Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

TracKey is here! Those that are installing - please post!

Search this Thread

Old 10/26/11, 08:08 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want to get it but will decide after going to SEMA and getting as much info as I can about it first, did not notice any real difference with it at Track Attack, better throtle response, engine braking not noticable, Idle sound not real apparent from inside the car, but will decide then
Old 10/26/11, 08:46 AM
V6 Member

Plan to stop by the dealer with part number in hand on Saturday. My best friend is a SEMA member and will be there for the announcement. I'm sending him with my VIN and Boss # just in case they're giving away any good stuff with proof of ownership.
Old 10/26/11, 10:11 AM

Trac Key ordered yesterday, still awaiting explaination of impact on extended warrenty however.

Richard
Old 10/26/11, 10:15 AM
V6 Member

TracKey ordered, install early next week as soon as it arrives.
Old 10/26/11, 10:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Called my dealer this morning, explained what I wanted, they did some research, called me back, said they will place the "order" on the 31st of Oct and call me when install is possible. I'm cautiously excited.
Old 10/26/11, 10:33 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm getting it for sure but will probably wait till the spring. The car is going into storage shortly so no use spending the money now.
Old 10/26/11, 10:51 AM

Went to dealer in Orange County, Ca. yesterday and Brandon ordered it on the phone.........order to be processed on Oct. 31st and overnight shipped to dealer on November 1st. Looking forward to all of the attributes!

Gordon
Old 10/26/11, 11:35 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 302 Gordon
Went to dealer in Orange County, Ca. yesterday and Brandon ordered it on the phone.........order to be processed on Oct. 31st and overnight shipped to dealer on November 1st. Looking forward to all of the attributes!

Gordon
Which dealer did you go to?
Old 10/26/11, 11:41 AM
Cobra R Member

Emailed my dealer the day it was anounced for SEMA, and a couple of times thereafter. Haven't heard squat. My car should already be in storage. Frustrated by the wait on Trackey, now frustrated with dealership. My ADM was supposed to cover this. Wanna bet the try and go back on that?
Old 10/26/11, 11:41 AM
GT Member

I ordered yesterday and there is snow on the ground this morning!
I did check with Ford Racing and found out the you can install anytime.
So it looks like I will have it in hand and install it next spring when the car
comes back out of storage. But maybe the weather will change for a few days!
Old 10/26/11, 01:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well it sounds like this thread should be rolling by the end of the day next Tuesday when several people have had it installed I got an email from my dealer today that outlines the process so I thought I'd post it for all. I think it answers some of the questions people had as to the sequence of events:

TRACKEY SHIPPING
TracKey orders will begin shipping October 31, 2011. Orders received by 2:00 PM EST will be shipped same day to the dealer via a UPS Red Next Day envelope.
Each envelope will include a voucher with ID number, instruction sheet, and premium fuel label.
BILLING ON PARTS & ACCESSORIES STATEMENT
Dealers will be billed for TracKey Orders on their Parts & Accessories Statement.
SERVICE WRITER INSTRUCTIONS
Obtain TracKey envelope from Parts Department or customer:
1. Inform customer of labor charge. (1.0 hour recommended)
2. Confirm with owner that premium fuel is in the vehicle (91+ octane)
3. Provide the following items to the Technician:
a. Both keys that came with the vehicle
b. The TracKey Instructions provided in the package
c. Premium Fuel Only label provided in the package
d. The voucher provided in the package
4. Upon completion of the install, please return the envelope, with voucher card, to the customer.
5. Inform the customer that they will receive a CARB Executive Order (E.O.) Label in the mail approximately 7 days after installation. The label should be affixed to the driver's side strut tower.

WARNING – Utilizing TracKey calibration with fuel that is lower than 91 octane may cause engine damage. Damage caused by low octane fuel will not be covered under the Ford Racing limited warranty.

TracKey is only applicable if the vehicle has no aftermarket engine modifications (i.e. no aftermarket "cold" air kit, headers, cams, superchargers, etc.) Utilizing TracKey calibration with aftermarket engine modifications may cause engine damage. Damage caused by aftermarket modifications will not be covered under the Ford Racing limited warranty.

HOW WILL THIS AFFECT VEHICLE WARRANTY?
TracKey is warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship, when installed on a Boss 302 or Laguna Seca by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, beginning upon dealer installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Racing for the balance of 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty replaces the existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty for engine, driveline and suspension parts, when the warranted Ford Racing Part is identified as the causal part of a warrantable concern. Installation of these select Ford Racing parts by an authorized dealer does not nullify the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. All engine, driveline and suspension warranty issues not related to installation of Ford Racing parts remain subject to existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
To register for Ford Racing Limited Warranty, please contact the Ford Racing Tech Line at (800) FORD-788 and provide the TracKey proof of purchase and installation invoices, date, mileage, and VIN.
Visit www.fordracingparts.com for additional information regarding the Ford Racing Limited Warranty
Old 10/26/11, 02:09 PM
V6 Member

My dealer placed my order this morning with Ford Racing. Ford Racing will be mailing out the TracKey envelopes in sequence depending on when the order was received (first ordered – first mailed). My dealer was told his order would be mailed out in a week or two as the list of TracKey orders was already getting LONG.
Old 10/26/11, 02:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Oh, so now they tell us the "whole story"

I'm in. Dealer ordered TracKey today.

It would have save a lot of time and consternation by Forum members if Ford had provided the below information from the outset:

"Installation of these select Ford Racing parts by an authorized dealer does not nullify the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. All engine, driveline and suspension warranty issues not related to installation of Ford Racing parts remain subject to existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty."

Looking forward to your dyno info Gary.
Old 10/26/11, 02:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Just hoping the snow holds off until after next week so I can get it in there Charlie!
Old 10/26/11, 02:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cloud9
Just hoping the snow holds off until after next week so I can get it in there Charlie!
Snow? Ain't no snow outside my window!
Attached Thumbnails TracKey is here!  Those that are installing - please post!-2011-10-24-06.57.44.jpg  
Old 10/26/11, 02:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

That's low Charlie

Old 10/26/11, 02:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Mahalo from Waikiki.........
Old 10/26/11, 03:55 PM

Ken Grody in Buena Park
Old 10/26/11, 05:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ordered Two TracKeys. (See sig)
Old 10/26/11, 05:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by chief_charlie
Mahalo from Waikiki.........
Have fun Charlie!!!

Quick Reply: TracKey is here! Those that are installing - please post!