Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 3/28/10, 09:18 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I think the Bronco has a blown head gasket.

Slightly green oil, white smoke from the tailpipe, disappearing coolant, an upper radiator hose that just build pressure like crazy.
Old 3/28/10, 09:20 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
That's not good.
Old 3/28/10, 09:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep and I never eat tacos in that place ever again

cuz they "reopened" with a different name even though 5 tacos and a drink for only 20 pesos
Old 3/28/10, 09:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Slightly green oil, white smoke from the tailpipe, disappearing coolant, an upper radiator hose that just build pressure like crazy.
that stinks Gary
Old 3/28/10, 09:25 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
So today I almost got real well aquainted with some nice landscaping... It was pouring outside, had stephany with me and we were headed for lexies party. Turnin Into lexies nice, gated, golf course community, I just touched the gas and suddenly I was lookin at where I came from lol. I didn't touch a curb or anything, spun her close to 270 degrees, dialed in full opposite lock and brakes like a pro, it was fun, not gonna lie yes, I have thought about what coulda happened, believe me on that
Old 3/28/10, 09:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
So today I almost got real well aquainted with some nice landscaping... It was pouring outside, had stephany with me and we were headed for lexies party. Turnin Into lexies nice, gated, golf course community, I just touched the gas and suddenly I was lookin at where I came from lol. I didn't touch a curb or anything, spun her close to 270 degrees, dialed in full opposite lock and brakes like a pro, it was fun, not gonna lie yes, I have thought about what coulda happened, believe me on that
Hey Sean fellow F150 owner. Do you have a problem with yellowing headlights?
Old 3/28/10, 09:48 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I think sean's might still be the old glass ones that are their own lights

go get some meguiars plastx, and go to town, works wonders
Old 3/28/10, 10:48 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So many people on tonight...I was like why is that? Then I was like... Five point OH, now i understand.

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.
Old 3/28/10, 10:50 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
What I'd do for a 5.0.

Crap time goes fast. Already time for bed and hour ago.
Old 3/28/10, 10:51 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
What I'd do for a 5.0.

Crap time goes fast. Already time for bed and hour ago.
same here, and
Old 3/28/10, 10:56 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Edson, nah my headlights aren't yellowing. I think they're plastic lenses, they feel that way, but no yellow at all. It's possible they are glass butbi don't think so. I've got a tiny little bit of condensation inside one, but their still nice and bright
Old 3/28/10, 11:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
Roads here get hacked up patches too. Then a good rain comes and washes all the patchwork away.

^They look the same

Bad news Gary
Old 3/28/10, 11:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Just came back from my uncles place watching Wrestlemania 26. What a great time it was And it happened what I wanted, see Shawn Michaels forced to retire
Old 3/28/10, 11:59 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by edumspeed
^They look the same

Bad news Gary
Yup. I'm not sure what to think. It may have been that way all along. Or it may have happened from just sitting there for a year.

The first thing I will do tomorrow night will be to check the oil. Once I know what that looks like I'll have to see what my next step is. I suppose a coolant pressure test and a compression test is in order either way. Is it even safe to drive down to a shop to have that done?
Old 3/29/10, 12:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Yup. I'm not sure what to think. It may have been that way all along. Or it may have happened from just sitting there for a year.

The first thing I will do tomorrow night will be to check the oil. Once I know what that looks like I'll have to see what my next step is. I suppose a coolant pressure test and a compression test is in order either way. Is it even safe to drive down to a shop to have that done?
A compression or cooling system pressure check would greatly help to identify if you have a blown gasket. If you want to do it yourself, (the compression test) it's fairly easy. Just disable the ignition system so the engine won't fire up, then put the tester in place of a spark plug hand tight and then crank the engine @ WOT for no more than 10 seconds. If you find two adjacent cylinders with identical low compression, the gasket failed in the middle, if you find just one w low compression, then the gasket failed next to a coolant passage most likely. The cooling pressure test I'm sure I've done it once on tech school, but I really can't quite remember how it was done I remember some kind of manual air pump w a pressure gauge thing attached to it

I don't think you'll have a problem if the shop is nearby. Does it overheat? Remove the stat so the pressure in the system won't rise up too much before driving it there.

Last edited by edumspeed; 3/29/10 at 12:16 AM.
Old 3/29/10, 12:20 AM
Post *****

Could I also be looking at a cracked head, or God forbid a cracked block?

When I go the vehicle I found receipts for alot of work that was done in the months before I got it. Like new radiator hoses, new heater core, and new radiator. I wonder if someone was trying to cure a problem they hadn't completely figured out, and then when they finally found out what it was they traded it in. Just a theory.
Old 3/29/10, 12:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Could I also be looking at a cracked head, or God forbid a cracked block?

When I go the vehicle I found receipts for alot of work that was done in the months before I got it. Like new radiator hoses, new heater core, and new radiator. I wonder if someone was trying to cure a problem they hadn't completely figured out, and then when they finally found out what it was they traded it in. Just a theory.
Anything's possible w old cars Cracked iron heads do happen. They dislike sudden temp changes more than alloy ones. A block is a more rare occurrence, especially on a 351w, since it's casting is tougher than the 5.0L. Until it's taken apart you can't really tell.
Old 3/29/10, 12:40 AM
Post *****

I think this could help explain the condensation out of the tailpipe and dripping from the muffler. I think the muffler may actually have water in it. It sounds like it sloshes when I push on it.

Well the good news is that the 5.0 no longer leaks oil on my driveway. For while after I changed to synthetic oil it leaked from the rear main, but that seems to have stopped now. I guess it got used to the difference.
Old 3/29/10, 12:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

I forgot to mention that today I had my fair share of work thanks to my brother He wanted to replace the cut down springs his mirage had and check out a noise it was making on the front pass side tire. As I removed stuff, I found more broken stuff, like the front strut mounts and an outer tie rod. The jackass who had the car before cut all of the factory springs, a really bad idea since the Mirage LS Evolution edition already comes with performance springs from the factory The worst springs were on the pass. side. Both of them were almost out of the seating area. The rear one had the bottom coil going AROUND the strut base Luckily he got a deal on some B & G springs and KYB struts. The car rose up about an inch, but it still sits low enough, just like my Mazda
Old 3/29/10, 12:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

I think this could help explain the condensation out of the tailpipe and dripping from the muffler. I think the muffler may actually have water in it. It sounds like it sloshes when I push on it.

Well the good news is that the 5.0 no longer leaks oil on my driveway. For while after I changed to synthetic oil it leaked from the rear main, but that seems to have stopped now. I guess it got used to the difference.
Or some dirt & grime managed to seal it bec. you're driving it enough now.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast