Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

TracKey is here! Those that are installing - please post!

Search this Thread

Old 11/11/11, 09:39 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
If the entire state of Kalifornia walked everywhere and gave up the internal combustion engine then how would it err make any difference when there are countries like the Phillipines doing things like this. All we can hope to do is take care of our local air quality while these other places spew their emissions.

That's my biggest problem with Kyoto and CARB. We kill our economy and go back to the stone age while the third world carries on as usual and gets wealth transferred from us to them. Yay!

And in the end a volcano erupts in the Pacific and spews forth more than all the cars on earth combined.

We are so full of ourselves.
Well that type of attitude is not going to make Al Gore any richer.
Old 11/11/11, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this still a Mustang (Boss) forum?

Last edited by orng302; 11/11/11 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11/11/11, 09:48 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by orng302
Is this still a car (Boss) forum?
Nope. It's a mustang enthusiasts site.
Old 11/11/11, 09:50 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Is this still a car (Boss) forum?
Certain posters (I am a guilty party) tend to take topics off thread. A lot of this discussion should be in Politics and Religion. But the pollution issue is related to the CARB approval of TracKey.
Old 11/11/11, 10:55 AM
V6 Member

Installed yesterday, although I haven't had time to test it out much at all yet.
$280 + 100 for labor... $403 with sales tax.
Old 11/11/11, 11:30 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Still a Boss thread. I'm allowed to take license though.
Old 11/11/11, 12:15 PM
DFV
Bullitt Member

Installed at $302 plus $145 labor.

Impressions: I have an earlier Trackey "Engine Enabled" rather than the "Idle Enabled" car so your results may vary.
1. Throttle response is improved, as is engine braking - this gives arise to the throttle lift burble (IMO worth the price in and of itself). Reminds me of my 1969 AMX 390 that would literally blow fire from its side pipes if you ran it up to 3,000 rpm and then backed off while going down hill.
Which brings me to the second point: Trackey sounds best if you remove the discs from the rocker panel exhaust pipes. Not only is your aural pleasure increased but you can then feel the idle in your seat as well as the little shake that the cowl has.
3. Transmission is now as smooth as a hot knife through butter.

There are lots of changes in the Boss 302 with the Trackey running the show. The car definitely is more aggressive sounding and the engine response is taken up a few notches. While, it's not quite a Jekyll and Hyde change (the Boss 302 is never mild-mannered) Trackey is one of the reasons that you should consider purchasing the Boss 302 over lesser machinery such as a Shelby GT500 (he says,putting on his flame suit).

Is it worth the price of admission? Yes, 100%.

Update: MPG tanked with TracKey usage. Anyone else noticed a pronounced decline in fuel consumption?

Last edited by DFV; 11/12/11 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Update
Old 11/11/11, 01:31 PM
V6 Member

Is this still a Mustang (Boss) forum?
Yes it is, and the topic at hand is TracKey and why Mustang (Boss) owners aren't getting it as it was advertised.

THE main reason why we're not getting it as advertised is due to some out of control board in California that's appointed solely by the governor of California - all of whom over the better part of the last two decades have been enthusiastic flag-bearers for the green movement and enviro industrialists.

I exaggerate in no way whatsoever in stating that CARB is a corrupt, completely autonomous, unaccountable bureaucracy that creates rules which are extraordinarily difficult to comply with. Then, they choose which businesses to lay the hammer on, decide what the (monetary) punishment will be and distribute the millions they confiscate to non-governmental political allies.

Here is just a single example - on their own official website:

http://www.arb.ca.gov/newsrel/newsrelease.php?id=226

They're proud of it. A little research will yeild much more.

Again, they make the rules, select the victim, declare the fine, then pass the confiscated funds around to their connected cronies. Where I grew up, it was called racketeering.

It's one thing for the dunderheads in California vote this misery on themselves. It's another when it affects innocent parties like Ford Motor Company and the people on this forum who just want their TracKeys.

Worst of all is when some of us (abeit a minority) ENJOY the screwing. One d00d loves what's being done by the likes of CARB and the EPA. Us not getting TracKey keeps him from inhaling particles while he's driving his GT 500. Pointing him in the direction of simple objective facts gets me called a conspiracy theorist, and he's got a pic of an Asian chick wearing a hockey mask to prove it.

Last edited by servitium; 11/11/11 at 01:33 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11/11/11, 01:45 PM

You mad dood?
The TK is here finally. Haven't you heard?
Old 11/11/11, 02:41 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
You mad dood?
The TK is here finally. Haven't you heard?
YES I'm mad, but it's only temporary.

I'm sure that God will soon send CA the huge earthquake they deserve for doing this to us and the entire state will crumble into the ocean where it belongs.

