it into Skills USA with her Allied Health class, but they didn't win at the state level. All because they misspelled "hygiene". They could spell all of these medical terms that I wouldn't even begin to spell correctly........and then they misspelled hygiene
Oh ok, I dunno why I thought he was already in college. I guess I confused him with your daughter.

What year in school is he? Is he planning on going to a Tech College for Automotive?
Old 3/25/11, 08:53 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by 07S197
Isn't Nathan always cold too? Maybe you can share a Snuggie.

Nahh I don't share too good Ill end up stealing it from him and running lol
Old 3/25/11, 09:14 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by 07S197
Oh ok, I dunno why I thought he was already in college. I guess I confused him with your daughter.

What year in school is he? Is he planning on going to a Tech College for Automotive?
He's a senior and graduates this year. As a matter of fact, I'm ticked that his graduation is during Carlisle's All Ford Nationals, so I'll be missing it yet again!

His plan is Infantry for the Army. He hasn't signed yet, but for the last couple of months he's been getting up at 5 am, Monday - Friday, and meeting his recruiter at the gym to work out. He's trying to get himself to meet the height/weight requirement before he goes to MEPS for the military screenings. At his height, I don't think he will ever meet their weight requirement. He's just too stocky and thick, so they will have to go by his body fat percentage.
Old 3/25/11, 09:43 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Oh, and that's exactly what I pictured Lee to look like
Jill, it was the Ford/AAA Auto Skills Competition. I made it to state and then bombed. So needless to say I didnt make it to the National level. I couldnt even find 1 fault on the car. The cars that we had were the new 1996 Ford Contours. Hence why I will never work or own one. I think he needs to go. It will be a great experience for him. Also I had someone tell me this so I am going to pass it on to him hopefully. When it comes to my work I think it all looks like crap and someone told me " Well you are always your worse critic" I think he is doing the same thing that I do with my work. He might even surprise himself and do really good. If he does go I wish him all the luck.
Old 3/25/11, 09:49 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

So what kind of goodies did you get for going? Was it all Ford related stuff? or tools?
Old 3/25/11, 09:55 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

He's a senior and graduates this year. As a matter of fact, I'm ticked that his graduation is during Carlisle's All Ford Nationals, so I'll be missing it yet again!

His plan is Infantry for the Army. He hasn't signed yet, but for the last couple of months he's been getting up at 5 am, Monday - Friday, and meeting his recruiter at the gym to work out. He's trying to get himself to meet the height/weight requirement before he goes to MEPS for the military screenings. At his height, I don't think he will ever meet their weight requirement. He's just too stocky and thick, so they will have to go by his body fat percentage.
Bummer about the Carlisle Nationals, I would love to go sometime too. Some of the pics people post are great.

I can tell your not crazy about the Army idea, but it will teach him a lot and give him a good education & expierence. He'll do great I'm sure. What makes him want to go down that path? Does you or your husbands family have military ties?
Old 3/25/11, 09:59 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

So what kind of goodies did you get for going? Was it all Ford related stuff? or tools?
Well since I made it to state i got a fender cover and a jacket and some other stuff I cant remember. The jacket and fender cover had the Ford/AAA Auto Skills Competition on them. They were really nice.

EDIT: I believe I even got a name brand multimeter along with a few other things that I cant remember.

Last edited by BoogieNights; 3/25/11 at 10:01 AM.
Old 3/25/11, 10:12 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

My father in law was 30 years in the Air Force. But his decision has nothing to do with that. He has ALWAYS been infatuated with the military, guns, planes, tanks, helicoptors.......all of it. I'm not against it. I just honestly wish he would choose something other than Infantry, but he really wants to be an Army Ranger (which won't be easy). One of his teacher's at school was an Army Ranger, so they have had many conversations about what it's really like. With everything going on in the world these days, as a mother, it just makes me nervous. We just had another soldier from our community killed during his 3rd tour. 25 years old And no sickos from the WBC will be around this time protesting.

Last edited by 08GTCandyApple; 3/25/11 at 10:25 AM.
Old 3/25/11, 11:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 779 Likes on 568 Posts
woooooohoooooooo

friday
Old 3/25/11, 11:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 779 Likes on 568 Posts
Kadner: State may be ready for concealed carry

Phil Kadner pkadner@southtownstar.com | (708) 633-6787 Mar 25, 2011 04:24AM
Illinois is closer to passing a concealed-carry gun law than ever before, according to pro-gun lobbyists and others.
I wish I could tell you in one clear sentence what I think about this idea. But I don’t feel like I fall neatly into the pro-gun or anti-gun camps.
And the more I learn about the proposed law, the more confused I become.
In past columns, I explained how I came to change my anti-gun views.
Two women called me in a period of a week pleading for help. They felt threatened by an ex-husband, in one case, and former boyfriend in another.
The women, who lived in two different south suburbs, each had called their local police departments and been told the same thing. If it was my sister or my mother in your situation, the police said, I would tell them to get a gun.
I confirmed with police that the potential danger to these women was real, that they had contacted police and, although restraining orders had been issued in each case, there was nothing that the police could do for them until something happened.
Listening to the fear in the voices of these women, especially one who had two young children, I decided I could never again in good conscience support gun bans.
Taking that a step further, logic dictates supporting the concealed-carry bill in the state House (H.B. 148), also known as the Family and Personal Protection Act.
Forty-eight of the 50 states have concealed-carry laws. The exceptions are Illinois and Wisconsin, and Wisconsin apparently has open carry.
That would seem to mean that you can wear a holster on your waist with a gun in it, so long as your jacket didn’t hide the weapon.
But the law prohibits anyone from carrying a gun in such a manner that it would reasonably “alarm” or “terrify” another person. And you can’t carry a loaded firearm on the seat next to you in a car.
So open carry isn’t as open as it sounds.
Orland Park Police Chief Timothy McCarthy, a former Secret Service agent shot in the line of duty while protecting President Ronald Reagan, said he is against the concealed-carry law. He said it has nothing to do with being a shooting victim, but everything to do with the proliferation of guns.
“You won’t be able to carry guns into schools, courtrooms, or village board meetings or the state Capitol or any place that sells liquor, and I’m sure you won’t be allowed to have guns in sports stadiums,” McCarthy said.
“So what are people going to do with their guns if this bill is passed? They’re going to have to leave them in their cars, and I don’t think that’s the best place to store a loaded weapon. We’re going to see more reports of stolen guns from cars.
“Also, as a police officer, I’m concerned about people having guns in their cars when police officers make what appears to be a routine traffic stop.
“I understand there are statistics that suggest crime goes down in states with concealed-carry laws, but I have conflicting thoughts about this and my primary thought is that anything we can do to limit the proliferation of guns is a good thing.”
Richard Pearson, executive director of the Illinois Rifle Association, said crime against the elderly dropped 75 percent in Florida after it passed concealed carry.
He noted that the Illinois law would require FBI background checks and fingerprint checks and for county sheriffs to approve all concealed-carry permits.
“We’re still working on fine-tuning the bill,” Pearson said when I asked him about its chance of passing, “and nobody can say what the Illinois Legislature is going to do.”
Yet, the association has listed Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan (D-Chicago) as a likely “yes” vote on the bill.
“He might possibly vote ‘yes,’ but I don’t know how he will vote,” Pearson said.
“I expect Madigan to call for a super-majority vote to pass the bill,” he added, when I asked if the measure would require such support because some of its provisions would negate the home-rule authority of municipalities.
So Madigan may support the bill but make it almost impossible for it to pass.
“Chicago opposes this bill,” Pearson said. “And this is the state of Illinois, so I’m making no predictions.”
A person seeking a concealed-carry permit would have to go through a weapons training class, complete a written exam and demonstrate proficiency in marksmanship.
McCarthy questioned whether the eight hours of training would be sufficient.
People are allowed to have guns in their homes now, however, without any training.
The law as written prohibits ordinary folks from carrying guns into any meeting of the Legislature, but lawmakers and “registered lobbyists” with permits could do so.
If lawmakers really believe concealed carry makes the state safer, why don’t they trust us with guns in the Capitol?
Old 3/25/11, 01:47 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Congrats to him. I made it to the state/finals in California my senior year. I aced the written and flopped on the hands on.
Wait a minute... and they let you work on helicopters??

Old 3/25/11, 01:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
woooooohoooooooo

friday
+1 &2 &3
Old 3/25/11, 02:12 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 619 Likes on 445 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Wait a minute... and they let you work on helicopters??

That's what I was thinking, lol. At least were not flying on them
Old 3/25/11, 02:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 619 Likes on 445 Posts
Sounds like one hell of night.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast