Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
18.18%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
81.82%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/09, 09:36 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well and the sad thing is that even people that live in snow prone areas still cant drive in the snow. Even when they have the proper tires.
Old 12/4/09, 09:42 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Well and the sad thing is that even people that live in snow prone areas still cant drive in the snow. Even when they have the proper tires.
Soooo true! It's the people that don't have a clue that cause a lot of the traffic problems.

Going too fast in the snow is a problem, but going too slow can be a problem too.
Old 12/4/09, 09:46 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
Soooo true! It's the people that don't have a clue that cause a lot of the traffic problems.

Going too fast in the snow is a problem, but going too slow can be a problem too.

Exactly. Thats why whenever I have to drive in the snow even with the right tires I take it a nice safe pace that I know if anything were to happen I could negotiate still. It is even harder when you are hauling a trailer cuz you got to keep the trailer behind you at the same time.
Old 12/4/09, 10:14 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Besides we are all just redneck hillbillies anyway.

Speak for yourself bubba. Oh wait, I'm a redneck too.

We did have a blizzard here in '93. It was devastating. We got over 3 FEET of snow in 12 hours and the next morning temps dropped to the single digits with gale force winds creating snow drifts over 25 feet deep. During the night we were having thundersnow. It was snowing so hard you couldn't see 5 feet in front of you, but lightning was flashing and thunder was crashing all around. I saw lightning striking transformers left and right. When it was all over, the temp dropped into the 10's and stayed. Power lines fell, and things froze. We didn't have power or water for 3 weeks (most people have wells, no power = no power to run the pump). I tried to leave in my lifted Bronco, but 100 feet from the driveway, it was buried up to the windshield and wouldn't push any further. Had to go back and ride it out.

Here is a little about it if you were too young to remember. It was called the storm of the century

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 12/4/09 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12/4/09, 10:15 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
You have to understand, we don't have the resources here and the geography is different. Yankees make fun of our snow driving abilities, but I would wager that you would have the same kind of problems that we do if you lived here that we do. We don't have snow plows on the ready, or salt/sand/gravel trucks on every street. I've also noticed when driving up north that you guys don't have ditches like we do. Ours tend to be several feet deep off of each side of the road, and from what I have seen you guys don't really have ditches, just 6 inch drop offs from the side of the road. And I love when the people up north talk about driving on ice. Nobody can drive on ice. It is out of control period. Ice is ice. Put a yankee in Georgia during an ice/snow storm and lets see how you guys drive. It wouldn't be pretty I promise.
I understand. You just have to understand it's fun to poke at people who don't have to go through 6 months of snow. We do have some pretty large ditches around here, but every road is different.
Old 12/4/09, 10:27 PM

Speak for yourself bubba. Oh wait, I'm a redneck too.

We did have a blizzard here in '93. It was devastating. We got over 3 FEET of snow in 12 hours and the next morning temps dropped to the single digits with gale force winds creating snow drifts over 25 feet deep. During the night we were having thundersnow. It was snowing so hard you couldn't see 5 feet in front of you, but lightning was flashing and thunder was crashing all around. I saw lightning striking transformers left and right. When it was all over, the temp dropped into the 10's and stayed. Power lines fell, and things froze. We didn't have power or water for 3 weeks (most people have wells, no power = no power to run the pump). I tried to leave in my lifted Bronco, but 100 feet from the driveway, it was buried up to the windshield and wouldn't push any further. Had to go back and ride it out.

Here is a little about it if you were too young to remember. It was called the storm of the century
I guess the link was intended for me.

I know we got a big storm on halloween in '91, but of course I don't remember that either. Other than that, we usually get one good storm worth a foot of snow a year. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Hopefully we won't get one this year.
Old 12/4/09, 10:47 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
The blizzard of '78 was a big one for us.
Old 12/4/09, 10:49 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I guess the link was intended for me.

I know we got a big storm on halloween in '91, but of course I don't remember that either. Other than that, we usually get one good storm worth a foot of snow a year. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Hopefully we won't get one this year.
No, it was a once in a lifetime storm. I saw rednecks with badass lifted 4x4s pulling National Guard HUMVEES out of snow banks that they were stuck in. It was pretty funny, they thought they could go anywhere, but the rednecks had to get them out with their big trucks. My lifted Bronco only made it 100 feet from the driveway before it buried up to the windshield and had to back up to the house.
Old 12/4/09, 10:52 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

The blizzard of '78 was a big one for us.
Not that impressive until you realize that this was the deep south. **** like that doesn't happen in a lifetime.
Old 12/4/09, 11:00 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I'll get pics. We're getting big snowflakes but its hitting the warm ground and melting.

It is collection on sitting cars and houses an stuff.
that's what happens here too...although we got some snow this past feb.

Originally Posted by edumspeed

Bad news for the Mustang. It will be put on hold, since the Mazda is in dire need of some work, and if that one breaks down, I don't have a replacement vehicle. It needs front hub bearings, pads, rotors and a control arm bushing & cv joint on drivers side. This sucks
well, you gotta have something to drive

I got a parking contract for next semester.
what exactly is that?

Okay, the oil is changed, stabilizer is in the gas tank, I guess it's time for the long good night before the good bye.

my friend that lives in NH wont like that

This is false advertising. All they did was overly jack up their original prices.
https://themustangsource.com/showpos...3&postcount=57
that's what most companies do actually...

Question for those more informed than me...

I'm looking for new wheels for my Trailblazer. The ones I like come in two different finishes. Painted and machined with clear coat.

Which finish holds up better, especially through snow, ice, salt, and dirt?
I would thnk clear coat

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Now now it is the best time of year. It is the only time you can snuggle with someone and not sweat.
that's right

Meh, no great loss. Mine's already broken, got a huge crack in it.
so is mine, it's got a hole

You have to understand, we don't have the resources here and the geography is different. Yankees make fun of our snow driving abilities, but I would wager that you would have the same kind of problems that we do if you lived here that we do. We don't have snow plows on the ready, or salt/sand/gravel trucks on every street. I've also noticed when driving up north that you guys don't have ditches like we do. Ours tend to be several feet deep off of each side of the road, and from what I have seen you guys don't really have ditches, just 6 inch drop offs from the side of the road. And I love when the people up north talk about driving on ice. Nobody can drive on ice. It is out of control period. Ice is ice. Put a yankee in Georgia during an ice/snow storm and lets see how you guys drive. It wouldn't be pretty I promise.
that's probably about right

[quote=Blue Notch;5773780]I wish mufflers were easier/cheaper to change out. I want to try flowmasters just for the heck of it, but that'd be at least $300. This sounds sooooo good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQY1qcGQrfo
[/quote]

so after tint, the first thing I wanna do to mine is exhaust. Which is the best one to get, borla stingers?

I've decided to either get one of the darker blues or the dark grey color
Old 12/4/09, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn

what exactly is that?

so after tint, the first thing I wanna do to mine is exhaust. Which is the best one to get, borla stingers?

I've decided to either get one of the darker blues or the dark grey color
There's only so many parking spots at school, so you have to enter a lottery to buy one. I got one again, so it's a big relief.

The best one to get is whichever one you like the sound of the best. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's the truth. Borla is pretty high quality though!
Old 12/4/09, 11:13 PM
NTTAWWT

nice doughnuts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA-eGPFnRp4
Old 12/4/09, 11:20 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
The road was wet. That's lame...
Old 12/4/09, 11:20 PM
NTTAWWT

^yeah, but still pretty good

if I wanted a vert...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=1999&engine=8
Old 12/4/09, 11:23 PM

^My sister's reaction to that video:
Her-"that's kinda dumb. it's wet."
Me-"that's the whole point!"
Her-"aren't they worried about hitting a tree?"
Me-"no."

Old 12/4/09, 11:23 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

There's only so many parking spots at school, so you have to enter a lottery to buy one. I got one again, so it's a big relief.

The best one to get is whichever one you like the sound of the best. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's the truth. Borla is pretty high quality though!
If you can get a parking spot, you shouldn't have any problem getting a piece of tail.
Old 12/4/09, 11:24 PM
NTTAWWT

well when it's wet, you're not burning as much rubber
Old 12/4/09, 11:24 PM

Not a bad price!
Old 12/4/09, 11:25 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Hey Gary, remember the blizzard of '93?