Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
16.67%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/10, 05:46 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Try English too.
haha, that's exactly what I was gonna say

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Sounds like a plan. Not sure where I'd go though. Maybe in the crawl space.

There's actually quite a few asians and mexicans up here. Go into the city and that's mostly what you'll see.

Had my toe fixed. Horrible experience.
dont be a pansy, it's not that bad, I've had it done twice
Old 4/22/10, 05:48 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
haha, that's exactly what I was gonna say

dont be a pansy, it's not that bad, I've had it done twice
I have now too. I really don't have a very strong stomach. Just the thought of blood can make me dizzy.
Old 4/22/10, 05:48 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about your dog Nathan. I'm sure it is a very close friend for many years. Unfortunately the hardest thing for us to do is to let go and an animal should not be left to suffer IMHO. God put us here to care for his creatures, but this also includes having compassion for them and knowing when to put them down. I'm sorry you have to go through with this and I wouldn't want to do what you will ultimately have to do.

You are not killing the dog. You are putting it out of its misery. I am sorry to say it has no soul, so being humane and putting it to sleep is not something that should weigh on your soul. You love your dog, but I personally don't think there is even a choice here.

With all that said. You do whats right for you. I just had to say my peace.

Very sorry.
Old 4/22/10, 05:49 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts

I have to make the decision by tonight whether to bring my dog home and let her die here, or take her in tomorrow and have her put down. Either way she's probably going to die. I just don't like the idea of intentionally killing something. No matter how "humane" it is, I'll still feel like I made the decision to kill my own dog for the rest of my life. I also don't want her to suffer either. I just really don't know what to do. I really don't want to deal with this right now.
Think of it as protecting her from suffering. I know it's a hard decision to make, but if you love her and don't want to see her suffer, let her go. It's easier for me to say because I've never had to do it myself and I know I'd be a basket case if I ever had to do it to Freckles.

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I remember hearing a talk show at night years ago with a Vet as guest. She talked about this. She said 'your friend has been with you through good times and bad, they have relied on you through fun times and sick times. It is important to be there as they go to sleep'.

Wow. I'm cryin' as I type this... it was hard and though it was 13 yrs ago the wound is still there and pretty fresh. But there was no question that she was suffering and it was crucial that I be there as she quietly closed her eyes and went to sleep. God I love that dog. Moments like this are very difficult. But I learned through that period of time (lots of other life crap started piling on) that 'stare your fears down, and they wimp away!' And of course reliance on prayer. It actually became a defining moment for the battles that were coming...

Long live Smokie...

How cute

Originally Posted by denlem
I've had the tragedy too. Here is Coco. He loved to lay near the Mustang. Still hard to talk about now, but he was laying in front of it one day back in August and I didn't see him there. Ran right over him. He's a big dog, and how I never felt it i'll never know. I was a mess. Even now when I drive away from anywhere I worry that there may be something around me.

That's terrible I have a good friend that did that to his dog too. He just didn't see her. Ever since that happened to him I'm always really careful in making sure Freckles is clear of my car.
Old 4/22/10, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I'm very sorry to hear about your dog Nathan. I'm sure it is a very close friend for many years. Unfortunately the hardest thing for us to do is to let go and an animal should not be left to suffer IMHO. God put us here to care for his creatures, but this also includes having compassion for them and knowing when to put them down. I'm sorry you have to go through with this and I wouldn't want to do what you will ultimately have to do.

You are not killing the dog. You are putting it out of its misery. I am sorry to say it has no soul, so being humane and putting it to sleep is not something that should weigh on your soul. You love your dog, but I personally don't think there is even a choice here.

With all that said. You do whats right for you. I just had to say my peace.

Very sorry.
Thanks Gary. I know they don't have a soul, but animals are just so close to us it feels like they do. I just really hate this right now.

Last edited by Blue Notch; 4/22/10 at 10:25 PM.
Old 4/22/10, 07:19 PM

She wanted to go outside when she came home so I took her out for a walk. She wanted to walk more and sniff and dig around but she just isn't strong enough. She can't go to the bathroom at all, and she's coughing up a lot of yellow stuff. I got to spend some time with her though, so I'm really glad I could do that.
Old 4/22/10, 07:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
She wanted to go outside when she came home so I took her out for a walk. She wanted to walk more and sniff and dig around but she just isn't strong enough. She can't go to the bathroom at all, and she's coughing up a lot of yellow stuff. I got to spend some time with her though, so I'm really glad I could do that.
I think she'll know you love that much more having her where she knows will mean a lot to both of you that's what I would have done as well. Quality Time
Old 4/23/10, 04:25 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Nate, don't know if you saw my post yesterday.....

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown[/quoute

Sorry to hear about your friend Nathan. Maybe its time to have him/her put down so it doesn't suffer. A few years ago, I had to have a dog put down that I had for over 20 years. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do. It took me months to get over it, and I still think about him and all the enjoyment he brought my family.
Found this pic of the ol' boy....

He was just a mutt, some kind of terrier/beagle/??? mix. He was with us for over 20 years. My boy grew up with him from the time he was born until college. One of the most loyal, intelligent, comforting animals that ever lived. He gave us more laughs, smiles, and love than we could ever repay. In his last days he had become blind, and had arthritis so bad that we had to carry him down the steps to relieve himself. One day he was hurting so bad that you couldn't even touch him without him yelping out in pain. That was the last straw. As hard as it was, we took him to be put down by the vet that had treated him for 20 years. Within 10 seconds of the injection, he was in peace and no longer suffering, with us holding him. Say what you want, but I was a grown man and I cried so hard I could barely drive home. 20+ years is a long time to spend with someone, even if it is a dog (rather especially if it is a dog for people like me). I know exactly what you are going through. I grew up in a farming community, with a family of hunters. I never had it in me to kill one of God's creatures, and believe me, I caught a lot of **** for not hunting with the rest of them. I know it is necessary, but it was just never part of who I was, and I don't have any problem with them doing it, I just can't do it myself. I've been labeled as a ***** and every other thing you can think of because of it. I really don't give a ****. That is just who I am. Do what you need to do son, but from experience, I would suggest that you have your friend put down in a timely manner so he/she doesn't suffer. Be there with the dog so it is comfortable, and just remember that it will no longer be hurting. Just know that the dog would never want you to be in pain, and you should do the same for it.

Good luck Nate, we (me for sure) will be here for you buddy for anything you need. If you need to, feel free to contact me in private by any means. I'll do anything I can to help you out buddy.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 4/23/10 at 05:00 AM.
Old 4/23/10, 07:47 AM

Thanks Lee. 20 years is a really long time for a dog, but that doesn't make it any easier when they go. I don't think most make it past 12. My dad's dog is 12 now, and she probably won't be around much longer either. Carmel is on pain meds, so hopefully she isn't in too much pain. I'm still gonna have to make a decision today though.
Old 4/23/10, 07:51 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Lee. 20 years is a really long time for a dog, but that doesn't make it any easier when they go. I don't think most make it past 12. My dad's dog is 12 now, and she probably won't be around much longer either. Carmel is on pain meds, so hopefully she isn't in too much pain. I'm still gonna have to make a decision today though.

It's not an easy one to make Nathan, but just know that all of us have you in our thoughts while you and your family go through this.
Old 4/23/10, 07:59 AM

Thanks Jim. It's good to know that I have such good friends on here.
Old 4/23/10, 09:53 AM

We're going to take her in a noon.
Old 4/23/10, 12:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
A friend posted this why they make us think we need junk lol
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...QLGWTSag&gl=CA
Old 4/23/10, 12:12 PM

She's in heaven now. I miss her so much.
Old 4/23/10, 12:14 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am now a Ford Salesman.... Starting Monday. I will be able to be around and drive all the great fords(5.0 ). Anyone in Chicago area will have to come buy from me once i am out of training.
Old 4/23/10, 12:26 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

I have to make the decision by tonight whether to bring my dog home and let her die here, or take her in tomorrow and have her put down. Either way she's probably going to die. I just don't like the idea of intentionally killing something. No matter how "humane" it is, I'll still feel like I made the decision to kill my own dog for the rest of my life. I also don't want her to suffer either. I just really don't know what to do. I really don't want to deal with this right now.
Originally Posted by cdynaco
I remember hearing a talk show at night years ago with a Vet as guest. She talked about this. She said 'your friend has been with you through good times and bad, they have relied on you through fun times and sick times. It is important to be there as they go to sleep'.

Wow. I'm cryin' as I type this... it was hard and though it was 13 yrs ago the wound is still there and pretty fresh. But there was no question that she was suffering and it was crucial that I be there as she quietly closed her eyes and went to sleep. God I love that dog. Moments like this are very difficult. But I learned through that period of time (lots of other life crap started piling on) that 'stare your fears down, and they wimp away!' And of course reliance on prayer. It actually became a defining moment for the battles that were coming...

Long live Smokie...

Man I know it is not the easiest decision to make. I had to make that same decision on July 4th 2008 when I had our old stallion put to sleep. He was 24 years old and he was family. He taught the wife and I more in the 4 years than anybody else did. Right before we called the vet out he was telling myself as well as the wife that it was time for him to go. We tried all we could to get him feeling better for 2 weeks at least but there wasnt anything else we could do. We know in our hearts that what we did was the right choice. We didnt want him to suffer thru the pain any longer. To this day it still brings tears to my eyes when I think of him.

Originally Posted by denlem
I've had the tragedy too. Here is Coco. He loved to lay near the Mustang. Still hard to talk about now, but he was laying in front of it one day back in August and I didn't see him there. Ran right over him. He's a big dog, and how I never felt it i'll never know. I was a mess. Even now when I drive away from anywhere I worry that there may be something around me.

Man Im a sorry to hear about this happening. I know accidents happen and that they can happen to anybody that we love and cherish.

We're going to take her in a noon.
Just remember that you are doing what is best for her. I know it hurts you doing this but remember all the good times you had with her.
Old 4/23/10, 12:33 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Just remember that it was for the best Nathan. She is no longer in pain and having to take meds. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family for having to make this decision.
Old 4/23/10, 12:39 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 203 Likes on 132 Posts
You did the right thing. As hard as it was, it was still the right thing. I'm sad for you

Originally Posted by Knight
I am now a Ford Salesman.... Starting Monday. I will be able to be around and drive all the great fords(5.0 ). Anyone in Chicago area will have to come buy from me once i am out of training.
Congrats!
Old 4/23/10, 12:40 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Sorry to hear nathan. Such a tough thing to go through. Look at the bright side. It wasn't a tragic unexpected loss.. it was just time.
Old 4/23/10, 12:43 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Knight

YAYAY!!

If I ever dig myself out of this hole, I"ll definitely look you up!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast