Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/10, 07:35 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Sorry Diana.
Old 5/13/10, 07:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I like how you use the same model always in stuff Gary ! Good dealerships always fill it up first tank I got a couple out of them and not priemium either cheap'os
Old 5/13/10, 07:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by zhovkva89
...all i can say is worst birthday ever...
What ? Not back home either way I as well am sorry to here I didn't win big to buy you a car yet .
Old 5/13/10, 08:57 PM
Post *****

Well after the great day I had I've got some bad news. The wheels for the Bronco showed up in my driveway and the first box I opened is damaged. Not bad, but its right on the edge of the wheel and its unacceptable. I didn't even bother opening the other boxes. That sucks.
Old 5/13/10, 09:46 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I couldn't resist. I was bored!

Don't even think about it!
Told ya you couldnt stay out of there

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Great news!! I got the job at the bamboo place!! 12.50 an hour, 8 hours a week, make my own schedule. Add that to the farm and I'll be pullin' in a great income for my standards, most I've ever made!!

And bad news, Theresa is pissed again. Flaked on her, she's mad. Even though I told her ahead of time "if I don't get out of the interview in time, I'm not gonna come over, spend 20 minutes with you, and then we have to leave to get to the school for a band concert." And we were supposed to hang out saturday night, but my parents saw my progress report, so I couldn't go. And she got pissed for that too. **** women. Gettin' mad over stuff I can't control. I'm probably on thin ice, but quite honestly, it kinda doesn't matter too much me. I like her and all, but ****, I'm not spending every free moment with her! I have a life too

Congrats on the new job

As far as the other I think everything will blow over and you guys will be good. She will realize that you will have things going on too. You did give her warning so to me she really doesnt have anything except for the progress report issue to be mad at you about.
Old 5/13/10, 09:51 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Well after the great day I had I've got some bad news. The wheels for the Bronco showed up in my driveway and the first box I opened is damaged. Not bad, but its right on the edge of the wheel and its unacceptable. I didn't even bother opening the other boxes. That sucks.
That sucks Gary. Hopefully you can get a replacement fast!
Old 5/13/10, 10:35 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Raptor is home.

It's been a busy, busy day. I finally got off work around 4:30 to go pick it up.

Here's a photo of it when I found out it was in at lunch time.

It was raining a little bit outside when I went to pick it up. So they pulled it into the showroom before I got there. I'm amazed it fit through the door!

And here I am making my salesman, David, fill up the tank with gas.

I haven't been able to drive it much, and I haven't even been able to get it on a freeway yet. The exhaust is so incredibly awesome for a stock vehicle. There is no replacement for displacement.

It's the single greatest feat of Ford engineering I have ever driven.
I've been searching for this post all day Gary lol!! (thanks Nathan)

Congrats!!! finally something exciting here other than the paranoid noobs in the '10+ section

Freaking awesome truck!!!

Old 5/13/10, 11:13 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
I've been searching for this post all day Gary lol!! (thanks Nathan)

Congrats!!! finally something exciting here other than the paranoid noobs in the '10+ section

Freaking awesome truck!!!

Thanks Jason. It's just been such a busy day. I just took the wife for a drive finally so everyone's had a ride and I can get some sleep.

I'm so proud to finally have my SVT vehicle. It's already dirty. I took my mom and my wife down a 1/2 mile dirt road we have at 60mph in the dark dodging deer already. anic:

Everyone should at least drive one of these things once. It's gotta be as close as you can get to driving a trophy truck thats street legal too.
Old 5/13/10, 11:15 PM
Post *****

That sucks Gary. Hopefully you can get a replacement fast!

Well I opened the other four and they were all perfect. So at least I have four good ones. I doubt I'll even get tires mounted before the replacement arrives anyway. I guess 4 out of 5 ain't bad.

The wheels look great. They're really gonna improve the Bronco.
Old 5/13/10, 11:44 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Jason. It's just been such a busy day. I just took the wife for a drive finally so everyone's had a ride and I can get some sleep.

I'm so proud to finally have my SVT vehicle. It's already dirty. I took my mom and my wife down a 1/2 mile dirt road we have at 60mph in the dark dodging deer already. anic:

Everyone should at least drive one of these things once. It's gotta be as close as you can get to driving a trophy truck thats street legal too.
60 mph in the dark in the dirt sounds insane! Insane fun that is!!! Man I'm jealous, but happy for ya Gary

Hey! That truck's alright! High-five.
Old 5/14/10, 12:06 AM
Post *****

Most amazing thing about the Raptor so far: The complete lack of tire noise at highway speed. Anyone who has ever driven a truck with 35" AT tires can attest, you expect a little whining or whirring. This has nothing. Not even with the windows down could I hear it.

My favorite thing about the truck: The exhaust note. At start up. At idle. At acceleration. I'm surprised its as deep and loud as it is. It really has a noticeable rumble inside the truck.

Coolest thing about the truck: The SVT gauges at night when they do their sweep at startup. Wicked evil cool.

My only disappointment so far: Second gear. Maybe it needs to be broke in or there's some kind of learning curve on teh tranny module, but first takes off like a rocket, second just seems to kind of shift and there's only moderate acceleration, then when you start shifting into the other gears there's noticeable acceleration again. I haven't floored it yet as I'm trying to get it past a couple of hundred miles before I really open her up.
Don't get me wrong. It accelerates like a bat out of hell for a 3 ton truck, but 2nd seems to be a little less lively than the rest.

It's bigger than it looks. I think its the tires. You look at it from far away and it looks kind of smallish because you are picturing normal tires in your mind so its like you also picture a smaller vehicle on those tires. But when you get close to it you realize this things big for a half ton. Inside it feels big. I really like the super cab and would not have gotten a crew cab if they had it. This cab is perfect for this truck. I love the shorter wheelbase. It turns on a dime compared to my old super crew.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 5/14/10 at 12:11 AM.
Old 5/14/10, 12:08 AM

We want some video now too. Maybe I'll try to find one around here to test drive. Putting it on my list right below the 5.0.
Old 5/14/10, 12:09 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

I'm so proud to finally have my SVT vehicle. It's already dirty. I took my mom and my wife down a 1/2 mile dirt road we have at 60mph in the dark dodging deer already.
Trying to get that bun out of the oven sooner eh??

So when is the tour across the U.S. to visit everybody on MCTC so that we can drive a Raptor at least once??
Old 5/14/10, 12:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Got an A- in one of my classes! First A at the U. Had an A in my one PSEO class too, but that doesn't really count. Still waiting on the rest...
Congrats Nathan! Hope you did well on the other classes too.
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Great news!! I got the job at the bamboo place!! 12.50 an hour, 8 hours a week, make my own schedule. Add that to the farm and I'll be pullin' in a great income for my standards, most I've ever made!!

And bad news, Theresa is pissed again. Flaked on her, she's mad. Even though I told her ahead of time "if I don't get out of the interview in time, I'm not gonna come over, spend 20 minutes with you, and then we have to leave to get to the school for a band concert." And we were supposed to hang out saturday night, but my parents saw my progress report, so I couldn't go. And she got pissed for that too. **** women. Gettin' mad over stuff I can't control. I'm probably on thin ice, but quite honestly, it kinda doesn't matter too much me. I like her and all, but ****, I'm not spending every free moment with her! I have a life too
That's great news Sean Congrats on the job.
The Raptor is home.

It's been a busy, busy day. I finally got off work around 4:30 to go pick it up.

Here's a photo of it when I found out it was in at lunch time.

It was raining a little bit outside when I went to pick it up. So they pulled it into the showroom before I got there. I'm amazed it fit through the door!

And here I am making my salesman, David, fill up the tank with gas.

I haven't been able to drive it much, and I haven't even been able to get it on a freeway yet. The exhaust is so incredibly awesome for a stock vehicle. There is no replacement for displacement.

It's the single greatest feat of Ford engineering I have ever driven.

That sucks about the damaged rim Gary. But what the hell, you got the Raptor!
Old 5/14/10, 12:12 AM

Only one I could find. Only a 5.4, but it's used so maybe they'll be a little more happy to let someone drive it. Should talk my dad into trading in his dumb GMC.
Old 5/14/10, 12:13 AM
Post *****

Only one I could find. Only a 5.4, but it's used so maybe they'll be a little more happy to let someone drive it. Should talk my dad into trading in his dumb GMC.
I like that color!
Old 5/14/10, 12:16 AM

Of course you do. So what do the four(?) switches on the front of the center console do? I never did find out.
Old 5/14/10, 12:18 AM
Post *****

Of course you do. So what do the four(?) switches on the front of the center console do? I never did find out.
That's power switches for accessories.

You have to add the accessories. But some will use them for fog lights. A winch. A compressor. Stuff like that.
Old 5/14/10, 12:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Looks good
Old 5/14/10, 12:19 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

That color is

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast