Notices
2012-2013 BOSS 302

Boss 302 Owners Package.

Search this Thread

Old 8/7/13, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flight96
Its not the cost of the TA that is the issue. The fact that it was never made known to Canadian buyers is a breach of contract.
As for the price of the car, when I first started to look at buying it I had the dealer down to $45,960cdn. That was the same price that a dealership in Washington State was selling for. I contacted the American dealership and tried to haggle them down but they wouldn't budge. He said he knew that he would get what he was asking from someone. And sure enough, when I contacted him again the car was gone.
IMO I think this is a big waste of your time and probably money on legal fees. It's just not worth it.
Old 8/7/13, 08:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I liked into the legal aspect, especially from a false advertising perspective. Ford Canada is covered with legal loopholes and the fact they ran no press or promotion on track attack at all. All we read was "spill" which dealers picked up from early customers. Ford Canada should have backed it and the owners kit earlier but whatcha going to do. Me? I bought a Mazda 2 as my winter car instead of a Fiesta. Now the new '15 Mustang will have to compete with other road/track car options rather than being a slam dunk. Shame... Been pro Ford most if my life even when they lost the way, and right now Fird globally is kicking ****. But Canadian's by and large default to the safe, the cheap and the same old same old.
Old 8/7/13, 11:24 PM
GT Member

I was bummed at first that us Canadians were not getting the kit but I still loved my boss.. it didn`t take any shine away from it.

Then I found out we were getting the kit thanks in part to all the *****ing and I received my kit a few months ago, yay.. I still love my boss.

I would have loved to go to track attack but life goes on. Their was ZERO mention of track attack or the owners kit in Canada from Ford when buying the boss , only talk was the trackey. It`s not like we were cheated out of something that wasn`t offered or mentioned, just saying.
Old 8/8/13, 09:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey hori !
Glad to hear ya got the Owners Kit. What was included in it ? I have heard rumours that the Canadian Kit was different than the American one. How long did it take to get ?
I love the car as well. It just seems really cheap of Ford Canada to not include the Canadian buyers in the TA. And the salesman where we bought the car DID mention it to my wife.

Cheers !!!
Old 8/8/13, 05:20 PM
GT Member

I got mine in April I think...
I called ford racing and asked about my boss owners kit, they asked for my vin etc.. My kit was there but they couldn`t call to confirm my address as I was signed on with the "do not call list" to block telemarketers.. go figure. So after I confirmed my address the kit arrived a couple weeks later.

Kit is same as all the others...

Track attack would have been fun for sure.

Make sure you call about your kit.
Old 8/9/13, 10:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the info I will call them right away !....If I can find a phone number for them !! I called Ford Canada, they had no idea what I was talking about.....

Last edited by flight96; 8/9/13 at 03:44 PM.
Old 8/15/13, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just called Ford Racing and was told that ALL Canadian buyers need to call to have the owners kits shipped. He said it was due to Canadian privacy laws that they don't get the shipping information for Canadian bought cars.
Which I find odd as I have gotten 3 different surveys sent to my house regarding the car/dealer experience.....
So if you are waiting for your owners kit call Ford Racing ASAP. Oh and you have to talk to the Performance Group, not the Ford Racing group.
Old 3/16/19, 01:18 PM

WTB boss owners kit

Hi All, I recently purchased a 2013 Boss LS #393. I am looking to purchase a owners kit. I have talked to the first and second owners and it appears the kit was taken out and lost by the dealer. I have purchased the replacement through ford show parts however I would like to get the box and paperwork that does not come with the replacement. If anyone is willing to part with theirs or given up on it being reunited with the original boss please PM me. Thanks, Andy