Then I'll be able to get my TracKey with the REAL lopey idle and all will be right with the world.
Old 11/11/11, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by servitium

I'm sure that God will soon send CA the huge earthquake they deserve for doing this to us and the entire state will crumble into the ocean where it belongs.

Then I'll be able to get my TracKey with the REAL lopey idle and all will be right with the world.
Just unplug an ignition coil in the meantime. should sound close to the fake cam tune.
Old 11/11/11, 02:46 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Seriously, don't be such an a hole.
Old 11/11/11, 02:48 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Is this Pat Robertson?

Old 11/11/11, 03:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Just unplug an ignition coil in the meantime. should sound close to the fake cam tune.

Close, but not quite
Old 11/11/11, 04:53 PM
Bullitt Member

just got my track key finaly installed today, third time was a a charm for me, anyways, so im very happy with it myself so far, as for all the wine and diners about the idle, , ill just finish it off with a custom tune like i planned on anyways and it will be perfect, i really cant wait to use the 2 step at the track drag racing, so far i have run a 11.905 at 117MPH the gt500 beside me ran a 11.911 and we were both on drag radials at new england dragway, later he left his fan on to cool his engine, and needed a push start lol
Old 11/11/11, 05:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Resolution78
just got my track key finaly installed today, third time was a a charm for me, anyways, so im very happy with it myself so far, as for all the wine and diners about the idle, , ill just finish it off with a custom tune like i planned on anyways and it will be perfect, i really cant wait to use the 2 step at the track drag racing, so far i have run a 11.905 at 117MPH the gt500 beside me ran a 11.911 and we were both on drag radials at new england dragway, later he left his fan on to cool his engine, and needed a push start lol
LoL, nice smoke them GT500s!!
Old 11/11/11, 07:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by adam81
I have to admint...... I was really hoping for the REAL lopey idle.......
Me too. Only part of the Trackey worth having off the track. Great for cruise nights and car shows. So much for it being modeled on an engineers original Boss. Still like the idea, still want to give it a proper run on the track on the Spring, but after all the delays and the watered down idle it should have been free.
Old 11/11/11, 07:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Probably because they knew exactly what 99% of them would do and did do, drive it on city streets with the trackey.
Not Ford's issue. I clearly have a dash message saying for track use only. Have my insurance co. cancel my policy or police write me a ticket, but please somebody find a way to get me the idle as heard on an Engineer's car in Detroit.
Old 11/11/11, 07:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Resolution78

No one has cracked the encryption on the Red key program side of the pcm...someday maybe

Thats why the procedure for the tune is what it is...to protect the technology. If you have mods like a JLT intake YOU CANNOT tune for it on the track key side of the PCM
Old 11/11/11, 07:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
If the entire state of Kalifornia walked everywhere and gave up the internal combustion engine then how would it err make any difference when there are countries like the Phillipines doing things like this. All we can hope to do is take care of our local air quality while these other places spew their emissions.

That's my biggest problem with Kyoto and CARB. We kill our economy and go back to the stone age while the third world carries on as usual and gets wealth transferred from us to them. Yay!

And in the end a volcano erupts in the Pacific and spews forth more than all the cars on earth combined.

We are so full of ourselves.
Well said, welcome to the third world

Originally Posted by Tob*
One state? It's been posted numerous times and in many current threads. Almost 1/4th of the entire country utilizes California's standards. Florida is on the cusp of adapting them as well...

Sorry no other state has a Air Resources Board.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califor...esources_Board

California is the only state that is permitted to have such a regulatory agency, since it is the only state that had one before the passage of the federal Clean Air Act. Other states are permitted to follow CARB standards, or use the federal ones, but not set their own.
There is no billion dollar Air Resources Board here and even if they say they will follow one standard or another I do not have to show any state agency or police my stickers to drive my car on public roads.

Fact remains they are the only state to have a redundant agency and the tax payers are getting screwed for it. Why do you think if you want a new car and are looking at options page you have to see all this garbage.

50-STATE EMISSIONS (425)

CALIFORNIA EMISSION PZEV EMISSIONS (981) (REQ: 425 Emissions)

CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS NOT REQUIRED (423)

CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS STATES PUBLIC SERVICE/EMERGENCY VEHICLE EXEMPTION (936)

NON-CALIFORNIA/NON-CROSS-BORDER STATES DEALER ORDER FOR CALIFORNIA STATES REGISTRATION (93N)
I have nothing against the good normal people of CA, but I can't be the only one that thinks this is a bit excessive or bordering on lunacy. Anyway I am out of this debate in this thread, it is getting ulgy. If you or other think they are doing a good job that is fine, I see it differently and feel screwed by the whole process.

Quick Reply: TracKey is here! Those that are installing - please post!