2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Spy Shots

Search this Thread

Old 8/21/13, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets cool down & see exactly what Ford will build.
I think we are getting ahead of Ford.
The day is coming soon & we all will see the new 2015/ 5oth Anniversary of Mustang.
Ford has come a long way with this mighty fun loving Sectary & yes Muscle car to not give the public what they want.
A true Pony Car & I think that is what we will get.
Let's just be patient & I think we will all be satisfied.
We cannot see to much due to all the camoflage on it.
I think we will all be surprised when Ford officially shows us this 2015 Mustang.
Just my thoughts & I remember the day when the 1965 Mustang was realesed back then.
It was just as exciting then & 50 Years latter we are still getting excited for it's show day.
Old 8/21/13, 08:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE=
As long as they hold to the Mustang look, and I mean 1965-1973 the true Mustang look, shark/wide front, fastback profile, triple bar taillights etc. those are just few things ford really,REALLY need to incorporate to the future of the mustang brand, go all Porsche with those things, and you can make a new car each time but it will always look like a mustang that way for generations, regardless if some people like it or not at that given time.

The moment they pull another Fox mustang ( I mean a car that does not look like the originals at all) will be the moment I stop respecting the car as a mustang, to this day ,and I'm not alone in this, many people don't recognize the fox/edge Mustangs as a "true" mustang, in my eyes unless it doesn't look anything to the originals 1964-1973, then its just another entity with a known brand sticker on top. No disrespect, but thats how I feel about it.
Yesyesyesyesyes
Old 8/21/13, 09:15 PM

Do you guys think this hood is the final hood? I dont like how substantial the horizontal front raise edge and vertical edges are. Hoping for something sleeker/smoother...
Old 8/21/13, 11:33 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
The more I see it the more I love it.

Dang you Ford I don't need another Mustang
Old 8/22/13, 12:36 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Now that's how you bring the next generation stang.
I posted this many times, many places and never got feedback...
Old 8/22/13, 12:55 AM
Cobra Member

I'm reeeally curious to see how they've handled the rear quarters and fascia. I had also hoped they would move away from a horizontal trunk deck and go for a full fastback roofline but I'm having my doubts. Maybe it's just the camo doing its job though.
Old 8/22/13, 01:02 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by papashango49

Do you guys think this hood is the final hood? I dont like how substantial the horizontal front raise edge and vertical edges are. Hoping for something sleeker/smoother...
There appears to be Velcro along the leading and side edges, and there also appear to be vents/openings with covers on them.
Old 8/22/13, 07:39 AM
Cobra R Member

Fusion front end is fine for a Fusion. Not a mustang. A mustang should have a new look all to its own. When you drive down the road everybody should know, THATS A MUSTANG. The new 15 mustang from the front is , look mom its a Ford Fiesta , no its a Fusion, no its a Taurus, No its actually the new mustang. Aw geez mom why did Ford have to make such a lame a$$ looking muscle car that looks no different than Sally Smith Ford Fiesta down the street. Wow, that's really gay. That's the best design the Ford design team could come up with? Good job on being original and making the iconic mustang stand out from all the other Ford models.
Really? I hated the Fusion front end. Love the new EVOS (which we all knew was hinting at the Mustang) inspired family front end. Expect tweaks as a result of this testing.

Name:  image-1006075543.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  11.3 KB
Old 8/22/13, 07:41 AM
Cobra R Member

The so what is that the mustang is not a Fusion. The Fusion is a fusion. How sad it must be that designers can't come up with an original stand out design for the longest selling pony car .Its a joke that all the cars look alike. Driving down the road one should easily immediately identify the front and rear to the vehicle as being a Mustang. Nothing out there even comes close to the awesomeness of it and based on that front fascia picture it looks like a Fusion, Taurus , Fiesta , Focus, etc.
Except that approach doesn't help sell other Fords as a flagship should. And it wasn't really sexy enough to be selling enough Mustangs. This, with expected tweaks, should.
Old 8/22/13, 07:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by rodriguez256

Both cars are based off of the same Concept car. Like said before, there was a point in time when Fords cars shared the same design language. Looks like history is repeating itself however this time its a better design language. The look is instantly Mustang, look at the old GT500s they have the same design element, this is just more modern. Ford is on a roll with their cars. I really wish the Fusion had come out after the 2015 so all these haters wouldn't have something to complain about. I guess some of you will be sticking in the past with the 05-14 models. Until of course they actually see the 15 on the streets. This always happens.
Word.
Old 8/23/13, 09:25 AM
GT Member

^ This, this, this. I find it really sad too that almost every auto maker is cloning their cars to make a family look. Prime example is Hyundai, Mazda, Nissan, and so on. STOP IT!!! We don't want to drive a fat fusion or oversized Focus. The Mustang has never looked like any other car in the line up. I had a 64' Falcon as my first car and only got it because it was what the Mustang was built on, but the Mustang didn't look anything like the Falcon. From the first day it had it's own unique look. It's tradition. Ford, if you're reading this, please do not make this car look like the rest of your line up. PLEASE!!!
Old 8/23/13, 09:33 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by ledsled
The Mustang has never looked like any other car in the line up.
Wrong.

From the first day it had it's own unique look. It's tradition. Ford, if you're reading this, please do not make this car look like the rest of your line up. PLEASE!!!
You need to do your research. This is not true at all. Take a look at Ford's line up in the 80's and you will see an unmistakable corporate face.
Old 8/23/13, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MRiley
Wrong.

You need to do your research. This is not true at all. Take a look at Ford's line up in the 80's and you will see an unmistakable corporate face.
Thank you! I was about to say the same thing!
Old 8/23/13, 10:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AWmustang
Thank you! I was about to say the same thing!

Aka.. Why I never bought a 80ies Mustang..
Old 8/23/13, 10:48 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

Too late. The gayness is already done. Let's just bask and soak up to the fact the next generation stang will look like the other Ford models. Look dad , there goes the new mustang. No its a Fusion son, No says mom, Its the Focus silly. No crazy people its the Edge says the quiet sister. Wait, it is a mustang after all. Everybody knows a Corvette and there is no mistaken that for another Chevy model.
I see you've chosen to stick with the same rhetoric.
Old 8/23/13, 12:39 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Too late. The gayness is already done. Let's just bask and soak up to the fact the next generation stang will look like the other Ford models. Look dad , there goes the new mustang. No its a Fusion son, No says mom, Its the Focus silly. No crazy people its the Edge says the quiet sister. Wait, it is a mustang after all. Everybody knows a Corvette and there is no mistaken that for another Chevy model.
The kind of person that cannot tell a Fusion from an Edge from a Focus cannot tell a Camaro from a Mustang from a Challenger. They will not be able to distinguish a 911 from a Nissan 370Z. Frankly, I'm not concerned about impressing people who have no interest in cars.

Most of the people on this forum can tell with one eye closed on a foggy day the difference between a base Mustang, a GT, a California Special, a Boss 302, and a GT500. The kind of people who are likely to buy a Mustang will not be confused between it and a non-Mustang.
Old 8/23/13, 12:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by RandyW
The kind of person that cannot tell a Fusion from an Edge from a Focus cannot tell a Camaro from a Mustang from a Challenger. They will not be able to distinguish a 911 from a Nissan 370Z. Frankly, I'm not concerned about impressing people who have no interest in cars.

Most of the people on this forum can tell with one eye closed on a foggy day the difference between a base Mustang, a GT, a California Special, a Boss 302, and a GT500. The kind of people who are likely to buy a Mustang will not be confused between it and a non-Mustang.
This.
Old 8/23/13, 01:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil_Capri

I see you've chosen to stick with the same rhetoric.
Lol. I was just backing up ledsled. I take it all back. I love the front. Its amazing. Ford has outdone themselves. Bravo !
Old 8/23/13, 01:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RandyW

Lmao

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 8/23/13 at 01:21 PM.
Old 8/23/13, 01:15 PM
GT Member

THANK GOD I HAD THE $$$$$ to buy a '13 BOSS 302!!!!!!!!!! I can't see myself driving that Fusion clone. Great shades of Mustang II. I'll have to unfortunately live through another era of Camaro as king! But, on the bright side, our 2011 to 2014's will bring premium dollars. Thanks Ford!

Quick Reply: 2015 Spy Shots