BOSS parts in the 2011 FRP catalog - Page 10 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

BOSS parts in the 2011 FRP catalog

Old 2/21/11, 08:53 AM
  #181  
Bullitt Member
 
MJockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 12, 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 364
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012YellowBoss View Post
I still would like to know the weight of the 302S wheels.

Based on the package weight I would guess around 31lbs for the 19x9" and 33lbs for the 19x10". I don't think there will be any significant weight savings over the standard Boss rims. Personally I'll be looking for some light weight 18" for track use.
MJockey is offline  
Old 2/21/11, 09:59 AM
  #182  
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member
 
5 DOT 0's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 18, 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 3,708
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MJockey View Post
Based on the package weight I would guess around 31lbs for the 19x9" and 33lbs for the 19x10". I don't think there will be any significant weight savings over the standard Boss rims.
this is one of the reasons why my interest in these rims has wained. The LS info states "lightweight wheels" so I was hoping they would be lighter than the Boss wheels. I wouldn't be surprised if they are slightly heavier. I still like the looks of them but if I buy new wheels they will need to be a few pounds lighter than stock. I've been looking at True Forged two piece wheels, speed five or seven's, but I'm not sure if they are much lighter.

Does anyone have a link to the Boss wheels?

Last edited by 5 DOT 0; 2/21/11 at 10:00 AM.
5 DOT 0 is offline  
Old 2/21/11, 10:10 AM
  #183  
Super Moderator
TMS Staff
 
Overboost's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 28, 2009
Location: Motown
Posts: 6,284
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0 View Post
this is one of the reasons why my interest in these rims has wained. The LS info states "lightweight wheels" so I was hoping they would be lighter than the Boss wheels. I wouldn't be surprised if they are slightly heavier. I still like the looks of them but if I buy new wheels they will need to be a few pounds lighter than stock. I've been looking at True Forged two piece wheels, speed five or seven's, but I'm not sure if they are much lighter.

Does anyone have a link to the Boss wheels?
IIRC, the LS wheels are forged, but the FRPP 302S wheels are cast. That would account for the weight difference.
Overboost is offline  
Old 2/21/11, 10:16 AM
  #184  
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member
 
5 DOT 0's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 18, 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 3,708
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We need someone to weigh the Boss, LS, and S wheels. My money is betting the LS and S wheels are identical other than the color.
5 DOT 0 is offline  
Old 2/22/11, 02:14 PM
  #185  
Cobra Member
 
Doogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 15, 2008
Location: Brew City
Posts: 1,371
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looks like at least one site has the FRPP Recaro seats listed with pricing as 281Motorsports has them for $1,049 (each).

Do we know if the FRPP version has airbags like the Boss seats shown at all the car shows??

M-63660005-MB

Last edited by Doogie; 2/22/11 at 02:31 PM.
Doogie is offline  
Old 2/22/11, 03:02 PM
  #186  
FR500 Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: July 1, 2008
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 3,345
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
Looks like at least one site has the FRPP Recaro seats listed with pricing as 281Motorsports has them for $1,049 (each).

Do we know if the FRPP version has airbags like the Boss seats shown at all the car shows??

M-63660005-MB
We THINK, it does. We don't yet know for sure.
PTRocks is offline  
Old 2/22/11, 03:17 PM
  #187  
Cobra Member
 
Doogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 15, 2008
Location: Brew City
Posts: 1,371
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For $1K each, I sure hope these would come with an airbag. But if you look at the picture on 281Motorosports site, you do not see an "airbag" tag. But who knows what version of seat is actually pictured.
Doogie is offline  
Old 2/22/11, 03:20 PM
  #188  
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member
 
5 DOT 0's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 18, 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 3,708
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
For $1K each, I sure hope these would come with an airbag. But if you look at the picture on 281Motorosports site, you do not see an "airbag" tag. But who knows what version of seat is actually pictured.
If you look at the bottom of the seat back (enlarge it) there is an airbag tag. But at PT has pointed out before that's a photo shopped picture. I can't imagine they won't have airbags but only time will tell. I bet that price is each which makes the upgrade in the Boss a great deal.
5 DOT 0 is offline  
Old 2/22/11, 03:28 PM
  #189  
Cobra R Member
 
2012YellowBoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 3, 2010
Posts: 1,851
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0 View Post
If you look at the bottom of the seat back (enlarge it) there is an airbag tag. But at PT has pointed out before that's a photo shopped picture. I can't imagine they won't have airbags but only time will tell. I bet that price is each which makes the upgrade in the Boss a great deal.

Agree it has to have airbags

Pricing is per seat.
2012YellowBoss is offline  
Old 2/22/11, 04:08 PM
  #190  
FR500 Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: July 1, 2008
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 3,345
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Black stripes added. Boy are they spendy!
PTRocks is offline  
Old 2/22/11, 04:11 PM
  #191  
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member
 
5 DOT 0's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 18, 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 3,708
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PTRocks View Post
Black stripes added. Boy are they spendy!
Yikes that's almost $1,300 not including the decklid. That's over double what I expected. Hopefully they sell a kit.
5 DOT 0 is offline  
Old 2/22/11, 04:18 PM
  #192  
FR500 Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: July 1, 2008
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 3,345
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0 View Post
Yikes that's almost $1,300 not including the decklid. That's over double what I expected. Hopefully they sell a kit.
I added it up to 1079$. The actual pricing is about 15-20% less once you select your dealer. Is the difference in price the cost of doing the roof?
PTRocks is offline  
Old 2/22/11, 04:22 PM
  #193  
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member
 
5 DOT 0's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 18, 2010
Location: NorCal
Posts: 3,708
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PTRocks View Post
I added it up to 1079$. The actual pricing is about 15-20% less once you select your dealer. Is the difference in price the cost of doing the roof?
My bad I was adding in my head. Is there a part for the front quarter?
5 DOT 0 is offline  
Old 2/22/11, 05:34 PM
  #194  
Cobra Member
 
Doogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 15, 2008
Location: Brew City
Posts: 1,371
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looks like they may have prematurely made those seats available as the link is now dead... "No product Found" error
Doogie is offline  
Old 2/22/11, 06:56 PM
  #195  
Bullitt Member
 
Join Date: December 16, 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 270
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PTRocks View Post
Black stripes added. Boy are they spendy!
Thankfully I'm okay just sticking with the white for now. I won't have money to change a buncha stuff on it just yet. The wife and I could always cancel the week vacation to Jamaica in June, but there's no fun in that!
Nccstud is offline  
Old 2/22/11, 08:35 PM
  #196  
Bullitt Member
 
Dean#4AI's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 21, 2004
Location: Warsaw, IN
Posts: 423
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Interesting picture of how the LS splitter is attached.

Dean#4AI is offline  
Old 2/22/11, 10:45 PM
  #197  
 
06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 29, 2005
Posts: 4,618
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It must latch on to the front bumper structure
06GT is offline  
Old 2/23/11, 06:30 AM
  #198  
 
Join Date: April 11, 2007
Location: Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Posts: 832
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice dude, thanks for the numbers.
Digital_Synapse is offline  
Old 2/24/11, 09:39 PM
  #199  
Member
 
jfrullo's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 18, 2011
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
any one find out more on the Rear seat delete with stabilizer brace.who makes it or better yet who can knock one off.it would be a awesome interior mod compaired to the ones that are out there.
jfrullo is offline  
Old 2/28/11, 03:18 PM
  #200  
Mach 1 Member
 
CaptDistraction's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 6, 2011
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 871
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Anyone have luck on the dampers? I'm getting tired of waiting for Koni.
CaptDistraction is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BOSS parts in the 2011 FRP catalog


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.