Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/10, 07:07 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
90+ with a ton of humidty...guess the first part of my favoirte weather is gone for the year! screw summer temps here!
Old 5/1/10, 07:57 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Just killed a scorpion in the living room. Should have gotten pics but you really couldn't tell what it was after I stepped on it. Dang thing was as long as a finger. It was in some laundry my wife was taking to the laundry room and when it crawled on her hand she freaked out and threw everything. I hunted it and found it under the couch.

I hate those **** things. Haven't had one inside in about 5 years.
Never seen a scorpion in my life.

Originally Posted by StangMahn
90+ with a ton of humidty...guess the first part of my favoirte weather is gone for the year! screw summer temps here!
It's freezing here. Only in the 50s. Not good for driving with the windows down.
Old 5/1/10, 08:24 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just killed a scorpion in the living room. Should have gotten pics but you really couldn't tell what it was after I stepped on it. Dang thing was as long as a finger. It was in some laundry my wife was taking to the laundry room and when it crawled on her hand she freaked out and threw everything. I hunted it and found it under the couch.

What color are they there?

As we've talked before, I don't get snakes here but I have seen a few small scorpions before. Usually under a log or piece of wood in late spring while it still hovers around freezing at ngiht. They've have always been lethargic like still hibernating. I assume they hibernate )Never seen one up and about. And never in the house.

A very dark blue like india ink blue.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/1/10 at 08:25 PM.
Old 5/1/10, 09:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey Nathan Hows that paper going,
hockey game was so good it ended 5-1 for Canucks vs Chicago
Old 5/1/10, 09:09 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Maybe if it was made for a carb, but all I ever hear are people having problems after converting to a carb setup. I'd just rather not have to deal with any problems like that.
You got a point there. Usually for a carb set up done right you pretty much get rid of the wiring harness for the engine and all that. It can be a PITA at times. In my 4x4 I got rid of the TBI and went with a carb. I like it better than the TBI

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Super windy out today. 20mph winds with 36mph gusts. Makes washing your car real fun.
You call that windy? Wow just a few days ago the wife was having winds around the 75mph range with gust to 120mph.
Old 5/1/10, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Hey Nathan Hows that paper going,
hockey game was so good it ended 5-1 for Canucks vs Chicago
Meh, I got so far. I'll finish it tomorrow.
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
You got a point there. Usually for a carb set up done right you pretty much get rid of the wiring harness for the engine and all that. It can be a PITA at times. In my 4x4 I got rid of the TBI and went with a carb. I like it better than the TBI

You call that windy? Wow just a few days ago the wife was having winds around the 75mph range with gust to 120mph.
Around here, yes. That's like hurricane strength winds.
Old 5/1/10, 09:18 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 07S197
I know we all at one time were "newbies" but I really do believe this is a large chunk of the problem. Look at everyones post count...
Well not speaking of that thread or rude posts, but I have noticed a number of new members the last several weeks by their post counts. And I notice a number of names that I recognize as imboc members. Imboc owner/mods 'bman' and 'other steve' must be pulling there gestapo schit again.

Most the members there were reasonably polite so good for TMS.
Old 5/1/10, 09:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts

Scorpions and Black widows. Gotta love Texas.
Old 5/1/10, 09:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

How are the stangs Nathan?
Old 5/1/10, 09:21 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by BoogieNights

I'm fine with carbs. They're pretty goof proof and you don't need a computer to adjust them.

I saw that about the wind and thought about you guys!!!
Old 5/1/10, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by GrnT
How are the stangs Nathan?
They're still running. How's it going Mark?
Old 5/1/10, 09:22 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
What color are they there?

As we've talked before, I don't get snakes here but I have seen a few small scorpions before. Usually under a log or piece of wood in late spring while it still hovers around freezing at ngiht. They've have always been lethargic like still hibernating. I assume they hibernate )Never seen one up and about. And never in the house.

A very dark blue like india ink blue.
Nope . These are brown on their back and then a much lighter sandy color on the tail and extemities. They are very thin usually, but this one was really large compared to others I've killed over the years.

The land we sit on was cow pasture and rose hedge about 10 years ago. In my old house we were the first house in the neighborhood during a very bad drought year. The scorpions swarmed my house because I was watering my yard to keep it alive and they all needed the water. They can get through a 1/16" crack. Which means they can climb under any door. Once they get into the attic then you're in for the long haul. It's probably not as bad here as it is in Arizona, but its worse than it should be for such a humid climate.

They don't like it too humid because they can't molt properly then.

In the first year at my first house I killed over 150 inside the house, and hundreds more outside. We were the only house on a 160 acre tract and they all showed up at my house. In th second year I killed about 50, 3rd year about a dozen and then finally none at all. Hadn't seen one at this house except for one in the garage last year.

One of the kids was stung on the foot after stepping on one, but other than that we haven't been stung. I've had a few crawl on me though. And I've had them in my bed, on my pillow, falling from the recess lights in the ceiling while I was in a shower, drop from teh top of a door when you open it, climb the walls of course, climb the ceiling. They can climb anything except glass. Anything.
Old 5/1/10, 09:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Were diong just fine in this cold ars state of ours.
Old 5/1/10, 09:25 PM
Post *****

Scorpions and Black widows. Gotta love Texas.

MARK!!!!

Missed you man. Hope you are well.

Black Widows I've had a few in the garage. I had one in the shop just last week. They are beautiful insect though. The black on them is so beautiful. If you shine a light on them its like a stain black, jet black, with a hint of navy almost. They are a facinating creation. Very thin legs that look so thin but sharp.
Old 5/1/10, 09:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
OUCH ! forget the Mummy Returns , can`t you extract it`s poison & sell it
Old 5/1/10, 09:30 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
OUCH ! forget the Mummy Returns , can`t you extract it`s poison & sell it
You can. I think what ultimately killed them out was themselves. When they run out of food they eat each other. No way there was enough food for that many scorpions. We had no other bugs at all. I would find piles of cricket legs in the corner of the garage with no cricket bodies.

I almost forgot. You really get used to wearing shoes in the house. Always. You never leave anything on the ground at all. You shake everything out. And you make sure your bed sheets don't touch the ground. We had the babies crib sitting inside glass jars it was so bad.
Old 5/1/10, 09:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I still have all my stang parts and keep looking for a promising opportunity to get back in the saddle again.
Old 5/1/10, 09:32 PM

Were diong just fine in this cold ars state of ours.
Good to know!
MARK!!!!

Missed you man. Hope you are well.

Black Widows I've had a few in the garage. I had one in the shop just last week. They are beautiful insect though. The black on them is so beautiful. If you shine a light on them its like a stain black, jet black, with a hint of navy almost. They are a facinating creation. Very thin legs that look so thin but sharp.
Never seen one of those either.
Old 5/1/10, 09:33 PM
Post *****

I still have all my stang parts and keep looking for a promising opportunity to get back in the saddle again.
I see you still bear the one and only Gary's Seal of Approval.
Old 5/1/10, 09:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm glad we don't have critters here like that.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast