Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 5/14/10, 12:20 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Congrats Sean! I don't remember you saying anything about a bamboo place before though....
He's gonna raise some cane.
Old 5/14/10, 12:24 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
That's power switches for accessories.

You have to add the accessories. But some will use them for fog lights. A winch. A compressor. Stuff like that.
Or neons.

Old 5/14/10, 12:26 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Most amazing thing about the Raptor so far: The complete lack of tire noise at highway speed. Anyone who has ever driven a truck with 35" AT tires can attest, you expect a little whining or whirring. This has nothing. Not even with the windows down could I hear it.

My favorite thing about the truck: The exhaust note. At start up. At idle. At acceleration. I'm surprised its as deep and loud as it is. It really has a noticeable rumble inside the truck.

Coolest thing about the truck: The SVT gauges at night when they do their sweep at startup. Wicked evil cool.

My only disappointment so far: Second gear. Maybe it needs to be broke in or there's some kind of learning curve on teh tranny module, but first takes off like a rocket, second just seems to kind of shift and there's only moderate acceleration, then when you start shifting into the other gears there's noticeable acceleration again. I haven't floored it yet as I'm trying to get it past a couple of hundred miles before I really open her up.
Don't get me wrong. It accelerates like a bat out of hell for a 3 ton truck, but 2nd seems to be a little less lively than the rest.

It's bigger than it looks. I think its the tires. You look at it from far away and it looks kind of smallish because you are picturing normal tires in your mind so its like you also picture a smaller vehicle on those tires. But when you get close to it you realize this things big for a half ton. Inside it feels big. I really like the super cab and would not have gotten a crew cab if they had it. This cab is perfect for this truck. I love the shorter wheelbase. It turns on a dime compared to my old super crew.
Forget all of that. How many cup holders does it have, and how well do they work?

Old 5/14/10, 12:31 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
4 cupholders. The first one had an ash tray type thing in it. That'll go in the trash. Does anyone still smoke now adays?
Old 5/14/10, 12:34 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

4 cupholders. The first one had an ash tray type thing in it. That'll go in the trash. Does anyone still smoke now adays?
Yes. But not in my cars, or my house, or in front of kids, or around anyone that doesn't smoke.
Old 5/14/10, 12:37 AM
Post *****

Really? You smoke? I never would have guessed that.

Hey I smoked for 18 years. I'm not a smoke **** by any means. It doesn't bother me except in restaurants, and they're all smoke free here.

I stopped because I was tired of the kids nagging me and because I refused to pay those **** taxes anymore.
Old 5/14/10, 12:42 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smoker here. I dont smoke in the house rarely when I am driving(but only when I am by myself)
Old 5/14/10, 12:48 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Hey I smoked for 18 years. I'm not a smoke **** by any means. It doesn't bother me except in restaurants, and they're all smoke free here.

I stopped because I was tired of the kids nagging me and because I refused to pay those **** taxes anymore.
I honestly can't even remember the last time I smoked inside anywhere, its been many years. Always outside, which means I tend to smoke more in the summer because being outside more is like a trigger since I am so accustomed to lighting up as soon as I go out. During the winter I freeze my *** off when I go out, so I tend to smoke much less.
Old 5/14/10, 12:50 AM
Post *****

Wintertime outdoor cigarettes is one of my favorites.

That and the cigarette with a beer. I had to start drinking alot less after giving up smoking.
Old 5/14/10, 12:56 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I honestly can't even remember the last time I smoked inside anywhere, its been many years. Always outside, which means I tend to smoke more in the summer because being outside more is like a trigger since I am so accustomed to lighting up as soon as I go out. During the winter I freeze my *** off when I go out, so I tend to smoke much less.
I know the feeling. I have never smoked indoors unless I was at someones house that smoked inside their house. It is hard to break some habits that you are accustomed to when smoking. Right now I am actually trying to at least cut back on my smoking intake.
Old 5/14/10, 01:01 AM
Post *****

non smoker here.

But I remember after school in hs, grabbing the dirt bike with a bunch of friends and racing, then building a camp fire and smokin til having to go home for dinner. Quit prob at 22 or 23.
Old 5/14/10, 01:08 AM
Post *****

LOL just caught this:

BEIJING (AP) — Chinese scientists say they have found a way for the countless cigarette butts that are tossed every day on streets, beaches and other public places to be reused — in protecting steel pipes from rusting.
The remnants of used cigarettes, among the world's most common form of trash, leak chemicals that have been shown to kill fish and damage the environment. The problem could be alleviated if new uses are found for the cigarette butts.
Old 5/14/10, 01:16 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Originally Posted by cdynaco
LOL just caught this:

BEIJING (AP) — Chinese scientists say they have found a way for the countless cigarette butts that are tossed every day on streets, beaches and other public places to be reused — in protecting steel pipes from rusting.
The remnants of used cigarettes, among the world's most common form of trash, leak chemicals that have been shown to kill fish and damage the environment. The problem could be alleviated if new uses are found for the cigarette butts.
Wow that is crazy. Makes you wonder how they would get all those used cigarette butts picked up and shipped to the place that would manufacture this stuff
Old 5/14/10, 05:52 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Jason. It's just been such a busy day. I just took the wife for a drive finally so everyone's had a ride and I can get some sleep.

I'm so proud to finally have my SVT vehicle. It's already dirty. I took my mom and my wife down a 1/2 mile dirt road we have at 60mph in the dark dodging deer already.

Everyone should at least drive one of these things once. It's gotta be as close as you can get to driving a trophy truck thats street legal too.
Or it didn't happen......

How long ago did you quit? My father finnaly quit about 2.5 years ago.
Old 5/14/10, 06:24 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 201 Likes on 131 Posts
The Raptor is home.

I haven't been able to drive it much, and I haven't even been able to get it on a freeway yet. The exhaust is so incredibly awesome for a stock vehicle. There is no replacement for displacement.

It's the single greatest feat of Ford engineering I have ever driven.
Congrats again, Gary! Now you need to update your profile with your Raptor info. And I wish diesel was only $2.99 here. Cheapest I've found is $3.09
Old 5/14/10, 09:08 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Congrats again, Gary! Now you need to update your profile with your Raptor info. And I wish diesel was only $2.99 here. Cheapest I've found is $3.09

3.39D here. at the cheap place.
Which means the farmers are paying that. Which means hay prices will suck again.

btw, keep in mind that short guy filling the tank has a Texas drawl.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/14/10 at 09:14 AM.
Old 5/14/10, 09:10 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

I wish it was like the old days where diesel was cheaper than gas since they dont have to refine it as much
Old 5/14/10, 09:19 AM
Post *****

right! what a croc. thought distillates were the by product for all the gasoline the US uses. Now they really stick you for dsl - and heating oil/kerosene.

I remember when gas broke $4 in 08, dsl was over $5.
Old 5/14/10, 09:33 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Yeppers. Just a couple years ago I remember getting diesel for over 5 bucks a gallon.

I guess they figure that diesel was cheaper a lot of people bought diesel vehicles so they had to do something to make even more money than what they were.
Old 5/14/10, 09:45 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer