Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 5/14/10, 09:55 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 07S197
Or it didn't happen......

How long ago did you quit? My father finnaly quit about 2.5 years ago.
I quit on 7/7/07...the day I bought Seven.

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Congrats again, Gary! Now you need to update your profile with your Raptor info. And I wish diesel was only $2.99 here. Cheapest I've found is $3.09
I do. And gas and diesel should always be cheaper in Texas, I live within 100 miles of 50% of the refining capacity of the US.

Originally Posted by cdynaco
3.39D here. at the cheap place.
Which means the farmers are paying that. Which means hay prices will suck again.

btw, keep in mind that short guy filling the tank has a Texas drawl.
That dude is 70 he told me yesterday. He's been selling Fords for 39 years. He has a huge customer base. While I made my deal with the general manager I made sure David got the sales credit. He is definitely old school.

Since the dealer doesn't do loaners anymore, he'll let me use his own dealer demo while my truck is in for the day. He also makes sure everything I have repaired goes to the front of the line.

He's a good guy. He knows I'm not ****ing around when I go look at vehicle.

I always tell him its the last vehicle I'll ever buy, and he just smiles every time.
Old 5/14/10, 10:50 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Diesel is between $3.05 and $3.16 here. Gas is $2.80.
Old 5/14/10, 11:00 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 187 Likes on 125 Posts
Hopefully the price of diesel will come down. My husband is making me drive his a couple of days a week, but if he thinks I'm filling the tank, he's mistaken. Mine gets much better gas mileage and I'm perfectly happy driving my car 7 days a week
Old 5/14/10, 11:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Dirk Sully
has a tale
Old 5/14/10, 11:34 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well the wife has been complaining about stomach pain for a few days now and so I made her go into the ER yesterday. Come to find out she has one of the most severe cases of colitis. They admitted her into the hospital and say that she will more than likely be there thru Monday. They have her on morphine and Demeral to ease the pain. They are also treating a chest cold that she has at the same time. She is not allowed to eat or drink till tommorrow at least. I am talking to her as I am writing this. She can be soo stubborn at times.
Old 5/14/10, 11:35 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Dirk Sully
has a tale
???????
Old 5/14/10, 11:59 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Well the wife has been complaining about stomach pain for a few days now and so I made her go into the ER yesterday. Come to find out she has one of the most severe cases of colitis. They admitted her into the hospital and say that she will more than likely be there thru Monday. They have her on morphine and Demeral to ease the pain. They are also treating a chest cold that she has at the same time. She is not allowed to eat or drink till tommorrow at least. I am talking to her as I am writing this. She can be soo stubborn at times.
hope she will be ok...
Old 5/14/10, 12:27 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

She is hating but loving life right now.
Old 5/14/10, 12:49 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

I always tell him its the last vehicle I'll ever buy, and he just smiles every time.
LOL

I remember when I was first learning sales (tools, contractor supplies, etc.), my trainer would go thru his accounts and call this one guy Andy on the phone, crusty old Andy, would always go into this rant about "I'm overstocked, business is bad, your tool broke", (my trainer would look over with a smile), Andy keeps raggin' "yada yada yada" .... and then a brief pause.... "whataya got?"

And buy $4-500+ of stuff!

Its was like that every time every month. He was a crack up. LOLOL

"Whataya got" became the tagline/code word greeting with the staff for years after. You'd see a buddy at the bar and it'd be "whataya got" instead of how ya doin'.

I learned to like crusty ol buyers. Sort of like Gary.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/14/10 at 01:03 PM.
Old 5/14/10, 01:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

???????
From the movie Avatar character Jake Sully the girl would say ' I see you'
Old 5/14/10, 02:26 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by cdynaco
LOL

I remember when I was first learning sales (tools, contractor supplies, etc.), my trainer would go thru his accounts and call this one guy Andy on the phone, crusty old Andy, would always go into this rant about "I'm overstocked, business is bad, your tool broke", (my trainer would look over with a smile), Andy keeps raggin' "yada yada yada" .... and then a brief pause.... "whataya got?"

And buy $4-500+ of stuff!

Its was like that every time every month. He was a crack up. LOLOL

"Whataya got" became the tagline/code word greeting with the staff for years after. You'd see a buddy at the bar and it'd be "whataya got" instead of how ya doin'.

I learned to like crusty ol buyers. Sort of like Gary.
That's a good story Charlie. I like that.
Old 5/14/10, 02:47 PM

Hope shes better soon Dirk!!
Old 5/14/10, 02:57 PM
Post *****

Me too Dirk. Hope she gets better soon.
Old 5/14/10, 03:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thought this was funny

Old 5/14/10, 05:24 PM

Termi.
Old 5/14/10, 05:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by bluethunderhorse
Thought this was funny

KNEAL SUCKERS Mustang

Cameros
Old 5/14/10, 06:37 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Congrats Sean! I don't remember you saying anything about a bamboo place before though....
I didn't have time to. I heard about it and landed it real quick So now, things I haven't shared with MCTC are... about the truck before I got it, and now this job.

I should leave you guys outta the loop more often
The Raptor is home.

It's been a busy, busy day. I finally got off work around 4:30 to go pick it up.

Here's a photo of it when I found out it was in at lunch time.

It was raining a little bit outside when I went to pick it up. So they pulled it into the showroom before I got there. I'm amazed it fit through the door!

And here I am making my salesman, David, fill up the tank with gas.

I haven't been able to drive it much, and I haven't even been able to get it on a freeway yet. The exhaust is so incredibly awesome for a stock vehicle. There is no replacement for displacement.

It's the single greatest feat of Ford engineering I have ever driven.
SWEET!!!!!!
Well after the great day I had I've got some bad news. The wheels for the Bronco showed up in my driveway and the first box I opened is damaged. Not bad, but its right on the edge of the wheel and its unacceptable. I didn't even bother opening the other boxes. That sucks.
That really sucks At least the other 4 were good so it's still driveable

Are those stockers 15s or 16s?
Told ya you couldnt stay out of there

Congrats on the new job

As far as the other I think everything will blow over and you guys will be good. She will realize that you will have things going on too. You did give her warning so to me she really doesnt have anything except for the progress report issue to be mad at you about.
Thanks!

Hopefully. Apparently the problem came from this statement - "It's just not worth it for me to drive all the way out there, just to have to turn around and bring us back to the school 20 minutes later."

Most amazing thing about the Raptor so far: The complete lack of tire noise at highway speed. Anyone who has ever driven a truck with 35" AT tires can attest, you expect a little whining or whirring. This has nothing. Not even with the windows down could I hear it.

My favorite thing about the truck: The exhaust note. At start up. At idle. At acceleration. I'm surprised its as deep and loud as it is. It really has a noticeable rumble inside the truck.

Coolest thing about the truck: The SVT gauges at night when they do their sweep at startup. Wicked evil cool.

My only disappointment so far: Second gear. Maybe it needs to be broke in or there's some kind of learning curve on teh tranny module, but first takes off like a rocket, second just seems to kind of shift and there's only moderate acceleration, then when you start shifting into the other gears there's noticeable acceleration again. I haven't floored it yet as I'm trying to get it past a couple of hundred miles before I really open her up.
Don't get me wrong. It accelerates like a bat out of hell for a 3 ton truck, but 2nd seems to be a little less lively than the rest.

It's bigger than it looks. I think its the tires. You look at it from far away and it looks kind of smallish because you are picturing normal tires in your mind so its like you also picture a smaller vehicle on those tires. But when you get close to it you realize this things big for a half ton. Inside it feels big. I really like the super cab and would not have gotten a crew cab if they had it. This cab is perfect for this truck. I love the shorter wheelbase. It turns on a dime compared to my old super crew.
Old 5/14/10, 06:41 PM

Do people really think this looks good?
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ws...731009147.html
Old 5/14/10, 07:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

No but does this
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-april-15-10-011.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-april-15-10-007.jpg   Mustangs Coast to Coast-april-15-10-026.jpg  
Old 5/14/10, 07:28 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
I didn't have time to. I heard about it and landed it real quick So now, things I haven't shared with MCTC are... about the truck before I got it, and now this job.

I should leave you guys outta the loop more often

SWEET!!!!!!

That really sucks At least the other 4 were good so it's still driveable

Are those stockers 15s or 16s?

Thanks!

Hopefully. Apparently the problem came from this statement - "It's just not worth it for me to drive all the way out there, just to have to turn around and bring us back to the school 20 minutes later."

Stockers are 15's.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast